• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Slender Man: The Thing That Scared Something Awful And CAD Forums

I haven't really gone into much detail with this, but this is just small theory based on some stuff from the Marble Hornets Wiki. In entry 22, Alex says:
Alex said:
"They're all gone… Tim, Jay, Sarah…"
He doesn't mention them being physically gone though, so they might of lost their memories.

My theory is that Slendy can somehow affect minds, and therefore memories. That would mean that Masky could be Tim, but he can't remember being Masky because his memories are modified by Slendy. It also explains the gaps in Jay's memory. Also, Alex's sentence makes sense.

aaaaaaaah which will prevail - my curiosity, or the wisdom not to watch any of these at 3 AM

probably the latter for now

edit: okay this entry was kind of lame, but whatever. good thing jay got out of there in time i guess.

Last edited:
am i the only one who saw slender man lurking around? maybe i'm just seeing him everywhere ?_?

A lot of people say they're seeing Slenderman/Masky/etc in the video; I personally doubt it considering
The video is from a news report of some apartment fire in Michigan from like two years ago with a different 'home video' spliced in. It's possible they could have done further editing than that, I guess, especially considering no one's found what that home video footage is from, but I kind of doubt anyone notable is in it.

I'm pretty sure TTA/Masky started the fire, considering how pissed they've been at Jay as of late. Not sure whether there was a deeper motive than to permanently displace Jay/make a bold statement though.

It... looks like someone who took a liking to the series and decided to nick various names from it? D: I do like the series of pictures from Warning followed by that picture of some chick with one of the Alvin and the Chipmunks dudes though.

I was kind of afraid to click that "for the lust" link at first. That blog is probably the most thoroughly confusing thing I've seen all week though. Is it a story, or a bunch of tl;dr meditations on life, or some sort of hipster writing project or what?

Damn, new Entry(I think) on my B-Day? Well, time to watch it....

EDIT: DEAR GOD. Just as he's ready to quit, another person get's dragged into the mystery. Because of that last bit after he sends her out, I'm pretty sure this confirms that Alex is totheark. So...was he asking for J's help/trying to scare him away from this the whole time?

Last edited:
Holy shit. That was messed up. AND SCARY.

Also, I disagree, I think this rules out Alex as totheark (I think it's safe enough to not tag speculation at this stage). If Alex was totheark, he would have seen Slendy's attack coming and wouldn't have been so lax about his sister/girlfriend/fianceé/wife/whatever having the tape.

Holy shit. That was messed up. AND SCARY.

Also, I disagree, I think this rules out Alex as totheark (I think it's safe enough to not tag speculation at this stage). If Alex was totheark, he would have seen Slendy's attack coming and wouldn't have been so lax about his sister/girlfriend/fianceé/wife/whatever having the tape.

Then what's up with the very totheark-ish ending to the vid? What, are we going to assume that the Slenderman is totheark?

Oh man. I'm really behind, but I am reading through the SA thread and was quite enjoying myself until a point where, in the music I was listening to, there was a deep laugh. Scared the crap out of me. I'm seriously debating not continuing because it's so darn scary. >_<

The SA thread is lame. If you really want to shit brix, watch Marble Hornets.

I'm not sold on Alex == TTA just yet either. Though I think it depends heavily on why the camera was in the closet. Was Alex just hiding it there, or was it planted there by someone (TTA/Masky)? If Alex really is TTA, though, he must be leading a hell of a double life. Up until this I'd believed that if he was even alive he'd have to be insane. Seeing him having moved on and gotten a (girlfriend?) and being in relatively sound mind is just odd, especially if he's been involved with this as TTA the whole time.

Regardless of who TTA is, sending Jay this tape is very out of character for him. He's spent the last God-knows-how-long leading Jay into dangerous situations, scaring the shit out of him with threatening videos, forcing him out of his house and burning it down... and then he sends Jay a tape with exactly what he wants to see (well, okay, maybe not entirely) on it and asks for his help? I think this is a trap. Who knows where that return address could lead, especially if TTA is someone other than Alex. Jay is being used no matter what.

Then what's up with the very totheark-ish ending to the vid? What, are we going to assume that the Slenderman is totheark?

I support the Multiple Maskies Theory, with Tim leading the Maskies and Sarah and Seth has his co-Maskies, with Seth as totheark. I think from this video it's pretty clear that Alex has been leading a happy, normal life since moving out of state. I don't think he'd risk that by interfering with Slendy again. Not to mention that in Return, totheark is confronted by Slendy, if Alex was totheark, why would Slendy have needed Alex's girlfriend to find the camera to track them down?

As for the ending, it's not totheark-ish at all. totheark types all the words in his videos, except for in Warning, where he only wrote the way he did to mock Jay. The ending reminds me more of the drawings by Alex that Jay found in the abandoned house.

So what do you all think of the skull-mask that was shown? There's a theory floating around that "Masky Status" may be something that's passed down and that Tim is like a Gen II Masky or whatever. I think it's an interesting idea.

Oh lol, might as well mention I finally had a notable creepy experience!

The day Entry 26 came out, I took a walk through the woods behind my old elementary school. I took my camera with me to see if I could get any good pictures for art reference and whatnot. I went deep enough into the woods that I found a little creek with a waterfall. At some point as I was exploring the creek and taking pictures, my camera started to randomly turn on and off for no reason. I have no explanation for this. The one picture I managed to take after the camera started acting up looked like this. Then I slipped and fell in the creek and now my camera's broken. :[ It was rather unnerving, considering it was at the height of new entry-anticipation and I was jokingly looking for Slendy the whole time.

oh, god, why did you tell us that.

i don't want to believe you.

but fuck. now i'm afraid to look towards my window.

The day Entry 26 came out, I took a walk through the woods behind my old elementary school. .... At some point as I was exploring the creek and taking pictures, my camera started to randomly turn on and off for no reason. I have no explanation for this. The one picture I managed to take after the camera started acting up looked like this. .... It was rather unnerving, considering it was at the height of new entry-anticipation and I was jokingly looking for Slendy the whole time.

....Spaekle, isn't the Slenderman supposed to live in the woods and hunt children? Stay away from there. Real or not, I would be too scared to even function properly for an hour if that happened to me.

Anyways, what is this skull-mask you were talking about?

EDIT: Wait, I saw it. Kinda goofy looking if you ask me....but then again, if someone waited on the sofa and attacked J while wearing it(like what Masky did), I'd think it would be creepy looking.

Back
Top Bottom