• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Tales of Symphonia Evolution Mafia [DAY 8 - GAME OVER]

Re: Tales of Symphonia Evolution Mafia [DAY 2]

I admit, I was expecting something from Karkat - I guess I was being too suspicious. Yay for 1 mafia being down, though. That's... pretty awesome. :D

Yes, a Yggdrasil seems likely, and I'm debating as to whether the flavour text would be important, but given they're both killed and positioned right beside the letters... *shrugs* Probably nothing, this early on.

Ah, didn't remember that he'd agreed to it. Also I just remembered that the uninhibited killing was at 9 posts or something, and Karkat has 19. Probably at least half the posts would be considered contributory.

I dunno about that, I have like 13 posts, all but one of which (my voting one) I thought were pretty contributory, but I was only able to level up to level two (3 posts) but not three (10 posts). Kratos is probably being strict so we don't all get our highest-level powers in the first couple of nights. (Although she didn't tell me how many posts I had, so for all I know I was only like one short or something.)

I agree that this definitely doesn't look like lovers, and that if Karkat targeted Zack then it makes sense that he's the vigilante, but if he didn't, then the Serial Killer is probably active.

Grate Aural Sects said:
And yeah, Karkat'd be an obvious target for doctors - and if the RNGods got mad they couldn't doctorise Kratos, they'd totally go for Negrek, making him safe from clashes! - so we shouldn't be too suspicious of him yet.

For some reason the middle part of this doesn't make sense to my brain. Can you rephrase/clarify please? Why would the doctors (or RNGods?) want to target our GM? And Negrek's already dead... But I agree that Karkat is a good doctor target and therefore not suspicious for still being alive.

Possibly the letters are just everywhere. In the first(ish) post, letters are on the doors (where Derpy was found), and Zackrai was beneath a lamp post, which is not uncommon for notices you want everyone to see, I suppose.

Edit @Jack:

There are no lovers in this game; there might have been a possible future one between Seritinajii and ILS, but we pretty much decided no.

And Kratos is always a doctor! Even in games any's not in. But since the RNGods were foiled, they went for the next closest person - Negrek - who is similar enough due to the likelihood of dying on the first night. And because they are secretly the same person (you know it's true).

I don't take kindly to people who bandwagon for my death.

If any of you doubt me, I direct you to the corpse of Mr. Zackrai.

Oh, huh, probably should've searched Zackrai's posts to see he voted for you. Not the best reasoning, but ... sure, why not target him.

Also, are you at Lv 2 or 3?

I needed to prove my powers somehow, and Zackrai was suspiciously inactive... plus, he didn't change his vote. There's a difference between bandwagoning and keeping your lynch on someone that's actually useful.

Flavor text seems to indicate who has what role, so does anybody want to examine Negrek? I never played this game.

EDIT: Who's Martel?

Well, it was his last post, so maybe he just didn't return to the thread or didn't feel like speaking up (especially if his vote would be harmless once people started bandwagoning ILS). It's not like the mafia wouldn't also want the alien dead - ILS would be higher priority for first day lynch than you, because they can't easily murder him during the night. I mean, moot point now, but.

Also, Martel? That's not a role or a player, so where are you getting that from?

Negrek's death post mentions a Martel, in that they're doing it for Martel's sake or something.

Martel is a kind of religious figure in ToS - she appears late in the game, however, but it's a 'God'-like figure. It's just flavour.

But okay, that's Zackrai's death accounted for, then! ... Poor Derpy Hooves. :( I guess he was targeted due to being an intelligent person who wasn't shying away from discussion! I don't know if it's clear whether it was a Mafia kill or a Serial Killer, though... I mean, it's possible the Serial Killer (if they have levelled up) may still have a severe restriction on their role and is choosing not to use it. And perhaps - oh, poisoner delay, of course... hmm.

Perhaps Derpy Hooves' death was due to the poisoner role and the... whatchacallim' player hadn't submitted a night action? Dunno.

The Mafia can only submit one night action per night, right? So I doubt it was a poisoner.

The Mafia probably guessed that I would get healed and didn't kill me as a result.

It can't be the poisoner role because the Mafia can send only one action from the four main members. Last night is a hitman since a poisoner puts poison someone and they would lived for 1 night and died on the next day.

I thought all of them could submit, but only the one submitted with the most priority went through? Quoting from the sign-up thread:

Any of the above four mafiosi can submit a night kill, but only one will actually go through (priority is Brute > Alice > Decus > Hawk); the mafioso who makes the kill is the one who must be roleblocked/redirected/etc. to have an effect.

Poisoner is second priority, so perhaps Brute is just inactive?

If Alice were the one doing the killings we would have had one night where there wasn't a kill, poison works the night after the targetting.

So far we haven't had any poisonings. Maybe Alice is inactive, not Brute?

So if Karkat kills Chief then I think either a serial killer, another hitman's kill (though I doubt it happens 2 in a row) or (if he/she already have the power) a wonder chef gave a killing role to someone.

...the thing is, Brute must have attacked yesterday because Negrek is dead.

So we (sort of) know Brute was inactive, and it's also possible Decus (roleblocker) doesn't have too many posts, since Karkat is also a prime target for that. Granted, they didn't know Karkat would be targeting Zackrai and they could have hoped he'd help decrease the innocent numbers a bit.

Also, the poison is just an ability, but not the night kill. Even if the mafia as a whole can only use one of either killing power or the standard kill, why use poison? Perhaps it's not healed by a doctor, in which case using it on certain players is a decent idea, but otherwise they could (mostly) night kill anyone ... unless they did.

And I'm fairly sure poison is separate from a night kill; any of the mafiosos could have submitted on the first night.

Also guys we wouldn't know if poison has occurred yet. If, say, Karkat declares the intent to not kill anyone, and there are three kills tomorrow (poison, night kill, serial killer), we could be mostly sure it's been used last night, but otherwise we can't make that assumption. Even still, one might've been Colette or used an item, but the flavour should make poison pretty obvious.

We shouldn't think too much on the first kill, they must have just been targetting a good player.

Hmm, so if we have a poison kill we know if Alice is active or not. Good thinking on that one.

...the thing is, Brute must have attacked yesterday because Negrek is dead.

... derp. ;; I AM BAD AT MATHS

Hm, well that leaves a strange hole in our logic. So it was both the Serial Killer and the vigilante who managed to kill? Oh dear; looks like our Serial Killer was pretty lucky, since I'm assuming they're probably not past level 2 of their stages. This means there's probably a poison-death coming up tomorrow...? Possibly? Oh, dear. D: The suspense.

... derp. ;; I AM BAD AT MATHS

Hm, well that leaves a strange hole in our logic. So it was both the Serial Killer and the vigilante who managed to kill? Oh dear; looks like our Serial Killer was pretty lucky, since I'm assuming they're probably not past level 2 of their stages. This means there's probably a poison-death coming up tomorrow...? Possibly? Oh, dear. D: The suspense.

Unless I'm misunderstanding, not necessarily. The mafia should be able to send in their regular kill regardless of whether they use their additional actions (like poisoning), so the lack of a Mafia kill ought to be because of either healing or that Zackrai was killed before he managed to kill his target. (Not entirely sure how sound my logic is on that last point, so let's just assume the Mafia target was healed.)

Back
Top Bottom