• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Registration Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Registration Office

(Garia) Ralts <F> (Synchronize)

Link

I see a species there what are you referrign to?

Be more patient; no Sig Attribute approvers have posted here yet, and it's a rather small list. When one of them does post, they'll probably look at it. It's still on this page (in my postveiw, anyway) so posting asking for looks will just take up space.

(Garia) Ralts <F> (Synchronize)

Link

I see a species there what are you referrign to?

Approved.

Buying extremely late christmas presents. Yeah, I know I suck.

Hippopotas
[One hippopotimus] Hippopotas (M)
<Sand Stream>

Hippopotas
[Two hippopotimus] Hippopotas (M)
<Sand Stream>

Hippopotas
[Three hippopotimus] Hippopotas (M)
<Sand Stream>

Link.

Last edited:

Where I got him

Swinub%28P%29Sprite.png

~Coat the Swinub~

Signature Attribute: Static Fur

Coat is a Swinub that comes from very far, farther than the mere Snowpoint city. Coat was given birth close to the south pole for what is known. In fact, the poor creature was found nearly dying of hunger when a lone group of searchers actually looking for Articuno. Coat was the last survivor of his once proud and strong herd. Generations of his race had seen the light of the sun since the first few members of the group had crossed the Ice Bridge millenniums ago. But now that new predators are walking on the land that was once dominated by massive mastodons, the Great Swine Line of the Pole has seen his population decrease as the years passed. Intimidating white bears killed their their progeny before they were able to grow mature and swift weasels stole their eggs. At first the most imposing Mamoswines of the herd could defend it, but as the years passed fewer and fewer members achieved that stage, and the defense was getting weaker. When Coat saw the light, he was the twelfth Swine of the herd. Only a couple of weeks after his birth, the herd was attacked by a group of Bears that the seven remaining Piloswines couldn't stand against. Coat's family was mercilessly killed by the predators. Only Coat found the time to bury in the snow to avoid the same fate.

The important fact to know is that the Great Swines of the Pole had developed a special attribute exclusive to their line when centuries ago The Great Birds flew over the continent. The herd's defense technique (Stronger members around to protect the Swinubs that stay in the center of the circle) was only useful against grounded foes, the the little pigs/swines/whatever had to find a way to discourage the aerial foes.

The Wise Pilo (a very old and wise Piloswine and direct ancestor of Coat) found the way when he noticed the light that sparked from the Swinubs' fur when they rubbed against each other for a bit of heat. The static electricity resulting of the friction was enough to drive back the birds, and that technique soon became a staple in the young's education.

After generations of practice, the manipulation of weak electricity was in the herd's gens. Coat is also able to use that energy to defend (or attack) against foes. However, since the manipulation of electricity is not as natural as for electric pokémon, Coat can't really control the energy and hurt himself when the charge releases.

Effect: Whenever a Pokémon makes contact with Coat (Regardless of who attacks, which means that Coat using Tackle will have a chance to paralyze the opponent), it has a 25% chance of being paralyzed. However, whenever a Pokémon is paralyzed by Coat this way, the discharge will cause Coat to lose 5% Health and 5% Energy. Additionally, the paralysis rate can't be stacked, which means that Coat using Body Slam, for example, will have a 30% chance of paralyzing the opponent, and the effect will cause no discharge and thus will not damage Coat.

303.png

~Snow the Mawile~

Signature attribute: Magma Heart

Snow, unlike most other Mawile that use to live in cool caves deep in the ground, was born on the Edge of the ever-hot Stark Mountain. Her tribe used to live there for many years before any other Pokémon came. However, when numerous herds of Camerupts and Rhydons migrated to Stark Mountain, Snow's tribe had no choice but to become a warrior tribe to defend themselves against the increasing number of foes and to be able to compete for food.

Resulting of the years spent to fight the heat of Stark Mountain, Snow's skin became immune to ever-lasting burns. However, she is still weak to scorching flames and even more sensible to frost than other normal Mawiles. Also, the heat of fire may awaken in Snow's blood the old warrior spirit to help her fight against her enemies.

Effect: Whenever Snow is hit by any Fire-typed move, her Attack Stat has a 10% chance of raising one stage and her Special Attack Stat has a 10% chance of raising one stage (in a single equation). Snow is also immune to any type of Burn. However, if Snow is hit by any Ice-typed move, her Attack Stat has a 10% of falling one stage. Moreover, every move that may inflict a freeze has an additional 10% chance of inflicting a freeze.

Both approved.

ANYWAY I need more Pokémon with crazy sig moves apparently.

[Soda Popinski] Mankey (M) <Anger Point>
Signature Move: Za Moyo Zdorovye!

Soda Popinski drinks to prepare for a fight. Tonight, he is very prepared. However his drink of choice is just simple, non-alcoholic soda. Honest. When he's feeling a little drained in battle, he can pull out a bottle of the liquid and top himself up, if he doesn't mind the odd side-effects it seems to have. Must be the sugar or something. But woe betide anyone who dares interfere with his little binge, because he certainly won't take kindly to it.

Type: Normal / Target: Self / Energy: varies

Effects: Soda Popinski pulls a bottle of soda from hammerspace, waves it at his opponent and chugs it greedily, recovering up to 25% health in the process. After about two actions, when the fluid hits his system, he will begin to suffer from mild confusion. If his opponent attacks him while he's holding the bottle (i.e. attacks before him on the action in which he uses Za Moyo Zdorovye!) and deals at least 1% damage, the bottle will be knocked out of his hands and smashed on the ground. He will then fly into a rage, activating his Anger Point ability if it is not already activated, or using a random offensive Fighting-type move from his movepool if it is.

This signature move's energy cost is 0.5x the total health recovered, rounded up. If the bottle is smashed and Anger Point isn't activated, it will cost 2 energy for each level of Attack that is gained. If the bottle is smashed and Anger Point is activated already, it will cost 2 energy plus whatever the random attack would ordinarily cost.

Finally, Soda Popinski can only take up to three bottles of soda with him to any one battle.

Usage Gap: 3 rounds.

bank

Last edited:

Time for a signature move for Ramses, my Shroomish.

Move name: Barbaric Rage

Ramses becomes furious, raising all of his stats to their peak potential. It takes 10% of Ramses' energy to initiate this rage, and 50% of his energy is drained due to fatigue, regardless of remaining health. However, due to his increased speed, damaging Ramses becomes more difficult. (Moves like Aerial Ace and Shock Wave still always strike) While it is his greatest technique, Ramses can only perform this move once per battle, whether he has healed or not. Having been the hunted by Tailow and other pokemon of the sort, he had to learn how to hold his own somehow. Being a particularly angry and vengeful Shroomish anyway, Ramses would never back down from a fight. After a year and a half of intense training, and learning to control his rage, Ramses managed to get to a point where his madness helps him. Also, to enter this rage, Ramses must first be hit by an attack that is super-effective towards him.

Normal Type/ Status/ 0% Damage/ 100% Accuracy/ Target: Self/ Energy: 10% initially; 50% afterward/ Duration: 5 rounds

effects: All of Ramses' stats are increased by six stages, and evasion is increased by two stages. After five rounds, an additional 50% of his Hp is drained.

Usage Gap: once per match

that should be good... but I guess it is up to Kratos or Negrek, isn't it?

Last edited:

Buying extremely late christmas presents. Yeah, I know I suck.

Hippopotas
[One hippopotimus] Hippopotas (M)
<Sand Stream>

Hippopotas
[Two hippopotimus] Hippopotas (M)
<Sand Stream>

Hippopotas
[Three hippopotimus] Hippopotas (M)
<Sand Stream>

Link.

The second link is broken, but That just may be me?

Dunno If I have to post for Color mods, but hey. I do it.

303.png
----->
65b518695e6a8922a7b94b4f24fab37a.png

You don't have to post here for merely cosmetic changes like shininess, different colours, or nicknames.

