• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Team Regulations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Team Regulations

Oh! A question... I bought a Sig move for my Glaceon from you, Negrek, would he keep it? or not?

(I hope this is the right place to ask?)

Yeah, old copies of reffings are definitely okay, and if there's someone who can otherwise vouch for you having had something, you'll probably be okay with claiming it unless I have reason to suspect you. In general, though, I don't know to what extent people besides those who would have reason to keep records, like referees, will really be any help in that regard. Certainly I wouldn't remember what I'd given people as gifts, with the exception f a couple, last year without my random shopping list that I saved for some reason.

ASB really does work primarily on the honor system, but I'm still not really comfortable with people posting up a bunch of pokémon and being all, "Kay here's all the stuff I had I want back."
I had meant that maybe people could post lists of Pokemon and being all like, "okay so I had this, can anyone vouch for this" but :/

Even if people aren't always keeping records of things, people might still remember some of it. Or not. It wouldn't really work for people to try to get all of their stuff back, but I think it'd work for some of it maybe....

Full Metal Cookies

I don't have it written down anywhere, no, but I recall vaguely what it was about (something to do with creating a dome of ice?). I could probably recreate it if you wanted me to.

surskitty

I had meant that maybe people could post lists of Pokemon and being all like, "okay so I had this, can anyone vouch for this" but :/
Ah, I see. Yeah, people could give that a shot if they'd like.

This is all I found for you:

http://z8.invisionfree.com/tcodboard/index.php?showtopic=7768&view=findpost&p=9444484
http://z8.invisionfree.com/tcodboard/index.php?showtopic=7768&view=findpost&p=9444484
http://z8.invisionfree.com/tcodboard/index.php?showtopic=7768&view=findpost&p=9662915
http://z8.invisionfree.com/tcodboard/index.php?showtopic=7768&view=findpost&p=9665351

Hey, thanks. I think that includes most of the Pokemon where I wasn't entirely sure how I got it....

OKAY SO I can't remember if someone already suggested this, but how about a subforum for profiles and have people keep track of their own stuff but provide links to where things got approved and so forth? So if someone was like "okay so how did that happen", they could easily go check their profile for links to the Team Approval Center and whatever else. It'd be slightly more work for any given person, but it wouldn't be a burden on anyone else.

Full Metal Cookies

I don't have it written down anywhere, no, but I recall vaguely what it was about (something to do with creating a dome of ice?). I could probably recreate it if you wanted me to.

I think I might have it saved somewhere, actualy... I'd be able to check when I get back to my own computer.

surskitty

I'm not sure that there would be a great advantage to creating a subforum specifically for profiles. What are the benefits to this, aside from the fact that threads could easily be alphabetized? Battlers would be required to put a link to their profile when issuing and accepting a challenge so that a referee could get at their active squad anyway, so in most cases, it's not even like a third party would have to go looking for them.

With regards to requiring link documentation in profiles: this is something I see as being much more important in something like an InvisionFree forum where the lack of search features is, as I'm rediscovering, sucky. But with all the search power of vBulletin, it only takes a couple of seconds to look up posts where a person would have gotten something approved (or their lack). It wouldn't be a huge inconvenience for people to stick their approval links in their profiles, I should hope, but neither would it be a huge inconvenience to dredge them up in the event that they needed to be found, which I don't think they would be very often.

Neither are bad suggestions, but I'm not seeing what they would really accomplish.

OKAY SO I had a list of questions from, like, two days ago but then my internet was an asshole and died right as I was posting them. So I ask now, mkay?

Under the list of Pokémon that evolve once but at level ~40, you listed Glalie. You mean Snorunt, right?

Does King's Rock not evolve Poliwhirl anymore?

Assuming we bring back the Dex Registry, how are those Pokémon going to work? Will they all have their own special rarities or just fit in wherever they'd make sense (so Spraylet would fall in roughly with the rarity seven group)? Can we create Pokémon with special evolution conditions now? (I know this isn't a top priority, but I figured I'd ask now before I forgot.)

Um that's all I can think of atm, but otherwise I like the way this looks.

Fixed the mistakes and added a small blurb on evolving nincada:

Nincada will evolve into ninjask as normal with three battles' worth of experience. However, if the trainer wishes to claim a shedinja as well as the evolved ninjask, they must pay an additional $30 at the time that their ninjask evolves. Shedinja is considered a first-stage rarity seven pokémon.

With regards to new species creation, the rules will be altered considerably. Most new species will be rarity seven or eight, on the grounds that they have, after all, never been seen before. You may choose to require special evolution conditions.

Absol is rarity eight? *sigh* I guess I'll be investing in a dark type for my team after all; Kiba will be in that PC for a while.

Still, I like that new PC rule, and I'm as excited as ever over this. But the evolution rules are confusing me a little.

Pokémon that evolve by level fall into several different categories.

If a pokémon evolves twice and by level the first time, the first evolution requires participation in two battles to complete UNLESS that pokémon falls into one of the following two groups: while the second requires participation in a further three UNLESS the pokémon falls into one of these two groups:

Group 1: Zubat, Oddish, Poliwag, Bellsprout, Geodude, Beldum, Ralts, Gastly, Whismur, Machop
Group 2: Spheal, Horsea, Swinub, Magnemite, Trapinch, Aron, Dratini, Larvitar, Gible, Bagon, Rhyhorn, Elekid, Magby, Duskull

Members of group one require three battles to complete their first evolution, and those in group two require four.

If a pokémon evolves twice and evolves by level the second time, it must participate in four battles in its middle stage in order to reach its final evolution UNLESS it is among one of the following:

Lairon, Gabite, Loudred, Vibrava, Sealeo, Shelgon, Metang, Pupitar

These pokémon require five battles to reach their final evolution.

Something just isn't making sense here for me. First you say that the first evolution takes two battles and the second evolution takes three, then list exceptions and what it takes for them to reach their first stage, but say nothing about the second.

The main reason that I'm confused is that right after that, you say that if the pokemon evolves twice and evolves by level the second time, it takes four battles, with the exception of another species list. No one else has said anything about it, so I'm guessing that I'm reading it incorrectly, but to me it sounds like you're contradicting yourself. Can I get a clarification of the rules here, please?

Sure. The two groups listed below the "first evolution of a three-stage chain" apply only to that first evolution. There are some pokémon that fall into one of those two groups, but then do not evolve at such a high level to reach their final stage that they're put into the subset listed under the "second evolution of a three-stage chain." In fact, the majority of them reach their third stage by a special method rather than leveling up, so they have different requirements anyway.

So, some examples:

1. Charmander evolving to charmeleon. Charmander's not listed in either group one or group two, so it needs two battles. Charmeleon evolving to charizard. Charmeleon isn't on the list of pokémon that require extra experience at this stage, so it requires four battles to complete its second evolution. Thus, charmander -> charmeleon -> charizard is six battles total.

2. Ralts evolving to kirlia. Ralts is listed as "Group 1," so it needs three battles to complete this evolution. Kirlia evolving to gardevoir. Kirlia is not called out among pokémon that need extra experience at their second stage, so it requires four battles to evolve. Thus, ralts -> kirlia -> gardevoir is seven battles total.

3. Aron evolving to lairon. Aron is listed as "Group 2," so it needs four battles to complete this evolution. Lairon evolving to aggron. Lairon is listed as requiring extra battle experience to evolve, so it needs five battles to complete this evolution. Thus, aron -> lairon -> aggron is nine battles total.

Does that make sense?

Thank you, Negrek, for the clarification. But if that's how it works, then that leads me to ask what the part in bold in this quote is supposed to be referring to.

If a pokémon evolves twice and by level the first time, the first evolution requires participation in two battles to complete UNLESS that pokémon falls into one of the following two groups: while the second requires participation in a further three UNLESS the pokémon falls into one of these two groups:

You've just confirmed for me that a second evolution by level requires four battles and not three unless the pokemon is a stated exception. Is the part I've put in bold not referring to a middle-to-final evolution by level? If it isn't, I think it may need rewording.

Ah, my bad; that was an artifact from an earlier draft that didn't get deleted. I'll be taking it out, then.

Oh, okay. Good to know I wasn't misinterpreting something.

I have some questions regarding the PC rule (these should be the last questions I ask in this thread):

If you take a starter for the rarity three price starting out, is it still considered a rarity seven for the PC?

Do you have to enter a contest with a member of your active team like with battles, or can you enter pokemon from your PC?

I notice that Budew is considered a rarity one, while Roselia is priced as a rarity four. Does that mean that if you buy a Budew and evolve it, it's considered a rarity four for the PC, rather than an evolved rarity one?

I notice that evolution plays a part in the rule. Does that mean that if you have a high-rarity pokemon on your team, you can't withdraw an evolved lower-rarity pokemon unless the one on your team is evolved, no matter how large the gap in rarity?

If you take a starter for the rarity three price starting out, is it still considered a rarity seven for the PC?
Yes.

Do you have to enter a contest with a member of your active team like with battles, or can you enter pokemon from your PC?
Contests can only be entered with members of your active squad.

I notice that Budew is considered a rarity one, while Roselia is priced as a rarity four. Does that mean that if you buy a Budew and evolve it, it's considered a rarity four for the PC, rather than an evolved rarity one?
Roselia shouldn't be on the list at all, so I'll go and change that. Budew's evolutions are rarity-one evolutions.

I notice that evolution plays a part in the rule. Does that mean that if you have a high-rarity pokemon on your team, you can't withdraw an evolved lower-rarity pokemon unless the one on your team is evolved, no matter how large the gap in rarity?
Nope. Two jumps in rarity is equal to one stage of evolution. So, if you had a rarity eight in your party, you could traffic in the baseforms of all rarities, stage one pokémon of rarity six or below, and stage two pokémon of rarity four or below.

I don't mind the questions; usually they illuminate something I hadn't thought of, or hadn't thought through fully.

I know they were hush-hush secret-secret and so forgive me for asking this here, but do Clan Wars battles count towards recovery? I kinda want my Salamence back, too, and that's the only "official" record of her there is.

And if so, is there any possibility of a discount based on repeat species?

Kratos Aurion

I should have a record of that, so it works.

rock-ground

You can get part of it back for free. However, after that you will need to pay, the amount varying dependent upon how rare your pokémon were.

ETA: surskitty

Not likely, sorry.

In General

It looks as though it'll take me about two more days to put everything back together. In order to get things up and running as fast as possible when people return, I thought I'd start getting some approvers together now. So, with that in mind, what I'm looking for are the following:

Bank Staff x3

Members of the bank staff keep track of people's money for them and are in charge of opening new accounts or resetting those of people who wish to start over. Pay is $8/week.

Team Approvers x2

Verify that people have obtained the pokémon on their team legally. Pay is $5/week.

Sig Move Approvers x2

Consider whether submitted signature moves are balanced enough for use and suggest appropriate alterations if they're not. This position requires that you pass a test before you can take power. Pay is $8/week.

Signature Attribute Approvers

Signature attributes are new in ASB, and their brokenness can be difficult to gauge. This position is new and also requires you to pass a test to take it on. Pay is $10/week.

Business Approvers x2

Consider proposals for new businesses, set overheads and start-up costs. Pay is $8/week.

New Species Approvers x1

A fairly simple job, as the guidelines for new species creation are very straightforward and thorough. Check to make sure that submitted species are within regulations. Pay is $5/week.

Please PM me if you're interested in a position.

Last edited:

rock-ground

You can get part of it back for free. However, after that you will need to pay, the amount varying dependent upon how rare your pokémon were.

My old team was as follows:

Charmander
Larvitar
Cubone
Sentret
Mareep
Wobbuffet

I have a few questions about it.

1) Which of these are free and which ones are not?
2) Can I give them different names and genders than the ones I had before?
3) Can I get my Wobbuffet straight back, or must it be a Wynaut?

Actually, I forgot... you're a special case, since your team got split and disseminated. You can't get it back, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom