• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pet Peeves

Although "hate" is a strong word:
- People who have their characters "talk" in their sig or posts, often in conjunction with the above points.
oh, YES

- people who think all music in a genre sounds the same
- people who hate vague genres (metal, jazz, rock, electronic, etc.)
But... but... country!

-anyone who doesn't actually consider multiple sides of an argument
yes

People who turn their music up too loud.
sorry, no

-boys that wear tight pants (ewwww!)
wut

-people who do drugs/smoke/drink underage
also "wut", what makes you care?

some of mine:
- gay as a synonym for stupid, as in "dude, that's so gay"
- white people who think the word black when describing an "African-American" is offensive, and that if you call an "African-American" black, then you might as well have called them the n-word
- teachers/authority figures who refuse to explain their reasoning, and just go "I'M THE BOSS, STFU"
- people who think that atheists are just in denial, I know this is a very small percentage of the population but it makes me want to RAGE
- people who think using their emotions
- people who laugh at their own jokes (or well, before anyone else does)
- people who are easily offended, this is a big one
- when you're on IM and the person you're chatting to says nothing but "lol" and "sup"
- adoptables
- sprite comics that all of the jokes amount to "LOOK HOW WEIRD THE CAST IS EXCEPT FOR ONE DUDE WHO SAYS 'WHY ME' A LOT"

-American children between the ages of 10 and 12

- people who are younger than 14yo being on this forum

;-; Am I really that awful?

-People who use incorrect grammar. Even typos just put me in a bad mood, although I ususally let them slide. People who do it on purpose or do it excessively make me want to hit something though. Oh, and hard-to-spell words can slide too

Another one.

- My ability to type the word 'because'
I know how it's spelled, it's just when I type it my hands always move too fast and I type 'becuase'. Thank goodness for spell checker.

- People who just. Don't. Get it. No matter how much you explain.
Oh then, you wouldn't like me. XD I. Can. Never. Get it. It takes like six times explaining for me to understand what's going on. My brain works really slow and it just takes me time to work things out.

Here's a few more:

- People who can never be satisfied, no matter what you do. They just bitch about everything and it all pisses them off. These type of people don't appreciate anything you do and always have something to complain about/criticize.

- People who bully or mock others. I really, really, really hate this.

-Stupiditiy
-Hannah Montanna
-Jonas Brothers
-Annoying people
-Whining
-Hannah Montanna
-People who freak out over Hannah Montanna
-Hannah Montanna

Obviously, I really don't like Hannah Montanna, and typing her name 5 times didn't help. And the Jonas Bros. Urk.

Oh, I have two more:

- The phrase "it's called sarcasm", used after someone fails to pick up a joke. Everyone who uses this retort honestly thinks they're Mister Clever McCleverson, but it just makes them seem elitist and stupid. Besides, 99% of the time this gets used on me, I was being sarcastic too and it was the other person (not me) that failed to pick up on it. :0

This is a big one, so get ready:

- The phrase "vertically challenged". Next time, I hear someone say "I'm/you're not short! I'm/you're just vertically challenged!" and then grin like they expect everyone in the immediate vicinity to burst out in uncontrollable laughter at their fresh wit, is going to be fucking shot. This joke was possibly funny the first time it was ever told. It was probably worth a chuckle. But I swear. I hear this little line at least one a month, if not once every two fucking weeks. GUYS. If when you feel like cracking a joke, you need to resort to a joke that gets used that friggin' often, congratulations. You fail at being funny.

Last edited:
Oh, Zeta made me think of another one.

People who think an "elitist" is someone who thinks they're better than everyone else. This isn't what the definition of the fucking word is >_< As Negrek once said, the word you're probably looking for is "snobbery."

-Everything Disney (except Pixar)
-People who use chatspeak or say "u" and "r" istead of typing "you" and "are". I mean, damn, you have a keyboard. This isn't a cell phone.
-The sound that rubbing balls of kleenex makes (I know)
-Close minded people
-People who are offended by everything
-People who try to act "cool"
-People who dislike me because I like video games/ don't buy designer clothes.
-Fucking jeans. If we were a truly progressive society, we'd all be wearing sweatpants right now. They're so much more comfy and let you move around and actually let you use your pockets.

People who think being "evil" or "insane" is cool.
Misuse of "like" and "totally".
"Gay" as an insult.
Drinking underage
Smoking
Using smileys in EVERYSINGLEGODDAMNPOST.
Ppl who tiep lyk dis
Me using the word "well" too much.
Artists that are all "OH ALL MY ART SUCKS IT'S SO UGLY" to the EXTREME
HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL. Haaaaaaate it.
Stereotypes.
Celebrity gossip magazines.

Last edited:
- white people who think the word black when describing an "African-American" is offensive, and that if you call an "African-American" black, then you might as well have called them the n-word
Overzealous political correctness in general pisses me off.

Last edited:
- The phrase "vertically challenged". Next time, I hear someone say "I'm/you're not short! I'm/you're just vertically challenged!" and then grin like they expect everyone in the immediate vicinity to burst out in uncontrollable laughter at their fresh wit, is going to be fucking shot. This joke was possibly funny the first time it was ever told. It was probably worth a chuckle. But I swear[/i. I hear this little line at least one a month, if not once every two fucking weeks. GUYS. If when you feel like cracking a joke, you need to resort to a joke that gets used that friggin' often, congratulations. You fail at being funny.

I enjoy a lower centre of gravity :D

I'm an elitist and everyone loves me. *broad smile*

Oh yeah, my pet peeve is Drifloon Rocks.

People who hate me for no reason. I don't get why people will dislike me, but have no reason to back it up with. They'll just say I'm 'annoying' and that's reason enough to hate me.

Back
Top Bottom