• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Tales of Symphonia Evolution Mafia [DAY 8 - GAME OVER]

Re: Tales of Symphonia Evolution Mafia [DAY 1]

Yeah, I think we can safely assume that no kills but the one that got Negrek happened last night, so he can't be an active alien.

I liek Squirtles

I really would suggest not going for I liek Squirtles just yet, if he's telling the truth. What if Karkat, or if Karkat's lying, the actual vigilante, targetted him during the night and didn't tell us?

Although really, identifying yourself as an inactive alien is a pretty ridiculous thing to do, considering that an innocent win is not what you're aiming for!

I Liek Squirtles.
Revealing yourself to be an alien is a bad move, for future reference, since you're new.

From what I got, everyone is a vanilla for the first night except for the mafia kill, which targeted Negrek. No other actions could have occurred (probably). So for today and today only, it is perfectly safe to target the alleged alien, and then we hopefully don't have to worry about lynching the wrong person afterwards.

Shouldn't the vig still be a vanilla, Cirrus?

Oh, that's a fair point... sorry, I just feel kind of confused as to why an inactive alien would identify themselves right now. It's pretty good in a small game when trying to sniff out perhaps one mafia member, but as soon as I liek Squirtles gets activated he's hardly going to tell us.

I guess that suggests that we should lynch him now, but greggh. It feels very peculiar.

According to the rules everyone except for the big bad starts out with no powers. So even if we kill the alien now, nothing would happen except they would die. Because he has no powers. No posts, no evolutions. Best to get it done with now.

And since I'm pretty sure only one kill was possible on the first night, we're safe no matter what.

Well, okay, I think I'll change my vote to I liek Squirtles in light of this. But seriously dude, silly move!

... Ooookay. Not going to repeat everyone else, but I'll also vote I liek Squirtles. Sorry darlin'. :(

Okay, uh, I guess there's no reason not to lynch I liek Squirtles, then? As far as I can tell there's no way for an alien to have been activated last night since someone did die, right? I liek Squirtles.

I liek Squirtles for obvious reasons.

That just made it a little easier for us to know who's not Mafia.

There's also that slight possibility that Squirtles is trying to draw attention away from someone/thing else, but I doubt it. Just bringing it up in case.

There's also that slight possibility that Squirtles is trying to draw attention away from someone/thing else, but I doubt it. Just bringing it up in case.

Though if they were doing that it wouldn't make sense: Who are they trying to draw attention away from? There had all been abstaining votes till they jumped in.

Well, right now at this moment I liek Squirtles is innocent, and remember that an alien in this game can be deactivated. There's really no reason to lynch him, and since everyone knows he's alien, there's no reason to lynch him because nobody will activate him.

Alien win does not count for innocent win. I liek Squirtles can provide nothing for us, including actual discussion considering he is the kind of person that would out himself as alien on the first day in an evolution mafia where he can't possibly have been activated. He is only a threat, and the best way to remove that threat is to do it now. I really don't see the confusion here!

Agreed Derpy Hooves. Plus they are a novice player who typically doesn't say anything, like DH said, not providing discussion to ultimately help us innocents win.

Only 1 killing action available first-night + 1 dead body revealed in the morning = I liek Squirtles can't be activated and therefore we can lynch him. Hint: if your role isn't aligned with the innocents, you really don't want to claim it.

And graaaah if for some reason Kratos is being weird and alien doesn't work like normal I WILL KILL IT WITH FIRE jay play.

...even if there was the potential for someone to get killed night 0, who would use it on a greenhorn like Squirts? I certainly wouldn't... I'd probably go for Syl or Wargle or maybe some other player.

...come to think of it, 'twas quite savvy of the mafia to off Negrek night zero, when there were no healers.

Also, this may be the only night we can be sure I liek Squirtles is safe to kill. One of the killers here might decide to target him twice or something, or maybe they don't want to risk activating him and we'll just be too concerned to actually kill him. So if he survives tonight it might be a decent position for a mafia person. Since that would probably just be annoying for the rest of us, might as well neutralise the potential threat now.

Although I think (too lazy to count okay) abstaining has been outvoted since it's mostly the vote-to-abstain-ers who now are voting to lynch him, we can probably move onto a different thing unless someone else wants to do something dumb/interesting. Or vote to lynch him in hopes that it's considered a contributory post.

... I got nothing. Maybe speculating on what the different levels of what each role can do? Um. Yes.

Back
Top Bottom