• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Tales of Symphonia Evolution Mafia [DAY 8 - GAME OVER]

Re: Tales of Symphonia Evolution Mafia [DAY 6]

The mafia targeted Applejack, who was healed earlier that night.

I know this because I targeted her too. :)

The mafia targeted Applejack, who was healed earlier that night.

I know this because I targeted her too. :)

Huh. So her mirror didn't reflect either of those attacks, then (how unfortunate, we could have gotten rid of another Mafioso!), unless you lost your shield and didn't mention it. Why did you target Tailsy?

Oh! Actually, there is a way in which two people could have been healed: if the doctor targeted the mirror and their heal got reflected back. Or perhaps the Serial Killer is dead, or targeted Tailsy too (doesn't seem very likely, though; you'd think at least one of those kills would get reflected), or targeted the commuter or whatever. EDIT: The same could go for the Mafia, too, really; just because your targeting Tailsy failed doesn't necessarily mean that the Mafia/SK targeted her as well.

Last edited:
Re: Tales of Symphonia Evolution Mafia [DAY 5]

Er, what? I never said I was major - Kratos explicitly stated in the sign-up thread that evolution isn't always profitable. It's possible that my mystery level 5 power is actually rubbish and I'm not one of the people Kirby was told about. Which I think is possible since I'm Corrine the Mirror. I'm currently at level 4 which gives me a 50/50 chance of rebounding an attack, which I don't think happened last night since I wasn't notified of anything.

Mhm, she did.

So, the solution I've decided upon is that the healer targeted Tailsy, because if she rebounded the night action they would be protected, and if not Tailsy is a great player to begin with.

So... if she reflected the night actions I would be dead, wouldn't I? And if not, she would be alive.

So Mirror is a great fakeclaim, and with that in mind I think I'm going to vote for Applejack.

Day 1: page 1, Day 2: page 10, Day 3: page 14, Day 4: page 17, Day 5: page 21, Day 6: page 23

So Phantom was a mafia member. The note seems to be like Brute, although I guess it could be Hawk. Decus seems pretty active though, since he sent in a few notes.

"And really, what do they even keep that Karkat around for if he's not going to be a good probably-vigilante and actually kill some bad guys?" Well, how should he supposed to know?

Re: Tales of Symphonia Evolution Mafia [DAY 5]

Mhm, she did.

So, the solution I've decided upon is that the healer targeted Tailsy, because if she rebounded the night action they would be protected, and if not Tailsy is a great player to begin with.

So... if she reflected the night actions I would be dead, wouldn't I? And if not, she would be alive.

So Mirror is a great fakeclaim, and with that in mind I think I'm going to vote for Applejack.

Okay, so I wasn't the only one who found that odd, then! She did say that she only has a 50% chance of rebounding attacks at level four (but then what would her powers be at earlier levels?), which could be a possible explanation for you still being alive, but the fact that she was healed and we had no deaths out of three possible killing roles makes it pretty likely that she was targeted more than once and failed to reflect the kill. (The chances of that happening if she's the mirror are 1/2, 1/4, or 1/8 depending on how many people she got targeted by.) Tailsy was inspected as not mafia, so if she's lying, she must be either the terrorist, the rolestopper, or the Serial Killer (or am I missing someone idk). She's probably not the Serial Killer, since if she was the one healed then we would most likely have had a Serial Killer death, right? (Unless Phantom was the SK, but the flavour text which I just read seems to indicate that she wasn't.)

Hm, I would like to hear from Tailsy, but it does seem pretty likely to me that she's lying so I'll go ahead and vote Applejack.

If she is the bomb, I think it's a very good idea to lynch her while she's away... best not lose a confirmed innocent through bomb-splosion.

I found it suspicious that she had a 50% chance of reflecting a kill, really; I mean, that's pretty low for a level four.

I inspected Karkat last night and confirmed that he is indeed, as we supposed but hadn't yet confirmed, not mafia.

Karkat Vantas said:
If she is the bomb, I think it's a very good idea to lynch her while she's away... best not lose a confirmed innocent through bomb-splosion.
It's 48 hours for discussion, not "until we get a majority" or something, so it doesn't matter how soon in the day we vote for her, right? If she's the bomb, our avoiding a bombsplosion just depends on whether or not she checks the thread in the next two days.

Last night, I got information about Karkat sending his action in. So not much I can say about it, but how do you know the mafia was heal? When you target Applejack, you receive a note or something that tells you the actions that got reflect?

but how do you know the mafia was heal? When you target Applejack, you receive a note or something that tells you the actions that got reflect?

My night action couldn't have been reflected because I am a vig and I am still alive. So she must have taken the brunt of the attack.

It's 48 hours for discussion, not "until we get a majority" or something, so it doesn't matter how soon in the day we vote for her, right? If she's the bomb, our avoiding a bombsplosion just depends on whether or not she checks the thread in the next two days.

She's not going to be back until the 28th, which should mean that if Kratos finishes the day on time she'll be dead. Either way I recommend voting for her now, since I don't think we're going to get any other leads.

~~~

aNYWAY, what's up with Phantom? She appears to be one of the official four Mafia members.

Even if we did get other leads, if we think Applejack is the terrorist, we'd want her lynched today, surely? Because I believe only the terrorist has a day action, and can't be stopped.

Anyway, did Phantom really do anything? And what about the rest of the mafia? Because Phantom was inactive-lynched and Chief Zackrai probably would have been, and it would not be at all satisfying if the innocents win and they weren't even playing the game...

It's possible that Phantom was the serial killer, which could explain why the serial killer was seemingly inactive.

The flavor text says otherwise.

The coat's pockets appear to be stuffed with drafts of those vexatious notes.

We're taking this to mean she is mafia, correct? That's the opinion we had with Zackrai.

Applejack, then. Hopefully she doesn't explode on one of us before then.

Thing is, if the terrorist, rolestopper, and serial killer are going to flip mafia, are we supposed to know that they're actually not? It does seem to defeat the purpose of their mafia-flipping. Granted, with this particular flavour, I don't know how it would be explained if Chief Zackrai wasn't mafia, so we can probably just consider him part of the group, but we should probably consider the question.

"Mafia" is just the general term applied to any anti-town role; the flavor text should indicate who's actually mafia aligned and who's just your garden variety terrorist.

I think that all Mafia with the "vexatious notes", AKA Phantom and Chief Zackrai, are one of the four killing anti-Town roles, excluding SK. I would presume that any other main members would also have the notes.

I think that all Mafia with the "vexatious notes", AKA Phantom and Chief Zackrai, are one of the four killing anti-Town roles, excluding SK. I would presume that any other main members would also have the notes.

Those four are the only "main" members; the other two Mafia-aligned (as opposed to third-party or "self-aligned", so to speak) roles cannot communicate with the other Mafia members and, IIRC, don't know who the main Mafia are (and vice versa).

According to the signup thread, the four main Mafia flip Mafia and should have notes in the flavor; the other two Mafia and the Serial Killer flip Mafia (but inspect Innocent) and won't have notes, and the Alien will only flip/inspect Mafia if activated.

This means, by the end of the game, we ought to expect four Mafia deaths with notes and at least three Mafia deaths without notes (more if the Alien was activated and if the Framer successfully did his job).

Back
Top Bottom