• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Splices' Peril

((From here on we are all back outside.))
"Let's go already," Darksong said impatiently. She turned to Lunipseon. "If you're ready, of course."

"What happened?" Staraptor said. "So thats what the portal was?" Garchard growled, "just some exit out there?"

((Im not going to miss with the plot anymore. Sorry if I messed your plot, Cryptica.))

((You didn't really mess with it, but you did nonetheless. However, apology accepted :) ))

Silvera turned and landed on the ground softly. "Come on!" she said to the others. "Let's go to the mountain!" She took off again and flew toward where her new home might be, while Lunipseon acknowledged Darksong with a nod. "I'm ready." He quickly turned and darted out of sight. "This way."

Zulo hoped that they would arrive at the mountains soon. He was eager to see his new home, so he walked quickly ahead of lunipseon.

Moonshine and Star followed the others. "Moonshine, where are we going?" Star asked.

Moonshine replied, "I'm not truly the leader, ask Lunipseon."

"Um... Exuse me, Lunipseon, where are we going?" Star asked.

"Hey!" Lunipseon shouted and dashed ahead of Zulo. "I think the leader goes in front," he said jokingly, and then his expression turned serious as he began to answer the question. "See that mountain? We are going there. We may stay there and we may not."

Cryptica soared above Lunipseon, watching the mountain get closer with every second.

"Why on earth wouldn't we stay there? We all need our rest," Staraptor said. "Yeah, I sure am tired," Garchard said, sleepily.

"I agree," Toree said, but she noticed Darksong smiling as the sun slowly set...
Probably because she's a Dark-type, the Swellow thought.

I think we should rest there. If I had energy enough, I would teleport us all there now, but I need rest. Rick said, and levitated after them in a kind of sleep state so that he could recover himself. But maybe if Silver, Cryptica and I cooperate and use our psychic powers to teleport. That could work.

Cryptica yawned slightly and softly touched down on the ground. Lunipseon turned. "What's the matter?"

"I think we should rest for now," Cryptica said, gazing into the direction they had come. "The fire won't get us."

Her eyes glowed pink for a split second, and the light from the distant fire died down a bit.

Toree nodded eagerly and swooped to a high branch in a tree, immediately falling asleep. However, Darksong was restless. "I'm nocturnal."

"Okay then Darksong, you keep a lookout for any humans while we rest." Garchard said. "I'm not that tired, so I stay awake with Darksong," said Staraptor.

"Well then, I'll be meditating to restore my strength. Goodnight." Rick said, floating a few feet over the ground, then beginning to make quiet noices that sounded like "Hmm" or "Ommm".

"Good night, Rick." Cryptica telekinetically levitated herself and fell asleep on air that was as soft as a cloud. "Good night, Team Eclipse."

Darksong nodded at Cryptica before staring at the full moon, satisfied. Each star twinkled in harmony. The "Houndyena" enjoyed scenes like this.

"Good night, Star." said Moonshine.

"But I'm not tired, and you don't appear to be." replied Star.

"That's because I'm part dark type, now, go to bed." said Moonshine.

"Okay." replied Star, she was tired after all.

[In Star's dream:]
I'm floating. There's something speaking to me... My old trainer? "Star, you are nothing. You are meaningless." Star's trainer said. "But I wanted to be free! Please..."

"Scilence! You will be hunted down and captured when we find you!"

[End dream]

Star was restless and awoke with a small scream. "Just a dream..." she kemp repeting to herself.

Last edited:
Even though Rick was meditating, he was keeping track of the auras around him. When he saw Star's aura shiver he said. What's the matter Star? I sensed you experienced something bad. What is it?

Back
Top Bottom