• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Registration Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Registration Office

I'm going to get this right if it kills me:

[Dominic] Mudkip (M)
Ability: Torrent
Signature Move: Sword of Fin

After meeting his trainer and had been given his nickname, Dominic has been obsessed with medieval times, cultures, and especially weaponry. Swords, battleaxes, maces, he loved them all. Saddened by the fact that he would never be able to wield such a tool (due to the lack of useful hands), Dominic was determined to find a way to get a sword of his own. Looking at himself in a mirror, Dominic decided that his tall upper fin would be the best choice for a weapon he could easily use. Observing non-steel Pokemon that could use steel type moves (Steel Wing, Iron Head, Metal Claw, Iron Tail), Dominic began practicing temporarily turning his fin to a hard, metal-like substance. After weeks of training, he found by directing much of his energy into his fin, it would toughen up and harden. When in this state, it would make a satisfying ‘clang’ sound when it hit rock or metal. Dominic was ecstatic, promptly deciding his fin was as sword like as it was going to get. He now had a new secret weapon at his disposal, and he was sure no one would see it coming.

Steel / Damage: 8% per use of the sword attack /Accuracy 100% / Target: Self / Energy 5%, then 1% per action it is continued, 4% per use of sword attack / Duration: 6 actions max

Effects:

The fin on top of Dominic’s head hardens until it is of metallic properties. This takes one action to do. Once the fin is adequately toughened up, Dominic can then swings his head toward his opponent as hard as he can. The damage is caused when the fin makes contact with the opponent. The fin is also impervious to most forms of physical damage, so he can use it to deflect physical attacks increasing his defense by 1 stage. His fin, and his fin alone takes on the properties of a Steel type Pokemon making it weak against Fire, Fighting, and Ground attacks, and making it strong against Normal, Grass, Ice, Flying, Psychic, Bug, Rock, Ghost, Dragon, Dark, and Steel attacks. Dominic can end this effect early if his so chooses.

Usage Gap: 9 actions

I'm going to get this right if it kills me:

[Dominic] Mudkip (M)
Ability: Torrent
Signature Move: Sword of Fin

After meeting his trainer and had been given his nickname, Dominic has been obsessed with medieval times, cultures, and especially weaponry. Swords, battleaxes, maces, he loved them all. Saddened by the fact that he would never be able to wield such a tool (due to the lack of useful hands), Dominic was determined to find a way to get a sword of his own. Looking at himself in a mirror, Dominic decided that his tall upper fin would be the best choice for a weapon he could easily use. Observing non-steel Pokemon that could use steel type moves (Steel Wing, Iron Head, Metal Claw, Iron Tail), Dominic began practicing temporarily turning his fin to a hard, metal-like substance. After weeks of training, he found by directing much of his energy into his fin, it would toughen up and harden. When in this state, it would make a satisfying ‘clang’ sound when it hit rock or metal. Dominic was ecstatic, promptly deciding his fin was as sword like as it was going to get. He now had a new secret weapon at his disposal, and he was sure no one would see it coming.

Steel / Damage: 8% per use of the sword attack /Accuracy 100% / Target: Self / Energy 5%, then 1% per action it is continued, 4% per use of sword attack / Duration: 6 actions max

Effects:

The fin on top of Dominic’s head hardens until it is of metallic properties. This takes one action to do. Once the fin is adequately toughened up, Dominic can then swings his head toward his opponent as hard as he can. The damage is caused when the fin makes contact with the opponent. The fin is also impervious to most forms of physical damage, so he can use it to deflect physical attacks increasing his defense by 1 stage. His fin, and his fin alone takes on the properties of a Steel type Pokemon making it weak against Fire, Fighting, and Ground attacks, and making it strong against Normal, Grass, Ice, Flying, Psychic, Bug, Rock, Ghost, Dragon, Dark, and Steel attacks. Dominic can end this effect early if his so chooses.

Usage Gap: 9 actions
Approved.

Getting a Bellsprout. What? Pay for it? Actually, I'll just redeem these two battles for it.

[Bamboo] Bellsprout (M)
Ability: Chlorophyll
Move Mod: None
Body Mod: None

On the other hand, I will pay for a Dratini.

[Uephota] Dratini (F) -$25
Ability: Shed Skin
And I'd like to get a signature attribute for this bugger.

Signature Attribute: Poisoned Heritage

Uephota looks and acts much like a normal Dratini, except that her colouration is a bit darker, the tip of her tail is quite sharp, and she has barely noticeable fangs sticking out of her mouth. This is because her father is a Seviper. Now, under normal circumstances, she wouldn't have inherited these changes, but her mother was a rather frail Pokemon with many recessive genes, while her father was the opposite.
Her unique traits go beyond that, though. From an early age Uephota preferred to play with the young Seviper instead of fellow Dratinis, mostly because the snake-like dragons tended to reject her. Unfortunately, that meant every once in a while, due to some rough play, she got some poison in her system. Since the poison came from young Seviper, though, it wasn't as potent, and though she often got very sick she didn't die. Eventually she built up an immunity to poison.
As Uephota grew up, she began to get so much poison in her bloodstream that it started to turn a purplish hue. With this change she noticed she could channel her poisoned blood into her fangs and sharp-tipped tail, as well as use Poison-type attacks much more easily.
So, as a result of all the poison that got into her body, Uephota is now a Dragon/Poison Pokemon instead of the standard Dragon-type. This means she gets STAB for Poison-type moves, as well as all weaknesses and resistances it offers. Finally, she can use the moves Poison Tail, Poison Jab, and Poison Fang, courtesy of her father.

Getting a Bellsprout. What? Pay for it? Actually, I'll just redeem these two battles for it.

[Bamboo] Bellsprout (M)
Ability: Chlorophyll

On the other hand, I will pay for a Dratini.

Uephota looks and acts much like a normal Dratini, except that her colouration is a bit darker, the tip of her tail is quite sharp, and she has barely noticeable fangs sticking out of her mouth. This is because her father is a Seviper. Now, under normal circumstances, she wouldn't have inherited these changes, but her mother was a rather frail Pokemon with many recessive genes, while her father was the opposite.
Her unique traits go beyond that, though. From an early age Uephota preferred to play with the young Seviper instead of fellow Dratinis, mostly because the snake-like dragons tended to reject her. Unfortunately, that meant every once in a while, due to some rough play, she got some poison in her system. Since the poison came from young Seviper, though, it wasn't as potent, and though she often got very sick she didn't die. Eventually she built up an immunity to poison.
As Uephota grew up, she began to get so much poison in her bloodstream that it started to turn a purplish hue. With this change she noticed she could channel her poisoned blood into her fangs and sharp-tipped tail, as well as use Poison-type attacks much more easily.
So, as a result of all the poison that got into her body, Uephota is now a Dragon/Poison Pokemon instead of the standard Dragon-type. This means she gets STAB for Poison-type moves, as well as all weaknesses and resistances it offers. Finally, she can use the moves Poison Tail, Poison Jab, and Poison Fang, courtesy of her father.
Bellsprout approved, sig attribute needs a drawback, probably in the form of moves lost as a result of the transformation.

I'd like to buy another team member please.

[Dysalia] Girafarig (F)
Ability: Early Bird

That's $20, since Girafarig is in Rarity Six.

Bank Transaction
Approved.

Alright, let's try this again.

So, as a result of all the poison that got into her body, Uephota is now a Dragon/Poison Pokemon instead of the standard Dragon-type. This means she gets STAB for Poison-type moves, as well as all weaknesses and resistances it offers. Finally, she can use the moves Poison Tail, Poison Jab, and Poison Fang, courtesy of her father. However, as a result of her genetic changes, she's unable to dissolve her tail and perform the move Aqua Tail. She's also unable to concentrate too much pure energy in her mouth for fear of damaging her fangs, making it impossible for her to use Hyper Beam or Zap Cannon.

Alright, let's try this again.

So, as a result of all the poison that got into her body, Uephota is now a Dragon/Poison Pokemon instead of the standard Dragon-type. This means she gets STAB for Poison-type moves, as well as all weaknesses and resistances it offers. Finally, she can use the moves Poison Tail, Poison Jab, and Poison Fang, courtesy of her father. However, as a result of her genetic changes, she's unable to dissolve her tail and perform the move Aqua Tail. She's also unable to concentrate too much pure energy in her mouth for fear of damaging her fangs, making it impossible for her to use Hyper Beam or Zap Cannon.

Losing Aqua Tail seems a bit odd, as Seviper can also learn that move and so I'm not sure why being half-one-Pokémon-with-Aqua-Tail and half-another-Pokémon-with-Aqua-Tail would result in the loss of Aqua Tail. And as far as I know Aqua Tail isn't generally reffed as the tail "dissolving into water" but rather as being surrounded by actual water or water energy. It's a fine move to lose as a drawback, but it just doesn't really make sense to me given your explanation.

Aaanyway, got a sig move fer someone to look at.

[Genis Sage] Eevee (M) <Adaptability>
Signature Move: Mana Master

Genis has never been particularly keen on evolving; nonetheless, however, he admires the awesome power that his potential evolutions can wield and desires to have a little of that power himself. To that end he has spent long hours meditating and attempting to unlock the volatile elemental energy deep within. He has succeeded - to a degree, that is. He is still just an Eevee, and as such does not have the level of control over this energy that he desires; all the same, though, he now has the ability to utilize a great deal of elemental power that is normally reserved for his evolutions.

Genis takes an action to do some self-searching and draw upon the power of one of his possible evolutions; he has no idea which one it is until after the fact, however. From the next action onward Genis can use the most powerful elemental attack possessed by that evolution and is able to do so until the end of the battle. The evolution he draws upon and thus the attack Genis gains is chosen randomly; however, because Eevee are so sensitive to the environment around them it is possible that the battlefield can influence which attack he gets. The ref can decide how much and to what extent Mana Master is affected by the environment, although all of the attacks do have at least a small chance of coming up regardless. (So, for example, on a battlefield with a light rain Hydro Pump might have a 10% higher chance of occurring than the other attacks; on a battle during a downpour at sea, however, Hydro Pump might have a 40% higher chance of occurring. Or however you work it out.) If he wishes to use Mana Master again he must first dispel the elemental energy of the previous attack; he hasn't yet figured out what might happen if he tries to draw upon the power of two elements at the same time... The attack gained by subsequent uses of Mana Master is still randomized but cannot be the same move twice in a row.

The possible attacks gained are as follows: Vaporeon - Hydro Pump; Jolteon - Thunder; Flareon - Overheat; Espeon - Psychic; Umbreon - Dark Pulse; Leafeon - Solarbeam; Glaceon - Blizzard.

Type: Normal / Stat: Other / Accuracy: 95% / Damage: -- / Energy: 7% / Target: Self / Effects: Chooses one of the Eeveelutions and grants Genis the most powerful type-matched attack that Eeveelution learns; Eeveelution chosen at random and at discretion of ref. The move behaves as it normally would with its usual power, accuracy, effects, etc.. Can be used again to overwrite the previous move with a new one (not the same twice) also chosen at random. / Duration: 1 action to use Mana Master, gained move used as normal / Usage Gap: Mana Master no sooner than every six actions, gained move used as normal

This was approved on the pre-explosion forums, but I've changed it slightly so that it can be used more than once in a battle; if that's too broken, I still have the original version and don't mind going back to that. I also had to take a stab in the dark at the energy cost, since it wasn't required to define those before, but I think it should be fair.

Purchasing Starters:

[Ephraim] Zangoose (M) - $15

[Croquis] Shuppet (F) - $7
Ability: Insomnia

[Grallator] Spinarak (M) - $5
Ability: Swarm

Bank Link

*facepalm* Blame Butterfree's TQftL. I thought Aqua Tail meant, y'know, the tail actually dissolving into water.

So, as a result of all the poison that got into her body, Uephota is now a Dragon/Poison Pokemon instead of the standard Dragon-type. This means she gets STAB for Poison-type moves, as well as all weaknesses and resistances it offers. Finally, she can use the moves Poison Tail, Poison Jab, and Poison Fang, courtesy of her father. However, as a result of her genetic changes, she's unable to concentrate too much pure energy in her mouth for fear of damaging her fangs, making it impossible for her to use Hyper Beam, Fire Blast, or Zap Cannon.

Hopefully that's good enough now.

Last edited:

Losing Aqua Tail seems a bit odd, as Seviper can also learn that move and so I'm not sure why being half-one-Pokémon-with-Aqua-Tail and half-another-Pokémon-with-Aqua-Tail would result in the loss of Aqua Tail. And as far as I know Aqua Tail isn't generally reffed as the tail "dissolving into water" but rather as being surrounded by actual water or water energy. It's a fine move to lose as a drawback, but it just doesn't really make sense to me given your explanation.

Aaanyway, got a sig move fer someone to look at.

Genis has never been particularly keen on evolving; nonetheless, however, he admires the awesome power that his potential evolutions can wield and desires to have a little of that power himself. To that end he has spent long hours meditating and attempting to unlock the volatile elemental energy deep within. He has succeeded - to a degree, that is. He is still just an Eevee, and as such does not have the level of control over this energy that he desires; all the same, though, he now has the ability to utilize a great deal of elemental power that is normally reserved for his evolutions.

Genis takes an action to do some self-searching and draw upon the power of one of his possible evolutions; he has no idea which one it is until after the fact, however. From the next action onward Genis can use the most powerful elemental attack possessed by that evolution and is able to do so until the end of the battle. The evolution he draws upon and thus the attack Genis gains is chosen randomly; however, because Eevee are so sensitive to the environment around them it is possible that the battlefield can influence which attack he gets. The ref can decide how much and to what extent Mana Master is affected by the environment, although all of the attacks do have at least a small chance of coming up regardless. (So, for example, on a battlefield with a light rain Hydro Pump might have a 10% higher chance of occurring than the other attacks; on a battle during a downpour at sea, however, Hydro Pump might have a 40% higher chance of occurring. Or however you work it out.) If he wishes to use Mana Master again he must first dispel the elemental energy of the previous attack; he hasn't yet figured out what might happen if he tries to draw upon the power of two elements at the same time... The attack gained by subsequent uses of Mana Master is still randomized but cannot be the same move twice in a row.

The possible attacks gained are as follows: Vaporeon - Hydro Pump; Jolteon - Thunder; Flareon - Overheat; Espeon - Psychic; Umbreon - Dark Pulse; Leafeon - Solarbeam; Glaceon - Blizzard.

Type: Normal / Stat: Other / Accuracy: 95% / Damage: -- / Energy: 7% / Target: Self / Effects: Chooses one of the Eeveelutions and grants Genis the most powerful type-matched attack that Eeveelution learns; Eeveelution chosen at random and at discretion of ref. The move behaves as it normally would with its usual power, accuracy, effects, etc.. Can be used again to overwrite the previous move with a new one (not the same twice) also chosen at random. / Duration: 1 action to use Mana Master, gained move used as normal / Usage Gap: Mana Master no sooner than every six actions, gained move used as normal

This was approved on the pre-explosion forums, but I've changed it slightly so that it can be used more than once in a battle; if that's too broken, I still have the original version and don't mind going back to that. I also had to take a stab in the dark at the energy cost, since it wasn't required to define those before, but I think it should be fair.
Make the usage gap nine and it's good.

Purchasing Starters:

[Ephraim] Zangoose (M) - $15

[Croquis] Shuppet (F) - $7
Ability: Insomnia

[Grallator] Spinarak (M) - $5
Ability: Swarm

Bank Link
Team approved.

*facepalm* Blame Butterfree's TQftL. I thought Aqua Tail meant, y'know, the tail actually dissolving into water.

So, as a result of all the poison that got into her body, Uephota is now a Dragon/Poison Pokemon instead of the standard Dragon-type. This means she gets STAB for Poison-type moves, as well as all weaknesses and resistances it offers. Finally, she can use the moves Poison Tail, Poison Jab, and Poison Fang, courtesy of her father. However, as a result of her genetic changes, she's unable to concentrate too much pure energy in her mouth for fear of damaging her fangs, making it impossible for her to use Hyper Beam, Fire Blast, or Zap Cannon.

Hopefully that's good enough now.
Approved.

Nine it is.

----

Type: Normal / Stat: Other / Accuracy: 95% / Damage: -- / Energy: 7% / Target: Self / Effects: Chooses one of the Eeveelutions and grants Genis the most powerful type-matched attack that Eeveelution learns; Eeveelution chosen at random and at discretion of ref. The move behaves as it normally would with its usual power, accuracy, effects, etc.. Can be used again to overwrite the previous move with a new one (not the same twice) also chosen at random. / Duration: 1 action to use Mana Master, gained move used as normal / Usage Gap: Mana Master no sooner than every nine actions, gained move used as normal

Nine it is.

----

Type: Normal / Stat: Other / Accuracy: 95% / Damage: -- / Energy: 7% / Target: Self / Effects: Chooses one of the Eeveelutions and grants Genis the most powerful type-matched attack that Eeveelution learns; Eeveelution chosen at random and at discretion of ref. The move behaves as it normally would with its usual power, accuracy, effects, etc.. Can be used again to overwrite the previous move with a new one (not the same twice) also chosen at random. / Duration: 1 action to use Mana Master, gained move used as normal / Usage Gap: Mana Master no sooner than every nine actions, gained move used as normal
Approved.

[Prince Ulric] Nidoran (M)
Ability: Rivalry

[Princess Juliana] Nidoran (F)

[Terrowin] Ralts (M)
Ability: Trace

[Hadrian the Court Jester] Mime Jr. (M)
Ability: Filter

$7 + $7 + $7 + $13 comes out to $34, if I'm not mistaken.
Proof of Purchase

[Prince Ulric] Nidoran (M)

[Princess Juliana] Nidoran (F)

[Terrowin] Ralts (M)
Ability: Trace

[Hadrian the Court Jester] Mime Jr. (M)
Ability: Filter

$7 + $7 + $7 + $13 comes out to $34, if I'm not mistaken.
Proof of Purchase

Approved.

Purchasing:

[Wednesday] Feebas (F) - $5

[Theodore] Hoothoot (M) - $5

Bank Link

Approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom