• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Slender Man: The Thing That Scared Something Awful And CAD Forums

Just watched it. That wasn't even creepy, that was fucking mindrape. Although, the video does more or less confirm a few things. totheark is almost certainly Masky/Tim rather than a third antagonist.

Hold on, I just thought of something. Why would wikipedia tear down the Slender Man article so quickly? To avoid internet-wide panic.

Guys, some people at Something Awful did some comparisons

The handwritten Regards is a perfect match to Alex's hand 'writing' (the scribbled letters on those drawings and pieces of paper Jay found)

But Masky is Tim!

And if that is the case, then that implies that Masky and Totheark are not the same person. Besides, Masky is likely several people, since its clothing and hair changes, once even having Sarah's hair (although I never noticed that myself, the thread at Something Awful has people saying that, and they tend to pay more attention than I do XD)

So far Masky has appeared in #18, #19, #23 and Warning if memory serves. In #18 and #19, he's Tim because his face is revealed for a frame in #18 and in #19 he's wearing the same jacket that Time wears in #20. In #23, he only appears for a couple of seconds before disappearing again but it looked like Tim again to me.

As for Warning, the first Masky also looks like Tim to me, but the second one is obviously different. I was suspecting it to be a video Masky made of Jay wearing the mask while he had him kidnapped.

That said, the multiple people theory is very interesting. If Masky is indeed Tim, Alex, Sarah and, presumably, Brian, then that would give the impression that Slender Man is amassing a cult of some description. I don't remember a Masky with Sarah-esque hair though.

The only time I've seen a masky with long hair was in that thing where a guy caught the actors on chatroulette with a girl who was wearing the mask. This video, at about 5:48. I don't think that's Sarah though. She's probably not even involved with MH. But you can see Jay and Alex in the background :v.

Masky's face was revealed for a panel in 18? Are there pics? :O

Also notice how it looks like Jay's face was painted like the mask in Return.

I can't watch videos on my laptop because they take too long to load but after Masky attacks Jay and they start tussling on the ground, Jay pulls of the mask for the briefest of moments and it reveals Tim's rather angry-looking face.

Err, can someone clear up who Jay and Tim and whatever are? I've already forgotten.

Tim is one of the actors from Marble Hornets and, since Alex, Brian, Seth and Sarah haven't been seen in months, the only remaining cast member of MH apart from Jay himself.

All of the people!

Jay = the narrator; the guy who tapes himself going into the house and to the tower, the one who updates the MH twitter, etc

Tim = the guy who gets interviewed in 15. He's also in Entries 17, 20, and one other one I don't care enough to look up. Might be Masky.

Alex = pretty obvious; guy who's missing

Seth = was holding the camera in 22 and apparently got mauled by Slendy or something; no one knows shit about this dude but he might be totheark

Brian = was in that video where they were rehearsing in the car. No one knows shit about this guy either, people seem to think he's dead for some reason

Sarah = was in that one video where Alex goes apeshit on everyone. Hasn't appeared since.

For the record - I hated the theory that Tim was Masky at first but am now very rapidly starting to believe it. I don't like this new theory that there's more than one Masky though. I think totheark is either Alex or Seth, and that he's staying in the house too.

What role does Masky play in all of this, though? Is he some minion of the Slender Man, or is he an independent factor...?

He seemed pretty malevolent in 18 and 19; not so much in 23. There's gotta be some explanation for how he can live in that house and not get fucked over by Slender Man though. I like the theory that the mask offers some sort of protection. Either that, or he is working with Slendy.

Perhaps Slender Man is after faces since he doesn't have one of his own, and by wearing a mask, Masky somehow saves himself from Slender Man. :V

or, I have no place in theory-making

I have heard somewhere say that Masky is part of Slender Man's cult and I am content with that for now

Ok, fucking hell

I drew a picture of Slender Man yesterday. Last night, I heard a demonic echo say my name, which made me jump

This morning, I heard what sounded like a woman yelling while falling down a pit, followed by three women yelling while falling down a pit (AAAaaaaahhhhh....). The first woman sounded normal. The other three sounded warped, as if they were going to hell or something

And no, I am not making this up ;.;

Auditory hallucinations are NOT good ;.;

As someone who knows 100% that Slender Man does not exist, I have had two dreams about him and I keep seeing flashes of him outside, within crowds, whatever.

... sigh ...

To me, Slender Man is always watching me, but always out of sight. I dread going out to fill the coal bucket at night. At least he has Barney the Dinosaur to keep him company now.

Back
Top Bottom