• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Odd Truths Thread

The Meme

At least somewhat Evil. A little.
Just a thread where you tell everyone else one or two odd truths about yourself that few other people know. Don't be shy, the odds are no one will be able to connect your post with your identity. I'll start.

I have seen every episode of The Golden Girls.

Sometimes if I've been walking a lot and my toes get all dirty, I get the toenail clippers and take off the calluses so they're clean again.

I once had a huge wart on my toe. After a few months my parents were visiting some friends or something and I noticed a crack on it. I ripped it off (painless) and threw it somewhere, and I've been wart-free every since.

I once jumped off a ramp on my scooter and injured the area beneath my toenail on the second toe (from my big toe) on my left foot. It remained purple for a while, and when I pushed on it (like I eventually do with all bruises I get), pus squirted everywhere until the color returned to normal. Over the next few days, the toenail got all yellow and gross, and started to get really loose. Eventually I got sick of it and cut the cuticle (all that was holding it on, and this time it was pretty painful) until it fell off completely. My toenail has since grown back.

I have a huge problem with picking scabs, especially ones on my face that I get from popping pimples, which I have quite a few of.

I have a bunion on my right foot that we can't remove until I'm sixteen for fear of toe-stuntedness (oh noes), but I'd rather wait until after I graduate. It gets me out of P.E. class.

I usually bring four or five books with me into class, sometimes with more in my backpack. I always bring one to lunch and sometimes have to get last in line because I'm busy finishing a chapter.

I cannot stand any kind of meat on my pizza, especially pepperoni. It tastes too spicy (I hate spicy foods) and it gives me gas.

I am terrified of SpaghettiO's, as they gave me the worse food poisoning I've ever had once. I used to really, really love them, though.

• My two middle toes on each foot are webbed together.
  • My parents couldn't give me cough syrup as a kid because, for some reason, it made me incredibly irritable and violence-prone. I remember punching out some kid in preschool because of it. I'm really not even sure if it was the cough syrup that caused it because I've never been able to find anything that lists things like that as side-effects of dextromethorphan, but we still generally avoid giving me cough syrup.
  • FOODS I HATE THAT EVERYONE ELSE ON THE PLANET LIKES APPARENTLY: chili, hot dogs, macaroni and cheese, orange juice, meatloaf, baked beans, mayonnaise, mint-chocolate things, corn dogs, and most American-style breakfast foods.
  • I put ketchup on everything. One of my favorite snacks is a grilled provolone cheese sandwich with potato chips. I dip them both in ketchup. :9 (despite this, however, I hate anything that involves cooking ketchup. See meatloaf and baked beans above. Ketchup is meant to be cold!)
  • I have a pet cat named Shadow and a pet african dwarf frog named Pickle. I also dabble in raising different carnivorous plants; I don't have any sophisticated greenhouse equipment, though, so the ones I can raise best are the ones native to North America. My favorite is the Nepenthes genus (Victreebel), but it sucks seeing them die every winter because I have to raise them like windowsill plants. :c I'd like to have a greenhouse someday.

No one I've ever liked more than "Friend" level has ever been a real person. (Aside from my family of course.)

• My two middle toes on each foot are webbed together.
  • My parents couldn't give me cough syrup as a kid because, for some reason, it made me incredibly irritable and violence-prone. I remember punching out some kid in preschool because of it. I'm really not even sure if it was the cough syrup that caused it because I've never been able to find anything that lists things like that as side-effects of dextromethorphan, but we still generally avoid giving me cough syrup.
  • FOODS I HATE THAT EVERYONE ELSE ON THE PLANET LIKES APPARENTLY: chili, hot dogs, macaroni and cheese, orange juice, meatloaf, baked beans, mayonnaise, mint-chocolate things, corn dogs, and most American-style breakfast foods.
  • I put ketchup on everything. One of my favorite snacks is a grilled provolone cheese sandwich with potato chips. I dip them both in ketchup. :9 (despite this, however, I hate anything that involves cooking ketchup. See meatloaf and baked beans above. Ketchup is meant to be cold!)
  • I have a pet cat named Shadow and a pet african dwarf frog named Pickle. I also dabble in raising different carnivorous plants; I don't have any sophisticated greenhouse equipment, though, so the ones I can raise best are the ones native to North America. My favorite is the Nepenthes genus (Victreebel), but it sucks seeing them die every winter because I have to raise them like windowsill plants. :c I'd like to have a greenhouse someday.

Why are you so awesome?

• One time we were doing fundraising for the local bowling center, and I stole M&Ms from the box regulary. I would then dump the wrappers behind my mom's bed, hoping no one would find them.
  • I once killed a fly because it was being annoying, was proud that I killed it, and then immediately became upset that I killed a fly.
  • My brother and I had this screwed up dreamworld that we would act scenes out like a tv show. This could best be summed up as: Ash has two brothers(their Pokemon visit a Magic School for Pokemon! and can talk!), regularly visits Digimon World, where there exists several Digimon that can transform into such forms like Super Saiyan 12. So Yeeaaah...
  • Oddly enough, I used to be far more outgoing than I am now. I apparently kissed a girl in my preschool class at the ripe age of 4. Now I would be lucky if I could make friends with a girl.
  • Almost every single one of my best friends I met on the first day of school because I had to sit next to them on the bus. Two of them in my 2nd Grade year, 2 of them in my 3rd Grade year.
  • I was looking foward to the game Pokemon Hot Pink, apparently a game that was only ever released in Japan, back when G/S were popular. Yeah, I took part in my fair share of Pokemon gossip. XD

You know, I could probably do a whole list of things on that dreamworld, but that's a story for another time.

I have a huge problem with picking scabs, especially ones on my face that I get from popping pimples, which I have quite a few of.
That sounds just like me :U

Anyway, here are some of my weirdnesses:
- I often used to write words in the air with my fingers when I was younger (unnoticeably, have stopped doing that)
- I have two clawed frogs (both female) as pets, as well as a bunch of giant African land snails (which are apparently illegal to have as pets in some countries)
- I have named my laptop Victor, but I'm not going to name my DS because I don't feel it has enough of a personality to be named.
- A wasp's rear end has stung me. Side note: it wasn't even attached to the rest of the bug anymore D:

I'm even more weird than that but I feel those are enough. :B

When I was little I had three HUGE warts on my right thumb, we tried everything to get rid of them, freezing, those little band aid things everything, and nothing worked. One day a friend of mine's grandmother told me a way to get rid of them.
Take some raw bacon and rub it over the warts, then throw the bacon over your left shoulder and don't look where it went! Wait for two weeks before doing anything further.

Two weeks later they were gone!!!!!! No joke!

So,
-Cured warts with raw bacon
-I am overly interested in paranormal, in fact I am the admin and founder of MCTCPS, my college's paranormal society. We do ghost hunts, etc, usually looking for common answers to seemingly paranormal problems.
-I've always been a sucker for paranormal stuff, ever since I was very little.
-My favorite movie is Clue, the 80's movie based off a board game... yep.
-Even though I am in school to be a paramedic I hate the smell of blood... bleck
-Oblivion almost made me fail high school
-I used to think it was funny to name my metapod penis and make it use harden, now I still think it is hilarious, but I act like it's stupid.

• I have one "vampire tooth" that is out of line with the rest of my upper jaw. It was expected to push the other teeth aside and grow downward, but many years later it is still out of line.
  • I use Microsoft PowerPoint for just about everything. I make games, artworks, and animations with it.
  • I LOVE snakes, but my parents HATE snakes. When I have my own place, I'll be sure to have a few as pets.
  • I just can't eat mushrooms. Some people love them, but I gag at the very taste of them. I likely had some sort of traumatic mushroom experience in my early childhood.
  • I've never lived in the same house for more than two years. I've lived in six states, and two countries. I move A LOT.
  • I have two middle names

On my first day of kindergarten, I took some scissors, held them up and started cutting nothing in particular. My teacher asked what I was doing and I responded "I'm trying to cut the atoms!" (Who can blame me, I wanted to see what would happen when you cut an atom in half :D never mind how the hell did I know what an atom was at the age of four anyway)

Why are you so awesome?

• I once killed an ant because it was being annoying, was proud that I killed it, and then immediately became upset that I killed an ant.
  • My brother and I had this screwed up dreamworld that we would act scenes out like a tv show.
  • Oddly enough, I used to be far more outgoing than I am now. I apparently kissed a girl in my preschool class at the ripe age of 4. Now I would be lucky if I could make friends with a girl.
  • Almost every single one of my best friends I met on the first day of school because I had to sit next to them on the bus. Two of them in my 2nd Grade year, 2 of them in my 3rd Grade year.
  • I was looking foward to the game Pokemon Diamond, apparently a game that was only ever released in Japan, back when G/S were popular. Yeah, I took part in my fair share of Pokemon gossip. XD

You know, I could probably do a whole list of things on that dreamworld, but that's a story for another time.

Apart from the changed I bolded...

are you me? wtf

-I feel like some of my friends hate me. (THAT'S TOO DEPRESSING FOR AN INSANITY THREAD LET ME FIX)
-My grandmother gave me a live cactus once. I loved that cactus. Then the head fell off and I had to throw it out.
-Ever since first grade I wanted to be...a botanist. I was a generally strange child.
-I had a grand total of 2 friends in grade school. I think that's why I'm so weird with friendships.
-still haven't kissed a boy. Might change tomorrow if God decides to be awesome. (or if the banana does mean something)
-speaking of bananas, I gave a stuffed one to my (male) friend. Why? A long, really complicated story.
-I bet my friend two cookies that my guy friend didn't like me. We eventually called it off.

I'm really tall and angular and generally tree-like.

I have fangs. My canine teeth are longer, sharper, and more triangular than most.

Everything about me looks western European except for my eyes, which are really deep and narrow.

I want a pet goliath beetle named Sidney.

