• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Sprite Contest!

this article has been replied to many times in the last few days. at least fifteen times. and none of the posts are judging ones.

skeevtytb2.png

Creativity: 8/10
Quality: 6/10
Overall: 14/20

This sprite is... eh, I can't find the right word. But the base of the ears looks like dung, and there are really sloppy parts, like the tail. This could be worked on.

Because I was getting kicked off. My mom was about to push the button that turns off the computer.

eeveeskitty.png

Creativity: 5/10
Quality: 9/10

The ears bug me somehow. It looks way to plain. This sprite looks way too similar to mine just bugs me somehow.

2dkact3.gif

Creativity: 9/10
Quality: 8/10
Overall: 17/20

There is a bump on the yellow part of Skitty's tail. I like how you recolored with all the markings of Skitty, though. That boosted your points.

Eeveeskitty's and Blastoise's(i think?) are just red X's, so I'll grade this one.

eety.png

Overall: 18/20

Again, the ears bug me. But this time, it's the outlines. Other than that, good job!

Last edited:
Thanks for finally judging. Also about my sprite, could you please give some constructive crit like what was wrong with the tail and why it looked sloppy. It'll help me improve. Also what's the next contest?

The next contest is on the front page. And also, WW, I will PM you the criticism thing on the tail.

Save me a spot on the pokemorph contest!

EDIT: Here it is, a mix of Zangoose and Gary!
oops, wait, howdo I upload an image onto a post? I've done it in my sig before.

Last edited:
I really want to try, but my image won't upload. Sorry.

EDIT:Yay! got it.
zangary99227.PNG

p.s. When's the judging?

Last edited:
Okay, since Blastoise gave me the image, I'll judge it. And your two sprites are entered! Lucario :3

Skittavee49364.PNG

Quality: 8/10
Overall: 17/20

Very good sprite. The only flaw I see is the tail looks a bit too dark.

Mewtwo you should post them more neat and tidy like...

cuteypieod5.png

Overall: 18/20

skeevtytb2.png

Creativity: 8/10
Quality: 6/10

eeveeskitty.png

Creativity: 5/10