• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Slender Man: The Thing That Scared Something Awful And CAD Forums

I had to watch Marble Hornets during the day or risk having nightmares for the first time in years. Is it weird that I'm just as afraid as Maskman as I am of Slendy?

lol, I first watched it at like 2 AM while I was the only one awake in the house. Awful idea.

Entry 18 was the first one to legit scare the shit out of me. Entry 16 was creepy in the sense that I was always expecting Jay to turn around and see that he wasn't alone somehow. Nothing ever happened in that entry, but when he came back in 18 and immediately saw that the door had been torn out and that someone had been in the house, it had me immediately going "ohshitohshitohshit". Then he goes down that hallway and turns around and there's something there with big fucking soulless eyes sitting on the couch that wasn't there ten seconds ago and it actually gets up and attacks him. And then in the next entry he breaks into Jay's house and carries him off. Slenderman just kind of stood there/creeped around; this fucker comes after you. It also helps that I find creepy faces scarier than no face at all.

Fortunately for me, Marble Hornets' minifandom likes to portray Masky as being oddly cute and innocent in a subtley creepy way (anyone friends with him on Facebook? :v) and he's a lot less scary when he's a cuddly little cheesecake-loving creepy fucker as opposed to a creepy fucker who drags you away at night to sacrifice you to slenderman or something.

Of course slendy's scary as hell too; I find myself looking for him when I go by wooded areas all the time. It's just easier to tell myself that a faceless tall dude with tentacles isn't real.

It's implied that Seth gets attacked by something at the end of Entry 22, and Jay runs right into him there at the end of Entry 23.

alright, i guess i'll rewatch it during the day when the rest of my family is awake so i don't flip out.

i think the scariest one is 19, i think it was, when masky breaks into jay's house. that was the only one that actually made me freaked out instead of simply unsettled. oh, and also the totheark video where slenderman is coming through a hallway and it says "found you"

the thing i can't figure out is why tim is going around wearing a mask, posting strange youtube videos, hiding out in alex's abandoned house, breaking into jay's house while he's sleeping... he goes from calmly getting interviewed by jay, seeming pretty normal, then a month later wearing a mask and attacking people? if we assume he is totheark then he was already making the videos even then...

it's very odd.

Well, I subscribe to the theory that TTA and Masky are two different people (though working together) and that TTA is either Seth or Brian. (Used to be Seth or Alex, but after Entry ###### I don't think it's Alex any more. Brian seems like the next most obvious one. He and Tim were friends, it's his house, he's missing too...)

Assuming that, I think it's very possible that Masky (Tim) could be getting controlled/coerced by TTA somehow.

do you think that TTA posted entry ######? because it is pretty clearly masky who made that video.

the thing is i really can't understand why any of jay's bros would be trying to freak him out. if i had never read any forums on the subject (and not noticed tim putting on the mask in ######, i guess), then i would probably assume that slender man and masky are both paranormal creatures, and masky is totheark. of course it is very clear that masky is tim. the thing is, why would tim do any of this? if tta/masky was, say, alex, that might make a bit of sense (alex was driven insane by slender man or something) but tim seems like a pretty normal guy.

i also don't know why people say seth is tta. have we even seen seth? why would someone we have yet to see be tta?

it's all very strange.

Guys, what if there's more than one Masky? I mean, kind of hard to tell under the mask and stuff, right? There could be an entire legion of Maskies at Slendy's beck and call.

I do think that TTA posted Entry ######; the fact that Masky's in it could easily be explained by him and TTA being in cahoots. :v Also it's sort of hard to tell, but it's possible there could be more than one masked person in that. There were screenshots showing that a couple pages back.

Seth was the cameraman in Entries 9 and 22. He really hasn't shown up much and probably has all of 20 seconds or so on-screen, but I feel there's something significant about Alex's decision to bring Seth with him to Slenderland. Obviously he wouldn't have wanted to go alone, but why did he pick Seth? Was he the only one available? Did Alex trust him?

The fact that Seth has been to Slenderland is important though. We don't know what happened to him after Entry 22; we can assume he didn't make it back with Alex, since Alex "just woke up in [the house] with the tape" with no mention of Seth besides that he's "gone". What happened to him then? Was he killed? If so, why would Slendy kill him of all people when Alex, the one he was after all this time, made it back just fine? It's possible he got taken somewhere else. And as Jay is starting to show, you aren't really quite the same after a run-in with Slendy. Seth is the only person besides Alex and Jay who we know for sure has contacted Slenderman. We know that TTA has some sort of special knowledge of this whole Slenderman deal.

it seems like slendy is not after killing people, so i would guess that seth would be still alive. (this from the fact that we see slender man go into both alex and jay's rooms while they are sleeping, and not do much)

i think the fact that there are different looking maskies (like in teh ebil snorlax's sig) can be attributed to weird video effects. the one on the left of his sig, for example, is clearly not a separate person, just a weird face in the static. then again, masky does say "we". but of course that could be referring to him and slenderman.

Yeah, the "we" is important. It's been used in other videos too ("Return to us") and Jay has specifically called attention to it over Twitter ("I don't like the fact that it says 'us' in the video"), which was probably hint-dropping. That's the main evidence for TTA =/= Masky.

Now, I haven't watched the series much anymore, because I am a chicken. I had a few ideas though. Masky would have to be someone who can get into Jay's house, but also be smart enough to upload things to YouTube. Jay might be like me and have his accounts saved so he doesn't have to log in every time. Masky might have taken advantage of this and posted videos to his channel.

Also, Masky could be a minion of Slendy who is the captured souls of all those terrorized by Slendy.

Just a couple lame ideas.

well masky (or at least a masky) is definitely tim, for a few reasons

- in entry ######, at :22 you can clearly see tim putting on the masky
- masky and tim wear the same jacket
- according to teh ebil snorlax, there's a frame in the scene where jay is fighting masky where masky's mask slips. but i haven't seen this myself, so

anyway, yeah. the question is why would tim do this.

That's what bothers me; Tim really has no apparent reason to get involved with this. The only two things that make sense to me are:

A) TTA is Brian and he and Tim are chilling out together since they're friends

or

B) TTA is Seth/someone else and Tim got dragged into this against his will. This makes a bit more sense to me considering how quickly he went from Mostly Normal Dude to Creepy Guy in Mask. It could be he wasn't even involved until Jay made TTA aware of him though Entry 15, and TTA decided he needed a goon. Either that, or he's a really good actor. (I saw an interesting theory somewhere that maybe TTA deprives him of his medicine unless he does as he's told, which could explain the random seizure in the hallway.)

I suppose the TTA =/= Masky theory could always be incorrect and there really could only be one, but again, why the hell would Tim have been doing all this by himself?

At any rate, I wonder why Jay hasn't thought to try finding Tim again?

i don't really know why jay would want to look for tim. as far as we can tell he doesn't know that tim is masky, and it's not exactly like tim divulged a lot of helpful information in their interview.

edit: also, i don't know how afraid jay even is of masky. jay beat him up in entry 18 (i think) and then in 23 he follows after masky's face when he sees it. of course, he does freak out upon seeing the tape that is entry 19, so we really don't know

Back
Top Bottom