• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Battle for Asber

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, indeed. It would be much simpler if you would all just die quietly.

But you humans wish to spit your defiance, perhaps due to your instinctive knowledge that it is the only attempt at resistance possible.

How many of you are the truly mindless insects, acting only as others instruct you, for you have no useful input of your own? Especially those of you who do nothing but spew verbal defiance. How many of you are simply bodies, husks that the others throw before themselves as a shield?

they are useful. quite unlike you.

Well clearly I have hope, I was using that in placement of "chances" or "survivability factor"

But yeah, I'm just happy to like...protect others and stuff. Futile or no I'm just a gentleman.

With a big slow annoying wasp.

We all have hope. As long as we have muffins to fight for, we will win the war of the worlds!

You big meanies! Trying to take over the world and stuff! We will beat you with our awesome muffiny power!

I like vespiquen, Omskivar! >( In fact I was planning on getting one myself which was why I noticed they would be good here.

There is nothing to be gained in acting like a petulant child determined to be 'cool', Aura. Moderation and calmness are valuable things, child.

I'm not trying to be cool. I wanna rip his fucking skull out! Cause, you know, Team Asber is awesome.

Oh, no, it's fine, I wasn't planning on sleeping tonight anyway O_o

You're welcome. >=D

Also anyone find it ironic how Darkaura used the same "flavor text" as when LS99 died in her mafia? She is obviously a mafia in her own mafia game

*Poker face*

Oh, indeed. It would be much simpler if you would all just die quietly.

But you humans wish to spit your defiance, perhaps due to your instinctive knowledge that it is the only attempt at resistance possible.

How many of you are the truly mindless insects, acting only as others instruct you, for you have no useful input of your own? Especially those of you who do nothing but spew verbal defiance. How many of you are simply bodies, husks that the others throw before themselves as a shield?

Gimme something. A knife, a bat, a chainsaw, a hockey stick. Gimme somethine to crush his brains with. >=O

I'm not trying to be cool. I wanna rip his fucking skull out! Cause, you know, Team Asber is awesome.

picture.php

Gimme something. A knife, a bat, a chainsaw, a hockey stick. Gimme somethine to crush his brains with. >=O

you don't need a weapon.

what you just said really violent and stuff
you sounded like a 7-year old
or a 17 year old
same thing
no offence.

Nope, I'm in between. >=D

So yeah, let's o it. Go Asber.....defeat those legendaries......You do realize i have nothing else civilized to say, right? This is the general point and there is nothing else civilized that can be said that hasn't already been said. Either than or I am a fucking idiot. =\

So yeah, let's o it. Go Asber.....defeat those legendaries......You do realize i have nothing else civilized to say, right? This is the general point and there is nothing else civilized that can be said that hasn't already been said. Either than or I am a fucking idiot. =\

I'll go with the latt-*shot*

Yeah, I like me my megalomaniacal schemes. Getting my claws into all the sinister plots, all of them, and pulling the strings from behind the scenes, and all that. Sowing discord and strife is just one of my little hobbies, you know. I wish I had thought to bring my espeon along so I could sit around stroking her in a suitably sinister fashion.

Hmmmmm...

You know, I'm beginning to harbor some doubts about the supposed coincidence of losing to you twice in such similar situations...

Eh, I suppose it's too late to throw in my lot with the legendaries. But still, I wonder if we're not choosing the lesser of two evils...

Negrek's not evil! Neg's just differently moralled.

I brought some tea for everyone! Do you actually have a jaw, Mewtwo? Eh, I'm sure you could manage.

So, I'm actually supposed to be afraid of a pink fetus cat, an emo amphiptere, and a Freddy Krueger wannabe? I will cut you.

Round One - Act One

While most of the pokémon are still trying to puzzle out their command, shooting nervous glances around the battlefield to see what their allies and opponents might be up to, Darkrai moves swiftly and decisively. The nightmare pokémon arcs across the sky in a blur of shadow, and before anyone on the coalition team can react it snaps to a halt just above Monopole and its riders. Fisher wheels and dives for the legend's new location, screeching insults at it, but Darkrai is already reaching for Superbird, one three-clawed hand spread wide. The trainer flinches, but he is not Darkrai's real target; the legend instead snatches Meta from his shoulder and raises the struggling ditto high. Monopole, realizing too late that taunt is not the real danger it should have been protecting the ditto from, launches forward at incredible speed and slams a metallic fist into Darkrai's midsection. The legend does no more than hiss in irritation, keeping a firm grip on its prize.

Superbird yells after his abducted pokémon, hurling threats at Darkrai, but the dark type ignores him completely. It's now more preoccupied by Fisher, who has caught up and is swooping around it at high speeds, cawing taunts all the while. The aerodactyl dares Darkrai to try catching him even while showing off his prowess as a flier; despite the two humans clinging to his back, he's faster and more agile than even the legendary pokémon of nightmare. Darkrai's grip on Meta tightens with anger, and the ditto squeals and struggles harder to escape. At last Fisher manages to goad the legend into making an angry swipe in his direction, and the aerodactyl cackles hysterically as he easily evades it, pulling away to open air and leaving the legend alone for the moment. Darkrai's baleful red eyes watch him go, the dark type seething with frustration and determined to have its revenge.

Meta, meanwhile, has given up pulling itself free of Darkrai's claws. Its only hope now is to transform into something big and force its way out of the legend's grasp, then face it on more even terms. Even as the ditto is studying its opponent, prepared to imprint the legend's essence on its own form, a quiet voice breaks into its consciousness. Why fight us, little one?

Meta's concentration falls to pieces, and despite itself it takes a look over its shoulder at Mewtwo, who is floating a ways back from the thick of the battle. The legend's blue-glowing eyes seemed fixed on Meta alone, and the ditto squirms beneath the psychic's gaze. Think of what you are really fighting for. We are your fellow pokémon, who have been mistreated by the humans that live here. And rather than side with us, you take orders from this piece of trash?

Superbird screams as an unseen force hauls him off Monopole's back and hoists him upside-down in the air. Suspended by telekinetic force on one leg, his flailing only causes him to swing like a pendulum, getting alternating views of the city far below and the distant horizon. Meta shrieks and stretches out as far as he can towards its trainer, still constrained by Darkrai's grip, and Monopole, at Grass King's urging, moves to stay underneath Superbird as best it can. Mewtwo lets the metagross get close before yanking Superbird away again, and the game of chase-the-trainer continues as it speaks to Meta, its tone as neutral as ever. I suppose it doesn't really matter which side you decide to take; a runt as powerless as you could hardly aid either very much. Still, you might consider who can offer you the way to true strength. Consider that, if I weren't constrained by the rules of this silly little "game," I could crush this human with no more than a thought.

Mewtwo releases its hold over Superbird, and the trainer plummets, shrieking, until one of Monopole's clawed legs lashes out, grabbing him by the belt and swinging him back to safety. Think about my offer, little one. Or, if you must cling to your foolish affection for your trainer, the legend's mental voice crackles with amusement, let's see you try and pay me back for that. Meta is nearly incoherent with rage, straining towards Mewtwo with all its strength and squealing half-formed invective at the legend, all thought of transformation driven from its mind.

The trainers are so transfixed by the scene playing out between the ditto and Mewtwo that they hardly notice Giratina on the move. The great dragon undulates gently as it moves through the air, striving down towards Buzzcomb, who is hovering near the bottom of the group. The vespiquen steels herself, ready to meet whatever the dragon has in store. Neither she nor anyone else on the field is prepared for what Giratina has in mind, though.

The dragon's head snaps forward, lightning-fast in comparison to its deceptively sluggish flight, and half Buzzcomb's body disappears into the dragon's mouth. Giratina tosses its head back, letting the vespiquen slip down its throat, then closes its jaws with a decisive snap. It's The Omskivar's turn to cry out as his pokémon is snatched away by one of the legends, while Kratos Aurion howls with laughter, guiding Giratina into an unhurried upward flight.

Cold darkness closes in on all sides of Buzzcomb as she is forced down Giratina's throat. Fortunately for her, while entry into most pokémon's stomachs would be a one-way ticket to dissolution in a bath of acid, the undead dragon's is empty, its walls slimed with some thick mucous that numbs Buzzcomb's carapace as she gets it smeared all over her. She's hardly in a comfortable place, though; Giratina's stomach is lightless and airless, and the horrible chill of the ghost's body is rapidly sapping the vespiquen's energy. She spends some time uselessly battering at the walls and trying to climb back up the legend's throat, but it's no good; she buzzes her wings as fast as she can, trying to call up a tailwind. Though what air there is in Giratina's belly does start to move and the dragon twists in mild discomfort, the vespiquen has no hopes of conjuring anything to aid her teammates when trapped in the dragon's belly.

Leo is the last of the coalition fighters to stand apart from the fray, mirroring Mewtwo on the other team. Rather than rushing in to do battle, he concentrates briefly, a green aura radiating from his body. Moments later, the same cloak of energy surrounds his teammates, the safeguard promising to protect them from malicious energies for a short while.

Team Legend

Kratos Aurion (O)
giratinaof2.png

Giratina (X) <Levitate>
Health: 1000
Energy: 998
Used: Eat Buzzcomb
- How unpleasantly tickly.

Pathos (O)
darkrai
Darkrai (X) <Bad Dreams>
Health: 996
Energy: 997
Used: Quick Attack (Grab Meta)
- Struggling to keep ahold of Meta. Taunted (3 more actions).

Kusarigamaitachi
mewtwo
Health: 1000
Energy: 996
Used: Taunt @ Meta
- Having a great time.

Team Asber
Safeguard in play: 5 more actions

The Omskivar (O)
vespiquen
Buzzcomb (F) <Pressure> @ Expert Belt
Health: 97%
Energy: 95%
Used: Nothing
- Panicking in the darkness. Five actions to suffocation KO.

Superbird (O)
ditto
Meta (X) <Limber>
Health: 94%
Energy: 99%
Used: Nothing
- Raging uselessly against Mewtwo. Taunted (2 more actions).

Grass King (O)
metagross
Monopole (X) <Clear Body> @ Leftovers
Health: 100%
Energy: 98%
Used: Bullet Punch @ Darkrai
- Disappointed.

ole_schooler (O)
aerodactyl
Fisher (M) <Pressure> @ Choice Scarf
Energy: 96%
Used: Taunt @ Darkrai
- Still excited.

Mawile (O)
gallade
Leo (M) <Steadfast> @ Expert Belt
Energy: 99%
Used: Safeguard
- Still grim.

Last edited:
Oh, and how I do look forward to the second we end this little game of ours.

But for now, it is enough for you to despair. You humans think that you can stand against us? We are gods, humans, and our minds alone are enough to destroy you - even without the vast power underlying every thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom