• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

opal's Mysterious Game of Mafia

But it said that if inspected, activated aliens show up as mafia. Do they show up as innocent when killed?

Yes. The purpose of revealing the alignment of dead players is to let the living players know how many mafia are left (unless roles are hidden, in which case you at least know how many are dead). As such only mafia will show up as mafia.

Well, then it seems safe to say that Leafpool was the alien.

EDIT: Dangit, ninjas. Anyway, back to the lynching. Any nominations?

Why would that have an effect?
*sigh* You're new to mafia, aren't you?

Let's play out a little scenario here. Person A accuses Person B of being mafia. The accusation doesn't go anywhere, and Person B lives through the day. However, Person B actually is mafia. To prevent Person A from accusing them again, Person B chooses to kill Person A.

Replace "Person A" with "Leafpool" and "Person B" with "Barubu" and you get a possible scenario.

Granted, this is never a good move by mafia, because people tend to jump to this conclusion. Sometimes, the mafia does this to frame people. It's a very typical strategy though, and can mean a number of things.

Just out of curiousity, Barubu, have you played mafia before?

Okay, I'm going to gear the conversation away from the mechanics of the game and start throwing ideas out there.

Killing someone who accuses you, if you are mafia, is an immediate idea for a less experienced mafia players. Barubu has just said that this is one of his first times playing. Is it possible that Barubu is mafia?

I'm probably just looking too much into this though. I just think its time we actually start getting a discussion though. I'm not nominating anyone, just putting this idea out there.

...Blaziking, you're being far too rash. Remember that Leafpool was probably an alien; the mafia will always target an alien if they have reason to believe they've been activated.

Barubu's inexperience would make for a nice excuse to hide behind, actually... not that I'm saying you would hide behind it. This is why I prefer anonymous games of Mafia.

We don't really have much of a lead, in fairness. It seems likely that Leafpool was an activated alien and got offed by the mafia, but who's to say that we didn't have a vigilante who wanted to lynch her yesterday but abstained because they didn't want to give any hint to their role, then killed her during the night?

EDIT: And yes, I realise I'm being paranoid but paranoia isn't exactly an alien condition for me.

Well, the day is growing old, and somebody has to get the ball rolling. We've got to get lynching some day, or we'll never manage to actually get the mafia. Barubu and Mawile seem mildly suspicious to me, so rather than just choosing randomly (though I admit that with this little evidence I may as well be) I'm going to say lynch Barubu. Even if he turns out to not be mafia, no offense intended, but it's not exactly like we'd be losing much, assuming he's not some super-critical role (even then, I doubt he could make much use of it, he doesn't seem the brightest bulb in the box...). I'm almost certainly going to regret this, but still.

Why are you all being so rash? We have no leads, really.

I'd like you to explain why you think Mawile is suspicious, Walker. Random lynching is especially common among Mafia members, if you know what I mean.

Why are you all being so rash? We have no leads, really.
We have about 24 hours left to the day. We need to start deciding if we're going to lynch someone or not. And really, you kind of have to be rash in mafia. It's not like someone is just going to step out and blatantly say that they're mafia so...yeah.

I'm going to wait a little while before making my decision on if I'm going to choose to lynch anyone. We do have very little evidence, after all. I'll see what everyone else does first.

I'd like you to explain why you think Mawile is suspicious, Walker. Random lynching is especially common among Mafia members, if you know what I mean.

I'll repeat myself then; she expected two deaths today, which struck me as odd, given that we didn't have a single one yesterday. This could mean that she's a vigilante, so she expected a kill to go along with hers, or she could be a mafia that did not target Leafpool last night, so she was expecting her own kill to go through. Or I could just be reading a little too much into this, I dunno.

What I'm interested in right now is why you'd ask for my reasoning behind Mawile when the one I'm nominating is Barubu.

Well, I'm not mafia (Wow, bet that helped.), but I'm not going to go allcaps on you, because that really didn't seem to work for Leafpool. (By the way, Walker, pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis is a miner's lung disease caused by the inhilation of silicon-quartz dust, so there.). Anyway, If I was Mafia, why would I have been the first to abstain? Which, I believe I will do again. Abstain

Back
Top Bottom