• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Roleplaying 'pet peeves'

I detest it when someone posts a post that's near impossible to reply to. It also annoys me when people just put a picture from an anime instead of a real description.

It bothers me when people add 'to prove you read the rules, state x in your form'. Honestly, if you're that bothered about it, you should be able to go through and read the form to see if it follows the rules. How important is it if the word 'banana' isn't in the form? People can still get the forms wrong or not even read the rules properly and still have the word 'banana' in the form.
I mean you should probably actually read the form anyway, not just scan for the word 'banana' in everyone's applications.

I see nothing wrong with always using the same character. Anyways:

-Godmoding/Powerplaying/Timemoding
- Bad grammar
- When you start out with one plot but the plot changes too quickly.
-Instant romance. Seriously, love at first site isn't...realistic in the slightest.

-Godmoding, Mary-stus, etc.
-People who honestly can't spell. When I say this, I mean those who haven't yet realized that every sentence and name starts with a higher case letter. Honestly. I learned that in grade one.
-People who can think taht they can get into any RP with a horrible form that explains nothing, and then complains and complains when they don't get in.
-People who never post.

I'm not going to give names, and I meant no offence.

What I really don't like, while it doesn't break the rules but is still annoying, is when you sign up for an RP, you follow the rules set out by the OP, you spend the better part of two hours coming up with a rich and interesting character that would be relevant to the plot set out by the OP. Then they decline your character. You ask why. "It's good, but it won't fit very well in the RP"

But then they'll let in more people with mediocre to poor sign-ups, some as irrelevant (or more so) as your own sign-up that got rejected - just because they begged or got reserved. Talk about inconsistant. Or just wanting their friends to join. Thankfully, I haven't seen any of that here.

Actually inconsistancy is just as bad overall. When the thread starter treats certain players (not characters, the actual players) differently from one another or have some sort of bias, such as letting their best friend get away with breaking the rules and punishing whoever speaks up about it. Thankfully I don't see any of that happening here either.

Not on here (since we don't have very many school-based roleplays), but on other certain forums I frequent *cough Gaia cough* :

People always assume, "Oh, if you go to an all-girl school, you must be bi or a lesbian!" (By the way, I know for a fact that this is most certainly not true.) It seriously irks me because I happen to go to an all-girl school, and (if you read any of my holy-crud-I-really-need/want-a-date-to-my-dance-thing posts/threads, you'd know) I am most certainly not either. (No offense to those who are, but still.) [/rant]

Okay, new pet peeves:

When someone starts an RP, then just drops it before anyone has a chance to even do anything. The DM doesn't even let anyone know that he/she doesn't want to run it anymore, they just let it die. No offense to anyone, but 90% of the RPs I've joined have ended like this.

Also, people who start a new RP when they already have a whole lot that apply to the above paragraph, and you just know that it's gonna end up the same way. Once again, no offense, but please, just pick one and stick with it, will ya?

I'm guilty of using the same name's constantly. D:

I can't stand bad grammr and spelling. I can understand occasional mistakes (I make little ones all the time, which is why I'm going to take Keyboarding next year) , but it gets on my nerves when it's obvious people don't try. Also, I hate it when people assume things (For example, assuming that plots don't need approval) .

Like Castform said in the first post, I don't mean to offend anyone, I'm just saying, it gets irritating.

Also on another forum *coughGaiacough* but still.

If you're going to make a Pokemon roleplay, for the love of God PLEASE don't reuse Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh's map and give new names to the cities.

Holy crap, someone actually spelled "Godmoding" correctly! (It's derived from the term "God Mode," y'know. Thus, only one d.)

I was beginning to think I was the only one left on the Internet who knew that...

*faints*
I thought the spelling 'godmoding' wasn't used ANYWHERE anymore. There are still people left! ;A;

As for me... I really hate people who don't use punctuation. It's kind of a given in roleplay, obviously, but I'm on a rather literate roleplay forum where this one person never uses commas in the same post. It's so irritating. o_o And the forum is based on ranks, so like, the most well known people have high ranks and are well respected and all that, and their character is seen as really respectable in character. And this person is really high up in the ranks! I'm beginning to wonder whether I'm just seeing things or something...

I also really hate arrogant roleplayers, who consider themselves 'advanced' or 'literate plus' or whatever other level system they have. I've always seen it going 'illiterate - semi-literate - literate', there was never an extra level. Seriously, if you see yourself as an 'extra level' you're really stuck-up. And these 'advanced' people are nearly always totally arrogant and see anyone less than 'advanced' as some kind of idiot just because they don't proclaim themselves to be so mighty...

I also really hate arrogant roleplayers, who consider themselves 'advanced' or 'literate plus' or whatever other level system they have. I've always seen it going 'illiterate - semi-literate - literate', there was never an extra level. Seriously, if you see yourself as an 'extra level' you're really stuck-up. And these 'advanced' people are nearly always totally arrogant and see anyone less than 'advanced' as some kind of idiot just because they don't proclaim themselves to be so mighty...

I know what you mean.

Also when the heck did "literate" mean you have to post two paragraphs a post?

Pfft, on RP forums I used to be on I had to write 700+ words for every post. :B That was advanced, though.

I'm so used to roleplaying on forums like that I can't join in on TCoD roleplays. ._. Some people have big posts, some people have small posts... messes with my head...

Pfft, on RP forums I used to be on I had to write 700+ words for every post. :B That was advanced, though.

I'd might as well write a short story at that point.

Y'all might've hated it back at Pokemon Crater. With no real restrictions on RPing, there was an extremely broad spectrum of people frequenting the same forum, from scrubs that don't capitalize, correct their spelling errors, and such, to the folks who wrote 500~ words per post. Although the latter mostly closed themselves to everyone else, perfectly understandable.

Sorry for the half-bump, but just realized something;

When you're making a roleplay based off an already-established game/anime/whatever, any character that is in the original is called CANON. Not CANNON. "Cannon" refers to the large weapon that shoots large balls that ould rip your head off.

If you have something relevant to contribute to the thread (you did), it's not a bump. No apologisin' or I'll beat you.

Back
Top Bottom