All of my senses are abnormally...well, sensitive, except for my vision, which is 20/450 in my left eye and 20/475 in my right. I'm still photosensitive and can notice small movements easily, though.

I absolutely cannot stand anything with the flavor dubbed umami. I am a vegetarian due to this.

When I was a fetus in the 3rd trimester, my parents got carbon monoxide poisoning. It was apparently so bad that we all could have died or been put into coma. They were then put into hyperbaric oxygen chambers, which apparently could have altered my brain development.

I will not kill bugs. They never did anything to deserve being smashed by me.

I named my cat after someone I hate.

I've only ever been kissed once by my best guy friend... and it was in the bathroom... :/

I hate orange juice but love Sunny D.

I hate bananas. End of story.

My name in itself is odd; it's Mystari.

I don't have any real friends to tell my darkest secrets to. Not even family. And I only have few friends, but none are the bestest ever. I feel bottled up *goes to bathroom to cry eyes out*

I cannot blush. Seriously. I can't.

My eyes change colors depending on what I'm thinking of.

I have no favorite anything. I have a few high-ranking things, but nothing a favorite (i.e. I like purple, black and blue, and cats and wolves)

I am frequently asked if I am goth/emo because of the way my hair falls. Except I'm BLONDE and I wear colors other than black/red/purple

I am very over competitive. And over protective. I think I have OCD.

I also think I have ADHD.

And am depressed but hiding it from even myself.

I am a pacifist and hate hurting anyone/thing except myself.

I believe I don't belong in the world.

I still collect TY beanie babies.

Everyone tells me I'm beautiful/pretty/cute but I know I'm not.

I am one of the youngest in my grade besides a few others.

Everyone says I look like Taylor Swift. Ironic because I love her music.

I rarely laugh or smile a real smile.

I laugh over the stupidest jokes and sit there looking depressed at the best.

I have over 1*three*0 silly bandz.

1257890 are the only numbers that work on my keyboard.

I stopped believeing in Santa, Tooth Fairy, and the Easter Bunny in the fifth grade. Because my parents told me.

I'm not the only one who hates baked beans! :D Refried beans are okay, though.

• I can almost get my leg behind my head.
  • I have recurring dreams about Disney World
  • I can curl my tongue
  • I named my Articuno "Nice Pants", for no real reason.
  • In fact, I do give odd names to my Pokemon
  • I fangirl about random things

That's about it really.....

I get moments where I eat lots (sometimes feeling sick in the process) or moments where I feel like eating nothing at all (and I don't). I feel that is the reason why I am still skinny tbh.

I am also a very picky eater. If I am eating something I don't like, I feel sick. I often get random obsessions with food. It was a tuna mayo and sweetcorn sandwitch from waitrose, but I haven't been feeling well lately and I think those are to blame.

I hate tesco. I feel sick if I feel the food I am eating has been bought from there.

And I LOVE apple juice.

I have completed Notpron. (save for the final level which is generally regarded as "non-canon", for lack of a better term). I really love puzzles like these, and for the last few years I have been in a perpetual cycle of "planning my amazing internet puzzle game". I have already amassed a lot of good concepts for puzzles, it's just the execution that's a bit difficult, you know?

I am actually fairly interested in zen buddhism, and attempt to meditate every night when it's possible. Key word, however, is "attempt", because a) I kind of suck and have never been able to go for more than a few minutes without giving up and b) the only nights I even bother to try are nights when I am not too tired to meditate and nights where I do not have to wake up early in the morning, a.k.a. Saturday, if I'm lucky.

I really, really, really have a passion for exploration. I frequently go out in my neighborhood and just try to go somewhere, oftentimes during the middle of the night. The problem with that is I can never go very far because my neighborhood, a quite pretty, upper middle class, mostly Jewish community, is surrounded on all sides by hardcore ghetto. I tell myself that I really have nothing to be afraid of, but easier said than done, you know?

This might sound like I'm bragging, and I kind of am, but I get pretty low grades in school despite the fact that I allegedly have an IQ of 147. :\ You might just say "well you must be lazy and not pay attention then" and I don't deny it, but I got 720/800 and 760/800 on the math and biology SATs, respectively. These two tests directly evaluate material I learned this year in school, (material that I got Cs on) and I didn't study at all for either of them. Meanwhile friends of mine have gotten As in those classes, and lower or equal scores on the SATs.

I see myself as a bit of a huge douchebag. Every day, I try to change it, but I end up just feeling worse about myself. You'd think it would be easy, wouldn't you?

Does anyone remember those "I Spy" books, by Walter Wick and Jean Marzello? I would hazard that a fair amount of you do, unless it's just a regional thing. Anyway, I have an extremely pure and unironic love for said series of books, rivaling my love for even the other entertainment works I hold close to my heart (Pokémon comes to mind). Someday, I want to create my own I Spy book, using the resources available to me.

I HATE facebook.com, with a burning passion. I could probably write a good 5000 words on all the ways it ruins our lives.

Back
Top Bottom