• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Registration Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Registration Office

Oh, late birthday present. A Riolu.

[Neodymium] Riolu (M)
Ability: Steadfast

Thanks, Negrek :) The wrong ability doesn't bother me too much, so don't worry 'bout it.

I want my Kangaskhan back.

[The Baroness von Münchhausen] Kangaskhan (F) <Scrappy>
Signature Move: Münchausen Syndrome by Proxy

Baby Kangaskhan are sweet, adorable and pretty helpless to boot; wouldn't it just break your heart to see one coming to harm? That is exactly what Munchy is banking on as she calmly reaches into her pouch, takes out her daughter, tickles her a little, smiles at her, gives her a big hug... a very, very tight big hug around the neck. Munchy shakes and throttles her baby viciously and indeed comes very close to killing the poor little thing. Or, at least, she appears to; the baby is actually unharmed and she simply thrashes and squeals and plays along. The opponent, however, is completely convinced that Munchy is out to murder her daughter and cannot reconcile this in their mind. Kangaskhan are supposed to be fiercely protective of their offspring, and this one is trying to kill hers! And besides, who could stand to see such a cute and helpless little baby so mercilessly attacked? The opponent is thoroughly baffled by this development and in effect becomes confused. Satisfied with the mental damage she has caused, Munchy drops her daughter on the ground and continues the battle as if nothing has happened while the baby plays dead for effect; the opponent spends its next action checking to see whether she is okay. Since the baby appears to be dead, the enraged opponent promises to punish Munchy for her heinous act and can think of nothing other than beating her into a pulp for the next five actions.

At the end of the five actions the baby gets up, perfectly fine, and toddles off to the safety of the sidelines. The opponent sees that it has been fooled and calms down (presumably; I don't know, I'd still be pretty mad if I saw someone had pulled the wool over my eyes like that); it won't be fooled by the same trick again for the rest of the battle.

Type: Normal / Damage Type: Other / Energy: 7% / Accuracy: 90% / Effects: Opponent forfeits their next action to check on the baby and then is considered confused and taunted for the next five actions / Duration: Total six actions / Usage Gap: Once per battle

Same move was approved before, so I just needed to add the energy cost.
Approved.

Oh, late birthday present. A Riolu.

[Neodymium] Riolu (M)
Ability: Steadfast

Thanks, Negrek :) The wrong ability doesn't bother me too much, so don't worry 'bout it.
Approved.

mmmm. I'm getting a Budew, please-and-thankyou

[Cookie] Budew (F)
Ability:
Battle Armour
Body Mod: Full Metal

Cookie was born quite different from most of her kind; She lacked the Poison type common to the Budew line, and instead was part Steel instead. This was attributed to the fact that there were Mawile a few generations back in her family tree. She lacks a few things that most of her kind have; the Poison type, of course, a few poison attacks, and the Poison Point ability. Instead she can use steel attacks and has the ability 'Battle Armour'.

Effects: Cookie is a Steel/Grass type. Ability changed to Battle Armour. - Sludge Bomb + Iron Head.

...This is not based on anyone noooope.

I have a question. Can I add a Body Mod or a Move mod after said Pokemon was bought? And two, can 1 pokemon get more then one move mod?

mmmm. I'm getting a Budew, please-and-thankyou

[Cookie] Budew (F)
Ability:
Battle Armour
Body Mod: Full Metal

Cookie was born quite different from most of her kind; She lacked the Poison type common to the Budew line, and instead was part Steel instead. This was attributed to the fact that there were Mawile a few generations back in her family tree. She lacks a few things that most of her kind have; the Poison type, of course, a few poison attacks, and the Poison Point ability. Instead she can use steel attacks and has the ability 'Battle Armour'.

Effects: Cookie is a Steel/Grass type. Ability changed to Battle Armour. - Sludge Bomb + Iron Head.

...This is not based on anyone noooope.
Approved.

I have a question. Can I add a Body Mod or a Move mod after said Pokemon was bought? And two, can 1 pokemon get more then one move mod?
You may add modifications after the pokémon has been bought, yes. And no, you get only one move modification and one body modification per pokémon.

Uh.. I forgot what I was gonna get >:/

[Ruya] Sableye (F)
Ability: Keen Eye

BLAM
Approved.

I would like a Body Mod for my Scyther.

When born, he was born black, instead of green, and has red undersides and red eyes. At a young age he was teased and bullied relentlessly. But especially 3 certain Scythers. One day he vowed to do horrible, gory, and disturbing things to them (Similar to what Jack the Ripper did). So he trained relentlessly and one day, he challenged them all to 1vs1 consecutive duels. On the third match, he was easily beating him, so the first 2 got up, ignoring th pain, they attacked him. And for humiliating them, they decided to get rid of him... for good. But he still wanted to kill them, so he prayed, knowing that it would be fruitless. But he was heard, and answered. By Darkrai. He granted him more power. Nightslice, unknown of his new benefactor, suddenly was surged with dark power, which he used to defeat them, but then they ran away. Nevertheless, he smirked, with the new power he gained.

My ASB Profile

When born, he was born black, instead of green, and has red undersides and red eyes. At a young age he was teased and bullied relentlessly. But especially 3 certain Scythers. One day he vowed to do horrible, gory, and disturbing things to them (Similar to what Jack the Ripper did). So he trained relentlessly and one day, he challenged them all to 1vs1 consecutive duels. On the third match, he was easily beating him, so the first 2 got up, ignoring th pain, they attacked him. And for humiliating them, they decided to get rid of him... for good. But he still wanted to kill them, so he prayed, knowing that it would be fruitless. But he was heard, and answered. By Darkrai. He granted him more power. Nightslice, unknown of his new benefactor, suddenly was surged with dark power, which he used to defeat them, but then they ran away. Nevertheless, he smirked, with the new power he gained.

My ASB Profile

I think you need to review the rules for signature modifications a little more carefully. First of all, it was suggested that people not resort to "oh, a legendary did it" as the reason for their Pokémon's unusual abilities. And second... what are those abilities? All you said is "dark power", which is too vague to be approvable. Was Nightslice's type changed to Dark? He can't have three types, so you'd have to lose his Bug-type, his Flying-type, or both and just make him straight Dark-type. Does he gain Dark-type moves? Which ones? And since he can't just get free extra moves without penalty, which moves does he lose to make room for the new ones? You need to define a set of effects, and then it's really helpful if you add a second section after the description that restates and clarifies them without any of the fluff. Look at some of the other modifications people have gotten approved to see the format and clarity that I'm talking about (Full Metal Cookies's Budew higher up on the page is a good place to start), and then try again.

And your profile link isn't necessary, but you still need to state the Pokémon's species, nickname, gender, ability and all of that in the same format you used when getting it approved the first time.

When born, he was born black, instead of green, and has red undersides and red eyes. At a young age he was teased and bullied relentlessly. But especially 3 certain Scythers. One day he vowed to do horrible, gory, and disturbing things to them (Similar to what Jack the Ripper did). So he trained relentlessly and one day, he challenged them all to 1vs1 consecutive duels. On the third match, he was easily beating him, so the first 2 got up, ignoring th pain, they attacked him. And for humiliating them, they decided to get rid of him... for good. But he still wanted to kill them, so he prayed, knowing that it would be fruitless. But he was heard, and answered. By Darkrai. He granted him more power. Nightslice, unknown of his new benefactor, suddenly was surged with dark power, which he used to defeat them, but then they ran away. Nevertheless, he smirked, with the new power he gained
Sorry for that. My Internet kept crashing every time I tried to preview my post.
Anyway after the 3rd time I tried to type it up, I kept on forgetting some parts.
So his abilities is just a 5% increase in Dark moves and Attack/Sp. Attack. But a 5% penalty in defense/Sp. Defense
Oh, and if the the reason is not good enough, then you don't have to approve it.

AHAHAHAHahah need 'nother sig move for my dark/ghost types.

WARNING THIS CONTAINS LINKS TO TV TROPES DO NOT CLICK ON ANYTHING IF YOU WANT TO GET ANYTHING DONE TODAY

[Ruya] Sableye (F)
Sig Attribute/Body Mod: Dangerously Genre Savvy Skeptical

Well, Ruya has always been rather skeptical and cynical of things, as well as being.. slightly insane. Or seeming to be slightly insane. Ruya believes she is only one character in some story, possibly her own story, maybe her Trainer's story, or for all she knows just an opponent in a battle against the main character. She sees people controlled by the puppet masters, and listen to people who say that it's 'not what it looks like'. Ruya knows to avoid the creepy old guy with free lolipops and to stay the hell inside when there's an ax murderer on the loose, or to investigate creepy noises when- well, you get the point.

Anyways, Ruya is a suspicious and cynical little Sableye, and so, doesn't trust easily and is always somewhat cynical of her orders. She will sometimes just not listen to her Trainer, though during this time she will do something somewhat productive. She does not know of this thing you call love, and so does not get attracted or even.. know.. what you're talking about. Instead, Ruya's learned a few more underhead tricks in their place.

Effects: Ruya has a 10% chance of not listening to her Trainer, and instead using Nasty Plot. She can't become attracted, and so has learned a few more dirty tricks.
-Attract, Captivate, Return
+Beat Up, Fake Tears, Night Slash

Sorry for that. My Internet kept crashing every time I tried to preview my post.
Anyway after the 3rd time I tried to type it up, I kept on forgetting some parts.
So his abilities is just a 5% increase in Dark moves and Attack/Sp. Attack. But a 5% penalty in defense/Sp. Defense
Oh, and if the the reason is not good enough, then you don't have to approve it.
Please incorporate your explanations into the move itself and repost it for review.

AHAHAHAHahah need 'nother sig move for my dark/ghost types.

WARNING THIS CONTAINS LINKS TO TV TROPES DO NOT CLICK ON ANYTHING IF YOU WANT TO GET ANYTHING DONE TODAY

[Ruya] Sableye (F)
Sig Attribute/Body Mod: Dangerously Genre Savvy Skeptical

Well, Ruya has always been rather skeptical and cynical of things, as well as being.. slightly insane. Or seeming to be slightly insane. Ruya believes she is only one character in some story, possibly her own story, maybe her Trainer's story, or for all she knows just an opponent in a battle against the main character. She sees people controlled by the puppet masters, and listen to people who say that it's 'not what it looks like'. Ruya knows to avoid the creepy old guy with free lolipops and to stay the hell inside when there's an ax murderer on the loose, or to investigate creepy noises when- well, you get the point.

Anyways, Ruya is a suspicious and cynical little Sableye, and so, doesn't trust easily and is always somewhat cynical of her orders. She will sometimes just not listen to her Trainer, though during this time she will do something somewhat productive. She does not know of this thing you call love, and so does not get attracted or even.. know.. what you're talking about. Instead, Ruya's learned a few more underhead tricks in their place.

Effects: Ruya has a 10% chance of not listening to her Trainer, and instead using Nasty Plot. She can't become attracted, and so has learned a few more dirty tricks.
The whole "doesn't know what love is" thing seems to come out of nowhere; it's pretty unrelated to all the rest of the description and makes up the bulk of her modification's effects. Either tie together genre-savviness and... sadism... somehow, or remove one or the other of the components.

^Genre savvy is a fail joke, it doesn't actually mean.. anyways.

[Ruya] Sableye (F)
Sig Attribute/Body Mod: Dangerously Skeptical

Anyways, Ruya is a suspicious and cynical little Sableye, and so, doesn't trust easily and is always somewhat cynical of her orders. She will sometimes just not listen to her Trainer, though during this time she will do something somewhat productive. She does not know of this thing you call love and pretty much believes that her only point in life is fighting in little pointless battles for the amusement of her Trainer, and so does not get attracted or even.. know.. what you're talking about. Instead, Ruya's learned a few more underhead tricks in their place.

Italicized^

I'm just not seeing how "believes her only purpose in life is fighting pointless battles for her trainer" and "ignores her trainer's commands" connect; the genre savviness isn't what bothered me, it's that it doesn't relate to the rest of the description very well. If you can explain how genre savviness has made her not know what love is (without conflicting the rest of the move) or the reverse, it's fine; as it is, it just feels like you decided on two different effects you wanted and then tried to glue them together with a description.

No, she doesn't care to know about what love is, and believes her only purpose is to fight for her Trainer, though she may not want to. ..I should put that in.

[Ruya] Sableye (F)
Sig Attribute/Body Mod: Dangerously Skeptical

Anyways, Ruya is a suspicious and cynical little Sableye, and so, doesn't trust easily and is always somewhat cynical of her orders. She will sometimes just not listen to her Trainer, though during this time she will do something somewhat productive. She does not know of this thing you call love and pretty much believes that her only point in life is fighting in little pointless battles for the amusement of her Trainer, and so doesn't feel love is important, or care to learn about love. Though she believes fighting for her Trainer is her purpose, she may not think her orders are the best, inexperienced as her Trainer is. In the hole where her heart would be, Ruya's learned a few more underhand tricks.

Better? No? :<

The Union claims victory once more, and fighter Phanel has earned enough experience to allow him to ascend to his final developmental stage and unleash his true potential.

5 exp + 3 experience = 8 exp-- does the Union need to provide links to the rest of the five experience points he has earned, or is it possible to simply visit the Union's profile and see for yourself? We don't believe in wasting time.

Alakazam Phanel (M) [Synchronize]

And along with his final evolution, he has obtained a signature move.

Signature Move: Tortured Souls of the Dragonslayer

Phanel is more than a little insane. He believes himself to be destined to destroy the entirety of the Dragon element, and indeed has fought against many of them (Gible, Gabite, and Bagon for the Union, and many more before he joined.) His method of killing was not traditional sword-through-the-heart-style, but rather more devious: he would trap their minds in an alternate dimension.

Before his final stage of evolution, Phanel could only send minds to the dimension, and not during battle: he had to have his opponents fainted, and completely at his mercy. But with his evolution to Alakazam came complete understanding of the dimension, and now he is able to call upon the souls trapped within it and force them to do his bidding. They manifest as wisps of concentrated Dragon energy that pour from a portal Phanel opens in midair, and will savage anything they find that is alive until Phanel calls them back. Calling upon the dimension takes a massive toll on Phanel, however, in both energy and health.

Type: Dragon / Damage Type: Special / Base Damage: 20% per action / Energy: 15% per action / Accuracy: 90% / Effects: Unleashes dragon spirits unto the battlefield that attack anything living, or indeed anything that moves. Phanel can keep it open for up to 2 actions but pays 10% health for every action it is open. He then takes an action to close it, during which he cannot do anything else. / Duration: 2-3 actions / Usage Gap: Once per battle

[Simba] Shinx (M)
Ability: Intimidate
Experience: 1
Approval
Signature Attribute: Ancient Species

Simba is actually a reanimated Pokemon, recreated from a fossil found in the Sinnoh Underground. However, the fossil was from an ancestor of Shinx, a Shinxilodon, a close family relative, with a key difference. Shinxilodon have a pair of large saber-like teeth. The longest recorded length of a Shinxilodon's canine teeth is 3.5 inches. However, the Shinxilodon's natural instincts are also present.

Effects: Simba is a Shinxilodon. An ancestor of Shinx with two large canine teeth. All attacks that involve Simba using his fangs/teeth, have their damage increased by 1%. However, when Simba's health and/or energy falls below 5%, he has a 75% chance of ignoring orders and using a random biting attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom