• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Registration Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Registration Office

Oh wait, I forgot to specify which ability for Hoothoot to have.

[Wednesday] Feebas (F) - $5

[Theodore] Hoothoot (M) - $5
Ability: Keen Eye

Bank Link

What's this another Eevee?!

[Zarin] Eevee (M)
Ability:
Steadfast
Body Modification: Aura Born

Zarin's father was a Lucario, and by some miracle of breeding, he inherited some of the Riolu line's unique ability to control aura. The power is still weak due to his young age, but this grants him some new abilities. He has a small amount of power over his own aura and can use it to preform a few attacks, and granted him a new ability; Steadfast. These attacks are Vacuum Wave, Zen Headbutt, Focus Blast, and a weak Aura Sphere. The Aura Sphere is not as strong as it could be if he were really a Riolu or Lucario, so it's base power is and is 70 instead of 90 costs 2% more energy.

But this breeding also deprived him of a few moves that Eevee would normally be able to use, namely Baton Pass, Trump Card, Last Resort, and Helping Hand.

Effects: Ability change to Steadfast, - Baton Pass, Trump Card, Last Resort, Helping Hand. + Vacuum Wave, Zen Headbutt, Focus Blast, Aura Sphere (70 power +2% Energy cost).

...god I hope that isn't too overpowered. x: and if you think other moves would better suit the use of aura than the ones I picked, please tell me D:

LINK

Last edited:

What's this another Eevee?!

[Zarin] Eevee (M)
Ability:
Steadfast

Zarin's father was a Lucario, and by some miracle of breeding, he inherited some of the Riolu line's unique ability to control aura. The power is still weak due to his young age, but this grants him some new abilities. He has a small amount of power over his own aura and can use it to preform a few attacks, and granted him a new ability; Steadfast. These attacks are Vacuum Wave, Zen Headbutt, Focus Blast, and a weak Aura Sphere. The Aura Sphere is not as strong as it could be if he were really a Riolu or Lucario, so it's base power is and is 70 instead of 90 costs 2% more energy.

But this breeding also deprived him of a few moves that Eevee would normally be able to use, namely Baton Pass, Trump Card, Last Resort, and Helping Hand.

Effects: Ability change to Steadfast, - Baton Pass, Trump Card, Last Resort, Helping Hand. + Vacuum Wave, Zen Headbutt, Focus Blast, Aura Sphere (70 power +2% Energy cost).

...god I hope that isn't too overpowered. x: and if you think other moves would better suit the use of aura than the ones I picked, please tell me D:

LINK

I think it might be a bit better if you balanced out the attacks you're taking off a bit more, because right now you're gaining one priority attack and three 70+ power attacks for two non-damaging moves (one of which is almost never used anyway given the preference for set-style matches) and two powerful but very situational moves. Focus Blast is also a little fiddly here as only bipedal Pokémon with hands seem to learn it. I don't know why Game Freak felt that that was a necessary condition to add when doling out that particular TM, but they did. I'm not really saying you can't give him Focus Blast, but... I'd look for something else first, unless part of Zarin's Riolu heritage is that he's also a bipedal Eevee.

Zarin himself is approved, but the moves selected need a just bit more balancing. For example, perhaps instead of Zen Headbutt he could gain Calm Mind and then lose Growth and/or Tickle for that.

Thank yee Kratos ^ ^; now let's see here... I'll hold off on Focus Blast for now, it might work better when he evolves. I replaced it with Dark Pulse; does that seem aura-y?

[Zarin] Eevee (M)
Ability:
Steadfast

Zarin's father was a Lucario, and by some miracle of breeding, he inherited some of the Riolu line's unique ability to control aura. The power is still weak due to his young age, but this grants him some new abilities. He has a small amount of power over his own aura and can use it to preform a few attacks, and granted him a new ability; Steadfast. These attacks are Vacuum Wave, Calm Mind, Dark Pulse, and a weak Aura Sphere. The Aura Sphere is not as strong as it could be if he were really a Riolu or Lucario, so it's base power is and is 70 instead of 90 costs 2% more energy.

But this breeding also deprived him of a few moves that Eevee would normally be able to use, namely Growth, Trump Card, Last Resort, and Tickle.

Effects: Ability change to Steadfast, - Growth, Trump Card, Last Resort, Tickle. + Vacuum Wave, Calm Mind, Dark Pulse, Aura Sphere (70 power +2% Energy cost).

[Adaption] Eevee (F)
Ability: Adaptability
Held Item: Water Stone
Previous Approval

Signature Move: Genetic Helix

Adaption's ancestry is pure Eeveelution. However, due to this, the concentration of genes from her evolutions is a lot higher than normal. Her body has managed to adapt to these genes, and has found a way to make them useful. She is able to draw power from them, and create a powerful attack. An orb, which changes colors (between blue, red, yellow, green, white, black, purple and icy blue), is charged in Adaption's mouth. Then a double helix extends from the orb, which also changes color, and moves at about the same speed as Will-O-Wisp. Whatever color the helix is when it hits the opponent, the entire helix and orb change to and remain that color. The color also shows what type the move has become.

Type: Varies / Stat: Special / Base Damage: 8% / Accuracy: 75% / Target: Single / Energy: 8% / Duration: 1 Action
Effects: Adaption forms an orb of color-changing energy in her mouth. Then a double helix emerges from the orb. The color of the orb and helix, when it hits the opponent, shows the type of damage, which has an equal chance of being; Normal, Fire, Water, Electricity, Psychic, Dark, Grass or Ice. The orb and helix remain for a second, before disappearing.
Usage Gap: 5 Rounds

Signature Attribute: Genetic Malfunction

Due to Adaption's mastery of her signature move, her genetics can sometimes alter suddenly. This means that in addition to her normal type, she may gain a secondary type, which is that of one of her evolutions. However, this also renders her ability useless. The lighter parts of her body also change color to match the color of the specific evolution.

Effects: There is a 15% chance that at the start of a battle, Adaption's genes will alter. This gives her a secondary type to match that of one of her evolutions. There is an equal chance of what type she will gain. However, if she does gain a second type, her genes override her ability, meaning she cannot use her ability if this attribute activates.

Thank yee Kratos ^ ^; now let's see here... I'll hold off on Focus Blast for now, it might work better when he evolves. I replaced it with Dark Pulse; does that seem aura-y?

[Zarin] Eevee (M)
Ability:
Steadfast

Zarin's father was a Lucario, and by some miracle of breeding, he inherited some of the Riolu line's unique ability to control aura. The power is still weak due to his young age, but this grants him some new abilities. He has a small amount of power over his own aura and can use it to preform a few attacks, and granted him a new ability; Steadfast. These attacks are Vacuum Wave, Calm Mind, Dark Pulse, and a weak Aura Sphere. The Aura Sphere is not as strong as it could be if he were really a Riolu or Lucario, so it's base power is and is 70 instead of 90 costs 2% more energy.

But this breeding also deprived him of a few moves that Eevee would normally be able to use, namely Growth, Trump Card, Last Resort, and Tickle.

Effects: Ability change to Steadfast, - Growth, Trump Card, Last Resort, Tickle. + Vacuum Wave, Calm Mind, Dark Pulse, Aura Sphere (70 power +2% Energy cost).
Dark pulse is acceptable, but I'm afraid that vacuum wave is another attack that can only be learned by bipedal pokémon at this point in time. You could add one more attack to Zarin to replace it, but I'm afraid it would have to be pretty weak; you're tossing pretty junky moves to get some very good ones in return as it is.

[Adaption] Eevee (F)
Previous Approval

Adaption's ancestry is pure Eeveelution. However, due to this, the concentration of genes from her evolutions is a lot higher than normal. Her body has managed to adapt to these genes, and has found a way to make them useful. She is able to draw power from them, and create a powerful attack. An orb, which changes colors (between blue, red, yellow, green, white, black, purple and icy blue), is charged in Adaption's mouth. Then a double helix extends from the orb, which also changes color, and moves at about the same speed as Will-O-Wisp. Whatever color the helix is when it hits the opponent, the entire helix and orb change to and remain that color. The color also shows what type the move has become.

Type: Varies / Stat: Special / Base Damage: 8% / Accuracy: 75% / Target: Single / Energy: 8% / Duration: 1 Action
Effects: Adaption forms an orb of color-changing energy in her mouth. Then a double helix emerges from the orb. The color of the orb and helix, when it hits the opponent, shows the type of damage, which has an equal chance of being; Normal, Fire, Water, Electricity, Psychic, Dark, Grass or Ice. The orb and helix remain for a second, before disappearing.
Usage Gap: 5 Rounds

Due to Adaption's mastery of her signature move, her genetics can sometimes alter suddenly. This means that in addition to her normal type, she may gain a secondary type, which is that of one of her evolutions. However, this also renders her ability useless. The lighter parts of her body also change color to match the color of the specific evolution.

Effects: There is a 15% chance that at the start of a battle, Adaption's genes will alter. This gives her a secondary type to match that of one of her evolutions. There is an equal chance of what type she will gain. However, if she does gain a second type, her genes override her ability, meaning she cannot use her ability if this attribute activates.
These are both okay, but... they're really very weak. For an attack of the caliber of Genetic Helix, you would only need to pay about half that energy, and you can reduce the usage gap to more like three rounds.

For the signature attribute, you can easily double the chance of activation--you're never going to see it if it's 15%. Also, "There is an equal chance of what type she will gain" would be better as "Each type has an equal chance of being selected."

Approved as written, but I would encourage you to power these up a bit.

[Zarin] Eevee (M)
Ability:
Steadfast

Zarin's father was a Lucario, and by some miracle of breeding, he inherited some of the Riolu line's unique ability to control aura. The power is still weak due to his young age, but this grants him some new abilities. He has a small amount of power over his own aura and can use it to preform a few attacks, and granted him a new ability; Steadfast. These attacks are Mind Reader, Calm Mind, Dark Pulse, and a weak Aura Sphere. The Aura Sphere is not as strong as it could be if he were really a Riolu or Lucario, so it's base power is and is 70 instead of 90 costs 2% more energy.

Effects: Ability change to Steadfast, - Growth, Trump Card, Last Resort, Tickle. + Mind Reader, Calm Mind, Dark Pulse, Aura Sphere (70 power +2% Energy cost).

*fiddles with* how's that?

[Zarin] Eevee (M)
Ability:
Steadfast

Zarin's father was a Lucario, and by some miracle of breeding, he inherited some of the Riolu line's unique ability to control aura. The power is still weak due to his young age, but this grants him some new abilities. He has a small amount of power over his own aura and can use it to preform a few attacks, and granted him a new ability; Steadfast. These attacks are Mind Reader, Calm Mind, Dark Pulse, and a weak Aura Sphere. The Aura Sphere is not as strong as it could be if he were really a Riolu or Lucario, so it's base power is and is 70 instead of 90 costs 2% more energy.

Effects: Ability change to Steadfast, - Growth, Trump Card, Last Resort, Tickle. + Mind Reader, Calm Mind, Dark Pulse, Aura Sphere (70 power +2% Energy cost).

*fiddles with* how's that?
Mmm... sure, okay. Approved.

I'm here to add to my growing family of pokemon

[Xqui] Absol (M)
Ability: Super Luck

I got this little fella here

[Adaption] Eevee (F)
Previous Approval

Type: Varies / Stat: Special / Base Damage: 8% / Accuracy: 75% / Target: Single / Energy: 4% / Duration: 1 Action
Usage Gap: 3 Actions

Effects: There is a 30% chance that at the start of a battle, Adaption's genes will alter. This gives her a secondary type to match that of one of her evolutions. Each type has an equal chance of being selected. However, if she does gain a second type, her genes override her ability, meaning she cannot use her ability if this attribute activates.

Last edited:

[Adaption] Eevee (F)
Previous Approval

Effects: There is a 30% chance that at the start of a battle, Adaption's genes will alter. This gives her a secondary type to match that of one of her evolutions. Each type has an equal chance of being selected. However, if she does gain a second type, her genes override her ability, meaning she cannot use her ability if this attribute activates.

Attribute approved. You'll have to wait on Negrek or someone for the move.

And fer me kinda sorta:

[Stratosa] Skarmory (F)

*wallet creaks open and spiders crawl out*

EDIT: Also buying

[Drake] Gible (M)
Ability: Sand Veil

new purchase link is here.

Last edited:

Mrfff. It's time to empty my wallet! *rubs hands with glee*

[Niflheim] Eevee (M) -$25
Ability: Run Away
Body mod: none
Move mod: none

[Blossom] Bulbasaur (F) -$25
Ability: Overgrow

[Khionas] Seel (F) -$10
Ability: Hydration

And the total comes to $60.

[Adaption] Eevee (F)
Previous Approval

Type: Varies / Stat: Special / Base Damage: 8% / Accuracy: 75% / Target: Single / Energy: 4% / Duration: 1 Action
Usage Gap: 3 Actions

The signature move's approved, too.
Attribute approved. You'll have to wait on Negrek or someone for the move.

And fer me kinda sorta:

[Stratosa] Skarmory (F)

*wallet creaks open and spiders crawl out*

EDIT: Also buying

[Drake] Gible (M)
Ability: Sand Veil

new purchase link is here.
Approved.

Mrfff. It's time to empty my wallet! *rubs hands with glee*

[Niflheim] Eevee (M) -$25
Ability: Run Away