• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not quite--the original challenge also needs to be in there. The idea is to have all the information in one post, so when the fourth player accepts the challenge then the challenge details and all four profiles will be in their post. You may have to manually quote or c/p the challenge itself, though, since it was stripped out when you quoted Ameroq's post.

Time to get Christmassy up in this bitch, yo.

1v1 Single
DQ:
7 days
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Attract.
Damage Cap: 40%
Arena: Snowy Fields

The Snowy Fields, are, well...fields covered in snow. The rolling hills are a pristine white, glittering slightly in the morning sunlight, the snow a good inch deep. It's not too cold out, but just cold enough, and Ice-Type moves get a 1% boost to damage. If pushed aside, the snow will give way to short, soft, and rather wet green grass and soft soil. There isn't another creature to be seen, but the faint sound of winter birdsong in the distance can be heard. Far off a forest can be seen, covered in snow and full of evergreens, but it's too far off to get to for the battle.

fa la la la la la la la *BITES YOUR FACE*

Yay, it's not too early for Christmas-themed battles :D Or if it is, you can all blame Full Metal Cookies instead of me. >.> (I don't have any battles waiting for a ref so I ought to be allowed to challenge.)

6v6 tag (3 Pokémon per person)
Set
DQ: 11 days
Damage Cap: 37%
Arena: Enormous Christmas Pudding
As the name suggests, this field is an enormously large Christmas pudding, at least two Wailords in diameter, sitting in a bowl with custard. A Pokémon can be commanded to take up an action to eat some of the pudding, restoring 10% health and 5% energy; however, due to the arena being very filling, this can only be carried out three times per Pokémon. At the beginning of the battle, the pudding and custard are extremely hot, so any Pokémon in contact with either of them receive 2% damage per round (increased to 4% for Ice types, reduced to 0% for Fire types) until round three, when it will be cool enough to eat. Any Pokémon attempting to eat the arena until then will suffer 3% damage, a 30% chance of a burn and the inability to use sound- or biting-based moves for a round due to a burnt tongue. Additionally, the pudding is soaked with some variety of liquor, meaning that any Pokémon eating it has a 25% chance to become drunk confused, and all Fire-type moves have a 10% chance to set the whole thing alight, dealing 3% Fire damage per round to any Pokémon who doesn't escape into the custard moat until it dies down. Finally, numerous coins are buried in the pudding for lucky and unsuspecting diners to find, and any Pokémon using Dig or any move that upturns the pudding (including eating it) has a 10% chance of gaining $1.

Pro-ho-ho-file~ (

(sorry I stole your "giant edible arenas" thing Linooney but... CHRISTMAS)

Yay, it's not too early for Christmas-themed battles :D Or if it is, you can all blame Full Metal Cookies instead of me. >.> (I don't have any battles waiting for a ref so I ought to be allowed to challenge.)

Set
As the name suggests, this field is an enormously large Christmas pudding, at least two Wailords in diameter, sitting in a bowl with custard. A Pokémon can be commanded to take up an action to eat some of the pudding, restoring 10% health and 5% energy; however, due to the arena being very filling, this can only be carried out three times per Pokémon. At the beginning of the battle, the pudding and custard are extremely hot, so any Pokémon in contact with either of them receive 2% damage per round (increased to 4% for Ice types, reduced to 0% for Fire types) until round three, when it will be cool enough to eat. Any Pokémon attempting to eat the arena until then will suffer 3% damage, a 30% chance of a burn and the inability to use sound- or biting-based moves for a round due to a burnt tongue. Additionally, the pudding is soaked with some variety of liquor, meaning that any Pokémon eating it has a 25% chance to become drunk confused, and all Fire-type moves have a 10% chance to set the whole thing alight, dealing 3% Fire damage per round to any Pokémon who doesn't escape into the custard moat until it dies down. Finally, numerous coins are buried in the pudding for lucky and unsuspecting diners to find, and any Pokémon using Dig or any move that upturns the pudding (including eating it) has a 10% chance of gaining $1.

Pro-ho-ho-file~ (

Count me in! :D

Set

Pro-ho-ho-file~ (

I want that pudding!

Set

Pro-ho-ho-file~ (

Sounds interesting. Eh, I guess I'll give it a shot!

Battle for RandomTyphoon, Ameroq01, and Lars the Turtwig. I team with Ameroq, Typh pairs with Twiggy. (Because Ameroq's stunning creativity should match well with Typh's superior intellect.

6 vs. 6 Tag (as each trainer brings three)

Set.

DQ: 7 days

Damage Cap: 35%

Banned: OHKOs

Stage:
Plain

Heh. A plain plain.

Additinol rules:
If one team member does not give commands in five days, the other member can substitute for them
------

I'm sorry I cannot give a profile, but the Wii doesn't allow you to copy and paste. Maybe one of the contenders can do it for me..?

Ahhh. Okay, then.

Schnellll

Joining, whatever...
C'est une Profil

Ameroq's profile.

My own.

Sorry for all the confusion. Done.

Time to get Christmassy up in this bitch, yo.

1v1 Single
DQ:
7 days
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Attract.
Arena: Snowy Fields

The Snowy Fields, are, well...fields covered in snow. The rolling hills are a pristine white, glittering slightly in the morning sunlight, the snow a good inch deep. It's not too cold out, but just cold enough, and Ice-Type moves get a 1% boost to damage. If pushed aside, the snow will give way to short, soft, and rather wet green grass and soft soil. There isn't another creature to be seen, but the faint sound of winter birdsong in the distance can be heard. Far off a forest can be seen, covered in snow and full of evergreens, but it's too far off to get to for the battle.

fa la la la la la la la *BITES YOUR FACE*
I'll have a shot at it, if I may.

Ok...I feel suicidal right now...and I want money for Christmas shopping.

I'll be reffing the following:

Xaldin vs Darksong
Killerman vs Psymon

These will be up in a moment or two

Last edited:
Battle Format: 3 vs. 3 Single Battle
Battle Style: Set
DQ Time: One week
Damage Cap: 25%
Banned Moves: OHKOs
Arena Description: Suburban Rooftops

A suburban town on a lazy day, each trainer and his/her respective pokemon are assigned a house adjacent to that of his/her opponent. There is about a ten yard grassy side-yard that separates the two houses. Pokemon may only be on the ground for one round, and then must climb up onto the roofs of one of the houses. If they do not do this, the pokemon on the ground is disqualified. On the side of each house there is a staircase that leads up to the roof of that house.

Link to my profile~

Taking this fun-sounding challenge.

The challenger's profile... is there.

2vs2 single
Style: Switch
DQ: 2 weeks
Damage Cap: 65%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, weather moves, direct healers limited to 1 per Pokemon, chills limited to 1 per side per round
Arena: Whirl Islands

We'll battle in the depths of the Whirl Islands of Johto. We'll start out on the lower level as seen in the linked image, although we may travel to the higher one by use of flight, the move Waterfall, or other feasible methods. Aquatic Pokemon can be sent out in the water, while land-based Pokemon are restricted to the platforms unless they can manage to swim. Flying Pokemon can move anywhere within the cavern, of course. Due to the heavy humidity of the cave, Fire attacks deal 2% less damage and cost 1% more energy, and Flying-typed Pokemon start with an unremovable -1 Speed cut because of wet feathers. (Dual-typed Water/Flying Pokemon do not receive this Speed reduction, as do Flying Pokemon without feathers, such as Zubat.)

Once per round, there is a 60% chance that a Lugia will attack from somewhere deeper down in the cave system. If it does, the ref will decide what the attack is (of damaging projectile attacks only). Due to the distance, the attack's accuracy will be 20% lower than usual, and it will have a chance of hitting either or, if the attack's breadth is wide enough, both of the battlers, with its target to be determined randomly. Its power will be cut by half after all other calculations, also due to the distance.

Sigh. I've fallen out of EVERYTHING here. Life is stupid. But to begin anew is to... something something something. ANYWAY.
I'm issuing this challenge to COOKIES, of the METAL variety, they're simply FULL of awesome. I think I'm BACKWARDS. KEKEKEKE.

2vs2 single
Banned Moves: OHKO's, direct healing move allowed once for the entire match.
Arena: Sketchpad

A giant pad of paper made for transferring imagination into reality, everyone probably knows what one of these is. Except this one is big. Humongous, even. Yet for all intents and purposes it's flat, slightly textured surface provide an incredibly neutral field for battle. However, the paper seems highly resistant to normal damage, and as such the likes of fire, water, or any other damaging elements will not immediately disintegrate it's being as they may normal paper.

The ref plays an extra role in this battle, however.. upon accepting they are granted a magic pen, capable of bringing life to what is drawn onto the paper. As such, the ref gets to decide the arena effects each round, for better or for worse. (Try to remain unbiased though!! Most effects should probably affect both contenders unless you want to get creative with balance)
The catch is, they actually have to DRAW it - obviously. So with a little creativity (NOT asking for artistic genius here, Paint and scribbles will work, though effort would be appreciated~ ) this battle can flow as their fingers decide.
EVERY ROUND THE REF SHOULD DRAW THEIR CURRENT PERCEPTION OF THE BATTLE ON A 750x450 PIXEL TEMPLATE, AS WELL AS ADDING THE EFFECTS THEY WISH. For instance, the ref may draw a pond and colour the rest of the sheet green, to bring the battle to a grassy field with a small pond.
The ref may draw on the ENTIRE ARENA as they wish.

ADDITIONALLY, every three rounds STARTING AT ROUND TWO (Meaning the first round is played by contenders normally, then this will come into play, then two more will be played normally, and it will come into play again) both contenders will receive a disposable pen of their own, which will have enough ink for ONE EFFECT. By using a turn labelled as "Sketch", a Pokemon may sketch a desired effect using this pen, either immediately, or holding onto the pen for a later round. (Only two may be held at one time)
When a pen is used, the contender uses the same 750x450 pixel sheet to illustrate their desired effect, BUT THEY MAY NOT DESCRIBE IT WITH WORDS. Instead, the ref judges from their drawing alone and applies the effect as such!
When a contender produces their own effect, the ref will copy their drawing and ADD to it, but not OVERRIDE it. If both players use their pens at the same time, the player whose turn is first gets first dibs, the second player may ADD but not OVERRIDE it, and the ref takes last priority. A player's effect may only affect a maximum of HALF THE ARENA.
(FOR EXAMPLE: If Player 1 draws a field of Fire on the left side of the field, player two may draw the right side of the field with water, but NOT cover the existing fire. The ref is then within their liberty to add, for example, a platform on either side - but not remove or edit player effects drastically.)
Finally, at the end of every round the pad is wiped clean to begin anew. Meaning at the beginning of every round, it will have returned to a clean, neutral field until edited again.

...Hope this will be totally whacked out :D Kyaaaaa

Ohcruddlesforgotmyporfilekyaaaaaaaa
KYAAAAAAAA

Last edited:
Sigh. I've fallen out of EVERYTHING here. Life is stupid. But to begin anew is to... something something something. ANYWAY.
I'm issuing this challenge to COOKIES, of the METAL variety, they're simply FULL of awesome. I think I'm BACKWARDS. KEKEKEKE.

2vs2 single

A giant pad of paper made for transferring imagination into reality, everyone probably knows what one of these is. Except this one is big. Humongous, even. Yet for all intents and purposes it's flat, slightly textured surface provide an incredibly neutral field for battle. However, the paper seems highly resistant to normal damage, and as such the likes of fire, water, or any other damaging elements will not immediately disintegrate it's being as they may normal paper.

The ref plays an extra role in this battle, however.. upon accepting they are granted a magic pen, capable of bringing life to what is drawn onto the paper. As such, the ref gets to decide the arena effects each round, for better or for worse. (Try to remain unbiased though!! Most effects should probably affect both contenders unless you want to get creative with balance)
The catch is, they actually have to DRAW it - obviously. So with a little creativity (NOT asking for artistic genius here, Paint and scribbles will work, though effort would be appreciated~ ) this battle can flow as their fingers decide.
EVERY ROUND THE REF SHOULD DRAW THEIR CURRENT PERCEPTION OF THE BATTLE ON A 750x450 PIXEL TEMPLATE, AS WELL AS ADDING THE EFFECTS THEY WISH. For instance, the ref may draw a pond and colour the rest of the sheet green, to bring the battle to a grassy field with a small pond.

ADDITIONALLY, every three rounds STARTING AT ROUND TWO (Meaning the first round is played by contenders normally, then this will come into play, then two more will be played normally, and it will come into play again) both contenders will receive a disposable pen of their own, which will have enough ink for ONE EFFECT. By using a turn labelled as "Sketch", a Pokemon may sketch a desired effect using this pen, either immediately, or holding onto the pen for a later round. (Only two may be held at one time)
When a pen is used, the contender uses the same 750x450 pixel sheet to illustrate their desired effect, BUT THEY MAY NOT DESCRIBE IT WITH WORDS. Instead, the ref judges from their drawing alone and applies the effect as such!
When a contender produces their own effect, the ref will copy their drawing and ADD to it, but not OVERRIDE it. If both players use their pens at the same time, the player whose turn is first gets first dibs, the second player may ADD but not OVERRIDE it, and the ref takes last priority. A player's effect may only affect a maximum of HALF THE ARENA.
(FOR EXAMPLE: If Player 1 draws a field of Fire on the left side of the field, player two may draw the right side of the field with water, but NOT cover the existing fire. The ref is then within their liberty to add, for example, a platform on either side - but not remove or edit player effects drastically.)
Finally, at the end of every round the pad is wiped clean to begin anew. Meaning at the beginning of every round, it will have returned to a clean, neutral field until edited again.

KYAAAAAAAA

weeeeeee~

2vs2 single

KYAAAAAAAA

Holy Crap. This is just too good to pass up. I will try to ref this quickly (As well as other battles I'm doing right now).

2vs2 single
Damage Cap: 65%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, weather moves, direct healers limited to 1 per Pokemon, chills limited to 1 per side per round
Arena: Whirl Islands

We'll battle in the depths of the Whirl Islands of Johto. We'll start out on the lower level as seen in the linked image, although we may travel to the higher one by use of flight, the move Waterfall, or other feasible methods. Aquatic Pokemon can be sent out in the water, while land-based Pokemon are restricted to the platforms unless they can manage to swim. Flying Pokemon can move anywhere within the cavern, of course. Due to the heavy humidity of the cave, Fire attacks deal 2% less damage and cost 1% more energy, and Flying-typed Pokemon start with an unremovable -1 Speed cut because of wet feathers. (Dual-typed Water/Flying Pokemon do not receive this Speed reduction, as do Flying Pokemon without feathers, such as Zubat.)

Once per round, there is a 60% chance that a Lugia will attack from somewhere deeper down in the cave system. If it does, the ref will decide what the attack is (of damaging projectile attacks only). Due to the distance, the attack's accuracy will be 20% lower than usual, and it will have a chance of hitting either or, if the attack's breadth is wide enough, both of the battlers, with its target to be determined randomly. Its power will be cut by half after all other calculations, also due to the distance.

I takes.

1vs1 Single
DQ: 7 days
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned: OHKO, Weather moves

Arena: Hellbender Cave

It's a large, enclosed cave with a very high roof. There is a strange unearthly glow that has lighted up the whole cave. There are small pools of water everywhere that contain small brown lizard-like creatures. Being in direct contact with them them causes 1% poison-type damage. The creatures themselves will never attack nor interfere in the match. The sides of the cave are very sharp and jagged, and Pokémon without sufficient protection will suffer 3% rock-type if thrown against the wall or the roof hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom