• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Odd Truths Thread

O_O
They were unrelated... unless it's subconscious or something.

BUT I STILL WANT TO BE SHIPPED WITH SOMEONE.

Ohh yea, and on topic: Ever since a friend tackled me by accident, I can pop my ankle just by moving it the right way.

I CAN DO THAT WITH MY SHOULDER!!!ONEELEVEN!!!1!

But seriously, if I move my shoulder back and roll it in a circle toward the front again it pops out of its socket. It leaves a big hole and it feels funny and I can only lift it shoulder-high. I hear that's what happened to John McCain in Vietnam except he can't pop it back in.

I feel that I'm nearly the only person on the internet (and very much on here) that isn't a genius. Or, really, isn't all that clever - every person who posted their A-level results this year did better than me. I don't do particularly well in exams, and I think my IQ would be very low because I do very badly with maths and logic. I struggle to do simple sums in my head, and only get decent grades by working incredibly hard.

...Me too.

Oh God now I want to be in a shipping too.

Also I support Mike x Flora.

I can't remember who said they can't type without looking at the keyboard (even though I read that like 10 seconds ago), but I am the complete opposite. I will often turn my head and talk to someone while typing up something pretty quickly and making little to no spelling errors. Honestly, I think I type better while not looking at the keyboard.

I am the only freshman in two of my classes, and one of only two freshman in another.

I have calculated that I will graduate high school when I am 17 (unless I get held back or skip a grade, neither of which I really want to do).

I sometimes get into arguments with my teachers, and win.

I have very odd pet peeves, and cannot stand it when someone asks me what kind of music I'm listening to or what book I'm reading. I'm okay with talking about the kinds of music that I like, or what books I like, but hate it when people ask me while I'm actually doing it.

My mom often calls me a gazelle, after my odd way of running. Sometimes I tend to run while jumping off on every other step (as in, jump off on left, land on right, repeat).

don't make me hurt you >:c

I keep thinking of things to say in this thread but then forgetting them as soon as I stockpile enough to be worth posting. Though I do type entirely with my left index finger while keeping my right one on the Shift key at all times unless I need to press Enter or Backspace. I'm told that is weird.

And I often go to type the letter A but hit caps lock by aCCIDENT AT THE SAME TIME AND FAIL TO NOTICE UNTIL i'VE TYPED A WHOLE SENTENCE BECAUSE I NEVER LOOK UP FROM THE KEYBOARD WHILE TYPING EITHER.

I feel that I'm nearly the only person on the internet [...] that isn't a genius.

...have you ever read a Comments section, Danni? :p

Last edited:
-I taught myself how to type without looking, but I don't type the official way, using all of my fingers and blah blah blah.

-My grandfather died the day I was born. Yes, that's odd. And very, very sad.

-I love Mike with all my heart. I really do. <3
Now he's going to kill me.

-My Culinary Careers teacher is cute. And he's in his 30s.

-I can't stand rap.

-I dislike most teenage singer's songs. (Not the celebrities themselves, just the songs) They need to be like, at least twenty years old. I don't know, that's how I roll.

-Me and my mom adore Lady Gaga, while the rest of my family is like "lol, eww."

-I have two posters of one celebrity in my room, while most of my friends have three posters of fifteen celebrites in their room. Lol wtf.

-My favorite word is derp. Derp.

That's all I can think of. :/

Edit: I CALL BE SHIPPED WITH DINRU <3

Last edited:
I feel that I'm nearly the only person on the internet (and very much on here) that isn't a genius. Or, really, isn't all that clever - every person who posted their A-level results this year did better than me. I don't do particularly well in exams, and I think my IQ would be very low because I do very badly with maths and logic. I struggle to do simple sums in my head, and only get decent grades by working incredibly hard.

On the other hand, I'm good in social situations, make friends easily and generally spend more of my time being happy than almost anyone I know.
your A-levels were better than mine :(
I'm kinda the same with all that first part
but I'm also a social cripple
lose lose situation yay

...I have no response to that.

Uh so I have two more:

~I apparently have very pretty eyes. Before I got contacts, every so often I'd hear "Rachel your eyes are so pretty! You should get contacts!" On a related note, my friend was posting stuff on everyone's walls on facebook and admitted wanting to steal my eyes.
~I...can't properly sing the lyrics to Living on a Prayer. It isn't caused by the lack of physical capability so much as a result of listening a band who enjoys doing stuff like that in their spare time. My friend has this condition too.

Also Mike your name is the same as the name of the lead singer from said band, who I love very much. Just so you know

edit: and one more:

~I want to be a Broadway actress. I remember one particular instance where I mentioned this and the friend I was talking to started going on about how she hates it when people say they want to be an actor/actress when they're not good enough for it. This still sticks with me and seems to be a good example of how said friend can be completely oblivious to the feelings she may be hurting.

Last edited:
  • I am Chinese, yet I cannot speak any form of Chinese at all. I'm fourteen. :C
  • My friends at church are more violent, misbehaving and evil than any of my regular school friends.
  • I can write completely crappy essays and have teachers think they're awesome and perfect.
  • I randomly speak Pikachu at school.
  • I am fourteen and 4"11. People sometimes mistake me for a grade 2. T>T
  • I am a bubbletea addict/prophet.
  • I have dandruff :C

Ooh, this place looks fun. Lessee:
-I never revise for anything, ever. Despite this, the lowest I have ever got on any test is a B.
-I was bouncing on a bed at like three years old and fell off and landed knee-first and broke (fractured?) my leg in three places.
-When I was born, the umbilical cord was wrapped around my neck, I wasn't breathing and my heart rate was ~1 per 10 seconds.
-I was born in germany, but moved to Newcastle at the age of one and have a strong Newcastle accent and don't speak a word of german.
-I am half-black (my dad was black, my mum was white) and have blonde hair and blue eyes, which I gather is rather unusual.
-It is really annoying to me to write "Pokemon" without an é.
-I read four webcomics regularly (those being SGR's Bad Machinery, Gunn... Gunk... Gunnkr... Gunnerkrigg Court, El Goonish Shive, and Questionable Content.
-I get very frequent ear infections.
-I am a vegetarian but can't stand several vegetables.
-I haven't eaten a bite of meat in my life, that I know of anyway.
-My joints crack very, very frequently. As in I'll stand up, stretch, cracklecracklepop.
-I hate pets with a passion.
-I'm pretty sure I'm asexual.
-I carry -six- reading books with me at any time within school. Six big hardback books.
-I growl when displeased. Like, instinctively, like a cat or something.
-I am completely deaf in my left ear and have perfect hearing in my right.
-I have never in my memory been into a church. I have a subconscious fear that I'll catch fire or something similar. And no, this is not a sign that I should convert to christianity.
-People often use my liking of Pokémon to mock me.
-I think 'make me a machine' should be a song. It isn't. D:
-This looks almost exactly like me, barring the obvious it's-a drawing-manga-thing and the wobbliness of the hands.

Last edited:
[...] I'd stalk whoever did such a thing and circumcise them with a rusty spork.

What if they were female?

Oh look more stuff about Squornshellous.

-I will -never- join any military. Ever.
-I have a really, really high metabolism. I never tend to excercise, eat quite unhealthily and still people occasionally take me for an anorexic D:
-Real-life social contact makes me highly uncomfortable, but internet-based does not.
-Physical contact sets me right on edge. Someone just has to brush up against me to make me flinch away involuntarily.
-I hate PE. Very, very much.
-I'm club-footed.
-Kekeke Flora-Mike-Shipping.
-My finger got infected and burst. As in tore down its length. It oosed pus that smelt of asparagus. My finger is still deformed, and this was three years ago.
-Mental maths leaves me stumped. I can't do the simplest thing without paper/computer/etc. to do it on.
-OMG LITTLE MONSTER / RYUBANE SHIPPING
-That is both the first and last time I ever write 'OMG'.
-I always write backslashes and frontslashes with a space before and after them.
-Oh look Mini_Moonwalker / Dinru Shipping.
-TCoD-shippings amuse me.

Isn't it though? You know, once a person walked up to me in the street and asked me if I was anorexic. I responded 'no' and he gave me a knowing look and walked away.
In his defense though this was back when I actually did excercise more and so I was considerably thinner.

I remember a few people reacting to me telling them how little I weigh. A couple of people who think they're fat when they're not who now hate me for never putting on weight, and a weightlifter who can pick up about five of me.

My parents don't know what my first word was.

I didn't speak until I was three - my siblings understood what I wanted just by my expression or a gesture, so I didn't need to talk. They could talk for me. But eventually my parents got fed up and sent me to a speech therapist. They weren't in the room when he dealt with me, so they don't know what the first thing I said was.

For some odd reason after though, I called every male person I knew "Bob". Even my Dad :3c

-I have a really, really high metabolism. I never tend to excercise, eat quite unhealthily and still people occasionally take me for an anorexic D:

Oh god this. i usually end up eating my food really quickly (and i eat way too much) and one day one of my friends asked if i was anorexic. I was just like "...i just ate a gigantic plate of chicken fingers and french fries, I'm fairly certain I'm not."

-Kekeke Flora-Mike-Shipping.

one of my real-life friends ships this, it's kinda scary. and my sister does too. (oddly enough the friend has never even looked at this place)

Back
Top Bottom