• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
4vs4 triple
DQ: One week
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, direct healing moves limited to 3/Pokémon, chills to 5/Pokémon.
Arena: The Gridiron.

An open-air American football stadium. After years of disuse and neglect, it has greatly dilapidated. There is a field in the middle with a large seating area ringing around the outside, going upward as it gets farther out, much like this picture. It would take one action for a fast pokémon (base 90 speed and higher) to run the length of the field, or run from one end of the stands to the other, two actions for a faster pokémon. Near the bottom of the stands used to be scattered entrances that led under the stands, into a circular hallway that ran the length of the stands, but those entrances are caved in with concrete. At either end of the field, there are containers of football equipment. A pokémon may use one action to put on a piece of equipment. If it is body padding, it increases defense +1. If it is a helmet, it increases special defense +1. In addition, head-related attacks (Headbutt, Skull bash, etc.) do 5% more damage, unless the defender is wearing a helmet as well. A pokémon may only have one helmet and one set of padding on at a time, and can only use one of each for the whole battle. One piece of equipment lasts until the pokémon takes 30% damage of special damage for helmets and physical damage for padding. Also in the containers are footballs, which can be used as typeless projectile attacks. Its base power and whether it is a special or physical attack is determined by the method of using it. Every round, there is a 5% chance of heavy snow, which decreases speed for non-ice types -2 and decreases visibility to 20 yards, when outside.

Profile.

I accept.

I really need to get back into this

Sage Noctowl

If you're going to drop out of a battle, please make a post about it instead of just deleting the post where you accepted. It was only by chance that I noticed that you had done that, and it would have screwed things up pretty badly if I hadn't.

Edit: Unless you did it right away, that is; then it's okay. I can't tell because I don't see anything that can tell me when the post was deleted, only when it was made. So sorry if you were prompt about it.

I realized that triple meant three out at a time, and there were already two participants.
I deleted it after I was informed what triple meant. I'm sorry for the extreme inconvenience, I'll keep that in mind for next time.

2vs2 Singles
DQ: 8 days
Damage Cap: 70%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Evasion
Arena: Spear Pillar (Brawl)

It's a two-layer stone arena with pillars. However, at the start of every fourth round:

40% chance Dialga will appear and slow down all movement of Pokemon.
40% chance Palkia will appear and turn the battlefield upside-down.
20% chance Cresselia will appear and do nothing.

This Pokemon will disappear after two rounds.

http://dragonflycave.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1963&page=3 <----- Profile.

Last edited:
2vs2 Singles
DQ: 8 days
Damage Cap: 70%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Evasion
Arena: Spear Pillar (Brawl)

It's a two-layer stone arena with pillars. However, at the start of every fourth round:

40% chance Dialga will appear and slow down all movement of Pokemon.
40% chance Palkia will appear and turn the battlefield upside-down.
20% chance Cresselia will appear and do nothing.

This Pokemon will disappear after two rounds.

http://dragonflycave.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1963&page=3 <----- Profile.

I'll take that challenge. Profile

1vs1 Triple Threat
DQ:8 Days
Banned: OHKO, full recovery moves
Arena: Bombed-Out Meadow

This used to be a green meadow. It's still green, where there aren't any craters. Many large craters scatter the meadow. They have been recently caused by stuff you don't even want to think about. They are deep but accessing and exiting them is easy. A weak sun hangs in the sky, with a few stray clouds floating randomly. A trainer can command its Pokémon to take cover in a crater. While doing so all ranged attacks used against it will deal 3% less damage. The opposing trainer can use short-ranged/melee attacks to full effect but must first command its Pokémon to enter the same crater as the other Pokémon. A ranged attack can also deal full damage when a trainer commands it to enter the same crater as its target first. And, every three turns, a bombing squad will arrive and drop bombs randomly on the meadow. 20 bombs will be dropped, each one has a 5% chance of hitting any Pokémon and deals 4% damage. After every 5 turns any artillery barrage will commence onto the meadow. 25 shells will be fired, each one will have a 15% chance to hit any Pokémon and deals 8% damage each.

