• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

On Recent Actions Involving the Spriting Board(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.
*after reading last page*

...I agree with Zeta. WTF? Banning Altmer is just as bad a snarking him. >> Really...really. Just...Damn.

Butterfree gave him a chance to calm down, but he plowed ahead anyway. That's why he got banned.

It seems sort of silly to me that he'd throw out his membership on a thread like this, but I don't see why it's wrong to ban him when he was told, "If you don't follow the rules, you're going to get banned." So not following the rules leading to his banning seems reasonable enough to me.

Banning Altmer is just as bad a snarking him. >> Really...really. Just...Damn.
I have no idea how your logic works. How exactly is going 'wait what?' and cracking likely-unfunny jokes the same as banning? Especially given that Altmer was being an asshole?
Wait, is he perma-banned?
For a given value of 'perma'.

Negrek, I'm pretty sure once someone's banned then it doesn't actually go away. Infractions expire; bampersand lasts but nobody does IP bans since they're really inefficient and there's very little against waiting a month and making a new account.

I have no idea how your logic works. How exactly is going 'wait what?' and cracking likely-unfunny jokes the same as banning? Especially given that Altmer was being an asshole?

I misunderstood the ban, I thought he was banned just because he was an asshole. Which is really as bad as being an asshole back, because it doesn't do much besides anger people.

No, he just maxed his infraction counter. The ban expires in October.

Oh, okay. Ouch.

Still, I'm sure Altmer is well aware of how amazingly difficult it is to rejoin and not get noticed after being banned.

DAMMIT ALEXI POSTNINJA RRR
No, it's a perma-ban. Being an asshole is against the rules and he was hit for flaming.

Above all, though, there is zero social reason to try to help new members because the population as a whole does not think new members need helping. The owner isn't around so much any more, either, to give any sort of cultural guidance. There are more clueless pre-teens than not and they all encourage each other in some terrible prepubescent circlejerk. They don't want to make quality threads; they just want to be entertained and don't understand why old memes are a bad thing. They don't want to learn to use real tools; they want to pat each other on the back for their mediocre cookie-cutter results and don't understand why they should strive to do far better. They don't want a deep and interesting debate; they want any answer for the unexplained, just to soothe the mental itch, and don't understand why that shouldn't be good enough. Hell, a lot of the forums themselves don't lend themselves to many threads besides surveys.

Agreed.

I don't have much else to say, but this is what I have been thinking, though you always... explain it perfectly when I can't.

On a sidenote, does anyone here think G8tr should've been banned ages ago? I'm completely serious about this. Also, can we place bets on when Desolater gets banned?

Psh I'm going to ignore the argument...

Sprite armies were being useless, everybody who was defending them. They were just showing off other people's sprites in a thread. Besides, after that came the redundent sprite contests which made it hard to even find a sprite shop, unfortunately. Now that the armies are locked and the contests are either locked or in the Artist's lounge(or both) it's much easier to navagate.

In short:Redundent contests are boring and Sprite armies are annoying;Make them in an album or something.

Hm, well that was interesting. I like how it had nothing to do with sprites... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom