• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Obsessive Scribblers

Also, Kai Lucifer has taken up the role of threadmin.

*waves banner* HOORAY FOR KAI! :D HE'S THE THREADMIN! <3

*throws confetti everywhere and random drawings* :'D

8D90225.PNG

Crappy drawing is crappy. D: IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE A TISSUE. I SOWWY KAI.

Last edited:
So guys, I've thought of something fun for us all to do. [Zora created an OC!TvTrope meme] and I was thinking about doing it until I realised that I probably don't have 10 original characters. And then I thought "Why not do it with the Obsessive Scribblers!" So here's what I propose:
-Ten people offer up themselves and their favourite trope and then draw themselves in whatever trope they're coupled with. We then put it together and upload it to deviantART.
-Alternatively, after people are coupled with whatever trope they're given, we then decide on which part of the meme we want to draw.

[TvTropes here]

[Oh yeah, and here's a reference (finally).]

Last edited:
D'awwwwwwwwww :'O

Oh and mysona.
Ha ha, it looks like that one game I don't play. Phoenix Wright. The shoulders are a bit bumpy though, they... don't really look all that natural. Arms seem to thick for a thinnish torso and the torso seems too long for the small legs. I do like that expression though, ahaha. It's so pleasantly unpleasant! But good job, on submitting your sona!

So guys, I've thought of something fun for us all to do. [Zora created an OC!TvTrope meme] and I was thinking about doing it until I realised that I probably don't have 10 original characters. And then I thought "Why not do it with the Obsessive Scribblers!" So here's what I propose:
-Ten people offer up themselves and their favourite trope and then draw themselves in whatever trope they're coupled with. We then put it together and upload it to deviantART.
-Alternatively, after people are coupled with whatever trope they're given, we then decide on which part of the meme we want to draw.

[TvTropes here]

First off, whooo, Kai's threadmin! I think you'll do a good job. ^^

I'd do that, but... I've prohibited myself from going on TVTropes because I really get unhealthily addicted and spend like 17 hours with 20 tabs open whenever I even try to go on ONE page. (yes, this has happened before, and twice) So gonna resist the urge... but everyone else, have fun!

Oh and nice picture, Kai, very nice. Nice to see some more traditional art, ahaha, I don't see enough of it nowadays. You pulled off that pose pretty good, it looks like something that would've been easy to screw up. I especially like your knees, they are really good and have appropriate folds. Expressions are cool too! Only issue I have is the outstretching arm on both you and Waterdude, it looks a bit too... straight. But otherwise, nicely done.

In the meantime, I'll announce that since it seems most people have got their 'sonas in... I really don't have much more that I can procrastinate on! And since Nanowrimo will be coming up soon and people will be busy with that... and then after that Draw Month... well, then... I've decided that I will be commencing the OScars in exactly ONE WEEK, ON OCTOBER 10TH. Why one week? I've gotta make preparations and what not, make sure it's totally perfect. Unless anyone else has any objections with this date and thinks another one would be appropriate?

She's married, you know.
You married her too? You are a player.

I'll put forth Stalker With A Crush, thank you. <3

Oh my, I can see this becoming amazing already. Hm, lets see . . . I'll put myself in now along with [Did you just punch out Cthulu?]. It rolls off the tongue~

First off, whooo, Kai's threadmin! I think you'll do a good job. ^^

I'd do that, but... I've prohibited myself from going on TVTropes because I really get unhealthily addicted and spend like 17 hours with 20 tabs open whenever I even try to go on ONE page. (yes, this has happened before, and twice) So gonna resist the urge... but everyone else, have fun!

Oh and nice picture, Kai, very nice. Nice to see some more traditional art, ahaha, I don't see enough of it nowadays. You pulled off that pose pretty good, it looks like something that would've been easy to screw up. I especially like your knees, they are really good and have appropriate folds. Expressions are cool too! Only issue I have is the outstretching arm on both you and Waterdude, it looks a bit too... straight. But otherwise, nicely done.

In the meantime, I'll announce that since it seems most people have got their 'sonas in... I really don't have much more that I can procrastinate on! And since Nanowrimo will be coming up soon and people will be busy with that... and then after that Draw Month... well, then... I've decided that I will be commencing the OScars in exactly ONE WEEK, ON OCTOBER 10TH. Why one week? I've gotta make preparations and what not, make sure it's totally perfect. Unless anyone else has any objections with this date and thinks another one would be appropriate?
Thank you! I'll do my best to keep the OS up to date and in order. :D

Thank you again, I'd go digital but it's just not working out. I'd rather use a program that makes lineart neat and tidy than have to redraw the same line over fifty times to do exactly the same thing. But I've sorta figured out how to use my watercolours now and I've been having fun with them. I want to try out markers somepoint, but they cost money, which I'm saving for MCM.
As for the over-straightness of the arms, I can see what you mean. I probably aught to have put in some folds to give the sleeve a bit more texture.

Thank you yet again! I completely forgot about the OScars, I can't wait now~

[TvTropes here]

We talked about it. :D I'm being Badazz Princess. :D

YES. <3

Whoo, that's six people already! Just four more and we can start drawing!

Note that you will most likely /not/ get paired with your trope of choice. eg. Zora's trope will be slot one, Saith's slot 2 etc. , meaning that Saith will end up with Did you just punch out Cthulu (what fun :D) and Pentimento will get Slasher Smile.

Back
Top Bottom