• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Pokemon Racing

"I wonder if I can use attacks?" Mia mused to herself.

She used return to get a little bit ahead.

Sandra noticed a Gardevoir get a litte ahead of her. Using emotion to gain energy... Sandra thought, That's a good strategy. However, she didn't bother to summon emotion herself. It was a last resort, and needed about 24 hours' recharge time, so she would save it for the end.

((I thought someone said to post what the Exploud said! Baww, I can't tell your avvies apart, Cryptica and Darksong!))

Purification leaped with ease over the river. She stayed low to it, grabbing a drink as she flew on over. ((Not literally, it just looks like it!)) She pretended she was racing her brothers and sisters back home. They always beat her. They wouldn't this time...

Fucking ninjas, why must you take advantage of these long road trips >:(

Squiggles had snatched a couple of pancakes and gulped them down, since the Eon Pokemon had ignored him. They seemed to not notice.
Now she was zooming along somewhere near a Suicune, as the track had been fairly straight so far. She saw a Gardevoir zooming ahead. A nice idea, using attacks to speed up.
She decided to use Extremespeed.

(Zigzagoon can learn it from Box :3)

((That's okay, Mewtwo! :) Cryptica said it's fine too. And I'll change my avatar, don't worry.))
Sandra took a jump, leaping ahead. She then continued her pace, eyes fixed on the track ahead.

Purification saw other Pokemon trying to get ahead of her. Not this time! she thought as emotions pushed her on. Now she was hungry, thirsty, and tired. She had scraped her paw. But she didn't even slow down.

Starlight groaned as others passed him, but he kept his pace nonetheless. The others would get tired and slow down, and he would still be going strong.

But not yet. He didn't worry about it for now.

Aero tried to think of a strategy. If I keep using Luster Purge, I could keep charging forward... But it would take some energy. Awww, what the heck. I'll try it. Aero kept Luster Purging forward, and moved past Purification, but was quickly getting tired.

Purification saw someone pass her. She used her ribbons to use the trees as a burst of speed.

Ziggio was catching up with Purify. But when he was close enough, he was too close to the ribbons and was whipped, slinging him back. "Ow..."

Squiggles grinned as she started catching up to Sandra (forgot her species), feeling excited. She would win this race after all!

Aero started slowing down. "Darn it... gotta keep a slow pace now," he grumbled as he fell behind the Suicune.

Sandra could hear something approaching. By its footsteps, she could tell that it was a Linoone. Ouch, those things were fast. She turned right, then left again. When is there going to be a turn in this thing?

As if on cue, there was a turn and then a hill downward into an area surrounded by fifteen-foot cliffs.

"It's a resting spot," noted Starlight. "We've completed the first quarter of this section of the race."

Time must have passed fast. The sun was halfway between the top of the sky and the horizon. Did the race really take that long?

The gates to the next part of the race were closed. Starlight charged down the hill.

Purification, with expert grace, turned the turn. She jumped when she reached the hill so that she seemed to be flying downhill. She got in front of everyone else. Almost there...

Sandra did a large leap, and began speeding down the hill. How long do we rest? she wondered. Until the gates open? Slowly, she was gaining speed, until finally, she reached the bottom, and skidded to a stop just before slamming into the gates. Her feet hurt, and she realized how tired she was. She sat down, waiting to figure out what to do next.

Squiggles attempted to turn, but found herself unable to. Her mind only went forward and back; left and right were complete emptiness.
She shot off the racetrack.

Back
Top Bottom