[Pet] shuppet (M)
Ability: Frisk
Signature Move: Needle Toss

Being a member of the shuppet line, Pet likes to stick needles into his body to enhance his energy. Through endless practice on trees while isolated from the rest of his colony, he has honed his powers to the point where he is able to control these needles containing his energy and hurl them at his opponent to damage them. Due to it containing his life force, this takes away 3% energy from Pet. Due to Pet's life force being stored in the needles, each one does 1.5x the damage taken from Pet. Pet has 5 needles and each one has a 10% miss chance. The needles are thin and will automatically fall out of the pokemon's body, where they cannot be used until the next round.

Ghost-type / Special / 1.5x energy taken from Pet / 90% per needle / All opponents / Does damage each time a needle hits
Drains 3% of energy from Pet
Once per round

bank

Since the 3% energy cost isn’t variable, it would be easier to just have a base damage for the attack, since “1.5x energy taken from Pet” will always be the same. Also, I think you may be mixing up ‘damage’ and ‘energy’ in the description.

I’m a little uncertain about the mechanics of this. Does Pet fire all five needles in the same action, or only one? Does he need to retrieve the needles after using them in order to use this attack again? Also, how does this attack target all opponents?

ANYWAY I need more Pokémon with crazy sig moves apparently.

[Soda Popinski] Mankey (M) <Anger Point>
Signature Move: Za Moyo Zdorovye!

Soda Popinski drinks to prepare for a fight. Tonight, he is very prepared. However his drink of choice is just simple, non-alcoholic soda. Honest. When he's feeling a little drained in battle, he can pull out a bottle of the liquid and top himself up, if he doesn't mind the odd side-effects it seems to have. Must be the sugar or something. But woe betide anyone who dares interfere with his little binge, because he certainly won't take kindly to it.

Type: Normal / Target: Self / Energy: varies

Effects: Soda Popinski pulls a bottle of soda from hammerspace, waves it at his opponent and chugs it greedily, recovering up to 25% health in the process. After about two actions, when the fluid hits his system, he will begin to suffer from mild confusion. If his opponent attacks him while he's holding the bottle (i.e. attacks before him on the action in which he uses Za Moyo Zdorovye!) and deals at least 1% damage, the bottle will be knocked out of his hands and smashed on the ground. He will then fly into a rage, activating his Anger Point ability if it is not already activated, or using a random offensive Fighting-type move from his movepool if it is.

This signature move's energy cost is 0.5x the total health recovered, rounded up. If the bottle is smashed and Anger Point isn't activated, it will cost 2 energy for each level of Attack that is gained. If the bottle is smashed and Anger Point is activated already, it will cost 2 energy plus whatever the random attack would ordinarily cost.

Finally, Soda Popinski can only take up to three bottles of soda with him to any one battle.

Usage Gap: 3 rounds.

bank

Oh god the NES flashbacks! Pokemon and move approved.

Ramses becomes furious, raising all of his stats to their peak potential. It takes 10% of Ramses' energy to initiate this rage, and 50% of his energy is drained due to fatigue, regardless of remaining health. However, due to his increased speed, damaging Ramses becomes more difficult. (Moves like Aerial Ace and Shock Wave still always strike) While it is his greatest technique, Ramses can only perform this move once per battle, whether he has healed or not. Having been the hunted by Tailow and other pokemon of the sort, he had to learn how to hold his own somehow. Being a particularly angry and vengeful Shroomish anyway, Ramses would never back down from a fight. After a year and a half of intense training, and learning to control his rage, Ramses managed to get to a point where his madness helps him. Also, to enter this rage, Ramses must first be hit by an attack that is super-effective towards him.

Normal Type/ Status/ 0% Damage/ 100% Accuracy/ Target: Self/ Energy: 10% initially; 50% afterward/ Duration: 5 rounds

effects: All of Ramses' stats are increased by six stages, and evasion is increased by two stages. After five rounds, an additional 50% of his Hp is drained.

Yeah, totally up to Kratos or Negrek. *sob*

When you say that Ramses must be hit by a super-effective attack, do you mean that he can only use this move immediately following such an attack, or that he merely has to have suffered a super-effective attack at some point earlier in the battle?

Five rounds is a bit much for an unevolved shroomish - shorten the duration to five actions.

Also, in Effects you have “Hp” instead of “Energy”.

As well as what Chiropter said, about the first four sentences of the description want to be under Effects.

The move also has essentially no description and absolutely no justification.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom