• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

NaNoWriMo 2011

Crazy Linoone

broke ASB
That's right! It's (almost) that time of the year again!

I'm just going to quote Blaziking because I'm a lazy bum:

To the people who read this and are thinking "what the hell is a nanowrimo?": NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) takes place in November of every year. In that 30 day period, you are challenged to write a 50,000 word novel, which boils down to writing about 1667 words a day for 30 days. If you enjoy writing, it is insanely fun (even though I've never managed to surpass 10,000 words). If this paragraph got you slightly interested in what I was talking about, the website is here and can give more information.

I actually don't think I'll be able to win this year (due to the horrific workload brought on by a thing called "college application"), but I still want to try because I have an original story idea and it's pretty cool. The main character is actually legitly snarky and not angtly this time. I'm still working out the details, but there's still a month to go, so I think I can figure something out meantime. If not... I'll just BS it like what I did last year. Yes, I did say that I was planning to finish the fic from last year, but the plot holes are unfixable/require too much effort to fix so I'm dropping it for now.

So, discussions! What are you planning for NaNoWriMo this year? And cool ideas? People you think you can coerce into joining?

It's not even October yet! D:

In as always, but not sure what I'll write for this year. Maybe I'll re-try the orig fantasy story that was such an incredible flop when I tried working on it for last year's NaNo.

It's not even October yet! D:

In as always, but not sure what I'll write for this year. Maybe I'll re-try the orig fantasy story that was such an incredible flop when I tried working on it for last year's NaNo.

:< But the last NaNo thread started on Sep. 9th or something crazy like that. Which means that I'm allowed.

one of my teachers made us write for NaNoWriMo, and I got past my goal of 10,000 words (18,673 words, to be exact), but I didn't win (obviously) but i wrote more words than my teacher hehehe

Gah, I soooo wished I'd won last year, I was so close too. Only a few hundred off. I changed my story after a few hundred words last time... is it wrong to use what I had last time? I mean I won't count any of the words already written, but I want to use the story....

My name on the site is PhantomX0990, feel free to send a request or whatever.

It was a decent story I had, I'm pissed I switched it last time. The first few hundred words are on my profile still though... I had forgotten to change it.

:< But the last NaNo thread started on Sep. 9th or something crazy like that. Which means that I'm allowed.

September 4th, actually. You are late. The thread is supposed to start earlier and earlier every year.

aaaaa NaNo. It's fun! but I am technically in the middle of another writing challenge that ends in October and haven't even started yet. :( Not feeling all that great about writing at the moment; I realize the cure for that is to just get over myself and do it anyway, and my classes this quarter are probably not going to be anywhere near as hellish as they were last time NaNo rolled around, but... ergh. Sadface, whine, etc..

I am going to try really hard to feel better and get shit done in time to be able to do it, though!

I'm probably going to continue last year's story. I haven't really gotten anywhere on it since then... and I hope to win again this year. I'll count the continuation of last year's story as a different story and won't count any of the words written last year in it. Of course, before I do NaNo/continue the story, I have to go and revise all of the segments I've written by November.

Well, I technically finished the story last year, but it didn't actually make 50,000 words. Capped itself at about 46,000, it did.

So this year I'm trying to go off of nothing short of a detailed outline. It's bad to be unprepared, and I figure the 'no planning' restriction only really means 'no prewriting'.

And as last year, I'll probably be posting it here.

I'll try to do better than last year this time, but I don't know how things are going to work out since this is my first years of university and I might suddenly be overworked.
But probably not.

I have a couple of ideas for stories, but I'd like to re-try last year's idea since I sort of fucked up all along the line historically and character-wise on that one. Is that allowed? If not then oh well but if yes then cool. I'll go check the FAQ :o

I made it to 41,000 words last time (aaargh) so I really hope to top that.

I'm in.

Although this year I'm not going in with a concrete plan. I'll be just writing down whatever comes to mind and hoping for the best, like I did in 2009. And I won that year, so.

The furthest I've ever gotten was 26k D: I'll be halfway in, and then I'll sort of remember what I've written and it'll seem horrible and I can't continue :( argh.

I want to try again this year, but I don't really have a plot in mind so :V I have a lot of characters and a decent setting, but I can't think of how to tie them all together. Who knows, though? Maybe I'll try stringing everything together and making a bunch of short stories.

I think I will either retry that Scyther's Story rewrite I failed so miserably at last year or rewrite Morphic, because otherwise I'll never do it and yay an excuse to be constantly writing about Dave for a month. Neither really counts for NaNo purposes so I probably won't be formally participating per se, just trying to get it done.

I'll participate but I don't have a stupid fanfic idea yet. Origfic'd be more satisfying, but I still don't have a, you know, plot for That One Origfic thing. I have two subplots and an ensemble cast. So stupid crossover fic it is.

I think I will either retry that Scyther's Story rewrite I failed so miserably at last year or rewrite Morphic, because otherwise I'll never do it and yay an excuse to be constantly writing about Dave for a month. Neither really counts for NaNo purposes so I probably won't be formally participating per se, just trying to get it done.

I vote for Morphic.

I've pondered trying to write 50000 words of ASB reffings in November, but I'm nooot really sure I could manage anything close to that. (I have no ideas for anything monolithic I could write 50000 words of.)

i've done it for three years but i'm not sure i want to do it again this year. :/ for the first time in three years i'm actually going to have a horrendously busy november and idk if i want to worry about having to do nanowrimo too :<

I might pick up my 'write 50k words of stuff' challenge again; I enjoyed doing that, even though I think I only hit ~35k last year? It's not really adhering strictly to the rules, but that's what I like doing and it's not like the FUN POLICE will stop me P:

I've pondered trying to write 50000 words of ASB reffings in November, but I'm nooot really sure I could manage anything close to that. (I have no ideas for anything monolithic I could write 50000 words of.)

Maybe you should ref a mosh pit battle?

Apparently my English teacher is actually going to let up on homework in November, and the full 50,000 words will count as extra credit.

YES.

Back
Top Bottom