• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokemon X/Y

on the female magnezone- those images were said to be just previews, and not actual gameplay, so it may just be a typo. If not, then what

Also, on Bank- The fee is yearly, as with most cloud storage things, but it's going to be 500 yen in Japan, which is about $5.00 $5 yearly fee is, in my opinion, not that bad at all and worth pokemon cloud storage.

Annnnd mega evolutions continue to make my everything hurt. What did you do to charizard? What did you dooooo?

Also love that the time-restricted Pokémon Bank trial is pretty much a big fuck-you to anyone who doesn't rush out and buy X/Y right away and/or transfer all their pokémon right away.

And people who still can't get their DS to work with their internet connection. =/

Agree with Negrek that mega evolutions are making my everything hurt. :c So far it's basically everything I dreaded about this gen. So much that I'm like... not even sure I want to buy it.

If they had made it mega formes, I probably wouldn't be as upset, but like. It's just so gross. I can't stand them. 9_9

I was honestly cool with mega evolutions right up until they showed Mega Blastoise. :C I love his arm shell cannons but I cannot fathom why they would make its shell go over its neck so far and the cannon so huge that it literally would not be able to see anything if it looks directly up (if it even can move its head upwards). that looks like the most uncomfortable most awful think game freak what are you doing

these also seem really half-hearted and lame in comparison to other megas, like mega blaziken or mega lucario. venusaur in particular seems pretty uninspired, it's just venusaur with, wow! four more leaves!! and a paper cutout flower hat!!!

I am excited for this mystery white fluffy pokemon. I really want it to be a french poodle but my heart says no, it is something else.

I literally hate all the designs, but probably hate charizard's most of all. Here's a cool artist interpretation of an alternative mega evo for charizard which is way better and without the stupid wing arms >| wah. Sorry charizard is just my baby since you know, first gen first came out?? And if it's gonna have an evo it better be a nice-looking one. :c

THe white fluffy mon looks interesting though, like a llama puppy.

So, the Bank is ending up to cost 500 yen, which is the equivalent to about five USD. Five dollars for Pokémon cloud storage a year really isn't that bad, honestly. I expected a steeper price, but I suppose you don't really need one when millions of people are potentially signing up for this.

EDIT: Oh, RespectTheBlade already said that. Whoopsie.

And people who still can't get their DS to work with their internet connection. =/
Nintendo sells Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection USBs thingies specifically for their consoles for about a hundred bucks which sounds steep but it really isn't considering it's frequently updated and I don't think there's a monthly fee or anything.

Little bit of a plug here but I'd like to show everybody the new menusprites that were revealed in the screenshots of Pokemon Bank. New on top, old on bottom.

tumblr_msmddsB1lM1rltfqpo1_500.png

And here's the Kalos ones just for kicks. Xerneas isn't shown in full.

tumblr_msmdrjQgsh1rltfqpo1_400.png

I like that they're updating old menusprites and making them look less awkward. Not everybody seems to have gotten a significant upgrade, so that kinda sucks, but the ones that did really show. Plus, in general the colors seem to be much better. I'm excited about the rest.

Wait, is that a silver Vivillon in that last image? So I wonder if we're finally getting shiny menu sprites, or if Vivillon's pulling an Unfezant or something?

I'm really excited about Mega Evolution! I agree that the name is terrible, but I don't really think the name matters — they're effectively form changes, not evolutions, and I love them. Mega Blastoise's design is ridiculous, but imo Blastoise is pretty ridiculous to begin with, and Mega Charizard and Mega Venusaur are gorgeous. Mega Venusaur is somewhat subdued compared to other Mega Evolutions, but I don't think that's a bad thing.

Also, like, your Pokémon get to have magical girl transformations. How can that possibly be bad?

Vivillon is normally pink, so I'm probably thinking it's pulling an Unfezant. Finally menu sprites get a revamp. Jigglypuff is so adorable in its sprite.

And Blastoise has one of the best designs. It looks like it has two Squirtle with back cannons on its wrists.

Vivillon is normally pink, so I'm probably thinking it's pulling an Unfezant. Finally menu sprites get a revamp. Jigglypuff is so adorable in its sprite.

And Blastoise has one of the best designs. It looks like it has two Squirtle with back cannons on its wrists.
This is coming from someone that goes by "I liek Squirtles."

Yeah, I love the new menu sprites. Proper colors! Fixed weirdness! (What do the red Xes on some of the old sprites mean, though?)

I'm actually surprised by how much I continue to like mega evolution so far. On paper the concept is a cheap, gimmicky idea, and I was wary at first, but aside from Mewtwo, all of the revealed mega evolutions still look like themselves with a power-up, and that's exactly what I would have wished for for something like this. Evolutions of old Pokémon are really hit and miss for me, but since these aren't proper evolutions they can just take the Pokémon as it is and sprinkle extra fancy stuff on it without changing the Pokémon's fundamental character. No, they're not interesting awesome new designs, but generally speaking I'd much rather have interesting awesome new designs be proper new Pokémon and leave the old Pokémon alone.

There are ways this could have gone a long way towards ruining Pokémon for me (primarily, if they went the Digimon path and mega evolution turned these awesome creatures into guys in ridiculous costumes), but so far I still completely don't mind it, aside from being a bit niggled by how Mega Mewtwo looks much less powerful than regular Mewtwo.

This may just be privilege speaking, but five dollars a year seems to me to be so cheap that it barely counts as paid. If that's a fuck-you to people who get the game late and can't use the free trial, it's still a very tiny, insignificant fuck-you compared to the fuck-you of requiring you to have two of the same console to be able to transfer anything at all. So long as actually getting and using Pokémon Bank is a smooth, easy process, it sounds pretty cool to me.

Man, I seriously haven't seen a discussion about these new guys without some comparison to Digimon.

I think I like Mega Venusaur the most, followed by Mega Charizard, but there's aspects of each I'm not really fond of. Like the flower on Mega Venusaur's forehead and Mega Charizard's attached, but not all the way wing arms. Mega Blastoise is definitely my least favorite of the three for reasons that uv covered and more, but overall they're not that bad. I'm excited what they'll do for the other starters at the very least.

Did you guys notice in the trailer that the trainers do a sort of flash light-up thing too and we don't see them afterwords? I've seen it joked that they're magical girls, but I actually think it'd be kind of neat if the trainers also powered up with their mega evolutions since it mega evolutions are supposed to be symbolic of the bond between trainers and Pokémon. I imagine Poké-Amie has a role in them too.

It's also looking like that the Pokémon Origins special will promote the Kanto starter's megas, which gives me some hope they'll have a Venusaur at some point. Maybe owned by Leaf with any luck.

I am concerned that because of the megas, we'll have less new Kalos Pokémon, which I'm most excited about. Like, they've said there's going to be over 700 Pokemon after X and Y, but if that's the case, it's just a little more than fifty completely new Pokémon. And we've had about thirty of those at least partially released.

EDIT: Also, I'm not all that knowledgeable about server costs and data, so I'm not sure about I how much it would cost to run Pokémon Bank. I feel like the Pokémon Dream World would cost more to run, but that was free. But it seems like Pokemon Bank will be long-term for all games while they'll be a new Dream World to go along with every generation, so running them together might be fairly expensive. Five dollars a year is pretty small, though.

EDIT2: Ooooh, according to the official website it looks like Mega Absol's wings are actually elongated fur. This changes everything.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom