• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Referee Headquarters

*headdesks**headdesks**headdesks*

Sorry, I was under the immpression that Trapinch had a speed of 100, but it turns out that's its attack.

Meh. I supose it'd be fine to try again next time?

Scyther

Yes; there's no limit to how many times you can try out for a referee position.

Kindling Queen

Aren't those emergency reffings?

I was a ref even before the forum crash. Could I start immidiately as a novice, or would you like me to do the mock/send in an old reffing? (I know generally I could, but I'm asking since it's a long time ago.

For the Novice mock, Nola is a Chinchou, right? I dunno if it's just me, but it says something like "(Posted Image)" where the name of the species is. I'd assume so due to the Spark commands of the previous round, but I'd just like to confirm. Thanks.

Pim

If you could send me one of your old reffings, that would be great.

Astral

Eh, sure, we'll make Nola a chinchou.

Okay, thanks Negrek.

--

Arena Description said:
Single battle - 1 vs 1
DQ: 7 days
Damage cap: 42% I've been listening to the Hitch-Hiker's Guide original radio series all day.
Banned moves: Fire-type moves
Arena: Floating Bottle (from free arenas)

A bottle full of water floating in the sky. It may seem impossible, but seeing is believing, after all. All types except Water faint after three turns from lack of oxygen(unless it doesn't breathe and/or has a certain ability), so it's recommended to just use Water types in it. Fire, Ground, and Rock types instantly faint if used, so try to avoid using them. Electric and Water attacks gain 15% more power and accuracy, so Chinchou and Lanturn are probably your best bet.

Zhorken's Party [ O ]
Milotic
Mili'raei [F]
Health: 79%
Energy: 50%

Commands: Mirror Coat/Chill/Recover ~ Mirror Coat/Chill/Recover ~ Mirror Coat/Chill/Recover

-

Honalululand's Party [ O ]
Chinchou
Nola [F]
Health: 70%
Energy: 60%
Status: Very irritated, frustrated. Toxic'd (12% at the end of this round)

Commands: Rest ~ Snore ~ Snore

--

BEGIN ROUND X

Mili'raei slowly swam down towards Nola, who had been resting on the bottom of the arena for quite some time. She paced herself, not willing to jump to conclusions; any more shocks, and she would definitely start to hurt. But her trainer was pretty smart. If she hung back and waited to see if the angler fish would spark, she could get use her mirror-like scales as a shield and reflect it back. Maybe, for once, she'd turn the tables on the little critter.

But Nola did what the Milotic did not expect; the Chinchou pulled its lamps towards its body, almost as if curling up to go to sleep. Nola's body begin to expel out the poisons, and relieved her from the battle's injuries. A faint snoozing sound came from her a few moments afterward, signaling she was sound asleep. That was just as well for Mili'raei, though.. she could take a little break and relax from the action while Nora slept. Mili'raei closed her eyes, and drifted off..

SHZONK! Mili'raei's eyes shot open as snores of varying intensity emitted from Nola. Startled, the elegant Pokémon's chill was cut short as she frantically looked around for the source of the noise. Mili'raei glanced again at the still-sleeping Chinchou. Of course, Nola was the only other Pokemon in the arena.

Once again, Mili'raei relaxed her snake-like body, taking another round to chill and restore energy. As the Milotic did so, Nola began to snore loudly once more. Mili'raei readied herself, making sure that her chill would not be disrupted this time. The snoring still unsettled her, but she remained focused, restoring her energy.

--

Zhorken's Party [ O ]
Milotic
Mili'raei [F]
Health: 71%
Energy: 77%

Commands: Mirror Coat/Chill/Recover ~ Mirror Coat/Chill/Recover ~ Mirror Coat/Chill/Recover

-

Honalululand's Party [ O ]
Chinchou
Nola [F]
Health: 100%
Energy: 37%

Commands: Rest ~ Snore ~ Snore

Ref's notes:

- Mili'raei used Chill all three rounds.
- Because Mili'raei was waiting to see if it would use an Electric attack, Nola performed her move first.
- Mili'raei's first and second chills blended together in one continuous action, as there was no real interruption between the two. Nola's first Snore came right before Mili'raei's third action; her other one came during the chill.
- Nola will wake during the first action of the next round.
- Honalululand attacks first.
- Zhorken attacks next.
- I mock ref.
--

I think I could have done a better job with the description.. but there wasn't a whole lot of action to work with here. D;

Last edited:
Post from Negrek

Negrek said:
Astral

Your battle description is fine; nothing really needs work there.

Health and energy look okay for the most part, but you've taken off quite a lot for Nola's rest attack. She only had to restore 30% health, which I would normally put at a cost of 15% energy. I don't know if you took extra points off because the rest healed the poison, or if you were just charging a different amount, or what, but 23% seems like a bit much to me--almost as much as the attack gave back in health.

Aside from that, though, this looks all right. Approved

Paychecks

Chiropter: 1 = $12
Empoleon: 1 = $3
Jack_the_PumkinKing: 1 = $6
Kratos Aurion: 1 2 = $20
Kusarigamaitachi: 1 = $10
moon-panther: 1 2 = $8
Negrek: 1 2 3 = $30

I'd like to try out for the novice rank, but Astral's has already been approved and the paychecks have been handed out. I guess it's safe to assume that I can't use that mock; so, do you have any idea when the new one will be posted? Not that I want to rush you or anything.

The3FightingDragons

Most people don't type their reffings while they're actually on the forum itself (I think); if you prepare your reffing ahead of time in a word processor, then perhaps you could put it on an SD card and put that into the Wii, then copy it onto the internet? I honestly don't know if the Wii can grab stuff other than pictures off an SD card, and I've never used its internet service, so other than that, I can't give you any suggestions.

blazheirio889

There should be a new mock posted tomorrow.

Edit: It's done.

Last edited:
Ah, excuse my excessive attention to little details, but what round is the novice-level mock set in? My impression is that it can't be far into the battle, but I still want to make sure that it is/isn't the 3rd or 6th round.

Fourth round, but you could have made it any one you wanted if you did/didn't want to show the terrain effect.

As you probably already know, I'm trying the novice-rank mock.

---

3v3
One out at a time
DQ Time: One week
Damage Cap: 25%
Banned Moves: OHKOs,Dig, Earthquake, and any move needing a floor.
Terrain: Logical Data

Huh? You battle inside a network! Random lines of HTML and CSS will stream through every three rounds, and if it touches either pokemon, the following things may happen (not all at once):
5% HP loss (Usually)
+2 to all stats (Sometimes for Porygon and Porygon2, rarely for other Pokemon)
Fainting (Almost never, but for Water pokemon, sometimes)
Full Energy and HP restore (Almost never for ALL pokemon)

Dig, Earthquake, and any move requiring a sky or floor are prohibited. However, Fly will simply do it's effect, but not as well, seeing as there is no sky to fly up into. Weather attacks are also prohibited, and if the battle rages on for 40 turns, a virus will come through, and reduce all Pokemon's health by 25%.

Round Four

Icy_Vaporeon (OOO)

Scyther
Forest (F) Swarm
Energy: 70%
Status: Getting a bit cocky. +4 Speed, +4 Attack, Safeguard in effect.
Commands: Substitute (15%)/Protect ~ Chill ~ Return/Protect

Pokemongirl (OOO)

Charizard
Ryuuzard (M) Blaze
Health: 97%
Energy: 79%
Status: Starting to get a whee bit annoyed with his trainer’s commands. +4 Speed, +4 Attack
Commands: Slash ~ Flamethrower ~ Protect

Ryuuzard growled and gathered himself to lunge at his opponent. It was about time he dealt some damage. He spread his wings and flew at Forest, claws ready to dig into her exoskeleton – only to smash said claws into a translucent green shield. Silver sparks flew out from where he made contact with the energy barrier, and an audible screeching sound like nails on a chalkboard made him wince. From behind her shield, Forest stuck her tongue out at Ryuuzard. Nice try.

Letting the shield drop, Forest proceeded to sit down on the invisible floor. Slashing away at the Charizard provided great amusement, but she was starting to get tired. Resting for a bit didn’t sound that bad… Just as the thought crossed the mantis’s mind, Ryuuzard roared and spat a jet of fire at her. The flames licked across her, scorching her shell and eating away at the delicate wing membrane; Forest bit back the urge to scream. When the attack finally ended, she was left twitching with pain while Ryuuzard grinned smugly. The Scyther’s frosty glare only added to his amusement.

The Scyther stood up again, wincing slightly but never breaking her glare, and went over her last command. Return? Clearly she wasn’t in the best mood right now. Forest shrugged - she couldn’t disobey her trainer - and began to cross the short distance between her and Ryuuzard. Think happy thoughts, happy thoughts… She raised her left scythe, prepared to smash the blunt edge of the weapon into Ryuuzard’s side, but he was ready for it. A barrier of pure energy, not unlike the one Forest had created earlier, made her attack stop a few inches short of the dragon’s snout. It was his turn to stick his tongue at his opponent, while Forest pouted slightly and settled with chopping away at Ryuuzard in her mind.

Icy_Vaporeon (OOO)

Scyther
Forest (F) Swarm
Health: 83%
Energy: 76%
Status: “Oh, he is going to pay." +4 Speed, +4 Attack, Safeguard in effect.

Pokemongirl (OOO)

Charizard
Ryuuzard (M) Blaze
Energy: 66%

Terrain notes
Nothing to note.

Final notes
Pokemongirl attacks first next round.

Last edited:
Trying for the Novice Rank:

Arena Description:
3v3
One out at a time
DQ Time: One week
Damage Cap: 25%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Dig, Earthquake, and any move needing a floor.
Terrain: Logical Data

Huh? You battle inside a network! Radom lines of HTML and CSS will stream through every three rounds, and if it touches either pokemon, the following things may happen (not all at once):
5% HP loss (Usually)
+2 to all stats (Sometimes for Porygon and Porygon2, rarely for other Pokemon)
Fainting (Almost never, but for Water pokemon, sometimes)
Full Energy and HP restore (Almost never for ALL pokemon)

Dig, Earthquake, and any move requiring a sky or floor are prohibited. However, Fly will simply do it's effect, but not as well, seeing as there is no sky to fly up into. Weather attacks are also prohibited, and if the battle rages on for 40 turns, a virus will come through, and reduce all Pokemon's health by 25%.

Current Pokémon Status:
Forest (F) <Swarm>
Scyther
- Getting a bit cocky. +4 Speed, +4 Attack (Safeguard in effect.)

Ryuuzard (M)
Charizard
Energy: 79%
- Starting to get a whee bit annoyed with it's owners commands. +4 Speed, +4 Attack

Ryuuzard stared intensely at his opponent for a moment, readying his claws for his next attack. A split-second later, he was charging toward his opponent rearing back his arms and taking aim at Forest’s thin frame. Unfortunately for him, Forest was faster. Quickly putting up a transparent wall of glowing energy, Forest knelt down and enforced the barrier. When Ryuuzard collided, he was bounced backward and flew to the ground.

Seeing as her opponent was down, Forest decided this would be a good time to rest up a bit. She lay down on the odd “floor” of the network, and closed her eyes. Ryuuzard wasn’t truly knocked out, tired, or even injured however. He quickly jumped up and grinned mischievously at the sight of his opponent resting on the ground in front of him. Ryuuzard threw his head forward and released a torrent of flames that engulfed Forest causing her to spring up and cry in pain. Fortunately for Forest, her protective Safeguard was still in place, and prevented any serious burns. As Ryuuzard let up the attack, Forest turned and glared at the Charizard.

Still feeling that she had the upper hand in this battle, Forest started charging at Ryuuzard, quickly building up speed. Ryuuzard was prepared however, and imitated Forest’s earlier actions by putting up a faintly glowing force field. He stood steadily behind it, ready to block the oncoming attack. Forest meanwhile was putting her overconfidence and energetic spirit behind her attack. Not noticing the barrier between her and her opponent, she struck the shield as hard as she could, only to recoil back and realize Ryuuzard had been well protecting himself. As Ryuuzard let his shield disappear, he was feeling much better about himself now, and on the contrary, Forest was now feeling a little bitter on having been both hit and blocked within one round of the battle.

Current Pokémon Status:
Forest (F) <Swarm>
Scyther
Health: 82%
- A little less over-confident. +4 Speed, +4 Attack (Safeguard in effect.)

Ryuuzard (M)
Charizard
Energy: 66%
- Feeling a bit more confident. +4 Speed, +4 Attack

Ref's Notes:
- Pokemongirl attacks first next round
- Icy_Vaporeon attacks second
- I mock ref

blazheirio889

Battle description is just fine; good job on that part.

As for health and energy... the damage to Forest is fine, and assuming you gave 15%, not 10%, back for the chill, energy is fine, too, although the pokémon used a little less than I would have charged them if I were doing it. Great mock; you're Approved.

Aethelstan

Your battle description is pretty good. At times your grammar and punctuation is a bit muddy, but there's no problem in telling what's going on.

Damage and energy are fine. Approved

Paychecks

Astral: 1 = $3
Dragon: 1 2 3 4 5 = $30
Empoleon: 1 2 = $6
Full Metal Cookies: 1 = $3
Kratos Aurion: 1 2 = $3
moon-panther: 1 = $3
Negrek: 1 2 = $20
Pim: 1 = $3

I'd like to try out for Novice rank please. Don't know if I'm allowed to do it now or with this battle, but I may as well make myself look like an idiot in style ;P

3 vs 3
1 Out at Time
DQ: 2 Weeks
Damage Caps: 25%
Banned Moves: OHKO's
Other: 3 Chills per Pokemon, 2 Heal moves per Pokemon, (Rest, Recover, Synthesis, ect..)

The fight takes place on a small stage surrounded by a cheering crowd. Powerful lights beam down on the field, making it hot and bright in the arena, and this and the noise is likely to unnerve any timid Pokémon sent into battle.

Pre-round Pokemon status:

216.png

Kuma [Teddiursa M] <Quick Feet>
Energy: 85%

280.png

Ralts [F] <Synchronize>
Health: 90%
Energy: 83%

As Kuma receives commands from Yugi his trainer, he watches the Ralts and waits. Assuming it’s not going to attack, Kuma decides it’s time to use Bulk Up. His muscles start growing bigger and he can feel the power coursing through his body.

Ralts then sees her opportunity to stop the little blighter from moving entirely. She charges up and fires a ball of electrical energy towards Kuma, scoring a direct hit. As the little bear’s body is struck by paralysis, Ralts smirks and prepares herself for some angry retaliation.

Unfortunately for the green-headed menace, Kuma’s Bulk Up was successful, making him a force to be reckoned with. The only thing bad in Kuma’s mind was the fact that he found it hard to move at all. Mustering up as much strength as he could to make his opponent pay, he lunged forward at Ralts, claws out. Ralts was unable to move, having not been given a different command by her trainer. All she could do was stand there while Kuma sliced into her with his sharp claws, leaving a few cuts on her skin.

Kuma fills with confidence after hitting with a successful Fury Swipes. He gets up and focuses his strength causing a dark aura to surround him. Her opponent now completely gone from sight, Ralts concentrates hard and within seconds, sends a powerful shockwave of Psychic energy that causes a strange noise that sounds like yelling in pain. Kuma, wanting the pain to stop, suddenly comes out of nowhere and slams Ralts hard with a closed fist which sends her sliding about ten feet along the ground. Getting back up on her feet, Ralts stares at her opponent who stares right back. Both of them have taken quite a beating this round and both can’t wait to dish out the pain once more.

Post-round Pokemon status:

216.png

Kuma [Teddiursa M] <Quick Feet>
Energy: 71%
Paralysed
+1 Atk, +1 Def -1 Sp Def

280.png

Ralts [F] <Synchronize>
Health: 70%
Energy: 73%
Status: Wanting to pull the stuffing out of this teddy bear

Ref’s notes:
- Kuma's increased muscle mass and Ralts' thirst for revenge negated the stage's unnerving atmosphere
- Fury Swipes hit 4 times
- Ralts cannot learn Counter, please check your move pool
- No attacks scored Critical hits
- Kuma was never fully paralysed
- Psychic successfully lowered Kuma’s Special Defense by 1
- Paralysis check also meant that Bulk Up was successful
- Kuroihoshi attacks first next round

3 vs 3
1 Out at Time
DQ: 2 Weeks
Damage Caps: 25%
Banned Moves: OHKO's
Other: 3 Chills per Pokemon, 2 Heal moves per Pokemon, (Rest, Recover, Synthesis, ect..)

The fight takes place on a small stage surrounded by a cheering crowd. Powerful lights beam down on the field, making it hot and bright in the arena, and this and the noise is likely to unnerve any timid pokémon sent into battle.

Nate Skywolf
Teddiursa
Kuma (M)
Quick Feet
Energy: 85%
Counter/Protect/Bulk Up ~ Fury Swipes/Counter/Protect ~ Faint Attack

Kuroihoshi
Ralts
Ralts (F)
Synchronize
Energy: 83%
Thunder Wave ~ Counter ~ Psychic.

Ralts didn’t wait a moment to execute his commands. She waved her hand, summoning a fair size of electric energy, took aim, then discharged it all into the tiny bear’s little body.

“Damn it,” Kuma muttered in a way quite contradicting his endearing appearance. Electric pulsed through his body, making it extremely hard to control the way his muscles work.

Nevertheless, he focused very hard on motivating a certain part of his brain to work harder, and he instantly felt better, not because the paralysis was cured, but because he felt much more powerful. His mucles rippled, and Kuma grinned ready for anything.

…That is, ready for anything except his next move. Fury swipes? That sure did require a lot of moving around. Kuma sighed, however, when he had taken but one step forward, his muscles failed him, leaving the teddy bear Pokèmon frozen in his tracks.

It took Ralts several moments to realize that her opponent wasn’t going anywhere. She moved out of her defensive stance that she had subtlety moved into, and then gave a bit of a snort as her stood there, staring blankly.

But this was apparently a bad move, as just when Ralts gave her restrained laugh, Kuma disappeared into nothingness, and the crowd gasped.

As quickly as he had vanished, Kuma reappeared behind Ralts, dealing her a quick but hard sucker punch to the back of her head.
Ralts screamed, more out of fright than pain, and send a large wall of psychic energy pumbling into Kuma and sending him flying halfway across the stadium, where he landed on the cold, unforgiving steel.

The crowd went wild.

Nate Skywolf
Teddiursa
Kuma (M)
Quick Feet
Energy: 77%
-Paralyzed
-1+ attack, 1+defence

Kuroihoshi
Ralts
Ralts (F)
Synchronize
Health: 85%
Status: Pretty annoyed with the crowd and the tiny bump on the back of her head, but is otherwise content.

Notes:
-Kuma was fully paralyzed on his second action, thus Fury Swipes failed.
-Kuma moved first last action because of his ability, Quick Feet.
-Kuma attacks first next round.
-I ref.

Back
Top Bottom