Note: Moves like 'Low Kick', 'Bone Rush' and 'Ice Punch' count as short-ranged/melee moves whereas moves like 'Swift', 'Solar Beam' and 'Octazooka' count as ranged attacks.

~Profile

A challenge for Scyther:
3 vs. 3 single.
DQ: A week.
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned: OHKO'S.

Arena: The Bathtub! :O ♪~Splish splash~♪

You are shrunk (1 inch=6 feet) and placed in a bathtub, or (At regular size) are placed in a GIANT bathtub. (You choose, effect is the same) There are many rubber duckies floating around, there for people/pokémon. Pokémon now can magically walk on zeh water! Your Pokemon can also climb onto shelfs near by, and there you will find some soap. Eating it will increase the power of Bubble/Bubblebeam by 4%! Nothing will happen if an electric attack hits the water. If a pokemon is below the surface, your attack will NOT shock the Pokemon without actually hitting it. If a pokemon's foot is in the water, and you zap the water around it's foot, guess what? Nothing. The Rows of shampoo and/or conditioner bottles line the shelves. Black, red, purple. But these aren't ordinary bathroom supplies, these are weapons! Opening a bottle costs 3% energy:
Upon opening a black bottle, it will send a pressureized blast of cleanliness towards your opponent: 4% damage, 70% accurate.
Upon opening a green bottle, the whole arena becomes squeaky clean, TOO clean! The ground/rubber duckies/shelves become so slippery, accuracy is lowered by 20%, mud-based attacks have no effect due to the cleanliness!
Purple bottles are special, they power up dark and ghost attacks by 2% and minus psychic attacks power by 2%. They will also summon:
20% Chance of a Gyarados which will attack after being attacked, choosing one pokemon randomly. 4% damage 90% accurate,
80% a Magikarp which will flop pointlessly, getting in the way. The Magikarp has 20% health.
You can command your pokemon to turn the hot or cold water knob:
Hot water causes 2% damage a round for ice-types,
Cold water causes 2% damage a round for Fire types!

Free rubber duckies↓↓↓

http://www.dragonflycave.com/forums/showpost.php?p=356179&postcount=169

Last edited:
A challenge for Scyther:
3 vs. 3 single.
DQ: A week.
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned: OHKO'S.

Arena: The Bathtub! :O ♪~Splish splash~♪

You are shrunk (1 inch=6 feet) and placed in a bathtub, or (At regular size) are placed in a GIANT bathtub. (You choose, effect is the same) There are many rubber duckies floating around, there for people/pokémon. Pokémon now can magically walk on zeh water! Your Pokemon can also climb onto shelfs near by, and there you will find some soap.

Eating it will increase the power of Bubble/Bubblebeam by 4%! Nothing will happen if an electric attack hits the water. If a pokemon is below the surface, your attack will NOT shock the Pokemon without actually hitting it. If a pokemon's foot is in the water, and you zap the water around it's foot, guess what? Nothing. The Rows of shampoo and/or conditioner bottles line the shelves. Black, red, purple. But these aren't ordinary bathroom supplies, these are weapons! Opening a bottle costs 3% energy:

Upon opening a black bottle, it will send a pressureized blast of cleanliness towards your opponent: 4% damage, 70% accurate.

Upon opening a green bottle, the whole arena becomes squeaky clean, TOO clean! The ground/rubber duckies/shelves become so slippery, accuracy is lowered by 20%, mud-based attacks have no effect due to the cleanliness!

Purple bottles are special, they power up dark and ghost attacks by 2% and minus psychic attacks power by 2%. They will also summon:
20% Chance of a Gyarados which will attack after being attacked, choosing one pokemon randomly. 4% damage 90% accurate,
80% a Magikarp which will flop pointlessly, getting in the way. The Magikarp has 20% health.

You can command your pokemon to turn the hot or cold water knob:
Hot water causes 2% damage a round for ice-types,
Cold water causes 2% damage a round for Fire types!

Free rubber duckies↓↓↓

steele's Profile

My profile

Last edited:
All right, so. Much as I need to evolve the slew of itsy-bitsy Pokémon in my crew, I grow bored with throwing all of these puny Eevee and Smoochum and whatnot around. I want to battle with big Pokémon and really mess something up. To that end I have made a temporary profile modification to bring out the heavy artillery, and I expect a response in kind. If you don't have at least four Pokémon that are fully-evolved then don't bother applying, please--this ain't playtime, kiddies.

4 on 4 double
Damage Cap: None
DQ: 7 days
Banned Pokémon: Anything that is not fully evolved (Blaziken and Pinsir are fine; Torchic, Combusken and Scyther are not)
Banned/restricted moves: direct healing, chilling, OHKOs, Perish Song, Destiny Bond, sleep-inducing moves

Arena: Professor Kaminko's Experimental Stadium, Arena #44

Any claims that Professor Kaminko does not test his Pokémon-related inventions before revealing them to the public (a public that is obviously too simple to appreciate their sheer genius) are, of course, entirely false. In fact, the professor has a dedicated space beneath his secret laboratory for just this purpose--his experimental stadium. At first glance it appears to be a fairly plain arena, with the standard clay floor, small pool for water-types and a weather generator that will respond to any weather-inducing commands. A few button presses and switch flips, however, and the professor can produce anything from a plethora of his newest battle-based creations to make things more... interesting. Kaminko regularly invites trainers down to his facility to help him test his new experiments, assuring them that of course their Pokémon will be perfectly safe and that of course there will be ample compensation for their time. Most of the Orrean trainers know better than to take his claims at face value, but there's no reason for a few gullible eager outsiders not to trust him, right? Besides! Shiny new toys! Who could possibly resist!

The arena that Kaminko has chosen for today's battle, number forty-four out of sixty-three, is fairly simple as his bizarre challenges go. The battlefield itself does not change much when he activates it, forgoing #3's Poké-Poles™ falling from the ceiling and #61's small herd of Tauros sporting his Pokémon Mood-Altering Keclenses™ (currently stuck on angry red) for wide, open space. The battlers are going to need plenty of room and minimal distractions, after all--with all the energy they'll have to burn, they'd probably tear something down if they were in a smaller space. For today, all eight Pokémon involved will be wearing Kaminko's new Ever-Energy Adrenapacks™.

The Adrenapacks provide each Pokémon with literally unlimited energy, allowing them to attack with abandon and without fear of exhausting themselves. The experiment is intended to see what Pokémon are capable of doing when allowed to battle on and on without interruption, but perhaps the Adrenapacks give the Pokémon a little too much juice. They are prone to releasing extra surges of energy that can actually harm the Pokémon wearing them, causing 3% typeless damage to each Pokémon at the end of most rounds and 5%/round if their health is below 33%. Additionally, the constant influx of energy makes the battlers incredibly nervous and restless, preventing them from focusing on moves that rely on calming down or relaxing (i.e. calm mind, amnesia), being lulled into complacency (i.e. attract, flatter, charm) or falling asleep.

This file is a professional. It has an MBA and everything.

All right, so. Much as I need to evolve the slew of itsy-bitsy Pokémon in my crew, I grow bored with throwing all of these puny Eevee and Smoochum and whatnot around. I want to battle with big Pokémon and really mess something up. To that end I have made a temporary profile modification to bring out the heavy artillery, and I expect a response in kind. If you don't have at least four Pokémon that are fully-evolved then don't bother applying, please--this ain't playtime, kiddies.

4 on 4 double
Damage Cap: None
DQ: 7 days
Banned Pokémon: Anything that is not fully evolved (Blaziken and Pinsir are fine; Torchic, Combusken and Scyther are not)
Banned/restricted moves: direct healing, chilling, OHKOs, Perish Song, Destiny Bond, sleep-inducing moves

Arena: Professor Kaminko's Experimental Stadium, Arena #44

Any claims that Professor Kaminko does not test his Pokémon-related inventions before revealing them to the public (a public that is obviously too simple to appreciate their sheer genius) are, of course, entirely false. In fact, the professor has a dedicated space beneath his secret laboratory for just this purpose--his experimental stadium. At first glance it appears to be a fairly plain arena, with the standard clay floor, small pool for water-types and a weather generator that will respond to any weather-inducing commands. A few button presses and switch flips, however, and the professor can produce anything from a plethora of his newest battle-based creations to make things more... interesting. Kaminko regularly invites trainers down to his facility to help him test his new experiments, assuring them that of course their Pokémon will be perfectly safe and that of course there will be ample compensation for their time. Most of the Orrean trainers know better than to take his claims at face value, but there's no reason for a few gullible eager outsiders not to trust him, right? Besides! Shiny new toys! Who could possibly resist!

The arena that Kaminko has chosen for today's battle, number forty-four out of sixty-three, is fairly simple as his bizarre challenges go. The battlefield itself does not change much when he activates it, forgoing #3's Poké-Poles™ falling from the ceiling and #61's small herd of Tauros sporting his Pokémon Mood-Altering Keclenses™ (currently stuck on angry red) for wide, open space. The battlers are going to need plenty of room and minimal distractions, after all--with all the energy they'll have to burn, they'd probably tear something down if they were in a smaller space. For today, all eight Pokémon involved will be wearing Kaminko's new Ever-Energy Adrenapacks™.

The Adrenapacks provide each Pokémon with literally unlimited energy, allowing them to attack with abandon and without fear of exhausting themselves. The experiment is intended to see what Pokémon are capable of doing when allowed to battle on and on without interruption, but perhaps the Adrenapacks give the Pokémon a little too much juice. They are prone to releasing extra surges of energy that can actually harm the Pokémon wearing them, causing 3% typeless damage to each Pokémon at the end of most rounds and 5%/round if their health is below 33%. Additionally, the constant influx of energy makes the battlers incredibly nervous and restless, preventing them from focusing on moves that rely on calming down or relaxing (i.e. calm mind, amnesia), being lulled into complacency (i.e. attract, flatter, charm) or falling asleep.

This file is a professional. It has an MBA and everything.

If you wouldn't mind battling me again?
I should be able to take this since I've revoked my challenge with Eonrider. Mass-destruction tiem~
Sorry Typh, but I really want to break stuff :<

This is a three-way battle for Dwagie and Mike! Everyone else, please sit at the benches over there and we’ll serve you a bowl of the arena right up in a jiffy~

2vs2vs2 three-way battle, one pokemon per trainer at a time
Style: Switch
DQ: 12 Days
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: Arena: A Hearty Bowl of Offal Soup

It’s not just hearty either, but livery and brainy as well.

Bad puns aside, the Offal Soup is, like all Linoone arenas, contained in a very large bowl with a diameter of two Wailords and a depth of one and a half, so a Wailord can actually battle in it, just not very easily. Three platforms, shaped like a liver, brain, and a heart, float nearby for the trainers to stand on, while a fourth platform in the shape of an offal of the referee’s choice floats in an area of the referee’s choice.

Now, let’s move on to the actual arena. The Offal Soup is a delicious grayish brown color, not comparable to poop because poop is browner and (probably) not as delicious. Small specks of grayish brown meat bits and protein condensations float in the soup, making the clear, light brown soup look foggy. The soup had been cooked for eight hours straight so the strong flavor of meat could fully diffuse into the soup, and it is made from three main ingredients: the lighter colored, melt-in-your-mouth soft brain, the darker colored, soft and squishy livers, and the even darker colored, chewy and hearts. Those three ingredients make up the heart of the arena, taking up most of the space and making the arena appear slightly solid. Due to this, water-only pokemon are not encouraged, since they won’t be able to see very well swimming in the arena. A meaty aroma wafts up from the arena, deliciously sweet for meat-lovers and horrible to vegetarians.

As with all Linoone arenas, the soup is edible. Although this bowl of soup may look disgusting to the untrained eye, it’s actually quite nutritious and full of protein as well as other kinds of goodies. As all EV trainers know, Protein in the pokemon world, for some reason, boosts attack, and the soup does exactly that. One bite of the deliciously chewy and protein-full heart will boost the Attack of the pokemon by 1. While the brain doesn’t contain much calcium, Special Attack has long been associated with smartness, and eating some of the wonderfully smooth brains will boost Special Attack by 1. The liver is just healthy and restores 5% HP to all pokemon that eats it, while the soup itself, full of nutrients from the ingredients, can boost a random stat of the pokemon by 1. All foods restore 5% energy in addition to other special effects when eaten. Any pokemon may take an action to eat the ingredients, although it might be hard for a pokemon to distinguish one type of offal from another when their trainers are not being very specific. After all, everything is brown.

Linoone finally had the courtesy of cooling down the soup enough so pokemon don’t get burnt battling on top. The soup is just a comfortable warmness, and will continue to cool down as the battle progresses.

Since the brain, the most prominent part of the soup, is a non-Newtonian fluid, one will find him/her/itself slowly sinking through the soup if he/she/it is stepping on the brainy part of the soup, but if one crashes into the brainy part with a lot of force, it will hurt. The livers and heart normally solid, although the livers break under pressure and the hearts are more bouncy. Remember, all these can be used to the battlers’ advantage, so watch your step.

Other: For Mikeh and Dwageh~ Also, anyone who reffs this is automatically awesome.

GET YER SPOONS OUT

Well, i must be awesome then. Shall be up in a mo'.

I'll take Claudster's challenge, if he'll let me:
2 vs 2 singles
DQ: 1 week
Damge cap: 30%
Banned: OHKO moves

Arena: A vinyard

Description: A small sized vinyrad fenced off. About 20 by 20 meters with rows of grape vines going across from one end to the other. Each person starts across from each other in between the same two rows of grape vines.

Extras: you can use an action to eat a grape and restore 2% health.

My Profile

1vs1 Triple Threat
DQ:8 Days
Banned: OHKO, full recovery moves
Arena: Bombed-Out Meadow

This used to be a green meadow. It's still green, where there aren't any craters. Many large craters scatter the meadow. They have been recently caused by stuff you don't even want to think about. They are deep but accessing and exiting them is easy. A weak sun hangs in the sky, with a few stray clouds floating randomly. A trainer can command its Pokémon to take cover in a crater. While doing so all ranged attacks used against it will deal 3% less damage. The opposing trainer can use short-ranged/melee attacks to full effect but must first command its Pokémon to enter the same crater as the other Pokémon. A ranged attack can also deal full damage when a trainer commands it to enter the same crater as its target first. And, every three turns, a bombing squad will arrive and drop bombs randomly on the meadow. 20 bombs will be dropped, each one has a 5% chance of hitting any Pokémon and deals 4% damage. After every 5 turns any artillery barrage will commence onto the meadow. 25 shells will be fired, each one will have a 15% chance to hit any Pokémon and deals 8% damage each.

Note: Moves like 'Low Kick', 'Bone Rush' and 'Ice Punch' count as short-ranged/melee moves whereas moves like 'Swift', 'Solar Beam' and 'Octazooka' count as ranged attacks.

~Profile
Sounds fun. I'll be one of the trio.
ASB Profile

because, I'm lazy, I'm going to use this arena again.

3v3 double
DQ: 1209600 C·V/W (comes out to seconds, or 14 days)
Damage Cap: 10%
Banned Moves: OHKO's
Arena: A Really Big Historic Battlefield

Generic. Except bigger. It would take about a round just to get from one end of the field to the other for a jolteon sprinting the whole way. There is a 12m-wide river that winds through the place dividing the two battlers' starting positions, which, for inexplicable reasons, is that same width across regardless of location. There are, however, some islands in the river, and there was once a pair of bridges, but one is now just broken beyond repair, leaving a 11m gap, and the other will break under 40kg under earth-gravity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom