• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Slender Man: The Thing That Scared Something Awful And CAD Forums

Butterfree said:
...am I the only person who is not even vaguely spooked by this?

not by any means!

I was just waiting for someone else to say it first in case I was the only one.

...am I the only person who is not even vaguely spooked by this? Not only is it not real, but it's not even honestly pretending to be real; I mean, it originated in a "Create Paranormal Pictures" thread, for Pete's sake. It doesn't play off the sense of what-if that lends spookiness to I-swear-this-really-happened paranormal stories, and as far as acknowledgedly fictional horror stories and monsters go, the Slender Man is really awfully unremarkable. :/

Granted, I didn't read everything; I got bored after a while of "OMG! This photoshopped picture with a tentacled man in the background! I will never sleep easy again!" Maybe I'm just missing something?

At the current time, most of us are discussing Marble Hornets, an ARG presented through a series of videos from two YouTube accounts, one carrying the same title as the ARG, the other belonging to one of the characters, totheark, as well as through the protagonist's Twitter account developed around Slender Man, which, to be perfectly honest, scares the shit out of me.

Last edited:
Yeah. Marblehornets is much, MUCH spookier than those Photoshopped images. I suggest you check them out. It starts off as only a little unsettling, but as you go further along....

well marble hornets would in fact be an "I-swear-this-really-happened paranormal story" to anyone who doesn't know the origin of the monster. slender man himself is scary because of the way he just waits in the background of the videos, and the way you have to look carefully to see him, which leads you to do the same thing in real life and start seeing him everywhere.

also i'm not really sure why people call marble hornets an ARG. i see the AR, but there's not really a G aspect to it, is there?

it's the same as that "lonelygirl15" thing you may have heard about... i would probably classify it as "web orignal" or "web series" or something...

Ok guys, I'm getting freaked out now. I'm seeing him wherever I go

I took a picture of my backyard last night:

70224172.png

PLEASE tell me that I am seeing things!​

sorry to respond to a post from the first page but HOLY SHIT dude. that is clearly slender man. there is really nothing else it could be. assuming that you didn't photoshop that, i don't know how you're not flipping out over this

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

That is why I am scared shitless by him. I watched the first 15 entries. The first 15.... Without any knowledge on the slender man. Then I researched, and I read this blog that made it seem so real.... One thing came to the next and now I am here, pulling my curtains over the windows every night.

I'm still not seeing anything in that picture. :|

I was a lot more scared of Masky the first time I watched through. I swear, I could not walk across the hall to the bathroom at night for like a week for fear that he'd be sitting there on the couch in the living room (which just so happens to be placed where one could easily seizure-charge me from it at 9001MPH). :s But now Masky's just oddly cute for some reason. Slendy can still be scary though.

2dl84mh.png

Does that help?

Also, if you aren't on Roar of Time or another dark style, switch. It's easier to see him against a dark background.

that was my initial line of thought, but as hard as i tried i couldn't see it as that... the placement just doesn't work...

also how is anyone more scared of masky than of slendery? masky is just tim in a mask. jay kicked his ass in a fight. SLENDER MAN on the other hand is horrible.

edit: i don't know how many other people have realized this, but in entry 24 jay says he blocked the only exit to the house, and yet, slender man is in there when he's sleeping on the couch. so that means either a) slender man can teleport / go through walls or b) slender man has been in there for a very long time

Last edited:
Entry #24 also reveals that Jay's house is apparently connected to Slendy's lair in much the same way as the abandoned house, so that's probably how he got in.

The slender man is a curse. Those who know about him will be scarred for life. I went for a bike ride, and constantly looked at every conceivable point of view to see if he was there.

I know he doesn't exist, but my mind keeps telling me he does. I think I'm gonna run deep into the woods and conquer my fear of this imaginary man.

Entry #24 also reveals that Jay's house is apparently connected to Slendy's lair in much the same way as the abandoned house, so that's probably how he got in.

oh, i guess that makes sense.

slendy's lair is assumed to be that one area with the long pipe and when the camera looks into it it kind of looks like there's an eye at the end? and it's explored at the end of entry 23? and this is also what people refer to as the "bathhouse"?

Back
Top Bottom