• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Rate The Video Game Song Above!

8/10, nice. That's all I've got to say about it now >.>

Sea of Rage/Raging Nerifes - Tales of Legendia

Plays during the final boss fight of the main scenario.

Don't know why this game gets so much hate; it's one of the few Tales games that actually made me laugh aloud (The others are Abyss, Hearts, and Rebirth, but just for its post battle quotes, and Tytree xD) having some nice, clever humor, and while the 3D character models are complete shit (They're all just reskins of each other, and look plain ugly; it's what I said when I got my artbook), the environments are simply beautiful, and while the story's just Tales of Rebirth 3.0 (Symphonia was 2.0 >.>), it does much more gracefully than Symphonia, not being riddled with as many cliches, and not having cookie-cutter characters, and almost as good as Rebirth, and the battles are fun, albeit very tedious. For the first internally developed Tales game, it wasn't that bad.

For all the hate that this game gets, it's held in high regards as having the best soundtrack in the series. It's pretty true. Go Shiina should compose more music for the series, maybe even together with Sakuraba.

That VIOLIN! It's amazing. This song really does seem to have it all. Electronica and orchestral aspects are blended seamlessly and it manages to go from huge and epic to dark and sinister to soft and delicate within split seconds, and it all works. I know nothing about this game, but I really have nothing bad to say about this track. 10/10.

I cast Silver Surfer - Level One (I don't know the real name of this track)

Okay, first let me say that this game is impossibly stupid. See that screen during the video? You'll spend more time staring at that than actually playing the game, because if you touch ANYTHING, YOU ARE DEAD. AND THERE IS SHIT FLYING AT YOU FROM EVERY DIRECTION.

However, wasted on this game was an incredible soundtrack. This was an NES game with a Genesis quality sound. I have no idea how they managed that, but it was wasted on such a terrible game...

Okay, first let me say that this game is impossibly stupid. See that screen during the video? You'll spend more time staring at that than actually playing the game, because if you touch ANYTHING, YOU ARE DEAD. AND THERE IS SHIT FLYING AT YOU FROM EVERY DIRECTION.

Say hi to danmaku =)

Speaking of bullet hell:
Reality - Ikaruga

Plays in Chapter 4 of the Dreamcast game, Ikaruga. It's also where the game starts to get really fucking hard. And my personal favorite stage.

Say hi to danmaku =)

No, it's no mere danmaku, because your hitbox is MASSIVE to the point where something wouldn't even have to touch you and you'd die (by the way, this includes walls, and they're insanely easy to run into) and your shots do next to nothing to enemies. It's not bullet hell, it's bad game design.

Also, you didn't rate the song. :(

Last edited:
Haha, even then, the only sidescrolling shmups I play are Salamander, Life Force, and Thunder Force. And a bit of Gaiares. Thunder Force VI is an orgasm in a disc. Of course, the way you describe it makes it sound like Radiant Silvergun without the Radiant Sword, and three of the other five weapons. That would suck ):

Oh yeah, and sorry )= It was fun to listen to... 9/10 =3

RATE MINE TOO PLEESE? I'll give you some of the cookies I just made :3

S'alright. :3

COOKIES! Okay, I'll rate the song! :D

It's nice and epic. Love the subtle flute bits hidden in there (or at least it sounds like a flute through my speakers. Could be something else. Anyway, I like it). 9/10.

Now let's see...something to keep the thread going...How about...

Rusty Ruins (Act 1) - Sonic 3D Blast (Saturn)

Holy crap. This honestly sounds like a song for a Good ending of a Silent Hill game. It's just a chilling, yet beautiful track.

Hmm... I wouldn't go so far as to compare to that, but... It sounds like something from another game I've played. I just can't remember it, and now it's going to bother me. 9/10 though, it's really good =)

KDD-0079 - The King of Fighters '99

The game where my favorite fighting game character became part of our beloved video game universe. This here's the theme of the New Hero Team, being lead by the then newcomer K` (pronounced K dash), and backed by newcomer Maxima, veteran Benimaru, and local Kyo Kusanagi fanboy Shingo in KOF '99.

I had a slight difficult deciding as to whether I liked the AST version of the song, or the original Neo-Geo version more and... Well, I think this post speaks for itself =)

And yes, K` is my favorite.

Kinda boring to me... 7/10

Dance of Illusions - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night/Nocturne in the Moonlight version

What I consider to probably be the best version of this track that's seen constant remix after remix in the last twenty years in almost every Castlevania. In this particular game, it plays during the boss fight with Dracula in the game's prologue, which is also the epilogue of Rondo of Blood (Spoiler ending there! lol, of course, we never got any "correct" version of Rondo of Blood until just a couple of years ago...)

I still say the prologue of this game has one of the greatest exchanges between two characters, ever.

*Does only need to hear the first two seconds to know which song it is*

Uuh, let's see. The song is very good, good use of the Organ, but I've heard it so many times it's boring. 7/10

With Me - Sonic and the Black Knight
Well, recent Sonic aren't good, no big news, but the soundtracks are rather damn impressive, this is the final boss theme, and it's nice to see the twist of having a female singer, which I haven't seen since Sonic Heroes and Team Rose's ear-shattering theme song, so this is a huge improvement.

Umm... Lessee... I'll have to give a 7/10. It sounds too much like something out of Guilty Gear and BlazBlue; there's absolutely nothing wrong with that, just that it could've been a bit different...

Cyber Geometry ~ Cyber Field Stage (Snipe Anteator)

Okay, while this game had some awesome music, and cool bosses, this game sucked. And yet for some reason I still manage to find fun in even the worst games ever. And the horrible voice acting didn't exactly help, one of which even voiced the original Barry Burton. Or JILL SANDWICH. It wasn't even bad in the way that made RE's voice acting funny, it was just plain bad though.

Another thing that really gripes me about the game, is that X is a fucking pussy. He's unplayable for the entire game until you get to Sigma Palace, saying that he doesn't like fighting because it brings too much suffering, and because he might die. WTF. He'll join earlier though if you die too many times - and believe, it WILL happen.

Oh yeah. And nothing in this world is as annoying as Flame Hyen-BURN BURN BUR-BURN TO THE GROUND-Hyenard

^ 8/10, 'Twas pretty good.

but nothing can top the next track:

Earthbound: Pokey means business (Pokey/Giygas battle theme)

I'm un-h...a...p...p...y... to not see this on this page..

Pokey: Giygas got him. He's so corrupt, he attacks his best friend!
Giygas: m...i...n...d...f...u...c...k... Look at him. A red swirl. Creepy. Now look at what he says. Also creepy. See the Giygas "fetus" when his defenses break: MINDFUCK!

7/10, it was good, but I'm not a huge fan of Earthbound.

Battle Theme 2 - Breath of Fire 2

One of the few things Capcom did right outside of Mega Man. Also one of my favorite RPGs. It's literally right up there next to Chrono Trigger and Xenogears. Most people would say they fucked up with Breath of Fire 5, but Dragon Quarter had a unique cel-shading style, relatively endearing characters, and a fun battle system that played almost like Xenogears. This one was the best though. It had some of the best characters, and an awesome story. Plus, it was rather long for a SNES RPG.

<3 Ryu, Katt, & Nina

Hmm...sounds like typical Capcom music with an RPG flair. It's good, but not really striking or outstanding. 7/10.

Solaris Battle (Part 2) - Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)

Why why why WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WAS SUCH AN AWESOME SOUNDTRACK WASTED ON THIS GAME?! This may be one of the single greatest final boss tracks in the entire Sonic series. I got chills listening to it, even though the boss himself is incredibly boring and generic.

Sonic '06 truly is a tragedy for Sonic fans like myself. The game had potential out the wazoo. A little more thought into the plot could have produced a story better than SA2's, a little more time spent on play-testing could have easily brought out the best of all the 3D Sonic games, BUT NOOO. They HAD to rush it and bring in such stupid things like...*shudder* Elise... It was meant as Sonic's rebirth as an icon, but instead it just dug him deeper into the grave...

Last edited:
Yes, that track is very awesome. But it sounds like something out of a Metroidvania Castlevania to me, which is definitely not a bad thing... 8/10

Eneomaos Machine Tower - Castlevania: Curse of Darkness

WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN
A Castlevania with no type of music in its subtitle? BLASPHEMY. Guess they ran out of them after they came out with Aria of Sorrow. This particular track plays in the... You guessed it, Eneomaos Machine Tower, this game's version of the series staple clock tower area, complete with Petrifying Medusa Heads for all your Ragequitting needs. And yes, I put petrify instead of stoning, even though all of the games tell you your Belmont or Alucard is stoned when they get hit by them.

*doesn't even need to click the link*
9/10, she indeed does have a pretty voice.

Boat Battles - Golden Sun: The Lost Age

One of the few games with random encounters on a boat. And it gives pleasing music as well. Too bad it's impossible to fully grasp the awesomeness of Golden Sun's music without any headphones/earbuds.

From one of the two (Soon to be three, hopefully) greatest handheld games in the world. I honestly liked having Felix as a main character/hero over Isaac, although people think I'm weird for that... Just something about him... He looks more badass, and then there's the mask from the first game xD

Back
Top Bottom