• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 v 1
Single Set
DQ time: 2 weeks
Damage Cap: 50%
Restricted Moves: OHKOs
Arena: Capital Wastelands

The battlefield is a simple rectangular arena with a lake surrounding it. However, the field is the site of a nuclear explosion, irradiating the waters and the soil underneath. There is no wildlife within miles of the place due to the heavy amounts of radiation, which has also altered the weather pattern. Therefore any weather moves will damage all Pokemon battling depending on the type of weather (damage will be referee's choice) and the waters have a 50% chance of paralyzing a Pokemon.

Profile.

I'd like to make a small challenge. Being new to this and all, it'll be a simple battleground.

3 vs 3
Set
DQ: One week
Damage caps: 25%
Banned: OHKOs and direct healing moves
Area:

For the area, I have chosen a park near where I live (hey, I thought it might be interesting). It's in the city of Edinburgh, Scotland, and its in a little square-shaped park area. It's a grassy plain seperated into two by a row of trees that runs right down the middle. Trees surround the park at all sides except the canal at the South, which is seperated from the park by a shoulder-high wall. The park is also surrounded by paths. To the East is a children's play area with swings, a slide, a climbing frame and a climbing wall. To the North is a mini-woodland and an industrial estate very close by to it. To the West is a housing estae, cut off from the park by trees with a little path that comes down from it.

It is daytime, and in the middle of winter. The trees are almost all bare, except a few that have clung on to their remaining leaves. The grass is still green and it's mild enough that there has been no snow as of yet, but it has been raining recently the muddy ground is a bit wet and slippery. It's also very windy.

In Addition: pokemon that have the ground/water combination type have a 10% bonus in power for their water and ground attacks. Flying type pokemon may experience trouble in the gales, gusts may reach up to 60mph. Therefore they may be blown about a bit, slowed down slightly, and have less control over their actions unless they remain on the ground (you would agree with me if you saw the gulls and crows being blown all over the place here). Since its so cold, ice types have a 20% bonus in the power of their ice attacks. It's so cold and damp that fire types are weakened by 20% in their fire type attacks, and require more energy to use them.

Additional rules: Only first-stage or pre-evolved pokemon please.

I'd like to make a small challenge. Being new to this and all, it'll be a simple battleground.

3 vs 3
Set
Area:

For the area, I have chosen a park near where I live (hey, I thought it might be interesting). It's in the city of Edinburgh, Scotland, and its in a little square-shaped park area. It's a grassy plain seperated into two by a row of trees that runs right down the middle. Trees surround the park at all sides except the canal at the South, which is seperated from the park by a shoulder-high wall. The park is also surrounded by paths. To the East is a children's play area with swings, a slide, a climbing frame and a climbing wall. To the North is a mini-woodland and an industrial estate very close by to it. To the West is a housing estae, cut off from the park by trees with a little path that comes down from it.

It is daytime, and in the middle of winter. The trees are almost all bare, except a few that have clung on to their remaining leaves. The grass is still green and it's mild enough that there has been no snow as of yet, but it has been raining recently the muddy ground is a bit wet and slippery. It's also very windy.

In Addition: pokemon that have the ground/water combination type have a 10% bonus in power for their water and ground attacks. Flying type pokemon may experience trouble in the gales, gusts may reach up to 60mph. Therefore they may be blown about a bit, slowed down slightly, and have less control over their actions unless they remain on the ground (you would agree with me if you saw the gulls and crows being blown all over the place here). Since its so cold, ice types have a 20% bonus in the power of their ice attacks. It's so cold and damp that fire types are weakened by 20% in their fire type attacks, and require more energy to use them.

You need to include a link to your profile whenever you make or accept a challenge.

And also, out of curiosity, what exactly do you mean by those percentages? Since damage in ASB is already calculated in percent instead of actual numbers, actually adding or subtracting 10 or 20% to an attack is actually a massive difference in damage and would make, say, Water Gun just as powerful as a move like Hydro Cannon would normally be, and something like Blizzard would have the potential to do 32% damage or more--that's almost one third of the Pokémon's health knocked off, which is very uncommon and quite broken in ASB. It would also reduce Fire-type attacks to doing piffling to absolutely no damage. I'm assuming that that isn't what you meant, and were talking about adding/subtracting 10 or 20% of the attack's damage, which is more reasonable; however, since most people speak of boosts/penalties as "adding 2% damage" (meaning that an attack that does 4% damage will now do 6%), your percentages are likely to throw people off. If that's the case, I would either say "plus/minus 2%", or clarify and say that you mean "an additional 10% of the move's base power" or something.

I mean, if you did mean the first thing then you can use that if you like, but expect a lot of Water-, Ground- and Ice-type attacks to be spammed and the battle to be over in a round.

'scuse me. *ahem* I'll try again.

3 vs 3
Set
Area:

In Addition: pokemon that have the ground/water combination type have a 2% bonus in power for their water and ground attacks. Flying type pokemon may experience trouble in the gales, gusts may reach up to 60mph. Therefore they may be blown about a bit, slowed down slightly, and have less control over their actions unless they remain on the ground (you would agree with me if you saw the gulls and crows being blown all over the place here). Since its so cold, ice types have a 4% bonus in the power of their ice attacks. It's so cold and damp that fire types are weakened by 4% in their fire type attacks, and require more energy to use them.

My profile

Amoeba said:
'scuse me. *ahem* I'll try again.

3 vs 3
Set
Area:

In Addition: pokemon that have the ground/water combination type have a 2% bonus in power for their water and ground attacks. Flying type pokemon may experience trouble in the gales, gusts may reach up to 60mph. Therefore they may be blown about a bit, slowed down slightly, and have less control over their actions unless they remain on the ground (you would agree with me if you saw the gulls and crows being blown all over the place here). Since its so cold, ice types have a 4% bonus in the power of their ice attacks. It's so cold and damp that fire types are weakened by 4% in their fire type attacks, and require more energy to use them.

My profile
Hi Amoeba! I'll accept your challenge.

Yay, I can accept and make challenges again!

Originally Posted by Kindling Queen
Hn...I'm up for another battle. Let's try this out...

1 & 1 vs. 1 & 1
Tag Team Match; Single Battle
DQ: 5 days
Damage Cap.: NONE
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Fly, Surf
Arena: "Jungle Gym"

No lies here buddy! We are in a parks jungle gym that is big enough to hold our battle. Poles criss cross squares every where and if your Pokemon is over 90 lb.s you best expect the ones it stands on collapse beneath him. All Two legged Pokemon have the advantage of both the poles and the flat wood boards while the four legged are limited to the boards unless they are willing to take a risk with a 75% chance of slipping. Pokemon of flight are limited as well for the many bars keep them from open sky and space. This is by a school folks, no waves here or you'll drown the kids watching!!!

Listed Notes...
-90 lb.s and up will collapse a segment of the jungle gym reducing the size of the arena
-Two legged Pokemon can travel on the poles, boards and if it comes down to it due to an oversize Pokemon, the very ground
-Four legged Pokemon can only use the boards or like the previous note, the ground
-Pokemon that can fly cannot use Fly but can walk on poles, boards and the ground
-If four legged Pokemon takes risk, roll this under "100 sided" and if it gets 75 or below that Pokemon falls to the ground (-5% Health)
-The trainers are standing on boards the Pokemon have no access to and we are at the middle of the gym

A Map I Made *sweat sweat*

1 -|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-----|-|-
2 -|-------|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-
3 -|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-----|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-
4 -|-|-|-|-------|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-
5 ----|-|-|-|-|---|-|-|-|-|---|-|-|-|-|----
6 -|-|-|-|-----|-|-|-|-|-|-----|-|-|-|-|-|-
7 -|-|-|-|-|-|-|-----------|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-
8 -|-|-|-|-|-|---|-|-|-|-|--|-|-|--|-|-|-|-
9 -|-|-|------|-|-|-|-|---|-|-|-|-|-|-|--|-

->Lv. 5 is where we are starting. The trainers are on the boards on the far ends and the Pokemon are on the boards towards the center opposite of their opponents.
->This represents the boards
->This represents the grassy ground
->The rest are poles
->To keep track of our whereabouts, the reff wil mark the board or square you reside in with a color that represents you!

*Be sure to...*
-Leave your profile
-Choose a partner
-Leave a color (not already picked)
-Read "everything"

Mine
ASB Profile
Red
Originally Posted by Rossymore
*shrugs*
Sure, why not?

Mine
I'll be your partner if you want KQ!
Green
I'll battle as well.

I'll take blue.

I'll join too~
I s'pose I'll be Grass King's Partner, and I shall take the color yellow!

1 v 1
Single Set
DQ time: 2 weeks
Damage Cap: 50%
Restricted Moves: OHKOs
Arena: Capital Wastelands

The battlefield is a simple rectangular arena with a lake surrounding it. However, the field is the site of a nuclear explosion, irradiating the waters and the soil underneath. There is no wildlife within miles of the place due to the heavy amounts of radiation, which has also altered the weather pattern. Therefore any weather moves will damage all Pokemon battling depending on the type of weather (damage will be referee's choice) and the waters have a 50% chance of paralyzing a Pokemon.

Profile.

I'll challenge you!

Profile.

2vs2 Double
Style: Set
DQ: 1 Week
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Weather Moves
Arena: Torn Plateau

Deep inside the bizare Torn World, one large platform surrounded by many smaller platforms floats in the middle of nothingness. Many larger platforms float above and below it. Every 2 rounds, Giratina in his Origin Form flies above the Plateau and causes random weather. Pokemon who take capped 30% damage in one hit are knocked off the platform and put back on the field by Giratina 1 round afterwards.

Profile~

I will ref this match.

1 vs 1 Single
Style: Set
DQ: A Week
Damage Cap: 25%
Banned Moves: OHKO's
Banned Pokemon: Wailord (It's too big :O)
Arena: Horsea's Cove

The water is full of marine life, most notably Horsea. There is seaweed for Pokemon to hide in, and a rich coral reef as well. The cove has sandy beaches that are at a 5 degree incline. They go about 20 feet inland before it goes to a sheer cliff, around 70 feet high. Flying types can roost on random perches on the cliffs. Also, these cliffs meet about 60 feet up at the far end of the cove, covering around a fifth of it with a cave-like structure. The watery section of the cove has a diameter of around 50 feet, and a maximum depth of 200 feet. The cove surrounds this water almost entirely, and is a perfect circle. A quarter of the circle is open to the sea. The cliffs contain an intricate network of tunnels around 7 feet tall at best, and 2 feet at worst. It is quite easy to get lost

Now onto how the environment affects attacks. Unless a weather move is used to override it, it is constantly raining. Upon the weather condition expiring, it will begin to rain once more. Surf and Brine do 2% extra damage here, and Whirlpool will trap opponents for an extra round if they are attacked while in the water. Electric attacks gain 5% extra accuracy here, never going above 100% accuracy, as long as it is raining. Thunder, while it is raining, will of course revert to 100% accuracy. Rock Slide requires 5% extra energy to use, as the cliffs are very strong. Earthquake may also knock off chunks from the cliff (may as in 40% chance), and these chunks will do an extra 5% damage per chunk, to both the foe and the user of Earthquake. It is random who these chunks will hit

My Profile

Also, yes, the Horsea don't do anything

I'll ref this~

Hopefully this is right:

Battle Format: 3 vs 3 single.
Battle Style: Set.
Disqualification: 3 days.
Damage cap: 34%.
Banned moves: OHKO moves.
Arena: Icy Fjord.

Whilst warm and near-tropical for about a month, the Icy Fjord is a large valley, carved by a body of water which freezes over for 11 months of the year. However, in July, the ice melts allowing the fjord to continue expanding. If the move Sunny Day is used, the fjords shall melt causing fast flowing water to pull away any Pokémon unfortunate enough to be in or below the water. When Sunny Day comes to a halt, the Fjords shall freeze over again, trapping any Pokémon that happens to be below the waterline. Ice moves have a 3% power increase and a 3% energy cost decrease in the "winter" fjord, whereas water and fire moves have a 3% decrease in power and a 3% penalty for energy cost. In the "summer" fjords, water moves have a 3% increase in power and a 3% decrease in energy cost. However, ice type moves have a 3% decrease in power, and a 3% energy penalty cost.

Simplified:
Summer-type weather: +3% power, -3% energy to water moves. -3% power, +3% energy cost ice moves.
Winter-type weather: +3% power, -3% energy to ice moves. -3% power, +3% energy cost to water and fire moves.
If a pokémon is on the ice when the weather changed from Winter to Summer, then they take the same ammount of damage from a Whirlpool attack.
If a pokémon is in the water when it freezes over, they gain the frozen status.

All weather effects, such as Sunny Day would still have the same effect in the arena.

Additional rules: None.

Profile: Link.

I'll battle you. my profile

I'll take this challenge! =D

Yay I'm a ref now.

3vs3 single
Battle Style: Set
Damage cap: 25%
Banned: OHKO's and direct healing.

Arena: The Westersand

The Westersand is a desert to the west of Dalmasca, where there is an occasional sandstorm. The westersand is dotted with living cacti -as in, actually moving around, breathing, etc.- and other bizzare creatures. The sun here is intense and the sand is scorching hot. Ground and fire attacks are increased by 4% while water and grass attacks are decreased by 2%. The moves Sandstorm and Sunny Day lasts 2 times longer then usual. Rain Dance cannot be used in this arena.

Other: First stage or Pre-evolved only.

Profile Link

Last edited:
3vs3 single
Battle Style: Set
Damage cap: 25%
Banned: OHKO's and direct healing.

Arena: The Westersand

The Westersand is a desert to the west of Dalmasca, where there is an occasional sandstorm. The westersand is dotted with living cacti -as in, actually moving around, breathing, etc.- and other bizzare creatures. The sun here is intense and the sand is scorching hot. Ground and fire attacks are increased by 4% while water and grass attacks are decreased by 2%. The moves Sandstorm and Sunny Day lasts 2 times longer then usual. Rain Dance cannot be used in this arena.

Other: First stage or Pre-evolved only.

Accepting this.
Would there happen to be some non-alive cacti too?
Pro of fileness.

1vs1 single
DQ: two weeks
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, chills limited to 8/pokémon,
Arena: Mount Moon's Peak

a flat part of Mount Moons peak is the arena, with lots of loose gravel on the ground, so there is a 5% chance that pokemon will slip when they move around. There's alot of wind, making it hard to fly , and a full moon is out. Every other turn, a Clefable will come out and use Metronome on a random pokemon.

1vs1 single
DQ: two weeks
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, chills limited to 8/pokémon,
Arena: Mount Moon's Peak

a flat part of Mount Moons peak is the arena, with lots of loose gravel on the ground, so there is a 5% chance that pokemon will slip when they move around. There's alot of wind, making it hard to fly , and a full moon is out. Every other turn, a Clefable will come out and use Metronome on a random pokemon.

Shall Accept this.

Profile~

For Philly.
2vs2 single
DQ: Two weeks
Banned Moves: OHKO's, chills limited to 6/Pokémon, Attract, Infutation, Direct Healing

Arena: The Night Forest, Clearing 1

The Night Forest is basically an extremely dark forest, with trees blocking out the sun and heat, even in the middle of the day. Every five turns, a sliver of moon or sun shines through the leaves, making all Pokemon relax and gain 5% energy. A soft breeze is always blowing through the clearing, and it makes it somewhat easier to fly. Solarbeam, Moonlight, Synthesis, and other moves are allowed, but not recommended because of the lack of light. There is a 5% chance the attacking Pokemon will not be able to see, and will not attack.

For Philly.
2vs2 single
DQ: Two weeks
Banned Moves: OHKO's, chills limited to 6/Pokémon, Attract, Infutation, Direct Healing

Arena: The Night Forest, Clearing 1

The Night Forest is basically an extremely dark forest, with trees blocking out the sun and heat, even in the middle of the day. Every five turns, a sliver of moon or sun shines through the leaves, making all Pokemon relax and gain 5% energy. A soft breeze is always blowing through the clearing, and it makes it somewhat easier to fly. Solarbeam, Moonlight, Synthesis, and other moves are allowed, but not recommended because of the lack of light. There is a 5% chance the attacking Pokemon will not be able to see, and will not attack.

Sorry, but since I'm new at this, I've read the stuff on the first page here, but am still a little confused about a few things.
1. What does Damage Cap: 25% mean?
2. What is 'Chills limited to 6 pokemon?'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom