• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokkén Tournament Choice Mafia - Game Thread

Re: Pokkén Tournament Choice Mafia - Game Thread

Oh my random lynch that's very much not what we want, but activity is kinda sucky right now :c

Yeah, well, there really hasn't been much to talk about this Day :P

Although, on the subject of me targeting Faorzia, I don't think that's a good idea, as she's apparently kinda covered by Stryke, as being protected a couple nights ago when there wasn't a kill, and nobody's contradicted that so I have to assume that that's legit.

Out of curiosity, did ILS block anyone on the night there was no death (don't remember which it was, sorry), and if so, who?

My head's really not on straight at the moment because I'm so tired, so that's the only idea I have atm, sorry.

Just wanted to say I did NOT target Faorzia last night. I used a different move.

Yep that's all. Thank you, good day.

Out of curiosity, did ILS block anyone on the night there was no death (don't remember which it was, sorry), and if so, who?

The day where the flavor was about a destroyed gym or something? I think I blocked Negrek that night, not sure.

Just wanted to say I did NOT target Faorzia last night. I used a different move.

Yep that's all. Thank you, good day.

...That's it? We're hurting for information here and you're not going to elaborate on this?

As for Stryke protecting Faorzia, ZM, I mean, why would someone have to "contradict" that for that to be the reason we had no death? It could've been because Stryke blocked Negrek, or it could've been because my primary actions are pseudo-protective actions and I protected my target from a kill that night. Jack could've done something before he died, for that matter; we'll never know. It's not really the kind of action you can easily contradict, but it's also hardly the only explanation. (Unless I'm misunderstanding what you meant by that?)

So yeah, I don't really see Stryke's alleged protection as any reason to absolve Faorzia of suspicion. I also don't get the best vibes from that "I did something else last night" with no explanation when we really need to be figuring out our options here. (I mean, thanks to my action whatever it was probably didn't actually happen, but why would you not share what it was you attempted to do?)

If Stryke is telling the truth, he sounds more useful to keep around. So I'm gonna go back to what I said yesterday and lynch Faorzia. I want this cleared up, man, and at this point I see no reason not to.

I didn't think it was important, but I used my 4-point synergy move, which functions identically to my free move except i can target myself with it. And guess who i targeted? Yeah, I protected myself.

Sorry for any wrongdoing here, any other questions?

I actually agree on the thing with stryke being more helpful. literally all I can do rn is help outnumber mafia my powers are not very useful

throwing in an abstain here to try 'n save my butt anyway

...That's it? We're hurting for information here and you're not going to elaborate on this?

As for Stryke protecting Faorzia, ZM, I mean, why would someone have to "contradict" that for that to be the reason we had no death? It could've been because Stryke blocked Negrek, or it could've been because my primary actions are pseudo-protective actions and I protected my target from a kill that night. Jack could've done something before he died, for that matter; we'll never know. It's not really the kind of action you can easily contradict, but it's also hardly the only explanation. (Unless I'm misunderstanding what you meant by that?)

So yeah, I don't really see Stryke's alleged protection as any reason to absolve Faorzia of suspicion. I also don't get the best vibes from that "I did something else last night" with no explanation when we really need to be figuring out our options here. (I mean, thanks to my action whatever it was probably didn't actually happen, but why would you not share what it was you attempted to do?)

If Stryke is telling the truth, he sounds more useful to keep around. So I'm gonna go back to what I said yesterday and lynch Faorzia. I want this cleared up, man, and at this point I see no reason not to.

I don't think I wrote that very clearly, let me try to explain my thought processes better. What I'm meaning on that is, on N2 we didn't have a kill. Nobody provided any explanation for what happened until a couple Days later, when Stryke claims to have been protecting Faorzia. Nobody else expounded on that, whether to agree or disagree, so it had seemed to me that it was generally accepted as to be what happened. Now there seems to be a couple of other claims, but there weren't when I wrote that post.
Though, ILS' claim seems to be peculiar. He claims he blocked Negrek that night, but he didn't say anything. When you're a Roleblocker, that's kinda a Big Thing that you've been waiting for, when you block someone and there's no deaths the next Day. You're supposed to go out and tell the world, and everybody discusses, Negrek shows up to defend their case, and a couple people probably give a few explanations for what might have happened that Night (considering what we know right now). Then people decide whether or not to lynch Negrek, someone else, or abstain. Instead we get an offhanded remark two or three Days later, and to me it seems fishy.
There doesn't seem to be any particular reason on why we've been gunning for Faorzia the last two Days, but I think there's some basis for lynching I liek Squirtles.

There's also the fact that he hasn't targeted me once in the entire game, so the only reason I can think of that he would say that is to try to frame me.

I liek Squirtles

Hm... yeah, I can agree with that. Something about Stryke and Faorzia still isn't sitting right with me, but I admit it's mostly gut and I can't substantiate it. I liek Squirtles it is for now.

I feel like a roleblocker would repeat his block if there was a no death, to see if he actually caused it. Did ILS claim targets back on those days, or is that the first time?

Still rattled by the Blue Dome disaster -- or, in some cases perhaps, feigning trauma to avoid standing out -- the Ferrum battlers fared their mountain trek without sharing even a word along the way. Silent, but watching each other's every move, the group remained intact as they arrived at a path of ancient stone steps, greeted by the distant sight of a gargantuan Rayquaza statue.

They climbed up to the solemn altar at the peak, where another master trainer had been awaiting them. Wearing a disappointed expression, he wasted no time to make his point clear. "Lucario senses an evil aura in your group," Jake stated plainly. "We can't help you until this danger subsides."

One trainer voluntarily underwent the Aura Pokémon's divinations, and then a few more followed. I Liek Squirtles was the first to staunchly refuse the spiritual investigation, casting suspicion on its validity and denouncing it as a violation of his rights and free will as an American. His uncooperativity garnered swift suspicion, and that last word utterly puzzled the Ferrum denizens. One knowing nod, and all of a sudden, many Pokémon were set on the outlier, with great prejudice.

"That was not how this was supposed to go."

Lucario's stared straight ahead, eyeing the remaining trainers as they journeyed downhill.

"I thought that setting them against each other over such a silly claim would eventually have to get them to turn against me -- together. They were supposed to learn to trust one another. Instead, they... they just about lynched one of their own! How can we bring the Gaia Power back like this...?"

Lucario's gaze shifted back to its master as it growled dryly.

"What's that? You actually did sense an evil aura? ... On the one they killed? But there could still be more? ... Oh, no. I may have made a terrible mistake. I shouldn't have sent them that way."

I Liek Squirtles, Chandelure's trainer, is dead. He was mafia.

72 hours for night actions.

Apologies for the slight delay.

Whatever malice still lurks in the heart of the group, it must have been thorougly worn by the nonstop hikes of the last few days; the roll calls have continuously brought no further bad news to bear. In that regard, the trainers are perhaps tempting fate when they finally stop to rest by the soothing, sprawling pastures of verdant Tellur Town.

Still, the investigative work is far from over -- regardless of whether the Ferrum battlers choose to continue chasing the phantasms hidden among them, they must decide on a general course of action as leads run dry and Gaia Power continues to fade.

No one has died.

72 hours for discussion.

...Right... Anyone do anything interesting? I went ahead again with my free power, since my paid ones aren't too great imo

I protected myself again... maybe that's why no one died?

I targeted ZM with the draining move I have and got a net loss in synergy :/

i gave a person a support pokemon and used the move that lets them know what it did. I'm not gonna say who in case the person i gave it to wants to keep it secret for their sake.

I targeted ZM with the draining move I have and got a net loss in synergy :/
Why would you drain ZM? He kept saying he had no synergy, and there was no evidence that he ever targeted anyone.

Why would you drain ZM? He kept saying he had no synergy, and there was no evidence that he ever targeted anyone.

Maybe to try to verify my claims? After all, information is pretty crucial rn. If I had been lying and Faorzia got back, say, four or five synergy, it would be indicative that something's amiss, at the least. Although I find it pretty funny that she actually lost synergy from that.

Back
Top Bottom