• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Tales of Symphonia Evolution Mafia [DAY 8 - GAME OVER]

Re: Tales of Symphonia Evolution Mafia [DAY 1]

I need four posts, and I also have four levels.

Wait, Karkat, do you have a restriction imposed right now, but you can still kill? That's good, I guess. But I don't think any healers can use their action right now, so maybe it wasn't the best idea.

Or can you do nothing at the moment, but you get progressively lighter restrictions on your killing abilities?

Who knows, Kratos said this is experimental so who knows what she threw in as a drawback.

edit: TRIPLE NINJAS WTF.

I agree with Tailsy, roleclaiming is weird and dangerous right now.

I only need 2 posts to get my ability. Wait, then how the heck the vig would get the killing powers through several level? Or maybe he/she randomly killed a player on one level and the later levels, they can choose a certain player who belong a group to get killed.

Maybe either their kills having only a 50% chance of working, or they can only kill on alternating nights?

Oh, it's simple: I feel guilty if I kill an innocent and therefore if I kill two innocents...

SEPPUKU TIEM!!! [sic]

I lose the restriction at Rank 3, but either way I don't think I'm going to be taking stabs in the dark. So unless the town wants me to use my powers on someone I will not be killing anyone.

Oh I've heard of those types of vigilante. Not very fun. I don't like using because people dislike it's horrible drawback.

I lose the drawback after nine posts, so I might be able to get around it.

Maybe.

Either way, I think you guys could roleclaim day 2, once you've all posted enough to get your powers.

That's a common restriction on vanilla vigilantes; many games play an autokill the vig if they kill an innocent rule! That's a bit more restrictive than yours though, Karkat, so I'm sure if we really need it you could make one mistake? :D?

I think it's a cool power restriction personally. I also have restrictions on my roles as I rank up, though 8( GOSH KRATOS YOU'RE SO MEAN, LEAVING US ALL POWERLESS LIKE THIS!

@Karkat: haha, no. I'm not actually a doctor and I don't want to count on the off-chance that one of the other active posters is a doctor who can protect me. :|

If the vig has restrictions, then I would guess the healers would have restrictions similar to have their powers working half the time to protect someone. Or has a CPR ability where they can heal only if the person is targeted or else the player would died.

Last edited:

Blargh, got totally swamped by this. >> Got 3 posts to make before I level up, aaaand I have nothing to add intelligently to this discussion right now because I am a total Mafia noob.

;_; I'm sorry.

I did stalk some other threads long enough to realize that Kratos is lucky to be hosting this - he doesn't have to fear being targeted by everyone. And that Negrek was an obvious choice. Why yes, I am not contributing to the discussion at all. :/

Blargh, got totally swamped by this. >> Got 3 posts to make before I level up, aaaand I have nothing to add intelligently to this discussion right now because I am a total Mafia noob.

;_; I'm sorry.

I did stalk some other threads long enough to realize that Kratos is lucky to be hosting this - he doesn't have to fear being targeted by everyone. And that Negrek was an obvious choice. Why yes, I am not contributing to the discussion at all. :/

Recognizing you are failing to contribute to the discussion does not excuse you from failing to contribute to the discussion.

Why don't you roleclaim? Unless you have an important role. But if you're, say, a doublevoter or something, I don't see the harm in that.

Mine to the next level is two, but it's not incredibly reliable.

I don't think roleclaiming would be that good of an idea, especially this early on.

Either way, I think you guys could roleclaim day 2, once you've all posted enough to get your powers.

That's still going to be like holding up 'SHOOT ME!' signs to the Mafia. Fake roleclaiming prevention probably won't be as beneficial as keeping inspectors, doctors, and the like hidden.
Even saying who we aren't gives them one less person to guess about.

Maybe the doctors could be weak doctors (not sure if that's the name) who die if they heal a mafia? Of course, there's also the boring 50% chance of working thing.

I find it incredibly odd how Karkat is suddenly hell-bent on everyone roleclaiming... :B I know you've roleclaimed already, but it's hardly confirmed and Lloyd is an easy character to claim, so.

Roleclaiming this early feels weird. :/ I mean, the game just started, right? I find it odd too, really - it seems rather pushy to me. But I could just be paranoid.

I have four total levels, including the current vanilla one.

I have four posts until my next role, too. And like Jack, my role gains a power that only works if I'm extremely lucky.

I didn't say it only works if I'm lucky; I said it's only useful if I'm lucky. As far as I can tell my action goes through just as well as any other role's action.

Like Stormecho, I'm new too... and am sort of lost/intimidated. Heh. Look at ALL THESE POSTS, hot damn. I have two to level up... but I'm pretty cautious on roleclaiming too.

I'm a bit suspicious of Karkat as well. I mean, the reasoning that it would avoid the mafia from faking isn't particularly sound. The mafia could just fake and roleclaim the first day around, couldn't they? People could lie anyway. (Then again, I could have no idea what I'm talking about.)

Here I am! Less than two hours and we're already on the second page...

I need two posts to evolve, and I have four stages in total. My next stage only has a 50% chance of working, though. Looks like people need 2-4 posts generally, and judging by the amount of activity, there will probably be a bunch of powered people next time. :D

Karkat roleclaiming so quickly is pretty suspicious. Maybe he's trying to get lynched or something and is an alien? Well, if that's the case, at least there is a Marta somewhere out there. It's pretty unlikely though, considering that the mafia is probably the only one with an action at the moment.

I'm going to vote Karkat Vantas, because I think roleclaiming and then pushing everyone else to do so is suspicious and abstaining is BORING.

Back
Top Bottom