• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Operating Systems

What OS do you use?

• Windows

Votes: 30 68.2%
  • Linux

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Mac

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • UNIX

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Multiple

Votes: 4 9.1%

• Total voters
I use Vista. I don't get why people say it's all horrible and buggy and crashy, cause it's not. I rather dislike XP for no apparent reason other than that I've only ever used it on stupid 800X600 resolution.

I don't mind Mac, other than the fact that I'm so used to Windows that I can't figure out any of the shortcuts, and when I go back and forth between my home (windows) and my school (mac) I'm constantly thinking Apple+V instead of Ctrl+V or vice versa.

Never used Linux, so I can't say much about that.

You're right, I should, I might end up loving it. You never know. Unless your talking about vomit. Then you can be pretty sure.

I'm sorry. I was unaware that bad humor was restricted on this site. I just meant that I was wrong and shouldn't judge a certain OS by it's cover, and tried to add some bad humor to liven this thread up, because it seems to be becoming VERY hostile.

See, Hostility. Vladmir Putin's LJ, wherever I seem to go in the coughing cupboard and Debating Hall, you always seem to want to COMPLETELY put down whatever I say. I MUST know why this is.

Also, how is that quote a counterpoint?

Hey people! How about we talk about operating systems!

Microsoft Office creates stupidly huge files even before you consider all of the other issues with it.

Anything that considers its bugs to be 'features' needs to go die. (hi, Excel)

Well, Powerpoint and Publisher make ~300-700 KB files, but since when does that even put a scratch on a hard drive?
And what bugs are you talking about? I've never experienced bugs in Microsoft Office, ever.

Excel uses the Julian calendar instead of Gregorian because they can't be assed to fix a bug with leap years, so they declared it a feature.

There're other things -- it declares anything vaguely resembling a date/time field 'date/time' without prompting, which means that if you have something even slightly looking like it could be a date, you get to have happy fun losing-your-data time just because Excel is retarded -- but I don't really want to get into that.

Back
Top Bottom