• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Registration Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Registration Office

Oh noes I forgot to take this out of the Black Market thank you Superbird

sprite.php
Male
[Roots]

An Icicle Plate and a Shiny Stone.

(And I totally don't know if I'm supposed to link to where they were gifted to me or where the people who bought them bought them, so if the latter: A and B.)

And EDIT because Negrek approved Pokemon below but not items so I guess items don't need to get approved or else maybe an item approver just hasn't come through yet?: A Rare Candy.

Last edited:

An Icicle Plate and a Shiny Stone.

(And I totally don't know if I'm supposed to link to where they were gifted to me or where the people who bought them bought them, so if the latter: A and B.)

And EDIT because Negrek approved Pokemon below but not items so I guess items don't need to get approved or else maybe an item approver just hasn't come through yet?: A Rare Candy.

Items don't need to be approved. The only items you need to put through the PRO are the ones you're buying here.

Yeah, totally up to Kratos or Negrek. *sob*

When you say that Ramses must be hit by a super-effective attack, do you mean that he can only use this move immediately following such an attack, or that he merely has to have suffered a super-effective attack at some point earlier in the battle?

Five rounds is a bit much for an unevolved shroomish - shorten the duration to five actions.

Also, in Effects you have “Hp” instead of “Energy”.

I'm sorry! (Those are usually the people I see approving things. But, I'm not that observant.)

Yes, Ramses must be hit by a super-effective move in the previous round- otherwise this wouldn't make a bunch of sense.

I can live with that, and fixed!

Let's try this again, Ramses.

Move name: Barbaric Rage

Ramses becomes furious, raising all of his stats to their peak potential. It takes 10% of Ramses' energy to initiate this rage, and 50% of his energy is drained due to fatigue, regardless of remaining energy level. However, due to his increased speed, damaging Ramses becomes more difficult. (Moves like Aerial Ace and Shock Wave still always strike) While it is his greatest technique, Ramses can only perform this move once per battle, whether he has healed or not. Having been the hunted by Tailow and other pokemon of the sort, he had to learn how to hold his own somehow. Being a particularly angry and vengeful Shroomish anyway, Ramses would never back down from a fight. After a year and a half of intense training, and learning to control his rage, Ramses managed to get to a point where his madness helps him. Also, to enter this rage, Ramses must first be hit by an attack that is super-effective towards him.

Normal Type/ Status/ 0% Damage/ 100% Accuracy/ Target: Self/ Energy: 10% initially; 50% afterward/ Duration: 5 actions

effects: All of Ramses' stats are increased by six stages, and evasion is increased by two stages. After five actions, an additional 50% of his energy is drained.

Usage Gap: once per match

Ok i'm tired of doing nothing while waiting for my battle so let's do a SIG MOVE!

sprite.php

~Cotton the Swablu~

Cotton always thought she came from the clouds. Even though her family explained her clearly how Swablues were made, she refused to believe them. She had the feeling she had some sort of the connection with those those fluffy mastodons, floating so far away she couldn't reach them. When she was alone, she used to talk with them.
However, one afternoon, her classmates saw her chatting with the sky and laughed at her. With her Wailord-wide ego, Cotton couldn't take that mockery, so she decided to prove her friends that her connection with the clouds was real. But how?
Fate answered her few days after. Every spring, the Home-Tree wore a different color. That day, their home-tree was bursting with Oran Berries. Entire Swablu flocks were floating about, joyously plucking the blue fruits. Then a far way buzz was herd. First it was subtle, nearly faint, but it quickly grew stronger and louder. An entire swarm of Ninjasks was coming, and it was coming fast!
Soon the entire tree was overflowed by the insects and even if the tiny birds tried to defend themselves, the bugs were way too fast and agile for the Swablues to hit them. Cotton saw in that disastrous situation the perfect opportunity to call her friends for help. With a long and melodic cry, she asked the clouds to help her. Soon her wings grew larger and larger with condensed water, so large that Cotton became completely enveloped with it. When she couldn’t take the pressure longer, she charged the Ninjask swarm like a giant arrow. Cotton pierced the swarm and with a thunder-like sound it exploded with misty flares. The Ninjasks became completely absorbed in the mist and became notably slower, so Cotton’s family drove them away. Cotton’s body was found in the grass few meters down from the impact point, her wings reduced to small cloudy filaments.
Few days after, her wings regained their strength and Cotton regained her full health. When Cosmic adopted her, Cotton told him her story and he decided to teach her to control that wonderful attribute. After weeks of intense training, Cotton was able to bear the attack. However, she had to use the clouds in her wings in order to perform the attack. She became able to regain them quickly using the water in the air, though.
The result was a very powerful and cleansing attack, neutralizing any modification to the foe’s stats but that left Cotton grounded for a few minutes.

Name: Cloud Arrow
Type: Flying
Physical / Target: single opponent / Damage: 8%
Accuracy: 95%
Energy Cost: 6%
Effect: The foe is struck with an arrow made of condensed water that pierces all. The arrow the explodes in a burst of mist that sets the opponent's stat modifications to zero but also washes away any status they may have (excluding confusion and infatuation). The move also doubles in power if the foe does have those kind of status. This secondary effect applies even if the move misses or is blocked by Protect, Detect or Substitute. However, since Cotton loses the strength in her wing, she is considered to be under the effects of Gravity six actions following the move.

Using Gap: 6 actions.

Last edited:

I'm sorry! (Those are usually the people I see approving things. But, I'm not that observant.)

Yes, Ramses must be hit by a super-effective move in the previous round- otherwise this wouldn't make a bunch of sense.

I can live with that, and fixed!

Let's try this again, Ramses.

Ramses becomes furious, raising all of his stats to their peak potential. It takes 10% of Ramses' energy to initiate this rage, and 50% of his energy is drained due to fatigue, regardless of remaining energy level. However, due to his increased speed, damaging Ramses becomes more difficult. (Moves like Aerial Ace and Shock Wave still always strike) While it is his greatest technique, Ramses can only perform this move once per battle, whether he has healed or not. Having been the hunted by Tailow and other pokemon of the sort, he had to learn how to hold his own somehow. Being a particularly angry and vengeful Shroomish anyway, Ramses would never back down from a fight. After a year and a half of intense training, and learning to control his rage, Ramses managed to get to a point where his madness helps him. Also, to enter this rage, Ramses must first be hit by an attack that is super-effective towards him.

Normal Type/ Status/ 0% Damage/ 100% Accuracy/ Target: Self/ Energy: 10% initially; 50% afterward/ Duration: 5 actions

effects: All of Ramses' stats are increased by six stages, and evasion is increased by two stages. After five actions, an additional 50% of his energy is drained.

You still should move the first four sentences of the description under the Effects section; you haven't changed it to state specifically that the super-effective hit needs to be taken in the round immediately before, either. I think Negrek also said it needs more description and justification to be approvable.

Approved.

Ok i'm tired of doing nothing while waiting for my battle so let's do a SIG MOVE!

sprite.php

~Cotton the Swablu~

Cotton always thought she came from the clouds. Even though her family explained her clearly how Swablues were made, she refused to believe them. She had the feeling she had some sort of the connection with those those fluffy mastodons, floating so far away she couldn't reach them. When she was alone, she used to talk with them.
However, one afternoon, her classmates saw her chatting with the sky and laughed at her. With her Wailord-wide ego, Cotton couldn't take that mockery, so she decided to prove her friends that her connection with the clouds was real. But how?
Fate answered her few days after. Every spring, the Home-Tree wore a different color. That day, their home-tree was bursting with Oran Berries. Entire Swablu flocks were floating about, joyously plucking the blue fruits. Then a far way buzz was herd. First it was subtle, nearly faint, but it quickly grew stronger and louder. An entire swarm of Ninjasks was coming, and it was coming fast!
Soon the entire tree was overflowed by the insects and even if the tiny birds tried to defend themselves, the bugs were way too fast and agile for the Swablues to hit them. Cotton saw in that disastrous situation the perfect opportunity to call her friends for help. With a long and melodic cry, she asked the clouds to help her. Soon her wings grew larger and larger with condensed water, so large that Cotton became completely enveloped with it. When she couldn’t take the pressure longer, she charged the Ninjask swarm like a giant arrow. Cotton pierced the swarm and with a thunder-like sound it exploded with misty flares. The Ninjasks became completely absorbed in the mist and became notably slower, so Cotton’s family drove them away. Cotton’s body was found in the grass few meters down from the impact point, her wings reduced to small cloudy filaments.
Few days after, her wings regained their strength and Cotton regained her full health. When Cosmic adopted her, Cotton told him her story and he decided to teach her to control that wonderful attribute. After weeks of intense training, Cotton was able to bear the attack. However, she had to use the clouds in her wings in order to perform the attack. She became able to regain them quickly using the water in the air, though.
The result was a very powerful and cleansing attack, neutralizing any modification to the foe’s stats but that left Cotton grounded for a few minutes.

Effect: The foe is struck with an arrow made of condensed water that pierces all. The arrow the explodes in a burst of mist that sets the opponent's stat modifications to zero but also washes away any status they may have (excluding confusion and infatuation). The move also doubles in power if the foe does have those kind of status. This secondary effect applies even if the move misses or is blocked by Protect, Detect or Substitute. However, since Cotton loses the strength in her wing, she is considered to be under the effects of Gravity six actions following the move.

Using Gap: 6 actions.

I don't see any real justification for this move to be stronger when the target has status conditions. In fact factoring in STAB and preceding it with Toxic or something, this move would get pretty broken. Speaking of which, in the description it says when Cotton first used this move it absorbed the targets in mist and slowed them down, whereas now it removes negative status effects. Preferably there should be some consistency there.
Also, what exactly is meant by "pierces all"? I assume that means it deals full damage against foes with Reflect and that sort of thing but some clarification would be handy.
I've a feeling there are a few more things wrong with this move but nothing else worth refusing it on.

Anyway,

Charmander (F) <Blaze>
bank

Meowth I understand. Pierces all means nothing really so im removing it along with the "doubles in power if the target has a status condition". What i meant by slow the Ninjasks is that they lost the boost from their ability Speed Boost. Sorry...

sprite.php

~Cotton the Swablu~

Effect: The foe is struck with an arrow made of condensed water. The arrow the explodes in a burst of mist that sets the opponent's stat modifications to zero. This secondary effect applies even if the move misses or is blocked by Protect, Detect or Substitute. However, since Cotton loses the strength in her wing, she is considered to be under the effects of Gravity six actions following the move.

Usage Gap: 6 actions.

@ Meowth:... 'Kay.

Ramses becomes furious, raising all of his stats to their peak potential. It takes 10% of Ramses' energy to initiate this rage, and 50% of his energy is drained due to fatigue, regardless of remaining energy level. However, due to his increased speed, damaging Ramses becomes slightly more difficult. (Moves like Aerial Ace and Shock Wave still always strike) While it is his greatest technique, Ramses can only perform this move once per battle, whether he has regained energy or not. Having been the hunted by Tailow and other pokemon of the sort in his early years, he had to learn how to hold his own somehow. Being a particularly angry and vengeful Shroomish anyway, Ramses would never back down from a fight. After a year and a half of intense training and learning to control his rage in the high peaks of Mt. Chimney, Ramses managed to get to a point where his madness actually /helps/ him. Also, to enter this rage, Ramses must first be hit by an attack that is super-effective towards him in the previous round.

effects: Ramses becomes furious. It takes 10% of Ramses' energy to initiate this rage, and 50% of his energy is drained due to fatigue, regardless of remaining energy level. However, due to his increased speed, damaging Ramses becomes more difficult. (Moves like Aerial Ace and Shock Wave still always strike) While it is his greatest technique, Ramses can only perform this move once per battle, whether he has healed or not. All of Ramses' stats are increased by six stages, and evasion is increased by two stages. After five actions, an additional 50% of his energy is drained. This move can only be used the round after a super-effective move has landed.

is this better? I'm not really sure what else you might want from it.

It's probably still flawed, just posting to get the approval attempts running once more.

[Random Number God] Shuppet (M)
Ability: Frisk
Signature Attribute: Chance Manipulation

Random Number God and some friends of his used to hang out below the eaves of a spiteful man's house, eating off his negative emotions. The man, who tolerated their presence (or simply never noticed it), was an old trainer-turned-battle scientist who retired after his studies were long ignored by the ASB's niche. Accompaining the man's life, the Shuppet pack had plentiful access to his research.

The man's latest studies were extensive, tiresome experiments that attempted to unveil what trainers had so far called "dumb luck", to understand what set the odds for attacks' secondary effects to kick in, as well as the effects of certain conditions, such as confusion or paralysis. Eventually, because of how far he was ignored, he had to cancel his operations on that area; after all, somebody had to keep the resources coming.

The man never managed to finish his research, but the horde of Shuppet was intrigued by it. The day a need for battling arose, they put whatever they learned to practice, perfecting the secrets to altering the "odds". Random Number God was particularly intrigued by these, and obssessively practiced the techniques until he could alter every move he knew. Still, it's very hard to remember and apply every one of these techniques, and it tends to take a toll on the user.

Effects: All moves used by Random Number God after this one will have x1.5 times the chance of activating any secondary effects, as well as boosting critical hit domain by one. Any time Random Number God uses a move that he has not used since the activation of Chance Manipulation and that is affected by it, he will move last within the priority bracket, in order to remember clearly the "odd"-boosting procedure. Because performing this attribute is tiresome and difficult, Random Number God will usually not be in his best mindset, having a starting 1- Special Attack and Special Defense. He still can only reach 6- and 6+ with stat boosts, and these reductions will be default, meaning that, if Random Number God's stats are neutralized, said reductions will be in place.

Boredom led me to think up a signature attribute for my poor, poor, shiny nidoran male....

Azuraine] Nidoran (M)
Ability: Poison Point
Signature Attribute: Viewer Gender Confusion

Azuraine is shiny, which creates quite a few problems, namely ones concerning his gender. Being such a pretty blue, he is often mistaken for being female. The purple barette (this is just flavor, the barette does nothing and does not take up an item spot) his trainer makes him wear doesn't help much either. However, all this humiliation does hold a few advantages. He looks just like a girl.

Therefore, he can get a few advantages. Once he is in battle most competitors automatically assume he is female, and is then treated as such. Usually male pokemon will be the ones trying to win "her" favor, and females will be less likely to try to attract him (but if they do try he will fall for them), unless he has revealed his gender. If so, he acts like any other unfortunate shiny nidoran.

Effects: Azuraine looks like a really ugly nidoran female. Enemy pokemon will think he is a girl, and will treat him as such (a female will probably not use attract unless it is revealed that Azuraine is male somehow). Azuraine can be attracted by females still, but not males. Azuraine can attract either gender (males by looking like a girl, females by revealing he is in fact a boy) but attract's chance of working is reduced to 70% due to him being kind of weird.

Also, return's power is reduced to the minimal amount and frustration is at its maximum from default due to him being really irritated at having to pretend he's a girl.

________

Yeah...

@Zackrai: fyi, I can't approve signature moves anyway. Only pokémon and attributes.

Anyway,

Charmander (F) <Blaze>
bank

Approved.

It's probably still flawed, just posting to get the approval attempts running once more.

[Random Number God] Shuppet (M)
Ability: Frisk
Signature Attribute: Chance Manipulation

Random Number God and some friends of his used to hang out below the eaves of a spiteful man's house, eating off his negative emotions. The man, who tolerated their presence (or simply never noticed it), was an old trainer-turned-battle scientist who retired after his studies were long ignored by the ASB's niche. Accompaining the man's life, the Shuppet pack had plentiful access to his research.

The man's latest studies were extensive, tiresome experiments that attempted to unveil what trainers had so far called "dumb luck", to understand what set the odds for attacks' secondary effects to kick in, as well as the effects of certain conditions, such as confusion or paralysis. Eventually, because of how far he was ignored, he had to cancel his operations on that area; after all, somebody had to keep the resources coming.

The man never managed to finish his research, but the horde of Shuppet was intrigued by it. The day a need for battling arose, they put whatever they learned to practice, perfecting the secrets to altering the "odds". Random Number God was particularly intrigued by these, and obssessively practiced the techniques until he could alter every move he knew. Still, it's very hard to remember and apply every one of these techniques, and it tends to take a toll on the user.

Effects: All moves used by Random Number God after this one will have x1.5 times the chance of activating any secondary effects, as well as boosting critical hit domain by one. Any time Random Number God uses a move that he has not used since the activation of Chance Manipulation and that is affected by it, he will move last within the priority bracket, in order to remember clearly the "odd"-boosting procedure. Because performing this attribute is tiresome and difficult, Random Number God will usually not be in his best mindset, having a starting 1- Special Attack and Special Defense. He still can only reach 6- and 6+ with stat boosts, and these reductions will be default, meaning that, if Random Number God's stats are neutralized, said reductions will be in place.

I'm confused here. I don't remember what was said to you during your last attempts to get this approved, but is this a move or an attribute? The beginning of the effects section says "...moves... after this one", and if this is an attribute then it can't be "used" and is always on. Which is it?

Boredom led me to think up a signature attribute for my poor, poor, shiny nidoran male....

Azuraine] Nidoran (M)

Azuraine is shiny, which creates quite a few problems, namely ones concerning his gender. Being such a pretty blue, he is often mistaken for being female. The purple barette (this is just flavor, the barette does nothing and does not take up an item spot) his trainer makes him wear doesn't help much either. However, all this humiliation does hold a few advantages. He looks just like a girl.

Therefore, he can get a few advantages. Once he is in battle most competitors automatically assume he is female, and is then treated as such. Usually male pokemon will be the ones trying to win "her" favor, and females will be less likely to try to attract him (but if they do try he will fall for them), unless he has revealed his gender. If so, he acts like any other unfortunate shiny nidoran.

Effects: Azuraine looks like a really ugly nidoran female. Enemy pokemon will think he is a girl, and will treat him as such (a female will probably not use attract unless it is revealed that Azuraine is male somehow). Azuraine can be attracted by females still, but not males. Azuraine can attract either gender (males by looking like a girl, females by revealing he is in fact a boy) but attract's chance of working is reduced to 70% due to him being kind of weird.

Also, return's power is reduced to the minimal amount and frustration is at its maximum from default due to him being really irritated at having to pretend he's a girl.

________

Yeah...

What the pokémon in battle think in situations like this is technically irrelevant—my female pokémon will use attract on Azuraine because I said so and because I know it should logically work, and there's really no logical or legal way for you to hide Azuraine's true gender from your opponent. Similarly, I'm going to know better than to tell my male pokémon to use attract against another male. If the opposing pokémon were actually acting autonomously then this would make sense, but as it stands this attribute really doesn't do anything useful because you can't actually fool the other player, and the other player is the one calling the shots.

You can sort of circumvent this by explicitly stating that, when used by a female, attract will have a reduced accuracy against Azuraine (and you'd need to specify the exact amount of reduction—the "less likely", etc. you have right now is too vague to be useful to refs) because the pokémon is confused and probably not going to put her heart into really seducing him, but you can't really guess or control what the trainer themselves is or is not likely to order. I can't really think of a way for you to make this work as far as males trying to attract Azuraine, though, unless he comes up against a pokémon that has been identified as gay or something. Generally speaking, the effects of this attribute probably need to be rethought entirely.

For myself: buying a dubious disc. insert rupee where?

Last edited:

[Knives] Charmander (F) <Blaze>
[Glitch] Porygon (x) <Trace>
[Ctrl] Gastly (M) <Levitate>

Last edited:

Mmkay. I kind of just cut some things because this attribute won't be effective at all when/if I evolve him.

Azuraine] Nidoran (M)

Therefore, he can get a few advantages. Once he is in battle most competitors automatically assume he is female, and is then treated as such. Usually male pokemon will be the ones trying to win "her" favor (if they were unordered and uninformed), and females will be less likely to try to attract him (but if they do try he will fall for them), unless he has revealed his gender. If so, he acts like any other unfortunate shiny nidoran.

Effects: Azuraine looks like a really ugly nidoran female. Enemy pokemon will come into battle believing he is female. Azuraine can be attracted by females still, but not males. Azuraine can attract either gender (males by looking like a girl, females by revealing he is in fact a boy) but attract's chance of working is reduced to 70% due to him being kind of weird. The accuracy of attract by a female is reduced to 60% due to the pokemon being generally confused and trying less hard to seduce an (apparent) girl. If said pokemon is lesbian, then that reduction no longer applies.

Last edited:

[Knives] Charmander (F) <Blaze>
[Glitch] Porygon (x) <Trace>
[Ctrl] Gastly (M) <Levitate>

Approved.

Mmkay. I kind of just cut some things because this attribute won't be effective at all when/if I evolve him.

Azuraine] Nidoran (M)

Therefore, he can get a few advantages. Once he is in battle most competitors automatically assume he is female, and is then treated as such. Usually male pokemon will be the ones trying to win "her" favor (if they were unordered and uninformed), and females will be less likely to try to attract him (but if they do try he will fall for them), unless he has revealed his gender. If so, he acts like any other unfortunate shiny nidoran.

Effects: Azuraine looks like a really ugly nidoran female. Enemy pokemon will come into battle believing he is female. Azuraine can be attracted by females still, but not males. Azuraine can attract either gender (males by looking like a girl, females by revealing he is in fact a boy) but attract's chance of working is reduced to 70% due to him being kind of weird. The accuracy of attract by a female is reduced to 60% due to the pokemon being generally confused and trying less hard to seduce an (apparent) girl. If said pokemon is lesbian, then that reduction no longer applies.

Approved.

SIGNATURE ATTRIBUTE TIME

[GLaDOS] Porygon2 (X) <Download> @ Dubious Disk
Received/Evolved: here/here
Signature Move: Weighted Companion Cube

Signature Attribute: Personality Cores

GLaDOS is not your typical Porygon; it was manufactured not by Silph Co., but a rival company called Pokéture Science for testing with behaviour and computerized teaching of other Pokémon. It possesses several abilities that a regular Porygon from Silph Co. does not, such as its Signature Move. Another of these abilities is the fact that it possesses Personality Cores, advanced personality software developed by the company for research. Currently, three of these cores are active in GLaDOS, as follows:

Orange 'Curiosity' Core: Its default state. The Curiosity Core does not grant any additional benefits or weaknesses. When this core is active, its eyes are orange.

Blue 'Knowledge' Core: When GLaDOS drops to 50% or lower health, the Knowledge Core activates instead of the Curiosity Core. This Core helps it know how to more effectively protect itself. When this Core is active, GLaDOS gets a +2 bonus to her DEF and SP.DEF, and her health is restored by 1% per action. Its eyes glow blue when this core is active.

Red 'Emotion' Core: When GLaDOS drops to 25% or lower health, the Emotion Core activates instead of the Curiosity Core or Knowledge Core. This core fuels its anger, making it a more vicious attacker. When this Core is active, GLaDOS gets a +2 bonus to its ATK and SP.ATK. Its eyes glow red when this core is active.

Effects:
Orange Core: No change
Blue Core: +2 bonus to DEF and SP.DEF, 1%/action health regeneration
Red Core: +2 bonus to ATK and SP.ATK.

In addition, if GLaDOS goes above the maximum amount of health allowed to a Core, it will revert to the previous one. The stat bonuses cannot be transferred to another Pokemon by any means, and do not allow it to pass the usual -/+6 min/max. The bonuses do not stack. For example, if it were to pass from Blue to Red, the DEF/SP.DEF gained from the Core would disappear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom