• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokemon Uranium

~JV~

Pokemon Uranium creator
Welcome to the Pokemon Uranium project thread, I am bringing it to TCoD and hope you all like it! If you want to see the original thread, click here.

Contents:

-Credits
-Team
-Plot
-Game features
-New pokedex
-Screenshots
-Extra stuff

Credit:

-To PEQUEDARK-VELVET drom deviantart that allowed me to use his deisgns ^^.
- To Poccil, who made the incredible pokemon essentials... Without him this project wont exist.
- To OmegaGroudon, who made a super cool title screen =]
- To 4 gen Matt for his super pack with charsets.

Team:

-~JV~: Project leader, main mapper, main eventer.
-ZephyrPlusle: Super fakemon spriter, also she is helping me ALOT with the plot.
-Zorin: Spriter, he has the power to make fakemon that looks like real pokemon!
-PichuK(TCoD): Spriter, she can make all kind of fakemon, including backs and icons =D.

PLOT:

Welcome to the region of Tandor, where warm breezes sweep through quiet towns and waves lap at sandy beaches. Tandor is known, among other things, for its robust and slightly different Gym Challenge, where Pokemon trainers travel the region to collect six gym badges and compete in the Tandor Regional tournament, held once a year. This tournament, one of the longest-running in modern Pokemon history, is also renowned as being one of the most difficult. The honor of being Champion is one of the most sought-after in the Pokemon world.

And, you? You weren't interested in all that at first-- you're just a thirteen-year-old kid leading a thirteen-year-old life. After your mother Lucille died ten years ago in a meltdown at a nuclear power plant, your father (an experienced Pokemon Ranger) left you with your great-aunt and departed to travel the region. But your Aunt can't support you any longer, and so you're forced to leave home. Fortunately for you, opportunity.

Professor Bamb'o, regional expert on Pokemon elements, has been looking for a trainer assistant to travel the region and gather specimens of the varied wildlife. You, along with an eleven-year-old named Theo that you've known for most of your life, step up to the challenge. After receiving your starter Pokemon, you head towards your first gym badge in Nowtoch town, and your first steps exploring the Tandor region.

Things aren't as sunny as they first seem, though. Just when everything regarding the accident ten years ago in which you lost your mother seemed certain, new developments begin to emerge. A new power plant is contracted to be built over the site of the old one. Your father begins acting strangely, journeying to the far areas of the region and questioning whether your mother really is dead. And amidst all the turmoil, it seems that a great impending disaster is looming over Tandor...

It seems you may be in for more than you bargained for.

GAME FEATURES:

-Great plot
-The brand new region of Tandor (yes, thats the region name)
-Alot of new pokemons (Im a spriter, and im willing to get help from others too)
-Old pokemons will also be there
-Instead of Elite 4, we will make a Elite championship
-More pokeballs
-Alot of islands to visit and alot of secrets to discover.

TANDOR POKEDEX:

POKEMONS:

ORCHYNX [GRASS/STEEL]
72d0rc.png

ORCHYNX is always seen stealing rings and other metal itens, it loves to fuse them to their body by eating them.

FLAGER [FIRE/GROUND]
6ygr28.png

The size of the flame on FLAGER's tail indicates if he is next to evolve. Normally they are sympathetic pokémon.

ELETUX [WATER/ELECTRIC]
2vxf82e.png

ELETUX is capable of walking over the water because it is really light and he has weak magnetical waves around his feet and tail.

Type Control Chart:
(double types count as one of each type)

Fire: 3
Water: 6
Grass: 2
Electric: 1
Flying: 5
Ground: 4
Steel: 5
Bug: 5

Poison: 3
Rock: 0
Psychic: 1

Dark: 3
Normal: 7
Dragon: 0
Ice: 1

Fighting: 3

*Ok number.
*Too much!
*Need urgently!

VIDEOS:[/CENTER]

Battle Background video: (The other one is much better)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhW13kaRAs8

Gameplay Video (Passage Cave):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3UXtW9L9II

SCREENSHOTS:

Current title screen:
k0gj20.png

(By OmegaGroudon)

Region map:
2jbqujo.png

SCREENSHOTS

capture003.png
capture004.png

capture005.png
capture006.png

capture009.png
capture010.png

capture011.png
capture012.png

capture013.png
capture014.png

capture015.png
capture016.png

capture017.png
capture018.png

capture019.png

That event is the Pokémon Personality Test. You take it together with Theo, thats also his first appeareance on the game.

capture023.png
capture024.png

capture025.png
capture026.png

capture027.png
capture028.png

capture029.png
capture030.png

capture031.png
capture032.png

capture033.png
capture034.png

capture035.png

Thats event happens after the hero got the first badge, thats also your first battle versus Theo =p.Thats all I wanted to show you about Theo till the moment.
(All those wonderful dialogues written by Zephyr :3)

The new menu system:

PUMENU.gif

(note: it's not slow in game ;p)

EXTRA STUFF:

Support Pokemon Uranium with those cool userbars and buttons!

Code:
[*url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=157236][*img]http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/4198/ubuttonfinal3wg9.png[/img][/url]

Code:
[*url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=157236][*img]http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/5272/ubuttonfinal2wr6.png[/img][/url]

Code:
[*url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=157236][*img]http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/9610/ubuttonfinal1vc6.png[/img][/url]

Animated one!

Code:
[*url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=157236][*img]http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/605/ubuttonfinalanihf3.gif[/img][/url]

I hope everyone liked how the game is going, and please i need help from other people in this project, ANY help is welcome. [/css-div][/B]

Last edited:
Re: Pokemon Uranium (Recruiting SPRITERS!)

Wow, it's become a bandwagon.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind helping. Though I have to ask; what engine are you using?

Yay I got my first reply quickly, I am using RPG maker XP, using Poccil scripts (You probably dont know who is he). Almost all the game systems are working =p. Check the youtube video, even though I am not using the custom tiles on the video, you can have an idea of how the game is going to look like.

Hmm, you seem to have some progress. What do you need? I'll sign up when I know what you need.

Well, I all need is fakemon and also custom trainers to populate my game region. I also would like to have someone to make the fakemon icons fo the game. =]

Yay I got my first reply quickly, I am using RPG maker XP, using Poccil scripts (You probably dont know who is he). Almost all the game systems are working =p. Check the youtube video, even though I am not using the custom tiles on the video, you can have an idea of how the game is going to look like.
Is it in Java or...?

Also, with the resolution; are your base Pokemon 80x80(D/P) or 64x64(R/S/E)?
(I know, too many questions. I like to be informed.)

No problem xD. No, rpg maker xp uses ruby. And I am using sprites in 64x64 resolution =p. If you have any question just ask it!

No problem xD. No, rpg maker xp uses ruby. And I am using sprites in 64x64 resolution =p. If you have any question just ask it!
Slight mistake imo there. If you're using 64x64 and the National Dex, you're gonna have massive pains devamping all the Sinnoh Pokemon. If you used 80x80 you only need your fakes to be revamped into the resolution and that to me seems much easier.

That's only if you plan on using the National Dex.

Also, random one but can you insert your own tiles into the RPGMaker? I myself am making a game but I've already made my own tilesets, plus the ones here aren't really my style.

Slight mistake imo there. If you're using 64x64 and the National Dex, you're gonna have massive pains devamping all the Sinnoh Pokemon. If you used 80x80 you only need your fakes to be revamped into the resolution and that to me seems much easier.

That's only if you plan on using the National Dex.

Also, random one but can you insert your own tiles into the RPGMaker? I myself am making a game but I've already made my own tilesets, plus the ones here aren't really my style.

One thing I've noticed is that the in-game text is... well, not very well written. For example:

In the other games, it is always written as Pokémon, with a capital P and an accented é (In most cases you can get these by holding Alt Gr and pressing E). Also, there is never an S on the end, even if it is being pluralised. So, as a random example:

"There are lots of pokemons" is incorrect.
"There are lots of Pokémon" is correct.

Sorry to nitpick or whatever, just trying to help~

Otherwise, this is looking pretty good.

@Grimdour - Yeah, you can import them via the Resources Manager.

One thing I've noticed is that the in-game text is... well, not very well written. For example:

In the other games, it is always written as Pokémon, with a capital P and an accented é (In most cases you can get these by holding Alt Gr and pressing E). Also, there is never an S on the end, even if it is being pluralised. So, as a random example:

Actually, i dont plan on using the national dex, putting every pokemon in just one region is just crazy, and I am using 64x64 sprites due to rmxp scripts limitations. So any spriter over there that want to help =0?

Actually, i dont plan on using the national dex, putting every pokemon in just one region is just crazy, and I am using 64x64 sprites due to rmxp scripts limitations. So any spriter over there that want to help =0?

About those grammar errors. I am not american or english, but I am already fixing those mistakes little by little ;p

Oh man whats happening on this forum 0_0.

Im using 64x64 because of rmxp scripts limitations, and I am not american or british, but these small grammatical errors are already being corrected.

Two things;

First, how did you do the game in that scale? I tried doing it but I think my game's gonna go wrong because the Pokemon tiles are just four times smaller than RPG Maker's tiles which are 32^2.

Second, you may have to include a few Pokemon like Zubat and Geodude in your game since they're in every region so far. Also a few others that you like.

Back
Top Bottom