• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokkén Tournament Choice Mafia - Game Thread

Re: Pokkén Tournament Choice Mafia - Game Thread

Actually... it occurs to me that the innocents might be fairly well-positioned this game. The synergy mechanic gives us a way to confirm people's role claims, because we can ask them to target specific people and then based on the synergy total get an idea of whether the action actually went through and had the effect they claimed it should. Also, because at the moment not even the mafia know synergy totals for anybody outside of people who've chosen to mention it, we may be able to catch them in a lie already if things don't add up. So... if you have a targeting night action, could you say who (if anyone) you chose on N0 and N1? Likewise, if you have a non-targeting action or didn't use your power for whatever reason, could you also say that? After people have claimed their targets, we can have people give their actual synergy totals across the two nights and see where there are discrepancies, and that might give us an idea of mafia suspects.

For my part, I targeted Kratos Aurion both nights.

ILS: Chandelure
Zero Moment: Weavile
Negrek: Sceptile
Music Dragon: Gengar
VM: Braixen (Nightkilled N1, Mafia)
Stryke: Shadow Mewtwo
Superbird: Blaziken
Autumn: Pikachu Libre
Kratos Aurion: Garchomp
JackPK: Suicune
Butterfree: Charizarrrd (Nightkilled N0, Innocent)
Faorzia: Pikachu Regular
Wargle: Machamp

I targeted Butterfree, then Music Dragon.

I targeted Faorzia both nights.

(Also Wargle, VM was an innocent)

Not like I had much of a choice anyway.

The free move I have is a targeting move, but when I use it, I can only target the same person each night. If I want to switch people, I have to use another move that costs synergy that I don't have.

My night action wasn't really usable on night 0, but I targeted I Liek Squirtles on Night 1.

ILS: Chandelure
Zero Moment: Weavile
Negrek: Sceptile
Music Dragon: Gengar
VM: Braixen (Nightkilled N1, Innocent)
Stryke: Shadow Mewtwo
Superbird: Blaziken
Autumn: Pikachu Libre
Kratos Aurion: Garchomp
JackPK: Suicune
Butterfree: Charizarrrd (Nightkilled N0, Innocent)
Faorzia: Pikachu Regular
Wargle: Machamp

Oops. Sorry about that. Sometimes typing is hard I guess

I'm afraid my work is very, very secret. I could tell you, but then, of course, I'd have to kill you. Can't let that kind of information fall into the wrong hands. You understand. But you're clever enough that I think you can figure it out, hehehe!

I haven't targeted anyone yet. I've forgotten to send it in twice because i'm frigging swamped by work (because teachers love to give stuff out). Thankfully, I'll be able to actuaply

I'm gonna guess that Music Dragon is an alien or alien-like role, since his wild finger-pointing yesterday and his refusal to cooperate with our plan today just reeks of trying to get lynched. Scum, please get rid of him tonight — it's in your best interest, since an alien win is good for neither town nor scum.

---

That aside, I believe everyone else has shared the info Negrek requested, right? So let's collate the information we've got from the thread so far:

ILS: targeted no one, then no one (adds up to 1 Synergy)
Zero Moment: targeted no one, then no one (adds up to 0 Synergy)
Negrek: targeted Kratos, then Kratos (adds up to 3 Synergy)
Music Dragon: (refuses to share data) (adds up to ?+2 Synergy)
VM (is dead) (may have targeted someone N0 or N1) (adds up to ? Synergy)
Stryke: targeted Faorzia, then Faorzia (adds up to 2 Synergy)
Superbird: targeted no one, then ILS (adds up to 1 Synergy)
Autumn: targeted MD, then Wargle (adds up to 2 Synergy)
Kratos Aurion: targeted no one, then Negrek (adds up to 3 Synergy)
JackPK: targeted Butterfree, then MD (adds up to 3 Synergy)
Butterfree (is dead) (may have targeted someone N0) (adds up to ?+2 Synergy)
Faorzia: targeted no one, then no one (adds up to 2 Synergy)
Wargle: targeted Butterfree, then JackPK (adds up to 3 Synergy)

Admittedly, the amount of unknowns on that list puts 5 Synergy Points in flux, so I don't know how helpful this will be. But we can hope!

---

My Synergy total is 5, which is off by 2 from what is accounted for. According to Autumn earlier in the thread, her total is 2, which matches this list. Same with ZM, who said earlier his total is 0; ILS, who said his total is 1; and Stryke, who said his total is 2.

Faorzia said she had "a" Synergy Point, which I'm assuming means "1" rather than the more general "any at all," which would mean she actually got 1 less than she should have, somehow. This seems very suspicious to me. More on that later.

Wargle said she "got two points last night," which I'm assuming means her total matches what's on the list (1 the first night, then 2 the next), but Wargle, please speak up if I'm misinterpreting and you meant that you had a total of two points last night.

Negrek, Music Dragon, Superbird and Kratos Aurion have not said anything about their Synergy points, if my skimming through the thread is correct.

---

Finally, the elephant in the room: Obviously, no one has claimed to have targeted Butterfree then VM, as that would make them a prime suspect. Also, no one has claimed to have targeted VM at all, yet VM died, which makes it very clear that someone is lying about their targets.

Meanwhile, Wargle and I both have admitted to targeting Butterfree on N0. At this point, we have to make one of two assumptions: (1) Wargle and I are both telling the truth, and the real killer lied about both of their targets; or (2) either Wargle or I told the truth about targeting Butterfree, but lied about our target on the following night.

I can only speak for myself when I say I've told the truth. But also, (2) is a bolder gambit and one that, at this early stage, I would doubt the scum would want to risk. So I'm tentatively less suspicious of Wargle than others in general.

---

TL;DR
  • A handful of Synergy inconsistencies exist, but also a lot of unknowns, what with our dead players and Music Dragon
  • Either (A) Wargle or I is a really risk-taking scum or (B) Wargle and I are both innocent
  • Faorzia's Synergy is actually the biggest mystery, since she says she has 1 point fewer than she should have.

At this point, a couple of things:
FAORZIA, can you please confirm whether you have exactly 1 Synergy point, and whether you've spent any Synergy so far?
STRYKE, can you please confirm that you are telling the truth about targeting Faorzia both nights? If so, does your power say anything in particular about draining Synergy, or sometimes not giving Synergy, or anything like that?

And finally, if Faorzia confirms 1 point without spending any, and Stryke doesn't claim an unusual power, that means one of two things: either (A) Faorzia was hit by a Synergy-draining power from someone else who's lying about who they targeted, or (B) Stryke is lying.

Since abstaining mathematically has zero shot of improving the town's position and lynching has a nonzero shot, I'm going to tentatively vote to lynch Stryke, at least until any inconsistencies are cleared up.

long post is long

P.S. Metallica Fanboy, idk if you'll accept this, but please consider that vote if and only if anybody else has gotten a chance to respond to this thread before you move on to the night phase

Back
Top Bottom