• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Pokemon Racing

Ziggio darted straight ahead. How was he going to cross a river? The others looked like they could leap far, and the latios would have no sweat if he just flew. Exhausted, he stumbled in front of Purify...

((Make an Exploud say no fainting other competitors. Otherwise it isn't fair.))
A creek caught Sandra's eye. She slowed down slightly, gaining energy for a long jump that would let her get ahead of the others.

Suicune saw a Mightyena and Zigzagoon pass her. She saw the river and dashed across it, instead of crossing the bridge. Her paws soaked up water, somehow, and that relieved her thirst. Once she crossed the river, she ran back to the track, the Mightyena most likely on her tail. If she looked, she'd go slower. "No fainting other competitors, or you are disqualified!" boomed an Exploud.

(Thought you might point that out. Eh, it's still in Timora's personality to want to do that.)

Upon hearing the Exploud shout the rule about KOing other competitors, Timora sighed. The days where she was queen of the pack were much simpler. But that didn't mean she couldn't win. No, she would just have to be more inventive. She began buzzing in tiny circles, plotting. The next race was hers, and she intended to win. At all costs.

I knew it, he thought, getting up. There was a bridge? He thought he'd have to leap over the river. That could be impossible for some others too, I guess. Ziggio sighed and ran over the bridge.

Aero was gliding across the river with the simplest of ease. He closed his eyes, and started humming a song. All of a sudden, a Magikarp jumped up in front of him, and he was startled. "AHHHHH! GET THE HECK OFF ME!" he yelled. Rampant, he flew everywhere, twisting and turning. He now was panicking, but quickly made a plan to use Dive to get down underwater, and slap the Magikarp down.

Last edited:
Ziggio looked behind him for a second. A gardevoir was behind him. He quickly glanced away. At least I know that I'm not last. The zigzagoon speeded up, trying to catch up with the suicune.

As Aero dived down, he finally got the Magikarp off his face. As he Surfed right back up, he could see that a few people passed him. "Dang it..." he grunted. Water throughout his body, he continued to try and catch up to the leaders, water flying off his body as he was going extremely fast. He glistened and glowed, but had a bit of drag.

((Mewtwo, this isn't your RP. The Exploud can stay, but there is no bridge across the river and it's easy enough to cross with a small jump. This is a warning. Let's rewind time back to BEFORE we crossed the river, for those of you who already have.))

Starlight looked at the river ahead. There were trees scattered around, as this was a forest, but more so on the edges of the track. He noticed that the riverbanks sloped down so it looked as if the creek had eroded its path. He shrugged and jumped over it, landing safely on the other side.

He looked back. The others were still behind. He chuckled to himself before slowing his pace to avoid tiring himself out.

((Instead of reposting the things we did when crossing the river or doing something else, can we just post a short summary, like the following?))
Aero got slapped by the Magikarp while starting to ease up while crossing the lake. He made a plan to Dive down and get rid of the Magikarp there.

Last edited:
((Thanks.))
Aero dived down and slapped the Magikarp on the bottom. He came up and glistened and glowed from the water, but was behind. He tried to work to catch up.

Ziggio stood up. There was the river. It wasn't as wide as he imagined. Good. He sighed and leapt over it, but slipped over the mud. He quickly scurried out and stopped to shake the mud off him.

Sandra gathered energy in her legs, and leaped. With ease, she cleared the river, landing in front of a few other Pokémon, including one who had slipped. Now she was neck and neck with an odd Mightyena.

Ziggio quickly shook off the rest of the mud and continued to run. There was no time to groom himself right now. He started chasing after Sandra.

(Btw, gtg now.)

Aero finally made it across the river, being just barely behind a Suicune. Must... PASS! he said with determination. However, he was slowing down. "Darn it," he said. "Well, gotta pace myself now..."

Last edited:
((It's a river, not a lake. There is no lake. Don't change the landscape. If you need to, reread the rules.))

Back
Top Bottom