• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Operating Systems

What OS do you use?

• Windows

Votes: 30 68.2%
  • Linux

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Mac

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • UNIX

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Multiple

Votes: 4 9.1%

• Total voters
Thread merge, thread merge~~

Ubuntu~ I can't really see how I managed to use Windows XP for so long, actually!

I thought this thread must already have been around somewhere...

Anyway, @Tailsy. Why won't the printer work on your Ubuntu computer? Do you have some sort of really... obscure printer or something, because Ubuntu has drivers for most of them if that's your problem.

I now use Windows 7 as my main operating system. It's a lot more stable than Vista. However, it expires in August... So, I'll need a replacement soon.

I tried out Ubantoo, and while it was kinda OK, the notifications in GNOME were annoying, and games didn't perform as well as in Windows 7. I'm looking to use another linux operating system, maybe Arch if it's easy enough to learn (inb4 SPINNAN CUBES)

Last edited:
I thought this thread must already have been around somewhere...

Anyway, @Tailsy. Why won't the printer work on your Ubuntu computer? Do you have some sort of really... obscure printer or something, because Ubuntu has drivers for most of them if that's your problem.

Because it shits itself and chews up paper when I try to print things. :S

TI-89 Titanium Advanced Mathematics Software 3.10

o23gx.png

Does pretty much anything my huge bloated XP machine can do, but is so much smaller.

It plays better games. Like Tetris.

No, I'm not kidding. I love Tetris.

Edit: My desktop probably can't play Crysis either. Doesn't matter, since I'll only get a game-worthy machine once Duke Nukem Forever comes out.

Once DNF comes out, there will be calculators capable of playing Crysis.

Of course, the only reason the 89 model is considered a calculator is because it looks like one. The 92 model, which is equivalent functionally, is not since it has a QWERTY keyboard (thereby banning from the SAT and Advanced Placement tests, which don't allow handheld computers). It can probably even run Linux (and there was a prototype that actually was based off Linux. With a stylus!)

And to make a graph that looks like an inequality, you can set each equation in the "y=" screen to be shaded below or above. Kinda looks like an inequality, then.

Last edited:
XP at the moment. A friend is gonna teach me how to use Linux and such in the near future, and I'll probably end up liking that better.

Last edited:
Windows 98 on grandma pc, 2000 on other pc, xp at university.

I plan to buy a laptop that uses Ubuntu though.

Microsoft XP 2002 edition on my own laptop, I forget what kind of system is on my families computer.

I want XP like hell. D= Even though I'm told 2000 is better performance-wise or something.

Is this true? *knows very little about computers in reality*

Why don't you use Ubuntu? :| it's not that hard and it's better than windows

also it's free

Back
Top Bottom