• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Tales of Symphonia Evolution Mafia [DAY 8 - GAME OVER]

Re: Tales of Symphonia Evolution Mafia [DAY 5]

*Is angry at eated poast*

Kirby-Chan, ask the Dead Roles topic to see which roles are dead.

Anyone who hasn't posted since Day 1/2?

Sorry I want to post saying I'm still here. I was in a car accident so I haven't been online since I've been sleeping so much.

Extension until vaguely-defined time Tuesday evening because a) it would be pretty cool if you guys actually reached some sort of decision and b) still projects.

Would you all rather me focus on inspecting people or focus on pickpocketing them to find out what their powers are?

Oh, huh, I was under the impression that pickpocketing was a one-use thing. That's cool that it's not! I think it would probably be better to inspect people for now, though; a lot of the unclaimed roles don't seem to correspond (at least not directly; I suppose, say, the commuter might give you an extra heal, but we can't be sure of that) to one of your four powers, so I think pickpocketing would probably be less reliable since you'd be getting a randomly generated power a lot of the time. (Unless you want to try confirming people's roles? Although even then, I think Kam is the only one you'd get a definite result from and we've pretty much established that he's telling the truth, haven't we?)

it would be pretty cool if you guys actually reached some sort of decision

Guys we should do that now. But, uh, I'm... not really sure what we should do. :| @Legend: I don't think there's anyone who hasn't posted since the first or second day; Syl hasn't posted since day three, but she's roleclaimed. I think everyone else has posted since then.

Something I noticed is that Brute seems to be semi-inactive. The serious note only appeared on Day 3 and Day 5, which makes it seem like he's not very active. It would be good to look for someone who posted mainly on Day 2 and Day 4.

Pathos hasn't posted since Day 1. Phantom was quite active on Day 1-2, but then she was in an accident...

Everyone else has posted on most of the days or something different from Day 2 and 4. So I'm not sure... We need to get to a decision though. Pathos?

... did post in response, and so should probably get some extra time before we kill for inactivity. I say give Cirrus another day, and if inactiveness persists, lynchtime.

Flower Doll didn't meet your quota, but I don't know if you really meant it as an ultimatum, so.

eta: Also Pathos is yelling at everyone who voted for him.

Last edited:

Whoops. Alright, then... Then, let's go for Phantom, I guess? We don't have much to do right now.

Oh, huh, I was under the impression that pickpocketing was a one-use thing. That's cool that it's not! I think it would probably be better to inspect people for now, though; a lot of the unclaimed roles don't seem to correspond (at least not directly; I suppose, say, the commuter might give you an extra heal, but we can't be sure of that) to one of your four powers, so I think pickpocketing would probably be less reliable since you'd be getting a randomly generated power a lot of the time. (Unless you want to try confirming people's roles? Although even then, I think Kam is the only one you'd get a definite result from and we've pretty much established that he's telling the truth, haven't we?)

Sure! I can't inspect and pickpocket in the same night, though, so after I use up the two I've got now I'll have to either go to verifying people via pickpocket, using my other powers, or alternating nights between pickpocketing Flora and inspecting (assuming she's still alive).

Phantom is, I guess, fine. We don't really have any leads, though, do we?

...oh right, she's in a car crash. In that case there really is no problem; she wouldn't be contributing much anyway.

Phantom

I'm tired and I'm just about to go to bed, so I'll just hop in with Phantom.

Final vote count:
6 Phantom

Phantom seems a little shell-shocked when they break the news to her; it's not clear whether it's because she was feeling that way already, or because, understandably, the statement "Hi, we think you're murderous Vanguard scum and we're going to put you to death now" just has a way of turning people into stunned bunnies. Either way, she is silent when OrngSumb volunteers his own blade for the job. Her head comes off cleanly; it takes a bit more effort to remove her coat from her decapitated body, but apparently said effort is worth it. The coat's pockets appear to be stuffed with drafts of those vexatious notes.

Phantom is dead. She was mafia.

Day will begin in seventy-two hours (and this is probably the last time there'll be an extended night/day, circumstances permitting).

Last edited:
Re: Tales of Symphonia Evolution Mafia [DAY 6]

"This is a... well... no. Never mind. You've gone too far. Your luck runs out starting now.

-The Vanguard High Command"

They couldn't find any bodies the next morning.

That's not to say that they didn't try—they were all certainly expecting at least one, and they looked very hard for it! They scoured the streets, checked the inns and shops, gave their own houses a once-over, even banged on the castle doors and asked whether the king and princess, boarded up for their own safety as they are, noticed anything odd or suspicious or murdered over the night. It's just so difficult to find corpses that aren't actually there, you know?

The absence of a brutal, horrific death, while obviously a wonderful thing, leaves the party understandably confused. There was a note, same as always; they managed to behead a very suspicious person, which surely should have incited some retaliatory bloodlust (and really, what do they even keep that Karkat around for if he's not going to be a good probably-vigilante and actually kill some bad guys?)... what happened last night, anyway?

No one was killed.

Forty-eight hours for discussion.

EDIT: Finally got around to adding in the flavor text, as promised: posts 410, 411 and 457, if you want to go back and under/overanalyze them.

Last edited:

Considering ILS, it was almost definitely a successful heal.
Kirby-chan, any news?

Considering ILS, it was almost definitely a successful heal.

Since we have at most one doctor, the other kill (Mafia/SK) must have been prevented some other way. Perhaps Phantom was the Serial Killer? Or maybe they hit the commuter or Kam with his shield thing? Kam, do you know if that's been destroyed?

Back
Top Bottom