• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Referee Headquarters

Promotions

blazheirio889 -> Advanced
Jack_the_PumpkinKing -> Elite

Paychecks

Aethelstan: 1 2 = $6
blazheirio889: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 = $42
Dragon: 1 = $6
Kindling Queen: 1 = $3
Kratos Aurion: 1 = $10
L'il Dwagie: 1 2 = $6
Negrek: 1 2 3 = $30

Last edited:
Ohwaitasecond, sorry for the double post, but that 3rd round there is an emergency reffing.

...Great, now I have to fix up my bank post :/

Um, I also finished a battle by disqualification here.

EDIT: Never mind, under certain conditions, the DQ might be forgiven.

Last edited:
Promotions

Prettzel -> Advanced

Paychecks

blazheirio889: 1 2 3 4 5 6 = $36
Dragon: 1 2 3 4 5 = $30
Jack_the_PumpkinKing: 1 = $10
Kratos Aurion: 1 2 3 4 = $44
moon-panther: 1 = $5
Negrek: 1 2 3 4 = $40
Prettzel: 1 = $6

Last edited:
Applying for ref.

-----

6 vs. 6
Single Battle
Damage Cap: 25%
DQ time: One Week
Banned Moves: OHKOs and ground moves.

Round X

G-mew (OOOOOO)
Currently out: Zigzag
Zigzagoon
Female Zigzagoon
Ability: Gluttony
Health: 85%
Energy: 83%
Condition: Despising opponent, though happy that she does not have to walk.
Commands: Blizzard ~Double Team ~ Chill

PichuK (OOOOOO)
Currently out: Kashumi
Chinchou
Female Chinchou
Ability: Volt Absorb
Health: 88%
Energy: 81%
Condition: Overall okay, but un-happy with what is going on with the terrain.
Commands: Hydro Pump + Thunder ~ Frustration/Chill

Arena:
Takes place on top of a pond. Water types get an added bonus.
There are small wooden boards for land Pokemon. Charmander and evolutions may enter, although Pokemon may not cause them to fall in the water(flame on tail).
Arena status: It’s raining (6 actions left).

-----​

The usually calm waters of the pond were heavily struck by the rain that poured from above. Thunder strikes could be heard; luckily, they were nowhere near the arena.

Standing over wooden boards and under umbrellas, both trainers loudly issued commands for their Pokémon. On both sides, wide grins stretched, as risky yet potentially rewarding moves were planned.

The referee, who unlike the battlers failed to expect a downpour, allowed the round to begin with a wave of a wet flag.

Still finding the storm to be terribly uncomfortable, Kashumi opened the round. First, she allowed a loud roar to spread through the air; afterwards, she quickly followed up by swallowing a huge amount of water and aiming for her foe, who stood over one of the platforms.

A high-pressure jet of water shot from the Chinchou’s mouth just as the skies unleashed a bolt of lightning. Both attacks met; the electricity raced from the aquatic blast to Zigzag’s body, as the Hydro Pump hit her on the face. The combo struck true and straight, with enough force to nearly knock the target off the wooden board.

Pulsing with pain, the Zigzagoon pulled herself together, struggling to concentrate as she readied her counterstrike. First, in a motion similar to the one employed by Kashumi earlier, Zigzag sucked in as much air as possible. After a couple of seconds spent in aim and concentration, she unleashed the Blizzard attack.

The effectiveness of the attack was diminished by the target’s location – mostly submerged. While it successfully hit the Chinchou, it also struck water, leaving a tiny, thin sheet of ice in front of her.

The more successful attack performed by Kashumi, on the other hand, took a toll on her. While it didn’t detract from her health, it was a move that required energy. She strongly agreed with her trainer’s command to take a break. She closed her eyes and remained mostly under the water, trying to regain stamina.

The command on Zigzag’s end wasn’t as agreeable, though. Double Team is a move that requires running – which was probably one of the actions she’d least like to take in her condition. Nevertheless, she made an effort. Jumping from platform to platform while trying to resist the muscle pain as much as possible, she didn’t achieve nearly as much as she could, but, for the time being, two clones ought to be enough.

The following few moments were absolutely inactive. Exhausted from the sprint, Zigzag allowed her legs to give in over one of the wooden boards. Her virtual doppelgangers followed her lead. However, the electricity coursing through her muscles gripped her tight, making even a simple action such as chilling extremely uncomfortable.
Kashumi took no further moves. She just stood behind the ice sheet in front of her.

Round X – End

G-mew (OOOOOO)
Currently out: Zigzag
Zigzagoon
Female Zigzagoon
Ability: Gluttony
Health: 60%
Energy: 67%
Condition: In terrible pain.

PichuK (OOOOOO)
Currently out: Kashumi
Chinchou
Female Chinchou
Ability: Volt Absorb
Health: 83%
Energy: 79%
Condition: Relaxed and ready for the next orders.​

Arena status: It’s raining (3 actions left). A small sheet of ice has formed on the water in front of Kashumi.

Additional notes:
- The crossed-out command on Kashumi’s commands indicates it’s a conditional that depended on the foe’s moves and thus was ruled out early.
- I figured the combination of Hydro Pump and Thunder would be possible, but very difficult. The total energy I had it cost was the sum of the two moves individually plus 5%. On the other hand, boosts in power and deductions in energy cost were applied for each attack based on the arena and its condition (i.e. the rain).
- Blizzard dealt 2% less damage because part of the attack struck water instead of striking Kashumi.
- No, Kashumi wasn’t partially frozen by the Blizzard attack. It merely froze some of the water nearby.
- Double Team produced two clones because Zigzag’s already average speed was severely lowered by the paralysis.
- Zigzag was fully paralyzed at the third action; thus, no energy was recovered.
- Having used the combo on the first action, Kashumi didn’t move at the third round.
- Each move Zigzag successfully performed cost an extra 1% of energy due to paralysis.
- G-mew attacks first next round.

Metallica Fanboy

Your battle description is a bit sparse. Mechanically, it's not bad, but there's not a lot said about how the attacks look or how they're performed. For example, you don't really say much about the blizzard attack--Zigzag just inhales, then "unleashes a blizzard." Double team apparently takes some movement, but you don't really explain how Zigzag's jumping around translates into clone production.

Personally, I wouldn't have let the thunder + hydro pump thing go through; it would require the chinchou to focus on two extremely different but also difficult attacks simultaneously, and somehow time a lightning bolt to strike an ephemeral column of water. That sort of multitasking sounds like it's bordering on the impossible to me.

I would expect that combo to have done a lot more damage to Zigzag, though--it whacked off 25%, while the combined base power of hydro pump and thunder is 240, without factoring in STAB or the rain boost. Likewise, it only took twelve energy to pull it off--despite the fact that you added a 5% penalty for the combo! Those attacks cost 6-7% each to use, so I would've expected a bit more loss there (assuming you gave back 10-15% energy for the chill). I could go with you just giving out lower damage and energy in general, but Zigzag's blizzard looks to have done a normal amount of damage given the circumstances. Again assuming 10-12% energy recovery for the chill, Zigzag used almost as much energy for his blizzard + double team as Kashumi did for the thunder + hydro pump combo, which is... a bit off!

I would look into health and energy first and foremost; I'm not sure what's going on there, really... your numbers appear rather inconsistent. The battle description's a little shaky, but not too bad. Not Approved

Paychecks

blazheirio889: 1 2 3 4 5 = $30
Dragon: 1 = $6
Kratos Aurion: 1 2 3 4 5 6 = $62
Negrek: 1 2 3 4 5 6 = $60

Last edited:
Quick clarification: Hydro Pump + Thunder did 25% damage because that was the damage cap.

Back
Top Bottom