• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Question Time

goldenquagsire

Rubber dinghy rapids, bro!
Bit of background info: Question Time is a programme on the BBC which normally features politicians from the major political parties and various other important persons debating questions put forward by audience members. The most recent broadcast was particularly controversial due to the inclusion of Nick Griffin, head of the BNP.

So, did anyone else watch it tonight? I thought it neatly exposed Mr. Griffin for the contradictory, bigoted little man that he is.

charltonbrooker: This is now a game of "who's to blame for this arsehole?"

Griffin's a cunt but I don't think he had enough air-time. We couldn't truly capture his complete idiocy and lack of compassion in the time he had.

Two men kissing is creepy, Nick? Honestly?

Fuck you and your racist, out-dated fringe party. Anyone who votes BNP is a cunt and doesn't deserve to be called British. They can be "repatriated" to the sun for all I care.

Two men kissing is creepy, Nick? Honestly?
That was the bit that killed me. His honest-to-god justification for bashing homosexuality? "I think it's creepy". What's even more pathetic is that he tried to suggest that the majority of people would agree with him.

Oh, yes, I did read a little something about this on the BBC website yesterday. Something about protests outside the BBC office. It's rather comforting that the masses are so opposed to the BNP, even if there are those who would (and do) support them.
Haven't seen the show, though, or read anything but this about what happened then, I mean... I really should. Hopefully I'll have time after school today.

Is it on youtube yet? I only found out about it this morning when they aired some of the protests and a bit of the show itself on the Beeb. Beating that policeman with that FASCISTS OUT!!! sign isn't going to do much, sir :c

EDIT: It is, sweet.
EDIT 2: Only like 5 minutes in and the guy already makes an unrelated attack on Straw's dad gj

Last edited:
I'm about halfway through and what I'm getting from Nick Griffin is 'why are you racist against white ppl being a white person in Britain is so hard ;~; woe'

they should totally give dick griffin an hour slot on the comedy run on bbc one on fridays - the utter shite he comes out with is entertaining because of the contradictions. Phoenix Wright would have a field day

I'm about halfway through and what I'm getting from Nick Griffin is 'why are you racist against white ppl being a white person in Britain is so hard ;~; woe'

yeah, no, that's about it

oh and the "forced multiculturalism"

he's got a hard on for that one.

and he doesn't like gays, either. oh and he's a holocaust denier but he's just not allowed to say he is. and um also he doesn't want any browns in the UK but the browns that are already here don't have to leave.

I don't get that last one either.

I hadn't heard about it, but we sort of had a mini debate about it in Sociology so I just went and checked it out.

...lol. And he actually complained about the way he was treated?

It just makes me happy that so many people oppose his views. That at least makes up for the people who think he's right. Just about, though.

The sad thing is that his supporters think he was "cheated" out of talking about the immigration "problem"...

I agree that there is a problem with immigration. The solution's not "keep the browns out," though. Perhaps putting a cap on the number of immigrants is sufficient but I'm not sure. We need to focus on letting in only those people we need - skilled workers etc that we don't have here - and keeping out people who don't contribute in any way.

IDK. The BNP don't have the right idea though.

^ nah I still think we should deport the filthy immigrants

Immigration needs a better system, because at the moment, the whole 'points system' gets exploited massively, and that leads to more immigration. Or perhaps tone down the benefits? We do seem to give them out willy-nilly over here

I don't support him or anything, but I do find it kind of ironic that the guy with the 'keep fascists out' sign was hitting someone because he didn't like another person's opinion. Admittedly, that opinion is incredibly prejudiced, but still, the fact that they're trying to support democracy by preventing someone from having his say is a bit... Yeah...

It has already been said, I know, but I just watched it and I'd like to establish my agreement with the general consensus that Nick Girffin is a truly disgusting man. Eurgh.

I don't support him or anything, but I do find it kind of ironic that the guy with the 'keep fascists out' sign was hitting someone because he didn't like another person's opinion. Admittedly, that opinion is incredibly prejudiced, but still, the fact that they're trying to support democracy by preventing someone from having his say is a bit... Yeah...
To be fair an astonishing number of policemen are BNP so it was the next best thing I guess.

He ought never to have been invited. For the price of an hour's embarrassment he has won hundreds of thousands of new votes. If only the BBC had procrastinated until the law were changed, he would have been denied them.

Last edited:
The BBC shouldn't choose who gets the representation. He's the leader of a large political party. The people voted for him. It's wholly our fault that we have him in this position of power.

Every person who didn't vote but could have is to blame. In the general election the people of the UK should go out and vote en masse for a party that's not the BNP.

The law against inciting racial hatred has already established that free speech has limits in this country. If inviting Nick Griffin to Question Time is as dangerous as inciting racial hatred, or worse, as I believe it is, it too should be prevented by law.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom