• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

opal's Mysterious Game of Mafia

I have to mention that the only reason I'm abstaining is for fear that Leafpool is an activated alien. Dangit, logic, you did it again.....

I have to mention that the only reason I'm abstaining is for fear that Leafpool is an activated alien. Dangit, logic, you did it again.....

Come on, if I were an activated alien I'd be trying to get people to vote for me! I'M ONLY DOING WHAT I'VE SEEN OTHER PEOPLE DO BEFORE AND IT WORKED FOR THEM OKAY ; ;

I'm in a real dilemma now.

On the one hand, Leafpool seems too eager to expose the healers, marking her as mafia.

On the other hand, Leafpool could be an activated alien trying to get lynched by being suspicious.

On the other other hand, Leafpool could be a genuine innocent, pleading for her life.

On the other other other hand, Leafpool's pleas of innocence are quite pathetic and rather unconvincing, which means she could once again be an activated alien looking for a lynching.

On the other other other other hand, she could be obfuscating stupidity in order to make us think she's an activated alien looking for a lynching so we won't lynch her, meaning she's either mafia or innocent again.

I'm suspicious but I don't want to play into her hands. I'm changing my vote to abstain.

This is what I get for sleeping till 4 again.
Here, nothing to say, would rather not vote for Leafpool because Alien Factor, etc...
Essentially, nothing anyone's said elicits a sense of "THIS PERSON IS MAFIA" from me. But that could be because I'm still waking up.

That said, Leafpool's All-Caps Defensiveness makes me suspicious, but then, it could be an activated alien.

I should mention that a majority for abstain will also trigger an early end to the day.

I'm in a real dilemma now.

On the one hand, Leafpool seems too eager to expose the healers, marking her as mafia.

On the other hand, Leafpool could be an activated alien trying to get lynched by being suspicious.

On the other other hand, Leafpool could be a genuine innocent, pleading for her life.

On the other other other hand, Leafpool's pleas of innocence are quite pathetic and rather unconvincing, which means she could once again be an activated alien looking for a lynching.

On the other other other other hand, she could be obfuscating stupidity in order to make us think she's an activated alien looking for a lynching so we won't lynch her, meaning she's either mafia or innocent again.

I'm suspicious but I don't want to play into her hands. I'm changing my vote to abstain.

Into her five hands?

Because she's an alien. five handed alien.

idk i'm abstaining too.

I think it would be smart for us to abstain, because the mafia knows who they targeted, an if Leafpool's the alien, the mafia will probably kill her.

I think it would be smart for us to abstain, because the mafia knows who they targeted, and if Leafpool's the alien, the mafia will probably kill her.

For all we know, there could be multiple aliens. Not too sure, but just a suggestion.

I'm also changing my vote to abstain. i'm starting to get worried that she's an activated alien, and i don't want to take any chances.

dammit people posting while I was walking a dog. *ahem* I think that Leafpool is kind of a weak lead for right now. Seriously, all the evidence I've seen so far says that she is one of a few things:
-Mafia, and wants to reveal the healers and made a slip of the tongue
-Activated Alien and wants us to kill her
-An innocent who made a slip of the tongue
Until we have more of a lead to go on, I'm going to choose to abstain for now. I'm definitely somewhat suspicious of Leafpool, but until we get more of a lead I'd rather not kill anyone.

how can I convince you guys that I'm not Mafia or an alien ; ;

besides if I were an alien... I seem to have generated a lot of suspicion over my potential alien-ness. Don't you think I'd do a better job hiding it were I an actual alien?

By my count there are seven votes for abstaining. That constitutes a majority.

The townsfolk, having spent all day shouting accusations at each other and trying to work out what that odd shape they kept seeing out of the corner of their eyes was, finally decide that it would be a little over the top to lynch someone because they woke up on the wrong side of bed.

24 hours for night actions.

The sun rose over the beautiful town of Mafialand and its citizens rose with it. Not one remained in bed when the sun's rays first touched the tip of the town square's fountain, causing its waters to refract the light in a mesmerising display of colour. They gathered around it again, ritualistically, rising to the worship of an ancient sun-god.

Slowly, slowly, the perception spread, working its ways into the minds of those assembled; but none wanted to give it voice, not yet, lest it be made real. None wanted to speak lest they be accused of whatever horror had befallen the town.

And the fountains of the water ran and they ran red. At last it was too much, and as the brilliant light of the sun illuminated the scene with a stark, washed-out whiteness one of the townspeople stepped forward and said, 'we are not all here.' And it was as if his words released the others from a trance, and they stepped up; with fear in their postures and false bravado or open curiosity in their eyes-

At the bottom of the fountain, almost obscured through the dark haze of red seeping slowly into the water, head nearly severed from body by the wound that had killed her, lay Leafpool.

Leafpool is dead. She was not mafia. You have 48 hours to discuss, or until a majority is reached.

Only one kill?
Kinda surprising if you ask me.

Or there might have been a healer who healed, or an alien is activated.

Why is "only" one kill surprising? We have no reason to assume that, with there being no deaths yesterday, there are multiple mafia factions, and the odds of a double doctoring are pretty low.

Back
Top Bottom