• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Operating Systems

What OS do you use?

• Windows

Votes: 30 68.2%
  • Linux

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Mac

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • UNIX

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Multiple

Votes: 4 9.1%

• Total voters
From what I understand Fedora, Slackware or Debian are superior to Ubuntu. :3 Maybe not as noob-friendly, though.

Re: What OS do you use?

Dual-boot Vista/Ubuntu 8.10 on my laptop, Ubuntu 8.10 on my extra desktop and the family desktop, XP Pro on the spare family desktop and my brother's desktop, OSX 10/XP Pro at school and Fedora 9 for screwing-around purposes on an old, crappy laptop stuffed somewhere in my room.

In other words, more or less everything major.

Last edited:

I have Vista on this computer, but my parents have XP.

Why they made us get the better computer I have no idea.

I use Mac OS X, simply because that's the OS on the laptop my parents got me... I don't really like it or dislike it any more than Windows.

Windows Vista, although the main computer in my house runs Ubuntu. If this operating system wasn't asdfgh locked or something I'd have Ubuntu on it.
Well that and my laptop is the only one that can use the printer.

Mac OS X Leopard

I only use Windows Vista once in a while just to play Sims 2 and Spore. ^^;

Back
Top Bottom