• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Team Temsik -- a club for ghost trickers

I kept it for like two months after Kratos lent it to me and played it three times, and then I noticed it was super-cheap on Amazon, was compelled to buy a copy, and started playing it... again.

Does anybody out there want to borrow it from me? Like seriously, I think I need this thing out of my dorm.

I kept it for like two months after Kratos lent it to me and played it three times, and then I noticed it was super-cheap on Amazon, was compelled to buy a copy, and started playing it... again.

Does anybody out there want to borrow it from me? Like seriously, I think I need this thing out of my dorm.

I would 0_0
If by "borrow" you mean "have."

If by "borrow" you mean "have."
No, not my preciousss! *hisses*

As an aside, has there been any indication whether we can expect a sequel to the game? They definitely left the option open, and it's probably early for them to have announced anything, but. Just wondering.

If I had an actual copy of this I think I would be playing it every day nonstop.

As it is, I have to refer to Clover all the time for bits and pieces of detailed info. (I constantly forget important things. Like dates. And words. And items. This is even better because I roleplay a Pointy. ehehehe.)

I...I guess I'm alone here, but I've attempted to play the game a second time around, and it really didn't absorb me the way it did the first time I played through, for some reason. :|

okay you guys asked for it so
uh

be warned it's... nearly forty pages? so um

also it's mostly to do with dick yomiel and fiance sissel so do NOT READ THIS IF YOU HAVE NOT COMPLETED THE GAME jeeze should be obvious
enjoy our... whatevering.

http://pastebin.com/zzB9Ygj1

okay you guys asked for it so
uh

be warned it's... nearly forty pages? so um

also it's mostly to do with dick yomiel and fiance sissel so do NOT READ THIS IF YOU HAVE NOT COMPLETED THE GAME jeeze should be obvious
enjoy our... whatevering.

http://pastebin.com/zzB9Ygj1

So I just read all that (yes, really) and yesss. <3 Yomieeel.

Am I the only person who actually weirdly liked Emma as a character? At first she seems like a stereotypical upper-class lady writing bad romance novels but then
once we learn about the justice minister it struck me that she has principles and is more than willing to leave her rich, powerful husband when he violates them! And then I was like "ooh, Emma, you're pretty cool. :D"

ahhhhhhhh you all are the greatest
esp verne

yes i am the gtclopedia, i've replayed it entirely half a dozen times over (iiiin three or four different languages) and individual chapters moreso
and
ramblings yeahhh

So I just read all that (yes, really) and yesss. <3 Yomieeel.

Am I the only person who actually weirdly liked Emma as a character? At first she seems like a stereotypical upper-class lady writing bad romance novels but then
once we learn about the justice minister it struck me that she has principles and is more than willing to leave her rich, powerful husband when he violates them! And then I was like "ooh, Emma, you're pretty cool. :D"

why am i surprised
i mean the thing deals a lot with the angst and depression and death parts of it and that's just butterfree bait

I liked Emma from the beginning! can you be just whelmed??
i still want to know how she missed amelie leaving the apartment i mean the front door is right in front of her typing table

i need this from amazon agh
i've found it in gamestop and fry's .... for thirty bucks
it's cheaper on amazon right

my life needs more pointy

i need this from amazon agh
i've found it in gamestop and fry's .... for thirty bucks
it's cheaper on amazon right
$15

I liked Emma as well, though she's not one of my favorite characters or anything... there's really no character that I disliked in the game, though, so I suppose that's not saying much.

Edit: Oh, and she missed Amelie leaving the apartment because she was so caught up in her writing, of course. :P I could see something like that happening to me.

Finally got around to playing Ghost Trick tonight. I haven't gotten anywhere yet, but those are the most amazingly beautiful sprite animations I've seen in my whole life. My eyes are bleeding rainbows right now. *sniff*

Also, all the lampshade hanging (and the actual lampshade) makes me laugh. It definitely has a Phoenix-Wright-esque feel to it.

So beautiful

I do realize that I'm bumping a three month old thread, but it at least seems still relevant, and I'd like to join this.

This game had possibly the best trailer I've ever seen.

Last edited:
Oh my God I just finished the game today. Had to brave my mom yelling at me and confiscating my DS /but it was goddamned worth it./ Thanks so much, Negrek, for lending Ghost Trick to me! :D I'm still holyshitting about the plot so many twists asdf it is beautiful.

Also Missile is the best dog ever.

Edit: Also also I actually got all the steps for the bullet-swapping but I never actually witnessed the death again to actually /see/ the shape of the bullet... I kept thinking the folded knit hat would be the right shape and I'd go "No why do you guys all say I suck ;~;" Then I saw its actual shape and swapped it with the hard hat. Am I a horrible person for doing that repeatedly because it amused me so much?

Last edited:
:D I told you it wouldn't take you long to finish!

And no, I'm pretty much everybody does the hardhat thing multiple times. (Although I always feel a little guilty about it.)

That's because I neglected my homework to play for hours straight. Still worth it.

Oh come on, Negrek, nothing to feel guilty about because you can just revive Cabanela! ... and do it over and over and over.
Additionally, was anyone else bothered by Beauty's sixth sense? I thought it would be a major plot device - hell, pretty much everything in this game is - but it just kinda... disappeared.

it mostly acts as a restraint if i remember correctly -- a la that in chapter 15 where you can't just go around tricking whatever the shit you want (shame, shame). I dunno it's been a while since I played that chapter.

irrelevantly if anyone is interested because i am an overconfident butt i happen to have written a buncha ghost trick fanfiction

Wasn't chapter 15 where you had to save Cabanela from getting shot by Yomiel, and couldn't use any tricks when Yomiel was looking? You can trick all you want when Beauty's looking; she apparently doesn't notice things moving in the background but can "sense" your presence. Maybe it was to stop you from following them and Kamila, but they already kinda did that by knocking the book out of Kamila's hands so you had nothing to possess.

Additionally now I got my brother to play Ghost Trick! \o/

I was kind of surprised that Beauty's thing wasn't given more attention, but oh well, interesting for fanfic purposes. The only time it had any actual effect on the story was to legitimize her being able to fry the bug on the chicken (so her sixth sense clearly extends beyond ghosts), so far as I recall.

Back
Top Bottom