• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Registration Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Registration Office

So, there are jewels that increases the the power of a certain type of attack. That pretty much replaces half my move. Oh well. It was too complicated anyway.

_______

Dia has loved his jewels for a long time. He has gained such a huge collection, yet no one but him has actually figured out where he keeps them. In Jewel Scatter, he gathers three separate treats of his and throws them around, wildly hitting his opponents and scattering them around the arena. His aim is horrible, though, and he would never be able to make sure all his targets all hit their mark.

Dia's jewels are expensive, but endless munching on them has lowered their worth. Therefore, no matter where you try to sell them, you can never expect more than $3. Even so, Dia's trainer has accepted that and may call on Dia hand over a jewel to sell.

Enemy pokemon may also steal the jewels and make a profit for their trainer.

[Dia] Sableye (Male)
Ability: Stall
Move Mod: Jewel Scatter
Normal/Physical/ 3% per hit/ 60%/ Multiple Targets/5%/ Once per battle
Dia throws three of his jewels at each opponent. Any pokemon may pick up a gem to sell to their trainer, earning them $3. However, Dia will become enraged, giving him an attack increase of +1 and an accuracy decrease of -1. He will only attack that pokemon for three rounds. After that his accuracy will go back to normal and so will his attack, unless he had a previous modifier on one of those stats. If so, it will go back to its previous state. (So if Dia had +2 attack before he got enraged, he will have +3 attack while enraged and +2 when he gets back to normal.)

Dia will only bring one gem to sell per battle, and so will an enemy pokemon, out of courtesy. A jewel is worth $3.

Approved.

So, there are jewels that increases the the power of a certain type of attack. That pretty much replaces half my move. Oh well. It was too complicated anyway.

_______

Dia has loved his jewels for a long time. He has gained such a huge collection, yet no one but him has actually figured out where he keeps them. In Jewel Scatter, he gathers three separate treats of his and throws them around, wildly hitting his opponents and scattering them around the arena. His aim is horrible, though, and he would never be able to make sure all his targets all hit their mark.

Dia's jewels are expensive, but endless munching on them has lowered their worth. Therefore, no matter where you try to sell them, you can never expect more than $3. Even so, Dia's trainer has accepted that and may call on Dia hand over a jewel to sell.

[Dia] Sableye (Male)
Dia throws three of his jewels at each opponent. Any pokemon may pick up a gem to sell to their trainer, earning them $3. However, Dia will become enraged, giving him an attack increase of +1 and an accuracy decrease of -1. He will only attack that pokemon for three rounds. After that his accuracy will go back to normal and so will his attack, unless he had a previous modifier on one of those stats. If so, it will go back to its previous state. (So if Dia had +2 attack before he got enraged, he will have +3 attack while enraged and +2 when he gets back to normal.)

Dia will only bring one gem to sell per battle, and so will an enemy pokemon, out of courtesy. A jewel is worth $3.
The attack description should go between the name and the move stats.

Does it take a full action for a pokémon to pick up a gem? Is the attack increase/accuracy decrease one level per gem the opponent steals, or is it a one-time-only kind of thing? What happens if a different opponent steals a gem while Dia is already fixed on the first?

Not sure what the last sentence means. How can Dia throw three of his gems if he only brings one to the battle? And how can an opponent bring a gem to sell?

Changed.

_________

[Dia] Sableye (Male)

Dia throws three of his jewels at each opponent. Any pokemon may pick up a gem to sell to their trainer, earning them $3. However, Dia will become enraged, giving him an attack increase of +1 and an accuracy decrease of -1. He will only attack that pokemon for three rounds. After that his accuracy will go back to normal and so will his attack, unless he had a previous modifier on one of those stats. If so, it will go back to its previous state. (So if Dia had +2 attack before he got enraged, he will have +3 attack while enraged and +2 when he gets back to normal.) If another pokemon steals a gem while Dia is fixated on another, he will not notice and continue attacking whoever captured his attention first. Since he does not notice, his stats will remain the same as if only the first jewel was stolen, with the additional +1 attack and -1 accuracy on top of all other previous alterations (So, if during the previous situation, another opponent steals a gem, Dia will still have +3 attack and -1 accuracy and will continue to attack the original thief). It takes one action to pick up a gem and take it to a trainer. If the pokemon that takes a jewel is on his team, then he will not be angry at them. ( So if Dia is in a double battle with a ralts on his team, and the ralts takes a gem, then Dia will not be enraged at the ralts.)

Dia can only earn his trainer $3, and so will an enemy pokemon, as their trainer will inevitably nag them for stealing such a seemingly valuable item. Once any pokemon on a team has took a jewel, no other one on that team can.(Dia or any other pokemon may only bring one gem to a trainer. That will earn them $3, and no other pokemon on that team may take another jewel.) (So if Dia is in a double battle with a ralts on his team, and Dia sells a gem, then the ralts may not take a gem.)

Last edited:

Dat starting team.

[Hell is That Noise] Skorupi (Male)
Ability: Sniper
Cost: $15

[Sneakman] Zangoose (Male)
Ability: Immunity

[Goliath the Soothsayer] Vulpix (Female)
Ability: Flash Fire
Cost: $10

[Float Like a Bulldozer...] Swablu (Female)
Ability: Natural Cure
Cost: $5

$45 - $45 = $0

Dat starting team.

[Hell is That Noise] Skorupi (Male)
Ability: Sniper

[Sneakman] Zangoose (Male)
Ability: Immunity

[Goliath the Soothsayer] Vulpix (Female)
Ability: Flash Fire
Cost: $10

[Float Like a Bulldozer...] Swablu (Female)
Ability: Natural Cure
Cost: $5

$45 - $45 = $0

Approved.

I have a question.

If I had a Magikarp, could I give it a ridiculously powerful sig attribute to make up for the fact that it only learns 4 moves?

(Shiny)
[Ferno] Charmander (Male)
Ability: Blaze

Signature Move: Krow Kontrol

Crows like shiny things. It's a well-known fact. And for Ferno, since he is alternately colored, he occasionally sparkles and shines. This attracts crows around him. When his trainer trainer discovered this, they figured it could be used to Ferno's advantage.

They came to create Ferno's signature move, Krow Kontrol. Ferno takes and action and points a finger to the air and sparkles. When the crows start circling he point at his opponent. The opponent then recieves the Marked status ailment. Every other round, the target is attacked by crows on the last action and loses 1/10 of their max Hp. They cannont attack because they are fighting and attempting to felect the crows.

Type: Dark / Stat: Status / Damage: None / Accuracy: 100% / Target: Single / Energy: 8%
Effects: Ferno attracts the attention of a lot of crows by sparkling and points his finger in the air. The crows begin to circle above and Ferno lowers his finger to point at the enemy. The enemy becomes Marked, and every other round, starting on the round of use, the crows attack the target, casuing them to lose the last action, and 1/10 of their max HP. It is transfered by Baton Pass but not by switching.
Usage Gap Limit: Twice a Battle

Too much damage?
Doesn't make sense?

(Shiny)

Crows like shiny things. It's a well-known fact. And for Ferno, since he is alternately colored, he occasionally sparkles and shines. This attracts crows around him. When his trainer trainer discovered this, they figured it could be used to Ferno's advantage.

They came to create Ferno's signature move, Krow Kontrol. Ferno takes and action and points a finger to the air and sparkles. When the crows start circling he point at his opponent. The opponent then recieves the Marked status ailment. Every other round, the target is attacked by crows on the last action and loses 1/10 of their max Hp. They cannont attack because they are fighting and attempting to felect the crows.

Type: Dark / Stat: Status / Damage: None / Accuracy: 100% / Target: Single / Energy: 8%
Effects: Ferno attracts the attention of a lot of crows by sparkling and points his finger in the air. The crows begin to circle above and Ferno lowers his finger to point at the enemy. The enemy becomes Marked, and every other round, starting on the round of use, the crows attack the target, casuing them to lose the last action, and 1/10 of their max HP. It is transfered by Baton Pass but not by switching.
Usage Gap Limit: Twice a Battle

Too much damage?
Doesn't make sense?

Far far /far/ too overpowered. This is practically like a delayed Curse without the 50% health loss, and besides that the target loses an action every two rounds. Have it fade after a brief amount of time and add a small health cost - perhaps the crows attack Ferno before they attack the opponent? Also, change it so that it is only usable once per battle.

Besides that, I think the description could use a bit more work. I'm not entirely sure why the crows would obey Ferno instead of continuing to attack him, what with him still being shiny and all.

(Shiny)

They came to create Ferno's signature move, Krow Kontrol. Ferno takes and action and points a finger to the air and sparkles. When the crows start circling hm, he makes two Cuts to form a small X at his opponent, leaving some of his sparkles on them, to attracts the crows attention. The opponent then recieves the Marked status ailment. The crows then attack Ferno for 1/8 of his max HP, and then, every other round, the target is attacked by crows on the last action and loses 1/10 of their max Hp. They cannont attack because they are fighting and attempting to delect the crows. After 8 rounds ((4 attacks)) the crows get bored and fly away.

Effects: Ferno attracts the attention of a lot of crows by sparkling and points his finger in the air. The crows begin to circle above and Ferno lowers his finger to scratch the enemy to leave an X. The corows hurt Ferno for 1/8 his max HP. The enemy becomes Marked, and every other round, starting on the round of use, the crows attack the target, casuing them to lose the last action, and 1/10 of their max HP, fading after 8 rounds. It is transfered by Baton Pass but not by switching.
Usage Gap Limit: Once a Battle

Too much damage?
Doesn't make sense?

Okay, as we all know TCoD's went down and most of my links are all down, so I can't use any of the links in my profile. As a result, I'm going to have to skip posting the original approval link.

[Godot] Seedot M (Chlorophyll)

+2 exp.

[Godot] Nuzleaf M (Chlorophyll)

Okay, as we all know TCoD's went down and most of my links are all down, so I can't use any of the links in my profile. As a result, I'm going to have to skip posting the original approval link.

+2 exp.

You can always just change the "http://dragonflycave.com/forums" bit to "http://www.tcodforums.eeveeshq.com".

I could also write my NaNoWriMo novel in one day, but I'm not going to for the same reason: I'm lazy.

The battle experience I've posted proves I participated with a legally gained mon. I don't see why I need to find the approval when the experience proves I've already had him approved.

+2 exp.

Approved.

(...you don't need the approval link for the original pokémon and never have in the first place.)

You... don't? Huh, I remembered otherwise. Cool!

My question about whether or not I could give a Magikarp a powerful sig move provided that I don't let it evolve still stands. (You let Dwagie give one of her nine-thousand-plus-one Riolus a sig attribute with that drawback; I'd dare say that what ultimately amounts to a bizarre joke attack on a Pokemon capable of learning four moves wouldn't be that much of a stretch.)

Just a quick question here... 3 rounds?.. Do you mean 3 actions, by chance? Because 3 rounds seems.. excessive. Unless I'm mistaken, its pretty much a bug-typed Sandstorm with minor tweaks, sandstorm having no delay, that long a wait would really put it way under the canon weathers, since one could immediately cancel it with their own (nearly everything learns Rain Dance) and leave me without it for a whole 3 rounds. (Which is a huge gap, in an offensive match it's often enough a 'Mon faints.)

((Also, Bug-typed Weather Ball makes me imagine a 'Mon firing a ball made of BEEEEEEEEEES. I must thank you for pointing this out. x3 ))
Late response is late. No, I meant rounds. Signature moves are not designed to be used frequently--they're supposed to be kind of special, difficult to pull off/splashy effects that a pokémon can't keep using over and over like the more "mundane" attacks.

(Shiny)

They came to create Ferno's signature move, Krow Kontrol. Ferno takes and action and points a finger to the air and sparkles. When the crows start circling hm, he makes two Cuts to form a small X at his opponent, leaving some of his sparkles on them, to attracts the crows attention. The opponent then recieves the Marked status ailment. The crows then attack Ferno for 1/8 of his max HP, and then, every other round, the target is attacked by crows on the last action and loses 1/10 of their max Hp. They cannont attack because they are fighting and attempting to delect the crows. After 8 rounds ((4 attacks)) the crows get bored and fly away.

Effects: Ferno attracts the attention of a lot of crows by sparkling and points his finger in the air. The crows begin to circle above and Ferno lowers his finger to scratch the enemy to leave an X. The corows hurt Ferno for 1/8 his max HP. The enemy becomes Marked, and every other round, starting on the round of use, the crows attack the target, casuing them to lose the last action, and 1/10 of their max HP, fading after 8 rounds. It is transfered by Baton Pass but not by switching.
Usage Gap Limit: Once a Battle

Too much damage?
Doesn't make sense?
Too powerful and doesn't make sense, yes. I don't see why the crows wouldn't just keep on attacking Ferno, even if the target is marked--he's obviously still going to be way sparklier than his opponent. How is the mark baton passed? And more to the point, I don't see how this could be used in an arena where crows couldn't feasibly be around.

You... don't? Huh, I remembered otherwise. Cool!

My question about whether or not I could give a Magikarp a powerful sig move provided that I don't let it evolve still stands. (You let Dwagie give one of her nine-thousand-plus-one Riolus a sig attribute with that drawback; I'd dare say that what ultimately amounts to a bizarre joke attack on a Pokemon capable of learning four moves wouldn't be that much of a stretch.)
Not unless you can come up with some way to justify a notoriously weak pokémon like magikarp to use some ridiculous over-the-top move. There are definitely workable ways I can think of, but if you're just going to slap it with something crazy for the lulz, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom