• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Operation Aspirin

Qua stepped up first.

"I'm Qua," he said loudly, "former elite agent of.... who was it again? Oh, well. That doesn't matter anymore. I'm pleased to meet you."

Aria called out next. "My name is Aria. My parents called me Midnight, but the Murkrow I used to live with kept calling me Aria, so I changed my name."

Aeru licked her muzzle nervously. "I'm Aeru." was all she said, sitting down. There was no need to babble about her pack, or explain why they were gone. It would be best just to forget them for now. Thinking about it would just keep her from fighting here...

"Call me Vemx," Vemx said, taking a moment to sit down. Not wanting to go into any of the details of his life, he did not say anything else.

Shadowflare walked over. "Sorry I'm late!"

((Too lazy to put anything else! Besides, it's 6:00 in the morning!))

"I'm Valegon..." Valegon said, as the others seemed to introduce themselves. "Nothing more to say than welcome to you newcomers." He sat down and started to lick his right paw.

Russ decided that these pokemon would be his best chance to end the tyrany of the psychic types and make up for what happened before.

He stepped out of the bushes and stood just behing the group, and waited to see if he was seen.

Maraxus glanced at each of the other Pokemon in turn, and decided that now was one of the few times he should speak. "Maraxus." He hissed in a raspy voice, gesturing to himself with his thumb. In truth, that was his regualr voice, and that was as friendly as he could force himself to sound.

"Name's Serena!" Serena wondered if she should tell why she was there and not with a pack like a usual Mightyena. Except for the reason that she wanted to meet Jiro, of course. Nah. I'll just keep this sharp-fanged mouth shut. She sat quietly, wagging her tail around, as well as thumping it on the ground.

"It's OK. Better late than never, especially in this business.", Jiro replied to the black Ninetales... Ninetales? Strange. She didn't seem affected by this mess. Jiro wasn't a dark type either, yet, but that evolutionary line just didn't seem to have anything to do with darkness... He would bring it up later. Or something. Maybe she was just special. He continued, "Well, that's everyone who bothered to show, at least. I think. Anyway, um, our task today." He lept down from the branch and hopped over to another tree, with a crude map of Goldenrod and the area north to the National Park. He couldn't point to the map, so he tried his best to describe things. Everyone probably knew where things were, in any case. "OK, we think the radio tower here in Goldenrod is being used to broadcast waves that will, of course, render folks within the city, and a good area around it, under the psychics' mental control. Of course, we're here to disable it. That should be easy, except that we're going to have to fight an awful lot of... everything, really. Getting out of here isn't even going to be easy, I don't think. Also, while we're in Goldenrod, we should take out the train station. However, I've been told that we need to be able to easily fix it in case we need to get somewhere else in a hurry. Um, I think that's it. Any questions?", he briefed.

Last edited:
Serena heard the Honkrow's comment. "Thanks! And the plan sounds good. I'm ready to do this and get it done!" Serena's entergeticness took over, although she was confused about one thing: the Ninetales. Weird. She's not a Dark-type. But she still seems cool and friendly. That's all I care about.

Aeru bowed her head, fighting back the urge to speak out about the Pupitar's obvious nervousness. His hesitation, the way he wasn't certain they would agree with him, let alone obey. This was the leader she was pledging her life to? "I have no questions. I will fight for you." the Houndoom said quietly. Well, that she would fight for him was obvious, but why, oh why had she ran here? This was no place for her. Completely disorganized, with an untried leader! It was a recipe of disaster in her eyes.

Qua nodded. "Understood. If Nidoking was part Dark, we would have an advantage. If we made it mad it would destroy anything. But we don't so forget it." He tilted his head a bit, thinking. "We could temporarily block off the train, so we can still go somewhere in a hurry. But would it fit someone as big as me?"

"I sense some of you are looking confused at me. Well, have you noticed I'm black? My mother mated with a black Pokemon. Which one, I'm not sure, as he died the moment I was born. The black Pokemon was Dark-type, and I was an accidental born. I was born part Dark-type."

"Why don't we just break the antenna?" Aria suggested. "Then, while they're distracted, go in and KO all the Psychics?"

"I suppose so. However, there are most likely enough psychics running around that they would assert control of powerful Pokemon. It's quite dangerous no matter what, Aria. Qua, all I can say is duck, I don't think it'll really fit someone such as yourself, or for that matter, myself, easily, but I'm sure we can do something. It's more for others to ride here to help us. I hope.", he responded. Actually, he had heard little from Kanto, much less Saffron. He continued, "As far as keeping the train from doing places, we could just throw together some debris and such. And thank you for clarifying, um, Shadowflare, yes?" He looked around, then finished, "Well, we won't go now. We will set out at nightfall. I'm sure nobody will disagree with this? If so, dismissed. Leaving these woods maybe a bad idea, so don't get lost. That's all."

"I do not disagree," said Qua. He was excited because he sounded official or something." He bowed his head as Jiro finished talking. "If anyone knows moves such as Rock Slide, like me or Jiro, feel free to use them to block off the train. Or, if Jiro says so." He closed his eyes, as if falling asleep.

They can't be that blind, can they? asked Russ, confued that at the very least the leader - who had direct line of sight - hadn't mentioned the fact that some random pokemon -even a dark type - had just joined their group without a word.

Maraxus, upon the word 'dismissed', nodded and headed off into the shade of the trees. Altough he doesn't have much confidence, Jiro has the skills to lead us, in my opinion. Although the plan could have been better thought out... Sitting down, he once again entered one of his trance-like states.

Back
Top Bottom