• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Realistic Pokémafia II [Game]

Re: Realistic Pokémafia II [Game]

Right so... I can't understand a word res says, ever. But I still don't think lynching on day one because res spat out a bunch of reslogic is a good idea. I mean, by all means, give me a translation on the reslogic so I know what the heck is going on.

If a lynch is mandatory on a given day and no votes have been cast, the lynchee will be randomized. If a lynch is not mandatory and no votes have been cast, an abstention will be assumed. Otherwise, the player with the most votes will be lynched. In case of a tie, the last player to die will decide who is lynched, of those who are tied.

It wasn't mentioned that lynches were mandatory, I think. So I would suggest voting to abstain. It just... seems safer. The people with damage can easily survive the night, because it seems like everyone who was hit was barely hit or someone managed to roleblock a Mafioso. So I'm thinking incapable mafia, roleblock, or absent night actions.

"Each night, a player MUST use one of their moves on an appropriate target.
If not sent in, night actions will be randomized with extreme prejudice."

It's likely that the mafia got roleblocked or something similar? It seems a lot of people used protection (... snrk). Absent night actions would probably result in a mafia death or something, what with "randomized with extreme prejudice".

Right so... I can't understand a word res says, ever. But I still don't think lynching on day one because res spat out a bunch of reslogic is a good idea. I mean, by all means, give me a translation on the reslogic so I know what the heck is going on.

It wasn't mentioned that lynches were mandatory, I think. So I would suggest voting to abstain. It just... seems safer. The people with damage can easily survive the night, because it seems like everyone who was hit was barely hit or someone managed to roleblock a Mafioso. So I'm thinking incapable mafia, roleblock, or absent night actions.
That's not why we would be lynching res. The reslogic hasn't been a probem at all yet. We would be lynching res because Alligates used a pseudo-inspection on it and there was a mafia result.

What res has said/done, post-by-post:

Post one: ask about hopeandjoy's info. Info was that Flora targeted herself, already mentioned. Said it forgot to send in its night action, but has a low power roleblock ability that could've affected blazhy. Ask about blazhy's damage, and try to determine what move might've caused it. Ask about Alligates's charm. Say that protecting on night one is a reasonable thing and report no damage. Say it has a vague other problem - not elaborate after I ask. Maybe it misinterpreted what I was asking.

Post two: clarify that it missed its night action. Give a list of base stats for all pokemon.

Post three: talk about influence of natures on stats. Vaguely dispute the mafia claim, say that it might've been outside interference. Reiterate no damage.

Post four: say that Alligate's move, charm, is overpowered/unrealistic.

Post five: same.

Better?

You can't abstain twice in a row, though, so we have to lynch eventually. I'm just going to take the role of hard-liner on this lynch, since this is analogous to an inspector reading and there seems to be very little caring??? But at this stage in the game, there'd be little to doubt. I'm thinking protection, to be honest, since so many people have said they have/used some.

I think I'd trust Alligates in this situation. Although I'm not sure about lynching right off the bat - perhaps we can have an inspector verify, or something? Or maybe we should just make the most of our resources and inspect someone else, and just off res right now. I think we'd rather have information + one potentially dead innocent at this stage?

Alligates is an inspector role??? I wouldn't expect more than one in a given game, but. I don't think one dead innocent is truly terrible at this stage, so we might as well.

If we're listing doubts in the plan, it actually feels like res is a lot more active and discussion-controlling when mafia, and today all it's done is take a supporting role and make a list. But you know.

"Each night, a player MUST use one of their moves on an appropriate target.
If not sent in, night actions will be randomized with extreme prejudice."

It's likely that the mafia got roleblocked or something similar? It seems a lot of people used protection (... snrk). Absent night actions would probably result in a mafia death or something, what with "randomized with extreme prejudice".

Oh, but since that's a thing: res, can you ask what your (presumably randomized) night action was?

Right, okay, that makes sense then... but I'm still not seeing the vote res thing. It isn't really confirmed. And in a game like this - where people can survive kill actions, like the mafia's attacks - doesn't it make more sense to get some sort of final confirmation on lynching people?

I don't think one dead innocent is truly terrible at this stage, so we might as well.

If we're listing doubts in the plan, it actually feels like res is a lot more active and discussion-controlling when mafia, and today all it's done is take a supporting role and make a list. But you know.

One, I feel like res is res and is active when it feels like being active. Plus a lot of the post was apparently posting stats, which is simple enough to do.

Two... that sounds... Every innocent is important! Lynch happy games are always heavily favored toward the mafia.

I'm Rash, by the way. And oh, off the top of my head there aren't any Ground-types around here or anything, so I may as well mention, Ampharos.

I'm 100% sure there's plenty of people who would've appreciated that more than me.

In any case, I'm not particularly inclined to doubt Charm working as claimed -- it sounds to me just like it accidentally ended up getting a cop function as poorly thought out design, no offense to the puppet.

Two... that sounds... Every innocent is important! Lynch happy games are always heavily favored toward the mafia.
And forgive the double posting, but see, here's the thing -- in any conventional game, lynching is the single most important resource for the town. It's what the town gets in exchange for the scum's nightkill, and it's not uncommon at all for it to be the only thing town can ultimately do about scum players at all. Even a successful cop is good for nothing if the town won't lynch appropriately to their findings.

Of course, this is far from a conventional game, but in general, being much too favourable towards abstaining can spell out doom for town, so that's something to keep in mind.

Right, okay, that makes sense then... but I'm still not seeing the vote res thing. It isn't really confirmed. And in a game like this - where people can survive kill actions, like the mafia's attacks - doesn't it make more sense to get some sort of final confirmation on lynching people?

One, I feel like res is res and is active when it feels like being active. Plus a lot of the post was apparently posting stats, which is simple enough to do.

??? ??? We vote res... because it was "confirmed" mafia by our pseudo-inspector... what confirmation would you want??? I mean, mafia-playing isn't filling out and certifying that a player is mafia in triplicate. Usually I'm wary to lynch without evidence, but we have evidence, and I'm vaguely disturbed how it wasn't responded to.

Oookay then. So that implies that it's more likely after all?

How so? Sure, if you're just voting randomly, you're more likely to hit an innocent than a mafia - but we're not. I disagree. I mean, this is a very abstain-biased forum, but like. You need to lynch players to get rid of the mafia, generally speaking that's how that works. Innocents are important, yes, so we don't want to randylynch for no reason. But this isn't a randylynch! And, well, the risk of losing an innocent is way outweighed by the possible reward of getting a mafia.

At this point I've concluded that res is mafia (fault of mine: sitting too long and brewing on mafia games, getting my own ideas based on overanalyzed evidence), and if that turns out to be true I'm going to be a liiittle bit suspicious of you! But.

Eh, I say we take it. After all, the fact that the nightkills can't off us instantaneously is a severe hamper on the mob's end, so we should take full advantage of the fact that we can kill back undeterred. The fact that they can't kill us very efficiently also means that losing innos will hurt us much, much less than it does in an ordinary game.

So, buh-bye, Eins. Luftballon!

Sigh. I guess you make a point. I just really hate that we're basing this off Charm when we don't know what it does exactly. They could have easily been roleblocked by one of the people that HAVEN'T TALKED YET.

Yyyyyeah lynching res seems like a no-brainer. This Charm-not-working thing may not be quite as good as an inspection since a roleblock would (presumably?) give the same result, but it's definitely a strong way to cast suspicion, and the town pretty much needs to act on any good hints they get.

1. Luftballon.

I have the move Role Play which allows me to copy another players attack and use it on the target of my choice. So if there are any players with an inspecting role we can double our coverage tonight. Otherwise, I might just copy Alligates so I can use Charm.

1. Luftballon

No damage here either, by the way.

Oh, sorry, forgot about the damage thing in the middle of the res lynching discussion. I didn't take any damage either last night.

1. Luftballon

I also have Role Play and I think you more or less redirect your target's move, not copy it.

res

You might not want to do this after I've voted to lynch you and all, but I took 60hp damage; can you see if it was indeed your move that bopped me?

1. Luftballon

I also have Role Play and I think you more or less redirect your target's move, not copy it.

No, I'm pretty sure you copy it. Maybe we should send a PM to Birdy to confirm?

If so, why don't we all use Charm tonight? We can weed out our mafia pretty quickly with this strategy.

Do you get to choose which move you're copying, though?

And I mean, there's a move that would actually do that in the games (Mimic) and Role Play copies abilities, so really, I highly recommend that you both double-check the effects you've got there.

Back
Top Bottom