• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Registration Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Registration Office

Link.

[Moonshine] Eevee (Female)<$25>
Ability:Run away
Move Mod:None.
Body Mod:None.
Eevee approved.

(neko)eevee(adaptability)male
(thorn)budew(poison point) female@dawn stone
(does adaptability mean STAB=2x, or what?????)
http://www.dragonflycave.com/forums/...8&postcount=57
Approved, but in the future, please post in the correct format--it makes things much easier to read. As for adaptability, see the attacks and abilities guide about that. I don't remember the specific effect off the top of my head.

[Blaziking] Cyndaquil (Male)
Ability: Blaze
Move Mod: Nope
Body Mod: None

[Carnage] Bellsprout (Female)
Ability: Chlorophyll

[Swimmy] Remoraid (Female)
Ability: Sniper

Link

Ok, now that my team is approved, I want to try making mods and sigs for my Pokemon. However, I have a question:

Can a mod also be changed when the Pokemon evolves?

[Ribbon] Gible (F)

Signature Move: Tempest

Description: Having been born with her trainer, she was not confined to a cave like most Gible are. As such, she was exposed to such things as wind, rivers... and storms. Storms always fascinated Ribbon greatly, the lightning crackling in the air, the high speed winds, the pouring rain. She wanted to learn how to make them herself, so that she could dance among the storm that she always loved so much. So, she went outside during said storms quite often, practising long and hard to summon such weather. And she soon accomplished this feat. Due to her low stage, she can only bring about such weather, called Tempest. This weather is quite fierce, empowering Dragon types greatly, at a great cost.

Type: Dragon / Stat: Other / Base Damage: 0% / Accuracy: N/A / Target: N/A / Energy: 5% / Duration: 1 turn to Execute. Lasts for ??? (I cannot find anywhere in the league that mentions EXACTLY how long the average weather effect lasts for. So... Same amount of time as Rain Dance, Sunny Day, etc.)

Effects: Causes the Tempest Weather Condition. When Tempest is the current weather, it causes all Dragon Types to do 2% more damage with 2% less energy required to use all attacks. As a side effect, all resistances and immunities attributed to the Dragon Type are wiped until the weather subsides. Weaknesses still apply (So, for example, Gible would now be weak to Grass type attacks, and would still be 4x weak to ice type attacks)
Usage Gap: 5 rounds, can only be used twice per battle

Eevee approved.

Approved, but in the future, please post in the correct format--it makes things much easier to read. As for adaptability, see the attacks and abilities guide about that. I don't remember the specific effect off the top of my head.

I meant SHINY stone, Is that Ok?

Hi, I'm Seri and I'd like to purchase a few pokémon, please.

[Splashy] Mudkip (M) - $10
Ability: Torrent
I'd like to use Splashy as a level-three rarity starter.

[Wally] Ralts (F) - $7
Ability: Synchronize

[Ruby] Aron (F) - $13
Ability: Rock Head

[Hokage] Houndour (M) - $15
Ability: Flash Fire

And now I'm bankrupt. Like Arylett. Link.

Last edited:

[Blaziking] Cyndaquil (Male)

[Carnage] Bellsprout (Female)
Ability: Chlorophyll

[Swimmy] Remoraid (Female)
Ability: Sniper

Link
Team approved.

Ok, now that my team is approved, I want to try making mods and sigs for my Pokemon. However, I have a question:

Can a mod also be changed when the Pokemon evolves?

[Ribbon] Gible (F)

Signature Move: Tempest

Description: Having been born with her trainer, she was not confined to a cave like most Gible are. As such, she was exposed to such things as wind, rivers... and storms. Storms always fascinated Ribbon greatly, the lightning crackling in the air, the high speed winds, the pouring rain. She wanted to learn how to make them herself, so that she could dance among the storm that she always loved so much. So, she went outside during said storms quite often, practising long and hard to summon such weather. And she soon accomplished this feat. Due to her low stage, she can only bring about such weather, called Tempest. This weather is quite fierce, empowering Dragon types greatly, at a great cost.

Type: Dragon / Stat: Other / Base Damage: 0% / Accuracy: N/A / Target: N/A / Energy: 5% / Duration: 1 turn to Execute. Lasts for ??? (I cannot find anywhere in the league that mentions EXACTLY how long the average weather effect lasts for. So... Same amount of time as Rain Dance, Sunny Day, etc.)

Effects: Causes the Tempest Weather Condition. When Tempest is the current weather, it causes all Dragon Types to do 2% more damage with 2% less energy required to use all attacks. As a side effect, all resistances and immunities attributed to the Dragon Type are wiped until the weather subsides. Weaknesses still apply (So, for example, Gible would now be weak to Grass type attacks, and would still be 4x weak to ice type attacks)
Usage Gap: 5 rounds, can only be used twice per battle
Regarding your question: yes.

Regarding the signature move, it's too powerful for a basic-stage pokémon. While the drawback is good, it's not quite enough to make up for the fact that it causes a 4% swing in health and energy every action for several actions. If you use this at the beginning of a round when you know the foe won't be changing the weather, you'll "gain back" its energy cost by the end of the round and then some, not to mention the extra 6% damage you'll be dealing. This attack would work for a higher evolution stage, but for a gible, no.

Also, for the duration, just write "weather effect." And for the usage gap, that'd be five rounds from the end of the weather effect.

I meant SHINY stone, Is that Ok?
Yes, but be sure to edit it in your original post for record purposes.

Hi, I'm Seri and I'd like to purchase a few pokémon, please.

[Splashy] Mudkip (M) - $10
I'd like to use Splashy as a level-three rarity starter.

[Wally] Ralts (F) - $7
Ability: Synchronize

[Ruby] Aron (F) - $13

[Hokage] Houndour (M) - $15

And now I'm bankrupt. Like Arylett. Link.
Team approved.

Ok, I'm going to start up my team.

[Riza] Pidgey (F)
Ability: Keen Eye

[Mia] Magikarp (F)
Ability: Swift Swim

[Ming] Ralts (F)
Ability: Trace

[Chaos] Vulpix (F)

All together, it should be $27. But I'm not done yet. I'm going to get my Riolu back from Bill's

[Halan] Riolu (M)
Ability: Steadfast.

He had a sig move, but I'll wait until he's approved before adding it for Halan.

Ok, I'm going to start up my team.

[Riza] Pidgey (F)
Ability: Keen Eye

[Mia] Magikarp (F)

[Ming] Ralts (F)
Ability: Trace

[Chaos] Vulpix (F)

All together, it should be $27. But I'm not done yet. I'm going to get my Riolu back from Bill's

[Halan] Riolu (M)
Ability: Steadfast.

He had a sig move, but I'll wait until he's approved before adding it for Halan.
All approved.

LETS GET ME A TEAM. :D

So, first I have these from the Teleporter

[L'Arc-En-Ciel] Togekiss (male)
Dragon/Flying
-Baton Pass, Last Resort
+Dragon Rush, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Dance, Twister, Dragonbreath
Ability: Serene Grace

[Edward] Persian (M)
Ability: Technician
Signature Attribute: Right Arm of Steel

Edward's previous owner was none too kind to him. He was pushed to win by any means necessary by the cruel man, and when he couldn't, he had replaced Edward's right arm with a Stainless Steel replica in a rather painful operation. Such prosthetics, usually to replace limbs lost in accidents, tend to double as weaponry. The arm is, since it is made of steel, is very strong, and the arm's claws are very sharp. However, it is heavy.

Effects: The weight of the arm gives Edward a permanent -1 to his speed, while the sheer power gives a +2 to physical attacks made with the arm. The base, where the steel connects to his shoulder, is very sensitive, so all moves that land there gain a %2 damage bonus. If he blocks an attack with his arm, he takes %2 less damage. The weight of the arm makes it almost impossible to swim, so if he is placed in water, he'll sink.

And buying a few new team members~

[Doomsday] Bidoof (F)
Ability: Simple
Cost: 5$

[Jinkosen] Piplup (M)
Cost: 10$

[Jin] Bronzor (X)
Ability: Heatproof

[Ganemede] Feebas (M)

Total: 25$ - Bank link EAT YOU

LETS GET ME A TEAM. :D

So, first I have these from the Teleporter

[L'Arc-En-Ciel] Togekiss (male)
Dragon/Flying
-Baton Pass, Last Resort
+Dragon Rush, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Dance, Twister, Dragonbreath
Ability: Serene Grace

[Edward] Persian (M)

Edward's previous owner was none too kind to him. He was pushed to win by any means necessary by the cruel man, and when he couldn't, he had replaced Edward's right arm with a Stainless Steel replica in a rather painful operation. Such prosthetics, usually to replace limbs lost in accidents, tend to double as weaponry. The arm is, since it is made of steel, is very strong, and the arm's claws are very sharp. However, it is heavy.

Effects: The weight of the arm gives Edward a permanent -1 to his speed, while the sheer power gives a +2 to physical attacks made with the arm. The base, where the steel connects to his shoulder, is very sensitive, so all moves that land there gain a %2 damage bonus. If he blocks an attack with his arm, he takes %2 less damage. The weight of the arm makes it almost impossible to swim, so if he is placed in water, he'll sink.

And buying a few new team members~

[Doomsday] Bidoof (F)
Ability: Simple

[Jinkosen] Piplup (M)
Cost: 10$

[Jin] Bronzor (X)
Ability: Heatproof

[Ganemede] Feebas (M)

Total: 25$ - Bank link EAT YOU
All good except Ed's attribute--it's just slightly too powerful. Cut the attack boost down to +1 and it should be good.

Righty-o.

[Edward] Persian (M)

Effects: The weight of the arm gives Edward a permanent -1 to his speed, while the sheer power gives a +1 to physical attacks made with the arm. The base, where the steel connects to his shoulder, is very sensitive, so all moves that land there gain a %2 damage bonus. If he blocks an attack with his arm, he takes %2 less damage. The weight of the arm makes it almost impossible to swim, so if he is placed in water, he'll sink.

Retrieving my Salamence from this here postie.

[Scarlet Fever] Salamence (F)
*Scarlet's scales are red where other Salamence would be blue.

Getting this approved from the teleporter.

[Goach] Whiscash (Male)
Ability: Oblivious

Signature Move: Blinding Whiskers

During particularly boring days, Whiscash will often spend their time waving their whiskers about in an attempt to amuse themselves. Goach, who was usually pretty damn bored, became unnaturally adept at this. He can now wag his whiskers with such blinding speed that it is almost considered supernatural. This gives him an edge in combat, allowing him to wave his whiskers about with blinding swiftness, almost like propellers.

Normal / Stat: --- / Base Damage: --- / Accuracy: --- / Target: Self / Energy: 0% / Duration: ---
Effects: ---
Usage Gap: ---

~~~

Also bringing back my Steelix, from here.

[Pravus] Steelix (Male)

Last edited:

Retrieving my Salamence from this here postie.

[Scarlet Fever] Salamence (F)
*Scarlet's scales are red where other Salamence would be blue.
Approved.

Getting this approved from the teleporter.

[Goach] Whiscash (Male)
Ability: Oblivious

Signature Move: Blinding Whiskers

During particularly boring days, Whiscash will often spend their time waving their whiskers about in an attempt to amuse themselves. Goach, who was usually pretty damn bored, became unnaturally adept at this. He can now wag his whiskers with such blinding speed that it is almost considered supernatural. This gives him an edge in combat, allowing him to wave his whiskers about with blinding swiftness, almost like propellers.

Normal / Stat: --- / Base Damage: --- / Accuracy: --- / Target: Self / Energy: 0% / Duration: ---
Effects: ---
Usage Gap: ---

~~~

Also bringing back my Steelix, from here.

[Pravus] Steelix (Male)
Both approved.

Éna
Dýo

[Balloon] Spheal (Male)
Ability: Thick Fat

[Arma] Sandshrew (Female)
Ability: Sand Veil

[Zap] Shinx (Male)
Ability: Intimidate

[Psyfox] Abra (Female)
Ability: Synchonize

[Blaze] Cyndaquil (As rarity three) (Male)

Is everything correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom