• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokkén Tournament Choice Mafia - Game Thread

Re: Pokkén Tournament Choice Mafia - Game Thread

Partly for the reason ZM said above (but gah, man, the fact that I got back so little is kinda frustrating) and partly because earlier he did say he can do something productive for free.

tbh I don't even know whether to target anyone at all? bc it seems like I'm doing more harm that good :/

so far I've been trying to target people that can still do stuff for free, so here's the quoted reasoning on why I went for zm.

although I don't know how necessary my burst power will be? I will stop draining until further notice

anyway on to the evidence in case you are Not Convinced and I need to defend myself from almighty Kratos. bolded stuff is bolded by me.

I don't say much of anything because there's nothing for me to talk about :P
Also, I haven't targeted anyone because I don't have a night action for my "free move".

Since we're getting to the part of the game where people are going to need to start claiming, I think I'll go ahead. Looking at my moves together, it appears that I'm a modified Desperado. With what that entails, using my day action hasn't been a good idea so far.

My 3- and 7-cost moves are a self-protection and a modifier to my free move. I don't get a real night action until my 10-cost burst, but that's pretty far away.
I wonder what everyone else's roles are that make mine so farfetchd. After all, it's not like we don't have Vigilantes in almost every game.

so you do have a free move that apparently only works in the daytime, right. your desperado thing will still work? hopefully I have not crippled you

idk man like I said I'm not gonna be trying another drain for the rest of the game, unless told to.

I'm still leery about the drainer claim.

Not that I don't believe it exists, I'm positive Faorzia is telling the truth on that, I'm just suspicious since my first paid power is to stop that drain, and I still haven't figured out why we'd be on the same side if our powers counter each other so adversarially

so far I've been trying to target people that can still do stuff for free, so here's the quoted reasoning on why I went for zm.
I... guess, but it still seems weird to me to choose someone who had claimed low synergy if you were at all hoping to use your burst power. I suppose it's good to know ZM hasn't secretly been sitting on a huge hoard of synergy and lying about it.

At this point, I feel pretty confident that Wargle, Autumn, and Kratos Aurion aren't mafia, which leaves only Faorzia, Stryke, and ZM among the suspects. At this point, there isn't a lot to go on, but in the interest of getting *something* done today, I'll nominate Faorzia.

agh sorry I spent all yesterday doing stuff and I'm still tired. I guess the one nice thing about slow games is that at least it's easy to catch up???

Anyway. Last night I used my three-point action, which is to both protect and roleblock another player (like a jailkeeper). I chose to jailkeep Faorzia. As you can see, there was no kill. Now, I can't prove that was because I stopped her from killing another player. It is possible that she was actually the target and I protected her instead, although I figure that's unlikely because I don't think she'd be a high-priority mafia target and that I'm reasonably sure most of the rest of the claims so far have been truthful. It's also possible that the mafia went after Stryke, if he's telling the truth about protecting himself.

But as I implied above, I'm confident that Autumn is telling the truth about being the inventor, and I'm confident that Wargle is telling the truth about being able to hand out synergy (which means her statement about having an action that specifically counters draining probably also holds up). I know Negrek hasn't been using killing actions because I've been redirecting her action to myself on most nights, and clearly I'm not dead. ZM and Stryke are still question marks—ZM's claim, while believable, is very convenient, and Stryke's big action being so similar to mine still rings strange. But between last night's jailkeeping, the weird targeting claim, and the fact that the claim of having both a draining action and some kind of global protective action seems like an odd combination... yeah.

Sorry, Faorzia, but I'm putting my vote there and leaving it this time. If we're wrong, hey, we should still be good to last another day and see what's up with ZM and Stryke.

To hopefully regain everyones trust, I shall reveal my big action and what it does:

So its like this: Say hypothetically I use my burst (yes, its my burst action) tonight. Everything proceeds as normal, someone dies, or not, and we discuss. But the next night, no one can get mafia killed at all for that night. I didn't want to reveal it because I knew the mafia would take me out as soon as they heard it because I'm a threat. (Wow, I'm a THREAT. That makes me seem edgy and rebellious.... but I digress)

So, there you have it. With that, I've revealed what all my powers do.

Stryke, yours is exactly like mine except with a time delay??

so rn I am kinda useless. Although if I was jailed last night, that would be another explanation for the synergy drop.

I'm p okay with being lynched today actually, can't do much at any rate. Still gonna abstain on principle, but looks like I'm over and out.

How would being jailed explain a synergy drop?

don't you consume synergy when you use an action regardless of whether it goes through or not?

ok I typed this post about five minutes ago and coming back to it I realize that kratos's previous global block sets a different precedent

I'm obviously good at logic never mind

Not sure about the stability of the Internet connection over the next ten days, on a cruise ship right now and the WiFi minutes are super overpriced so I'll have to rely on the 4G.

So uh, I think that we're all pretty much agreed on Faorzia based on the collective evidence?

Short on paths of action, the group tried to brainstorm, sitting on a lush, grassy field. One of them chimed in with an unusual suggestion. "We could just all surrender to Big Brother," she remarked offhand. "... Or, you know. To Pikachu's cuteness! Pika pika?"

Suspicion of Faorzia grew rapidly, and indeed, a focused investigation would later reveal her nefarious plans, unrelated to the disappearance of Gaia Power, but still a relief to avoid. And yet, perhaps the next to be suspected should be whoever it was that came up with the particularly gruesome execution method involving a water wheel.

Faorzia, Pikachu's trainer, is dead. She was neither innocent nor mafia.

72 hours for night actions.

Once again, the Ferrum battlers set foot on exotic, unbeaten roads. Following Jake's directives, they make their way through unlit, marshy forests, looking for the site where the previous incident with Gaia Power had come to a head.

Never seeming to find even a trace of the Shadow Synergy Stone, each member of the group eyes the others warily, as if choked by doubts that linger in the fog and the shadows. For the first few hours so, however, no one seems to have taken to foul play...

No one has died.

72 hours for discussion.

At this point, I think I like one of Negrek's earlier ideas. ZM targets Stryke for a daykill. If Stryke is mafia, town should win. If ZM can't/won't kill him, he's lying scum and we lynch him for the win. If they're somehow both innocents after all this, we still have the rest of the day phase to figure out which of the three of you left has played a frankly amazing game and betrayed us all, eh?

Other suggestions are welcome, of course, but I don't see much reason not to go ahead with this and wrap things up.

At this point, I think I like one of Negrek's earlier ideas. ZM targets Stryke for a daykill. If Stryke is mafia, town should win. If ZM can't/won't kill him, he's lying scum and we lynch him for the win. If they're somehow both innocents after all this, we still have the rest of the day phase to figure out which of the three of you left has played a frankly amazing game and betrayed us all, eh?

Other suggestions are welcome, of course, but I don't see much reason not to go ahead with this and wrap things up.

actually that sounds legit

I might have more of an opinion if I'd paid more attention to this game ._. im sorry i feel like a horrible player except just anytime theres a Big Event its been when i dont have the mental facilities to pay attention and then i dont come back about it......... but yeah this seems like a Plan.

I support this plan.

I support this plan as well.

I could tell you that I'm an innocent (and I am), but you probably won't believe me. I knew I was going to get lynched at some point, and if I don't, the remaining mafiosi will, because the past two nights, I protected myself, and the past two nights, no one has died, so they're definitely going after me. So it's inevitable. ZM, feel free to use your power whenever you want

TL;DR: I'm going to die either today or tonight, so I might as well get it over with.

Hm, I got a Espeon last night, as well as my first Synergy Point. Fitting, to get it on the last Day Phase.
Interesting game we've had. One Mafiosi was inactive, another with a bad alibi. Then we have Faorzia, who seemed to be suspicious to everyone but me, and ended up being member of a third party.
I wonder what all these support pokémon do.
Ah well.
Slash Kratos Aurion

Enjoy your life, Stryke.

Back
Top Bottom