• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Obsessive Scribblers~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, well fagging is fun. >:/ The green dude is... well, I'm not sure if wings attached to shoulder blades(I imagine them attached there too, btw) could move like that. Unless there was no muscle. The red guy is meh. I want to fag about the blue guy, but you would all hurt me so I'll shut up now. >_<
Well, the blue guy's supposed to, I don't know, be folding his wings to rest the or something. I never get how people with wings are supposed to rest their wings. Or put on clothes. But yeah the green guy's pretty awful haha :v

Also, I fully appreciate and love criticism but your own wings aren't super great either. Maybe it's an old picture, but here for example. I mean it's not bad or anything but I was sort of expecting some really marvellous wings. They're okay, I guess.

Inactive Linoone is inactive.

Just posting to say that I haven't abandoned this yet...

And now, some fagging about wings. VPLJ's wings are actually sorta nice really, but they're too small if they're intended for flight. And the green wings are weird. And, uh, bird wings fold like... Can't show it without a picture... crap...

Will post later when I dig up my handy wing-drawing guide... -_-

That picture is old. Doesn't count. I put that in my art thread because it was one of my half decent old pictures... >:/

I remember something about birds' wings being twice or one and a half times their body lengths?

And if you want a... 'better' *cough* picture I'll do one when I stop procrastinating. Might be a while...

The length of a bird's wing depends entirely on the sort of bird it is, where it lives, what it eats, how it flies, etc.. For example, a bird that lives in the woods (owls, some hawks, etc.) would have shorter wings for maneuvering between the trees as quickly and efficiently as possible; other birds have much longer wingspans designed for speed and/or distance in open sky. Short wings are not automatically wrong as long as they are intended to be used the way short wings are designed, although there's also laziness, lack of room on the paper, artistic license, stuff like that.

I have like this huge book on drawing raptors and another book entirely about bird flight, so. Pretty helpful.

No I just sort of want to see the wings so I can see where I make mistakes I guess? I don't know, like I said, I never draw wings on anyone :v and if I do I look at some refs and call it a day.

Anyway bunch of December shit:
Mornings with Ivan, Roland and Alain. Drawn right before bed; looks like shit.

Bunch of young!Ivan sketches, again before going to bed. Kind of like kid!Ivan with the cap but other than that. Raphaël also looks really weird because it's the first time I ever drew him and Ivan looks way too old.

Ivan and Raphaël discuss sex while playing Domino. Bed-sketch; shit.

Alois! Now with huge forehead and SS uniform! He looks way too stern though because he's a complete bimbo, like Alwin :v

Alwin! Trying to make him look better but he looks too manly.

Creepy paedo Raphaël/Ivan thing. Raphaël's nearly fourty and Ivan's sixteen. And no, I don't think it's a good kind of relationship, but it does happen.

AND FINALLY:
HEY YOU
YES YOU

QUICK! DRAW A COMIC!
comic.jpg

DO IT

BUT I CAN'T DRAW
WHO CARES (WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE THEN IT'S OS)

I'M NOT FUNNY
NEITHER AM I I MEAN LOOK AT THAT SHIT

I WON'T DO IT
):

DRAW! DRAW! DRAW! DRAW!

^Uh... Very nice. Mm. I don't really know about comics, so..

I keep forgetting this is in the Artist Lounge >:/

Some sort of spam thing. I'm just staying out of it as long as this and the RPing stays.

But at any rate, I've had an idea for a comic for days now, so draw one I shall!

Grrr I can't scan in any of my stuff D:
There's a heap of stuff I haven't posted at all anyway but all the same :(
Oh. Right.
I can't scan in because the the new fine-liners I got didn't work at all D:

Oh what the hell, I'll post some other stuff later :D

Edit: Wait what? You wanted comics :D?
Here, have one I did back in October.
http://ice-the-frosty-cat.deviantart.com/art/Ice-and-GF0-Bombs-108905904

More to come when I upload them :D

Last edited:
Will draw a comic and put it here shortly!

And then I'll upload my stupidly massive backload of ArtMo pictures!

And it'll be good!

(I hate the Artist Lounge :/)

I'm surprised at the amount of people who still have to upload their ArtMo pics. I mean, It's been over a week since it ended. Surely that's enough time to upload the pics remaining. I'm not saying that in a bad way towards other members, I just mean that it seems ages ago since it finished.

And since then, I haven't really drawn anything at all.

I've started to consider a final piece for my current art project. I've been intruiged by the Bird of Paradise flowers and how they look, and I've decided to draw/paint/whatever them for it. I'll inform (and probably post some pics) you all when I start doing some designs.

Do I get a reward for finishing ArtMo?

Er, I'll make a reward? xD I didn't do the ArtMo, so I feel sort of bad. D:

Dah, but looks like I'm going to be even further offline in a few weeks. Darn it.

@ VPLJ: Your humans are awesome. Like always. xD The comic is exactly what I would do to myself and a few people. |D

I'm bored, so I'll make a reward too?

The comic may or may not be pending. BUT I have another piece of art that does NOT count as a try to draw good wings. It's my first decent full colour drawing thing. With a background and stuff, kinda.

..Will edit when I actually upload it.

Decided to upload...
Distance.jpg

Again, not an example of good wings. This was done quickly. *avoids fagging*

Nice picture, RainbowRayquaza. I would comment, but I have to go...

abeus.png

Just a quick Absol/Arceus thing. I noticed that the two had kinda similar headgear, so I drew this.

Hehe, that's cute x3

I has something...from ages ago...
:D?
http://ice-the-frosty-cat.deviantart.com/art/Dr-Xelli-108905440
(Read the description plzkthx)

Edit: OH IT'S COMICS YOU WANT HUH?
Well sure, have something I drew way back in October.
http://ice-the-frosty-cat.deviantart.com/art/Ice-and-GF0-Bombs-108905904
More to come when I upload them :D (Never)

Last edited:
OH HEY!

I'VE GOT A GREAT IDEA!

I've started doing Misuteru's OC meme, but realised I barely had any OCs, and decided to instead draw some of the Obsessive Scribblers. So far, I've got round to drawing each of the OSers, and thought it would be a great idea if a different OSer drew each panel.

If not I can probably do it by myself, but hey, I though it would be fun.

I'm also almost finished with a type meme that UV posted a while back.

@Rainbow, I really like the arceus/absol. It's adorable!

Not terribly sure what a meme is. Is it one of those lists that have you drawing what the maker tells you to?
I'm in regardless :D
Can you show us the meme in question?

Here's a dog which I'm planning to mess about with in Photoshop. Just to see what I can do. If you want to colour it in or something, go ahead.

Actually, I got an idea that we could have some kind of colouring contest. Or, if not a contest, a 'let's-all-colour-stuff-in' thing of some sort. Just an idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom